Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Statement from The Moneysnatchers in Washington. 21:46 - Sep 3 with 9645 viewsjackrmee

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-city-owners-n

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/full-transcript-washi

1) "Swansea City's majority shareholders did not sanction the signing of Ryan Woods during the summer transfer window due to reservations over whether he was the right fit for the club."
*So it seems they don't trust GP to be able to know what players he needs?

2) "I think it is pretty clear Huw has changed his role this summer and we have brought someone like Kyle in to make our recruitment stronger and we have changed our strategy and personnel."
*So they bring in Kyle with GP, but don't listen to anything he says?

[Post edited 3 Sep 2018 21:55]

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Statement from The Moneysnatchers in Washington. on 23:06 - Sep 3 with 1863 viewsEasternJack

If Ryan woods is worth £6-7M his name would’ve be first on the Brentford team sheet.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2018 23:07]

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Statement from The Moneysnatchers in Washington. on 23:11 - Sep 3 with 1857 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Statement from The Moneysnatchers in Washington. on 23:02 - Sep 3 by _

Well that's ridiculous as there's nothing in that interview that doesn't just sum things up precisely.

It's fair and open and has given us an insight into their plans for the Club

Seriously, fans just want to make an issue over anything.

I think it confirms the club was sold to people who by their own admission will not put money in. They'll make a few short term loans to help cashflow for a price that they'll not name.
A club sold for purely personal gain, financially hamstrung by poor decision making and now controlled from over the Atlantic.
On the pitch I'm right behind Potter and the boys, off the pitch it stinks.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Statement from The Moneysnatchers in Washington. on 23:24 - Sep 3 with 1820 viewsjasper_T

Statement from The Moneysnatchers in Washington. on 22:53 - Sep 3 by jackrmee

Aye, they wanted rid of Narsingh, Routs and Dyer, hence why they haven't played I think.
Probably go in January along with Bony and get some more youngsters in

We can only hope.
Statement from The Moneysnatchers in Washington. on 23:24 - Sep 3 with 1820 viewsEasternJack

Statement from The Moneysnatchers in Washington. on 23:11 - Sep 3 by JACKMANANDBOY

I think it confirms the club was sold to people who by their own admission will not put money in. They'll make a few short term loans to help cashflow for a price that they'll not name.
A club sold for purely personal gain, financially hamstrung by poor decision making and now controlled from over the Atlantic.
On the pitch I'm right behind Potter and the boys, off the pitch it stinks.

It’s crazy ‘innit.

Why can’t we just have an owner that is willing to spend all their personal money on everything that the fans want without expecting any input or financial return for their generosity. There must be hundreds of these type of owners desperate to buy our club... why won’t the miserly Americans step aside?

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Statement from The Moneysnatchers in Washington. on 23:25 - Sep 3 with 1817 viewsSmellyplumz

" hmm 🤔 we've got cash in our hand... Shall we buy another player... Don't be silly put it in my pocket.... But but what shall we tell the manager and fans in order to get away with it... Hmm I know tell them the player wasn't right for the club"

This article from people who promised the next level... Fking hell boys I can't believe y'all falling for this guff.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Statement from The Moneysnatchers in Washington. on 23:28 - Sep 3 with 1806 viewsCroftyjack

Statement from The Moneysnatchers in Washington. on 22:26 - Sep 3 by jackrmee

TBF that is quite a decent interview and they come out sounding rather tidy and talking sense.
Of course, it could well be a piece of sheepskin being draped across my retinas, but who knows?
[Post edited 3 Sep 2018 22:28]

Which part makes them sound tidy!! must have missed it because they aren't really saying anymore than we already know.
They here for the long term because they have us financially at a level they don't need to put money in... and now realise that producing young british based players can be very profitable.
Statement from The Moneysnatchers in Washington. on 23:30 - Sep 3 with 1782 views_

Statement from The Moneysnatchers in Washington. on 23:25 - Sep 3 by Smellyplumz

" hmm 🤔 we've got cash in our hand... Shall we buy another player... Don't be silly put it in my pocket.... But but what shall we tell the manager and fans in order to get away with it... Hmm I know tell them the player wasn't right for the club"

This article from people who promised the next level... Fking hell boys I can't believe y'all falling for this guff.

You can't even read. You didn't 'get' it.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Statement from The Moneysnatchers in Washington. on 23:31 - Sep 3 with 1787 viewsjasper_T

Statement from The Moneysnatchers in Washington. on 23:28 - Sep 3 by Croftyjack

Which part makes them sound tidy!! must have missed it because they aren't really saying anymore than we already know.
They here for the long term because they have us financially at a level they don't need to put money in... and now realise that producing young british based players can be very profitable.

