Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
USA Palestine aid 11:26 - Sep 1 with 5861 viewsLoyal

Stick that in your pipe ( bomb)
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45377336

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

USA Palestine aid on 11:49 - Sep 1 with 3428 viewsadamswan

As long as the Palestinian people keep voting for, and the majority of the West, keep legitimising terrorist Governments then this is the response many others should be taking. No matter how much whataboutery or Jewish “conspiracies” will be thrown at this, when the elected government of Palestine has it in their charter to eliminate Israel and the Jewish people, I’m not sure what other action could be taken.
USA Palestine aid on 11:58 - Sep 1 with 3418 viewsCatullus

USA Palestine aid on 11:49 - Sep 1 by adamswan

As long as the Palestinian people keep voting for, and the majority of the West, keep legitimising terrorist Governments then this is the response many others should be taking. No matter how much whataboutery or Jewish “conspiracies” will be thrown at this, when the elected government of Palestine has it in their charter to eliminate Israel and the Jewish people, I’m not sure what other action could be taken.

I think the unfortunate truth is there won't be peace in that part of the world unless or until one faction is eliminated or Israel is moved lock stock and smoking barrel to somewhere else. The latter will only move the problem though.
I doubt there will ever be a workable solution. Palestine is always held up as a place under siege, a place where there's poverty and hunger and Israel is always blamed yet there always seems to be money for weapons, the same as many other governments, death and destruction is always more worthy an aim than finding a peaceful solution.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

USA Palestine aid on 14:14 - Sep 1 with 3338 viewsBrynmill_Jack

As long as the US government keeps supplying one side with ten's of billion dollars in military "aid" there will never be peace in the region.

Charters are a thing for the powerless. The Israelis don't need charters - they just keep killing Palestinians .

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

USA Palestine aid on 15:25 - Sep 1 with 3293 viewsLoyal

And Russia supplying Palestinians.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

USA Palestine aid on 16:47 - Sep 1 with 3231 viewsShaky

Oped from the Israeli oppositionL
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Israelis shouldn't celebrate the Trump administration's decision to slash funds for the Palestinians. It's a radicalizing gift for terrorists - and a ticking time bomb for Israel's security
By Peter Lerner

Haaratz, 26.08.2018 | 16:08

"I believe in spending what you have to. But I also believe in not spending more than you should."
Donald Trump, The Art of the Deal

Over the weekend two indicators of the Trump Doctrine for the Middle East emerged.

The first was an announcement from the U.S. Department of State that $200 million earmarked for the aid for the Palestinians will be "redirected" from the West Bank and Gaza and be spent in accordance with U.S. national interests. USAID has been involved in developing Palestinian agriculture and infrastructure development - roads, and water supply and treatment.

The second, a leaked report that the Trump administration will announce at the beginning of September 2018 that it will cut its financial support for the operations of the UN’s Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA) in the West Bank. The beneficiaries of these operations include include 809,738 registered refugees, 19 refugee camps, 96 schools with 48,956 pupils, two vocational and technical training centers, 43 primary health centers, 15 community rehabilitation centers and 19 women’s program centers.

Also, the U.S. is expected to suggest a new definition of "Palestinian refugee" status to streamline the criteria and coincide with the definition used for other refugees worldwide by the UN High Commissioner for Refugees.

The leak also suggested that the Trump administration will encourage Israel to review its agreements regarding UN operations in the West Bank so that Arab states don't step in to fund and perpetuate the current refuge definition and status.

Many in Israel are celebrating these policies. Trump's redirection of U.S. policy converges with the ongoing frustration of many Israelis that blind American financial support for the Palestinian Authority has severe repercussions. They welcome the declaration that aid must be linked to progress towards a peace process, accountability for ongoing Palestinian incitement, and the cessation of monthly wages for terrorists and their families.

Indeed, the Trump Doctrine is heavily dependent on reciprocation. Just as with the demands he's made from China, Mexico and Europe, Trump's message to the Palestinians is clear: the U.S. gives the Palestinians huge amounts of money annually, and the Palestinians do little to justify that ongoing financial support. For that aid to continue, the expectation is that the Palestinians Authority will come to the table, and seek to close the "deal of the century."

