Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
38m profit 19:07 - Sep 1 with 11619 viewsmagicdaps10

Over 700k a week plus other revenue from this season.

What a bunch of robbing gits, wont be long before it goes national to our greedy barsteward owners and the sell outs.

They will be pushed against the wall in no time, results keep going this way and the eyes will be firmly on them.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

38m profit on 18:15 - Sep 4 with 832 viewsjasper_T

Document on Companies House looks like they've sold the first two years of parachute payments to Barclays in exchange for an upfront cash payment.
38m profit on 21:07 - Sep 4 with 781 viewsbyron

38m profit on 18:15 - Sep 4 by jasper_T

Document on Companies House looks like they've sold the first two years of parachute payments to Barclays in exchange for an upfront cash payment.

Really? That’s a worry

Benny

38m profit on 21:10 - Sep 4 with 774 viewsMoscowJack

Jesus....is that true? JEEEESUS !!!!

We're more screwed than I thought if that's true. I understand that they need to work the system to stay afloat or balance the books, but robbing off Peter (at a cost) is going to cost us HUGE next season when we've spent next year's TV money.

Maybe it's me being naive now.....maybe we've always done it, but it stinks of desperation to me.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

38m profit on 21:14 - Sep 4 with 761 viewsMoscowJack

38m profit on 16:50 - Sep 4 by TheResurrection

Sorry but until things are sorted with the Trust I don't want investment from them. I'm happy with the Club itself paying its own way, which is what we've always done and are doing now.

That does make sense and in the past I probably would have been happy to go along with it but the Yanks have let me/us down so many times that I've gone past the stage of just smelling a rat.

I am literally fearing the worst now and would rather be proved wrong than sit back and just watch it happen.

38m profit on 21:14 - Sep 4 with 756 viewsjasper_T

The values of the deal don't appear on the paperwork, so it could just be a percentage of the payments, idk. But it's a deal between the club, Barclays and the Premier League transferring payments for this season and those received in July 2019.

At least banks will still deal with us...
38m profit on 21:17 - Sep 4 with 744 viewslonglostjack

Upfront cash payment for what? We’re now talking about a transfer surplus and up front cash payment on two years parachute money not even one ?!!

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

38m profit on 21:19 - Sep 4 with 732 viewsMoscowJack

38m profit on 21:14 - Sep 4 by jasper_T

The values of the deal don't appear on the paperwork, so it could just be a percentage of the payments, idk. But it's a deal between the club, Barclays and the Premier League transferring payments for this season and those received in July 2019.

Could it just be an advance on the first installment of the parachute money?

38m profit on 21:19 - Sep 4 with 729 views_

We do it every year but some want to shout JESUSSSS?

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Login to get fewer ads

38m profit on 21:20 - Sep 4 with 723 viewsGeoffThom

😳😳😳 this really worries me now ,can anyone expand on this??
38m profit on 21:22 - Sep 4 with 720 viewslonglostjack

38m profit on 21:19 - Sep 4 by _

What? Two years payments? But I see Jasper has just backtracked.

38m profit on 21:22 - Sep 4 with 717 viewsFlashberryjack

38m profit on 21:14 - Sep 4 by MoscowJack

That does make sense and in the past I probably would have been happy to go along with it but the Yanks have let me/us down so many times that I've gone past the stage of just smelling a rat.

I am literally fearing the worst now and would rather be proved wrong than sit back and just watch it happen.

I think you could be right to fear the worst, I certainly do, especially if this is true.

So if we've borrowed money on the strength of next years parachute payments, it must already be all gone, if what Dineen said last week is true.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

38m profit on 21:22 - Sep 4 with 712 viewsjasper_T

I thought it interesting in light of their comments about loaning the club their own money, and Shaky's conclusion that banks wouldn't deal with us any more.

You're right that we did the same last year, though (and presumably the years before that).

The two year thing seemed strange but maybe I read it wrong.
38m profit on 21:23 - Sep 4 with 708 viewsKrisP

38m profit on 21:14 - Sep 4 by jasper_T

I'm surprised the Premier League would sanction that. I thought there were restrictions on them?
38m profit on 21:23 - Sep 4 with 707 viewsMoscowJack

Chill, Chris.....let's not argue even if we do disagree with each other.