That's the stuff that sounds reasonable to me, yeah. All summer it's seemed like they're playing things very (financially) safe and what they're saying here bears that out.

People really, really want to be mad at them, though, so it's all lies and guff and string 'em up and all that.
Login to get fewer ads

Statement from The Moneysnatchers in Washington. on 23:44 - Sep 3 with 1761 viewsKrisP

Maybe I'll be shown to be extremely naive, but I tend to believe most of what they say there. Most of it seems common sense. If they are indeed planning for the long term I think that's a good thing. Anyone hoping for a sale to a sugar daddy owner with the club at heart was always dreaming.
Statement from The Moneysnatchers in Washington. on 23:59 - Sep 3 with 1741 viewsSmellyplumz

You've got to hand it to the owners... They certainly know how to shit out propaganda to reel the fans back in, petty watch and learn son.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Statement from The Moneysnatchers in Washington. on 04:36 - Sep 4 with 1648 viewsjackrmee

Statement from The Moneysnatchers in Washington. on 23:06 - Sep 3 by EasternJack

If Ryan woods is worth £6-7M his name would’ve be first on the Brentford team sheet.

True

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Statement from The Moneysnatchers in Washington. on 04:45 - Sep 4 with 1644 viewsjackrmee

Maybe...
But they do seem to be being quite honest there. It does make sense and they didn't have to do that interview.
I guess we will see come January, as I'm sure we will have offers for some of our youngsters on lower wages if they keep up the good work. Not sure I believe they'll flog them for simple profit. Especially as they put £6m into Celina and Asoro.
Yes, you can call me naive, but as I've said before, I'd rather cross that bridge when we come to it.

Statement from The Moneysnatchers in Washington. on 06:12 - Sep 4 with 1607 viewsAnotherJohn

If Woods was not quite the right 'fit' to fill our gap in midfield, that gap and vulnerability still exists. The Americans' account does not explain why we then did not loan a midfielder. That option would have been less costly and not involved the same long-term commitment/risk. The hypothesis that seems to me to explain both no Woods and no MF loan is that the decisions were about finance.
Statement from The Moneysnatchers in Washington. on 07:05 - Sep 4 with 1565 viewsawayjack

Statement from The Moneysnatchers in Washington. on 04:45 - Sep 4 by jackrmee

Maybe...
But they do seem to be being quite honest there. It does make sense and they didn't have to do that interview.
I guess we will see come January, as I'm sure we will have offers for some of our youngsters on lower wages if they keep up the good work. Not sure I believe they'll flog them for simple profit. Especially as they put £6m into Celina and Asoro.
Yes, you can call me naive, but as I've said before, I'd rather cross that bridge when we come to it.

Just like the August window, the January will show their true intent. Still people continues to be fooled by yet another load of BS soundbites. As in August they’ll sell any players with value in January. The same PR propaganda will kick in who can blame them as that people still fall for tot shows it’s working. Those on their payroll are doing a good job defending it.
Statement from The Moneysnatchers in Washington. on 07:15 - Sep 4 with 1555 viewssomersetsimon

Statement from The Moneysnatchers in Washington. on 23:31 - Sep 3 by jasper_T

That's the stuff that sounds reasonable to me, yeah. All summer it's seemed like they're playing things very (financially) safe and what they're saying here bears that out.

People really, really want to be mad at them, though, so it's all lies and guff and string 'em up and all that.

If these were new owners and managers who had been brought in at the end of last season, we would all have to commend their actions and common sense. However, it's hard to get over the fact that they put us in this mess to start with!
Statement from The Moneysnatchers in Washington. on 07:26 - Sep 4 with 1535 viewsShaky

How on earth do you come to the conclusion that they don't need to put money in when they are saying exactly the opposite?

<< Have you put any of your own money into the club?

JL: "[Yes] Our own funds and put them into the club for advanced payments we would receive otherwise, but were waiting on. We have done that on multiple occasions and, where appropriate, we will continue to do that >>

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Statement from The Moneysnatchers in Washington. on 07:28 - Sep 4 with 1532 viewsawayjack

Statement from The Moneysnatchers in Washington. on 07:15 - Sep 4 by somersetsimon

If these were new owners and managers who had been brought in at the end of last season, we would all have to commend their actions and common sense. However, it's hard to get over the fact that they put us in this mess to start with!

Yup. In most businesses with a reasonable level of accountability to minority shareholders, the decision-makers that created such a mess would be long gone by now. Somehow it’s being positioned like the Board inherited someone else’s problems rather than being fully responsible for creating them.
Statement from The Moneysnatchers in Washington. on 08:40 - Sep 4 with 1466 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Statement from The Moneysnatchers in Washington. on 23:24 - Sep 3 by EasternJack

It’s crazy ‘innit.