Trump's business mentality informs his policy. He wants value for money - a quid pro quo for U.S. funding from the Palestinians. But his business equation is incomplete: it's an inadequate way of thinking in terms of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

There are critical inputs he doesn't include - human and humanitarian needs — and a dangerous consequence he doesn't factor in either: the detrimental effect on Israel's security.

In the West Bank, by contrast, while the economic and security situation is far from rosy, it is staying afloat; security is reasonably stable, the intifada-era suicide bombings are a distant memory, and Palestinians there are far more engaged by daily life than with violence.

This drastic improvement can be attributed to the very international aid distributed by USAID, UNRWA and other international organizations that President Trump intends to slash.

All the while, there are attempts to undermine that security by radical Palestinian and Islamist elements. The IDF combats those attempts on a daily basis - and the Palestinian security forces combat them too.

The question is: will this doctrine bring peace, or will more, and potentially escalated, violence prevail? After all, in our region, poverty has been a breeding ground for radical recruitment, violence, and terrorism.

Who stands to gain from the bankruptcy and demise of the Palestinian Authority in the West Bank? A leadership vacuum will always be filled. And it's Hamas in Gaza and other one-staters — who have no vision of coexistence alongside Israel — who will rush to fill that vacuum.

When the Palestinian Authority collapses, who is likely to pick up the pieces? Israel? Israel has no interest in the international, financial or security burden of re-enforcing a civil-military administration over Gaza. Hamas? Hamas would love to gain full control and solidify its power over the West Bank.

I would suggest the Trump White House pause to consider a much more strategic attitude towards the conflict, a roadmap that uses aid not as blackmail, not as a rushed dictation of terms, but to build an infrastructure for a Palestinian civilian life worth living, and a peace process worth engaging in.

While it is Trump's prerogative to pick and choose whom to support, and how to support them, the ramifications of these abrupt steps will only empower the radicals. The deal of the century can't be made with Israel alone, and hardballing the Palestinian into submission is likely to blow up on Israel’s doorstep.

Lieutenant Colonel (ret.) Peter Lerner is a crisis communications consultant. He served for 25 years in the IDF as a spokesperson and a liaison officer to international organizations in the West Bank and Gaza Strip.

https://www.haaretz.com/amp/middle-east-news/.premium-trump-s-hardball-palestini

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

USA Palestine aid on 20:13 - Sep 1 with 3156 viewscontroversial_jack

USA Palestine aid on 15:25 - Sep 1 by Loyal

And Russia supplying Palestinians.

Shame on them for attempting to defend themselves
USA Palestine aid on 00:05 - Sep 2 with 3077 viewsEbo

You are facking deluded. If aid stops then these people starve.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

USA Palestine aid on 07:48 - Sep 2 with 3012 viewsCatullus

USA Palestine aid on 14:14 - Sep 1 by Brynmill_Jack

As long as the US government keeps supplying one side with ten's of billion dollars in military "aid" there will never be peace in the region.

Charters are a thing for the powerless. The Israelis don't need charters - they just keep killing Palestinians .

3.8 billion per year until 2026. Meanwhile Russia is giving weapons and training to Palestine. The only difference is Putin says he wants to reignite the peace process but the USA and Israel aren't convinced.
It's become a micrcosm of the cold war, both sides rattling sabres and doing more damage, killing more people.
Like I said, no peace there until one side is wiped out. The day that happens is possibly the last day for all of us if the Yanks and Russians are still involved.
Religion eh, killing people for no good reason since time began, or even before that.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Login to get fewer ads

USA Palestine aid on 09:34 - Sep 2 with 2960 viewsLoyal

USA Palestine aid on 20:13 - Sep 1 by controversial_jack

Shame on them for attempting to defend themselves

People are allegedly going to starve but there's room for weapons.

USA Palestine aid on 09:44 - Sep 2 with 2944 viewsLord_Bony

USA Palestine aid on 14:14 - Sep 1 by Brynmill_Jack

This.

