Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ten ‘Notorius’ Swansea Pubs 16:16 - Aug 27 with 24627 viewsbonymine

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/ten-most-notorious-s

I’ve been to six of them over the years, colourful places with colourful chatacters, great experiences and an eye opener for me throughout my younger days !! Happy times 👍😂🍻

Great to see John the Bank yesterday outside the Riverside had some cracking days/nights at the Gari with him & Sian over the years 👍🍻

Look forward to any anecdotes lads ? Got to be quite a few surely ?

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Ten ‘Notorius’ Swansea Pubs on 16:21 - Aug 27 with 11282 viewsEasternJack

Quality! Got some great memories from gigging at a few of those places.

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Ten ‘Notorius’ Swansea Pubs on 16:29 - Aug 27 with 11230 viewsDr_Winston

No Wildfowler?

List fail.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Ten ‘Notorius’ Swansea Pubs on 16:39 - Aug 27 with 11182 viewslifelong

Ten ‘Notorius’ Swansea Pubs on 16:29 - Aug 27 by Dr_Winston

No Wildfowler?

List fail.

Played a game of football against the Wildfowler in the West Wales Cup in the late 70’s, needless to say it wasn’t a pretty sight.
Ten ‘Notorius’ Swansea Pubs on 16:42 - Aug 27 with 11160 viewsbonymine

Ten ‘Notorius’ Swansea Pubs on 16:39 - Aug 27 by lifelong

Played a game of football against the Wildfowler in the West Wales Cup in the late 70’s, needless to say it wasn’t a pretty sight.

Played Sunday League football at the ‘Fowler’ never had to duck to avoid pint glasses being thrown at me anywhere else in the League ....😂😂

Ten ‘Notorius’ Swansea Pubs on 16:52 - Aug 27 with 11098 viewsCatullus

Ten ‘Notorius’ Swansea Pubs on 16:42 - Aug 27 by bonymine

Played Sunday League football at the ‘Fowler’ never had to duck to avoid pint glasses being thrown at me anywhere else in the League ....😂😂

Ahh sunday league in the 80's, fighting on the pitch then everyone out in the night and often more fighting. Visiting some of those pubs was a cultural experience never to be forgotten but I never went to Dora's, the Cadle or the Cuba. Wildfowler by name, wild and foulers by nature

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Ten ‘Notorius’ Swansea Pubs on 17:13 - Aug 27 with 11008 viewsbonymine

Ten ‘Notorius’ Swansea Pubs on 16:52 - Aug 27 by Catullus

Ahh sunday league in the 80's, fighting on the pitch then everyone out in the night and often more fighting. Visiting some of those pubs was a cultural experience never to be forgotten but I never went to Dora's, the Cadle or the Cuba. Wildfowler by name, wild and foulers by nature

Sunday night was Martha’s or Shades (the old Prince of Wales) as it was then out on the Kingsway it was a great night out 👍🍻

Ten ‘Notorius’ Swansea Pubs on 17:22 - Aug 27 with 10948 viewsoldcob

Ten ‘Notorius’ Swansea Pubs on 17:13 - Aug 27 by bonymine

Sunday night was Martha’s or Shades (the old Prince of Wales) as it was then out on the Kingsway it was a great night out 👍🍻

Anyone any news on the Dublin? Played football against them mid 60's when I had a couple of games in the Swansea League. Different to say the least. At least half were p1ssed.
Ten ‘Notorius’ Swansea Pubs on 17:27 - Aug 27 with 10919 viewsbonymine

Ten ‘Notorius’ Swansea Pubs on 17:22 - Aug 27 by oldcob

Anyone any news on the Dublin? Played football against them mid 60's when I had a couple of games in the Swansea League. Different to say the least. At least half were p1ssed.

The Dublin in the Hafod was turned into a convenience store I think but not sure what’s there now ?

Login to get fewer ads

(No subject) (n/t) on 18:45 - Aug 27 with 10715 viewsGlyn1

[Post edited 27 Aug 2018 18:47]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Ten ‘Notorius’ Swansea Pubs on 18:46 - Aug 27 with 10699 views34dfgdf54

Slightly off subject. Went into the Cross Keys before game Saturday, as we were walking across the lane to get entrance, “if you’re Bristol you better f*ck off”

Nice welcome, some nasty looking f*ckers in there
Ten ‘Notorius’ Swansea Pubs on 18:54 - Aug 27 with 10672 viewsbuilthjack

I remember walking into the club up Townhill in the 80s for the first time.
It was like "there's a stranger in town" with 100 pairs of eyes on me.
Silence.
Then Billy Lerwell and his old man said "He's ok". I had given them a lift a week or so earlier when they were broken down in Clydach.
The boxing gloves may have come out otherwise.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Ten ‘Notorius’ Swansea Pubs on 19:15 - Aug 27 with 10581 viewspencoedjack

Ten ‘Notorius’ Swansea Pubs on 18:46 - Aug 27 by 34dfgdf54

Slightly off subject. Went into the Cross Keys before game Saturday, as we were walking across the lane to get entrance, “if you’re Bristol you better f*ck off”

I had the same Risca

Shame I didn’t know you were in there I’d of bought you a pint
Ten ‘Notorius’ Swansea Pubs on 19:30 - Aug 27 with 10520 viewscrix

no morriston pubs lol! if the albert didnt make the list then the list is not worth taking any notice of, clearly written by someone who has never stepped foot inside any of the pubs in swansea and surrounding areas.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2018 19:34]
Ten ‘Notorius’ Swansea Pubs on 19:31 - Aug 27 with 10516 views34dfgdf54

Ten ‘Notorius’ Swansea Pubs on 19:15 - Aug 27 by pencoedjack

I had the same Risca

Shame I didn’t know you were in there I’d of bought you a pint

Cheap as chips there, think I’ll be there more often.