Why can’t we just have an owner that is willing to spend all their personal money on everything that the fans want without expecting any input or financial return for their generosity. There must be hundreds of these type of owners desperate to buy our club... why won’t the miserly Americans step aside?

We could get "some long term fans" to own the club, maybe they could sell it for a resonable personal return say 500% over 10 years allowing funds to flow into the club, they could talk to EVERYONE who is interested and find an owner who is willing to facilitate money going in when times are tight taking a return when things are going well a bit like most businesses.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2018 8:57]

Statement from The Moneysnatchers in Washington. on 09:05 - Sep 4 with 1438 viewsLoyal

Statement from The Moneysnatchers in Washington. on 23:44 - Sep 3 by KrisP

Maybe I'll be shown to be extremely naive, but I tend to believe most of what they say there. Most of it seems common sense. If they are indeed planning for the long term I think that's a good thing. Anyone hoping for a sale to a sugar daddy owner with the club at heart was always dreaming.

Whilst the swans ate 6th it may sound like common sense, if we were bottom it many would agree.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Statement from The Moneysnatchers in Washington. on 11:25 - Sep 4 with 1355 viewsjasper_T

Statement from The Moneysnatchers in Washington. on 07:28 - Sep 4 by awayjack

Yup. In most businesses with a reasonable level of accountability to minority shareholders, the decision-makers that created such a mess would be long gone by now. Somehow it’s being positioned like the Board inherited someone else’s problems rather than being fully responsible for creating them.

Well Huw's role has been marginalised based on that interview. The recruitment process is now Potters man and them. The business side is mostly Pearlman. Huw seems to exist in a sort of gardening leave limbo.

Other than that it's hard to get rid of major decision-makers when they are majority shareholders, no matter how upset the minority ones are.
Statement from The Moneysnatchers in Washington. on 11:41 - Sep 4 with 1334 viewsWarwickHunt

Statement from The Moneysnatchers in Washington. on 23:06 - Sep 3 by EasternJack

Someone tell Gonzo he is - he’ll think he’s signing another goalkeeper...
Statement from The Moneysnatchers in Washington. on 11:42 - Sep 4 with 1329 viewsBarryTownSwam

Statement from The Moneysnatchers in Washington. on 06:12 - Sep 4 by AnotherJohn

If Woods was not quite the right 'fit' to fill our gap in midfield, that gap and vulnerability still exists. The Americans' account does not explain why we then did not loan a midfielder. That option would have been less costly and not involved the same long-term commitment/risk. The hypothesis that seems to me to explain both no Woods and no MF loan is that the decisions were about finance.

Maybe Sean Clare was the alternative Potter had in mind IF the Woods deal didn't go through. And if rumours are to be believed, Clare failed a medical and that left us up shit creak in the central midfield role. Clare still without a club I believe, so failed medical may be a legit rumour.
Statement from The Moneysnatchers in Washington. on 11:54 - Sep 4 with 1312 viewsKrisP

Statement from The Moneysnatchers in Washington. on 09:05 - Sep 4 by Loyal

Whilst the swans ate 6th it may sound like common sense, if we were bottom it many would agree.

We aren't bottom though. Some would still disagree if we were unbeaten at the top. It's gone too far for some of our fans to ever agree with anything they say, common sense or not.
Statement from The Moneysnatchers in Washington. on 12:22 - Sep 4 with 1267 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Statement from The Moneysnatchers in Washington. on 11:54 - Sep 4 by KrisP

We aren't bottom though. Some would still disagree if we were unbeaten at the top. It's gone too far for some of our fans to ever agree with anything they say, common sense or not.

Too many lies and too much deceit during and after the sellout.

Statement from The Moneysnatchers in Washington. on 13:59 - Sep 4 with 1213 viewsawayjack

Statement from The Moneysnatchers in Washington. on 11:25 - Sep 4 by jasper_T

Well Huw's role has been marginalised based on that interview. The recruitment process is now Potters man and them. The business side is mostly Pearlman. Huw seems to exist in a sort of gardening leave limbo.

Other than that it's hard to get rid of major decision-makers when they are majority shareholders, no matter how upset the minority ones are.

My exact point is the Executive Board - Jenkins and Co plus the new Board members US appointed - were the main decision-makers that failed. Are you saying because Jenkins still has some shares he must be retained? Kaplan and Levien representing the majority shareholders are more like ‘investor directors’ and as far as disclosed, not directly remunerated. If they are now the main decision-makers, why do we need a hugely expensive Board that have failed?

I’m confused by your views. You seem supportive of selling players /slashing their costs but seem happy to keep the Board and non playing costs at an unsustainable level.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024