Hypocritical US foreign policy punishes the Palestinians (as if they don't get enough from Israel. )

In the meantime it continues to fund Israel a conservative 3 BILLION DOLLARS a year (because politicians palms are greased in Washington)while some of its own citizens continue to live in abject poverty and ill health who cannot afford to be treated.

Makes me sick quite frankly.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

USA Palestine aid on 11:24 - Sep 2 with 2898 viewsadamswan

I’m deluded? Do you think the terrorist origination in control of Palestine puts as much effort into feeding their people as they do in trying to wipe out the Jewish people? I think not.

It’s so easy to point the finger at the US/Israel. Who do you think is safer or more likely to be accepted and live peacefully, a Palestinian in Israel or an Israeli in Palestine- I think we both know the answer, and that should give out a clue as to which side is more inclined towards a peaceful outcome.
USA Palestine aid on 11:56 - Sep 2 with 2891 viewspikeypaul

Don’t worry guys if Corbyn gets in next election I am sure he will send our taxes directly to his beloved Palestinians to replace the charity that Trump is putting an end to.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

USA Palestine aid on 12:22 - Sep 2 with 2876 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

USA Palestine aid on 11:56 - Sep 2 by pikeypaul

Don’t worry guys if Corbyn gets in next election I am sure he will send our taxes directly to his beloved Palestinians to replace the charity that Trump is putting an end to.

When he gets in ,when

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

USA Palestine aid on 12:51 - Sep 2 with 2856 viewspikeypaul

Well the bookmakers disagree with you.

If you are so sure why do you not go and put your dole money on it.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧

USA Palestine aid on 13:00 - Sep 2 with 2851 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

USA Palestine aid on 12:51 - Sep 2 by pikeypaul

Well the bookmakers disagree with you.

If you are so sure why do you not go and put your dole money on it.

Nah I use that for my holidays

Thanks for the donation 👍🏻

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

USA Palestine aid on 13:31 - Sep 2 with 2828 viewsCatullus

USA Palestine aid on 12:22 - Sep 2 by oh_tommy_tommy

When he gets in ,when

When? Maybe if Boris ousts TM he will finally manage it. Unless his party is split asunder first of course.
On the other hand Corbyn could be the reason the Tories will form the government for decades to come, if Labour split who will challenge them?
Gordon Brown weighed in today with a veiled dig at Corbyn. Jon Lansman is keeping Corbyn in place, ironically, Lansman being Jewish (but apparently has well known Anti-Semitic friends) it hasn'r spoiled his relationship with Corbyn.....or JC superstar as Momentum think of him.

USA Palestine aid on 13:35 - Sep 2 with 2825 viewspikeypaul

Corbyn is the very reason Labour will not get in.

Get rid of him and they have a chance.

USA Palestine aid on 13:51 - Sep 2 with 2809 viewsCatullus

USA Palestine aid on 13:35 - Sep 2 by pikeypaul

Corbyn is the very reason Labour will not get in.

Get rid of him and they have a chance.

Well I agree but looking a bit deeper, even if Corbyn resigns/retires, who will take over. I'd say Labour will split unless Momentum is taken down. The centrist Labour people and the hard left Labour won't work together, all this arguing shows that.
Something puzzling me is how so many young people support Corbyn yet slag off the oldies for "taking their future away" because if Corbyn gets into No10 their immediate future will be but once he's spent all the money, increasing the debt massively and run up another huge deficit it'll take god knows how many generations to pay it down.
Not to forget that Corbyn is an oldie himself.

USA Palestine aid on 14:18 - Sep 2 with 2792 viewsLoyal

USA Palestine aid on 13:51 - Sep 2 by Catullus

Well I agree but looking a bit deeper, even if Corbyn resigns/retires, who will take over. I'd say Labour will split unless Momentum is taken down. The centrist Labour people and the hard left Labour won't work together, all this arguing shows that.
Something puzzling me is how so many young people support Corbyn yet slag off the oldies for "taking their future away" because if Corbyn gets into No10 their immediate future will be but once he's spent all the money, increasing the debt massively and run up another huge deficit it'll take god knows how many generations to pay it down.
Not to forget that Corbyn is an oldie himself.