Will get the beers in if you’re ever about.
Ten ‘Notorius’ Swansea Pubs on 19:44 - Aug 27 with 10458 viewsjack2jack

Ten ‘Notorius’ Swansea Pubs on 17:13 - Aug 27 by bonymine

Shades was my first port of call on the weekends Friday Saturday and Sunday,Sunday evening used to be packed out,loved the place,happy days.👍
Not notorious for dust ups and the like, just good clean fun.
Ten ‘Notorius’ Swansea Pubs on 19:50 - Aug 27 with 10434 viewspencoedjack

Ten ‘Notorius’ Swansea Pubs on 19:44 - Aug 27 by jack2jack

Shades was my first port of call on the weekends Friday Saturday and Sunday,Sunday evening used to be packed out,loved the place,happy days.👍
Not notorious for dust ups and the like, just good clean fun.

Shades later become a £1 bar at the bottom end of the kings way or was previously Martha’s ?

Mind me asking how old you are Jack2 ?
Ten ‘Notorius’ Swansea Pubs on 20:11 - Aug 27 with 10384 viewsFireboy2

Ten ‘Notorius’ Swansea Pubs on 18:46 - Aug 27 by 34dfgdf54

Took my missus in there when i brought her to swansea for the first time a few years ago

A nice sunny weds afternoon in june when two women started kicking off with each other,glass and hair everywhere

You should have seen the missus' face
Ten ‘Notorius’ Swansea Pubs on 20:19 - Aug 27 with 10350 viewscontroversial_jack

I remember the big fight between the locals and the Pikeys in the rising sun, must have been 82, I wasn't there, but I heard it was very nasty indeed.
Ten ‘Notorius’ Swansea Pubs on 20:31 - Aug 27 with 10308 viewsexiledclaseboy

It was the Cadle Mill, not the Cadle Inn. Wasn’t it?

Poll: Tory leader

Ten ‘Notorius’ Swansea Pubs on 20:35 - Aug 27 with 10274 viewsjacktar

Visited most on the list over many years.
The Tenby was my local for years, firstly when Edgar Guy was landlord (in my under age days) and then for years when Phil Davies ran the place. Good watering hole despite the association with drugs and scrumpy. Never had any trouble there and very rarely saw any. I still see many of the old faces from those days in the Brunswick and other pubs in the area.

Good memories.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

Ten ‘Notorius’ Swansea Pubs on 20:39 - Aug 27 with 10247 viewsjacktar

Ten ‘Notorius’ Swansea Pubs on 20:31 - Aug 27 by exiledclaseboy

It was the Cadle Mill, not the Cadle Inn. Wasn’t it?

It was indeed.
I was always a bit nervous when I was in there with a mate of mine, even though he was a regular.

Ten ‘Notorius’ Swansea Pubs on 20:40 - Aug 27 with 10236 viewsjack2jack

Ten ‘Notorius’ Swansea Pubs on 19:50 - Aug 27 by pencoedjack

Shades later become a £1 bar at the bottom end of the kings way or was previously Martha’s ?

Mind me asking how old you are Jack2 ?

Don't mind at all PCJ, let's just say I'm the wrong side of 50.
I'm talking about Shades back in the early 80's, great place back then, it was near the old Roundabout, Martha's was on the other side, now demolished.Shame really.
Mrs J2J was down in Wind Street on Saturday,she said Town is not the same anymore.The only club as such is Fiction AFAIK.
Ten ‘Notorius’ Swansea Pubs on 20:44 - Aug 27 with 10225 viewscmajack

No jimmy wildes? Very savoury place.
Ten ‘Notorius’ Swansea Pubs on 20:49 - Aug 27 with 10211 viewsjacktar

Ten ‘Notorius’ Swansea Pubs on 20:40 - Aug 27 by jack2jack

Don't mind at all PCJ, let's just say I'm the wrong side of 50.
I'm talking about Shades back in the early 80's, great place back then, it was near the old Roundabout, Martha's was on the other side, now demolished.Shame really.
Mrs J2J was down in Wind Street on Saturday,she said Town is not the same anymore.The only club as such is Fiction AFAIK.

You're right J2J, Martha's Vineyard was swallowed up into what is now Gwalia Housing building. Had some good nights there, though those stairs were a bit of a bugger when you'd had a few.

Ten ‘Notorius’ Swansea Pubs on 20:59 - Aug 27 with 10168 viewsjacktar

Ten ‘Notorius’ Swansea Pubs on 20:44 - Aug 27 by cmajack

No jimmy wildes? Very savoury place.

How could they miss Jimmy's FFS.
Sitting on beer barrels and often wading through inches of p1ss when you went to the bog.
At least it was somewhere to go when the pubs closed between 3.30 and 5.30.
Didn't frequent the place but God there were some stars in there. Not least Jimmy himself.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024