We don't mortgage two years of future parachute payments every year, as you said, as we've never been in this position before. As far as I know (and I definitely could be wrong) we mainly just mortgage future transfer fees coming in. As I asked earlier, maybe it's standard practice but I would be shocked if it was.

38m profit on 21:23 - Sep 4 with 704 views_

FFS look at you all. Over the moon with joy at this routine news

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

38m profit on 21:24 - Sep 4 with 696 viewslonglostjack

38m profit on 21:23 - Sep 4 by KrisP

I'm surprised the Premier League would sanction that. I thought there were restrictions on them?

Good point.

38m profit on 21:26 - Sep 4 with 684 views_

38m profit on 21:22 - Sep 4 by jasper_T

I thought it interesting in light of their comments about loaning the club their own money, and Shaky's conclusion that banks wouldn't deal with us any more.

You're right that we did the same last year, though (and presumably the years before that).

The two year thing seemed strange but maybe I read it wrong.

It's typically difficult to understand but I read it as 1 years up front plus next July's instalment, to cover wages in the off season, cashflow and transfers.

38m profit on 21:27 - Sep 4 with 684 viewsMoscowJack

38m profit on 21:24 - Sep 4 by longlostjack

Good point.

I know it's a different league but wasn't this what got Rangers done in Scotland? Maybe rules have changed nowadays as I'm sure it's totally legal but it's very worrying if true.

I hope Phil or someone from the Trust could clarify or look into this. I'm guessing (again) but wouldn't Stu Mac have known if something like this has happened?

38m profit on 21:28 - Sep 4 with 674 views_

38m profit on 21:23 - Sep 4 by MoscowJack

Chill, Chris.....let's not argue even if we do disagree with each other.

We don't mortgage two years of future parachute payments every year, as you said, as we've never been in this position before. As far as I know (and I definitely could be wrong) we mainly just mortgage future transfer fees coming in. As I asked earlier, maybe it's standard practice but I would be shocked if it was.

Nick, read the last few posts, it's not me that needs to chill mate.

You are wrong on the second part.

38m profit on 21:29 - Sep 4 with 672 viewsMoscowJack

38m profit on 21:28 - Sep 4 by _

Nick, read the last few posts, it's not me that needs to chill mate.

You are wrong on the second part.

Ok, let's agree to disagree then....it wouldn't be the first time ;)

38m profit on 21:30 - Sep 4 with 666 views_

38m profit on 21:27 - Sep 4 by MoscowJack

I know it's a different league but wasn't this what got Rangers done in Scotland? Maybe rules have changed nowadays as I'm sure it's totally legal but it's very worrying if true.

I hope Phil or someone from the Trust could clarify or look into this. I'm guessing (again) but wouldn't Stu Mac have known if something like this has happened?

Nick, how many times, this is routine for SCFC

38m profit on 21:30 - Sep 4 with 667 viewsKrisP

38m profit on 21:27 - Sep 4 by MoscowJack

No. They avoided millions in various taxes through the dodgy way they paid their players.
38m profit on 21:32 - Sep 4 with 663 viewsjasper_T

38m profit on 21:26 - Sep 4 by _

It's typically difficult to understand but I read it as 1 years up front plus next July's instalment, to cover wages in the off season, cashflow and transfers.

I don't know how the PL money is normally structured but forfeiting all payments "from the Premier League for... the 2019/2020 season with are due to be paid in July 2019" set me to a panic. Surely we're due more that month should we get promoted!
38m profit on 21:32 - Sep 4 with 662 viewslonglostjack

38m profit on 21:23 - Sep 4 by _

FFS look at you all. Over the moon with joy at this routine news

I don’t get you. One minute you’re berating the Trust for being weak and ineffective - the next minute you’re berating posters for being pleasure seeking scaremongers for checking out loan agreements at Companies House. Bizarre.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2018 22:16]

38m profit on 21:35 - Sep 4 with 642 views_

38m profit on 21:29 - Sep 4 by MoscowJack

Ok, let's agree to disagree then....it wouldn't be the first time ;)

Have a look through the filings and go back over the last few years and have the grace to apologise

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/00123414/filing-history?page=1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024