Corbyn turns up at Glastonbury ready made crowd.
Tried it 2 weeks later, no ready made crowd, 130 turned up. He is the Cardiff City of politics.

USA Palestine aid on 14:23 - Sep 2 with 2785 viewscontroversial_jack

USA Palestine aid on 09:34 - Sep 2 by Loyal

People are allegedly going to starve but there's room for weapons.

You think only one side should have weapons and be able to defend themselves?
USA Palestine aid on 18:24 - Sep 2 with 2737 viewsperplex

USA Palestine aid on 16:47 - Sep 1 by Shaky

Oped from the Israeli oppositionL
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Israelis shouldn't celebrate the Trump administration's decision to slash funds for the Palestinians. It's a radicalizing gift for terrorists - and a ticking time bomb for Israel's security
By Peter Lerner

Haaratz, 26.08.2018 | 16:08

"I believe in spending what you have to. But I also believe in not spending more than you should."
Donald Trump, The Art of the Deal

Over the weekend two indicators of the Trump Doctrine for the Middle East emerged.

The first was an announcement from the U.S. Department of State that $200 million earmarked for the aid for the Palestinians will be "redirected" from the West Bank and Gaza and be spent in accordance with U.S. national interests. USAID has been involved in developing Palestinian agriculture and infrastructure development - roads, and water supply and treatment.

The second, a leaked report that the Trump administration will announce at the beginning of September 2018 that it will cut its financial support for the operations of the UN’s Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA) in the West Bank. The beneficiaries of these operations include include 809,738 registered refugees, 19 refugee camps, 96 schools with 48,956 pupils, two vocational and technical training centers, 43 primary health centers, 15 community rehabilitation centers and 19 women’s program centers.

Also, the U.S. is expected to suggest a new definition of "Palestinian refugee" status to streamline the criteria and coincide with the definition used for other refugees worldwide by the UN High Commissioner for Refugees.

The leak also suggested that the Trump administration will encourage Israel to review its agreements regarding UN operations in the West Bank so that Arab states don't step in to fund and perpetuate the current refuge definition and status.

Many in Israel are celebrating these policies. Trump's redirection of U.S. policy converges with the ongoing frustration of many Israelis that blind American financial support for the Palestinian Authority has severe repercussions. They welcome the declaration that aid must be linked to progress towards a peace process, accountability for ongoing Palestinian incitement, and the cessation of monthly wages for terrorists and their families.

Indeed, the Trump Doctrine is heavily dependent on reciprocation. Just as with the demands he's made from China, Mexico and Europe, Trump's message to the Palestinians is clear: the U.S. gives the Palestinians huge amounts of money annually, and the Palestinians do little to justify that ongoing financial support. For that aid to continue, the expectation is that the Palestinians Authority will come to the table, and seek to close the "deal of the century."

Trump's business mentality informs his policy. He wants value for money - a quid pro quo for U.S. funding from the Palestinians. But his business equation is incomplete: it's an inadequate way of thinking in terms of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

There are critical inputs he doesn't include - human and humanitarian needs — and a dangerous consequence he doesn't factor in either: the detrimental effect on Israel's security.

In the West Bank, by contrast, while the economic and security situation is far from rosy, it is staying afloat; security is reasonably stable, the intifada-era suicide bombings are a distant memory, and Palestinians there are far more engaged by daily life than with violence.

This drastic improvement can be attributed to the very international aid distributed by USAID, UNRWA and other international organizations that President Trump intends to slash.

All the while, there are attempts to undermine that security by radical Palestinian and Islamist elements. The IDF combats those attempts on a daily basis - and the Palestinian security forces combat them too.

The question is: will this doctrine bring peace, or will more, and potentially escalated, violence prevail? After all, in our region, poverty has been a breeding ground for radical recruitment, violence, and terrorism.

Who stands to gain from the bankruptcy and demise of the Palestinian Authority in the West Bank? A leadership vacuum will always be filled. And it's Hamas in Gaza and other one-staters — who have no vision of coexistence alongside Israel — who will rush to fill that vacuum.

When the Palestinian Authority collapses, who is likely to pick up the pieces? Israel? Israel has no interest in the international, financial or security burden of re-enforcing a civil-military administration over Gaza. Hamas? Hamas would love to gain full control and solidify its power over the West Bank.

I would suggest the Trump White House pause to consider a much more strategic attitude towards the conflict, a roadmap that uses aid not as blackmail, not as a rushed dictation of terms, but to build an infrastructure for a Palestinian civilian life worth living, and a peace process worth engaging in.

While it is Trump's prerogative to pick and choose whom to support, and how to support them, the ramifications of these abrupt steps will only empower the radicals. The deal of the century can't be made with Israel alone, and hardballing the Palestinian into submission is likely to blow up on Israel’s doorstep.

Lieutenant Colonel (ret.) Peter Lerner is a crisis communications consultant. He served for 25 years in the IDF as a spokesperson and a liaison officer to international organizations in the West Bank and Gaza Strip.

https://www.haaretz.com/amp/middle-east-news/.premium-trump-s-hardball-palestini

Stop searching the internet for these long drawn out statements you attention seeking borefest.
USA Palestine aid on 18:32 - Sep 2 with 2730 viewsperplex

USA Palestine aid on 00:05 - Sep 2 by Ebo

You are facking deluded. If aid stops then these people starve.

The only way out of this conflict is if there terrorist leaders are voted out and the new party are prepared to adhere to what the Israel and the USA want, ok it will be a bitter pill to swallow but no doubt Israel and the USA will make sure the quality of life for the Palestinians will improve ten fold, it`s the only way as thing`s will just get worse for there people if there leaders keep to there current agenda, Israel and the USA are to powerful and that`s the harsh reality.
USA Palestine aid on 21:13 - Sep 2 with 2697 viewsphact0rri

USA Palestine aid on 18:32 - Sep 2 by perplex

The only way out of this conflict is if there terrorist leaders are voted out and the new party are prepared to adhere to what the Israel and the USA want, ok it will be a bitter pill to swallow but no doubt Israel and the USA will make sure the quality of life for the Palestinians will improve ten fold, it`s the only way as thing`s will just get worse for there people if there leaders keep to there current agenda, Israel and the USA are to powerful and that`s the harsh reality.

Which one has the terrorist organization? Netanyahu's resigme has committed countless war crimes. Hamas has committed war crimes. The truth is, its only going to get worse.

There was a commitment when this the two state solution was originally worked out. this needs be policed. and the world needs to quit sitting back and allowing people to die because they feel like it isn't their problem. the US, and UK are responsible for this travesty.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

USA Palestine aid on 09:43 - Sep 3 with 2615 viewsCatullus

USA Palestine aid on 14:23 - Sep 2 by controversial_jack

You think only one side should have weapons and be able to defend themselves?

Well no but if one side spent less on weapons and more on feeding it's people it wouldn't have the means to threaten Israel who, in turn, would have no reason to be so aggressive. Kids are starving and Hamas blames Israel so launches yet another attack costing thousands that could easily have fed the kids.....it's a death spiral.

USA Palestine aid on 11:08 - Sep 3 with 2590 viewsperplex

USA Palestine aid on 21:13 - Sep 2 by phact0rri

Which one has the terrorist organization? Netanyahu's resigme has committed countless war crimes. Hamas has committed war crimes. The truth is, its only going to get worse.

There was a commitment when this the two state solution was originally worked out. this needs be policed. and the world needs to quit sitting back and allowing people to die because they feel like it isn't their problem. the US, and UK are responsible for this travesty.

You still don't get it, it does not matter about your views or what the world thinks or who is to blame it`s what the American and Israelis want, and rightly or wrongly the Palestine people will suffer and as is being proven nothing will or can be done about it, so the only solution to a better life is to go along with what these two countries want, and it will then be those two countries who will happily provide the means for the Palestine people to have a much better quality of life.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024