Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth 10:32 - Sep 7 with 4470 viewsTheResurrection

"""And each match is changing Kaplan. “I want to be careful about how I say this. Whether Swansea goes up 10 times in value or goes to zero [is] not going to affect my family or me, [it is] not going to have a material impact on my net worth . . . What I didn’t fully appreciate is how emotionally invested I would be in the team . . . I think it has to do with the fact that it’s so hard to score a goal. The goals are so few and far between that, when you do score, it’s such an incredible emotional release. You can see [it] with [the] players. They score a goal and they’re jumping. They’re sliding on the grass.”""

They're not interested in finding devious ways to redeem their small investment in the Swans. The money they've put in is relative peanuts to them. Yes they're investors and want to make a return, and Kaplan is by far and away the largest investor, but even with us bottoming out, it's not going to have a be all and end all impact on him and his family.

They want success. They've just made mistakes which have cost us.

Maybe we should give them a chance to put things right?

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 10:34 - Sep 7 with 2147 viewsDarran

Yesterday you were telling us he was putting money in.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 10:41 - Sep 7 with 2110 viewsTheResurrection

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 10:34 - Sep 7 by Darran

You don't understand jack shit do you. Do you smoke weed every day?

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 10:41 - Sep 7 with 2108 viewsShaky

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 10:34 - Sep 7 by Darran

I really don't know why you bother, Des. This stuff is just background noise.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 10:41 - Sep 7 with 2110 viewsMoscowJack

Maybe if it effected his family a little bit he'd put some money in to ensure they weren't effected by any negativity.

Maybe if it did effect him in the pocket, he'd see a reason to actually put real money in, but in honesty it seems he's just having a punt on a sport he seems to enjoy. He's crap at both, obviously as DC United are bottom in their league in the US of A and he's got us relegated from the PL. Absolute amateurs.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 10:46 - Sep 7 with 2082 viewsDarran

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 10:41 - Sep 7 by Shaky

He’s unreal mun. It’s pitiful stuff eh?

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 10:47 - Sep 7 with 2074 viewsTheResurrection

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 10:41 - Sep 7 by Shaky

Wow, the ultimate betrayal of one's self respect

You should read the things Shaky said about Darren and now he's buddying up.

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 10:48 - Sep 7 with 2067 viewsDarran

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 10:41 - Sep 7 by MoscowJack

Maybe if it effected his family a little bit he'd put some money in to ensure they weren't effected by any negativity.

Maybe if it did effect him in the pocket, he'd see a reason to actually put real money in, but in honesty it seems he's just having a punt on a sport he seems to enjoy. He's crap at both, obviously as DC United are bottom in their league in the US of A and he's got us relegated from the PL. Absolute amateurs.

They aren’t bottom. Just saying.

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 10:49 - Sep 7 with 2068 viewsElmo

Many successful CEOs mainly recruit senior execs who have made big mistakes - they rarely make the same mistakes again

Lets hope all the mistakes by all are in the past
Login to get fewer ads

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 10:50 - Sep 7 with 2054 viewsomarjack

You're really getting more stupid by the day aren't you.

If anything, that only indicates that they have nothing to lose whatever happens to us. If they can make money of us, good for them. If we crash and tumble down the leagues they'll at least get their money back while we become the national disgrace in Wales.

Stop embarrassing yourself.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 10:54 - Sep 7 with 2037 viewsTheResurrection

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 10:41 - Sep 7 by MoscowJack

Here we go. Cue the childish responses.

Is he involved with DC United then?

And why do you want him to put more money in? You want the Trust's share gone do you?

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 10:56 - Sep 7 with 2017 viewsTheResurrection

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 10:50 - Sep 7 by omarjack

You're really getting more stupid by the day aren't you.

If anything, that only indicates that they have nothing to lose whatever happens to us. If they can make money of us, good for them. If we crash and tumble down the leagues they'll at least get their money back while we become the national disgrace in Wales.

Stop embarrassing yourself.

The irony.

What it means is they're not going to strip the cupboard bear because their financial situation doesn't depend on us.

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 11:00 - Sep 7 with 1990 viewsomarjack

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 10:56 - Sep 7 by TheResurrection

The irony.

What it means is they're not going to strip the cupboard bear because their financial situation doesn't depend on us.

Or you can interpret it as that he'll strip the club bare if needed, make his money back and because of that, it won't affect him or his family.

I truly hope you're right on so many things Res. I couldn't be happier if I was shown to be the mug, because it'd mean that we'll be in a better place as a club. It's just, realistically it's all pointing towards utter destruction at the moment.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2018 11:01]

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 11:01 - Sep 7 with 1978 viewsE20Jack

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 10:47 - Sep 7 by TheResurrection

Wow, the ultimate betrayal of one's self respect

You should read the things Shaky said about Darren and now he's buddying up.

A quote from me a few days ago, looks like he is spreading his wings further:-

38m profit
at 19:16 2 Sep 2018

You have been shockingly offensive to them on occasion. At times it looked very much like you had a vendetta against them. That has only changed recently when you have started to try and forge new alliances with people that don’t like you.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 11:06 - Sep 7 with 1947 viewsTheResurrection

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 11:01 - Sep 7 by E20Jack

A quote from me a few days ago, looks like he is spreading his wings further:-

38m profit
at 19:16 2 Sep 2018

You have been shockingly offensive to them on occasion. At times it looked very much like you had a vendetta against them. That has only changed recently when you have started to try and forge new alliances with people that don’t like you.

He's got to be among the lowest of the low.

True, sly, snake.

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 11:07 - Sep 7 with 1947 viewsJack11

Simultaneous agenda posting by Res and E20. Nauseating. How did you fellas communicate about this nonsense? WhatsApp? Email? You go first, your turn. Giggle giggle.
Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 11:08 - Sep 7 with 1936 viewsTheResurrection

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 11:07 - Sep 7 by Jack11

Simultaneous agenda posting by Res and E20. Nauseating. How did you fellas communicate about this nonsense? WhatsApp? Email? You go first, your turn. Giggle giggle.

I've got him on both but, err neither.

Look at the usual suspects on the other side, how did you do it?

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 11:08 - Sep 7 with 1932 viewsBadlands

Which means they could (and if I was in their position already would have) say sod the lot of you - have your club and enjoy the inevitable trips to Grimsby and Bromley.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 11:08 - Sep 7 with 1927 viewsE20Jack

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 11:07 - Sep 7 by Jack11

Memo

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 11:08 - Sep 7 with 1928 viewsNookiejack

If he loses significant money at Swansea will impact on his ability to launch a new fund.

For example the 27 investors in current fund unlikely to provide new money, for a new fund.

New investors to a new fund - also likely to conduct due diligence on how he has managed the current investment in Swansea and how the investment has performed.
Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 11:09 - Sep 7 with 1927 viewsTheResurrection

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 11:08 - Sep 7 by E20Jack

Memo

* With bullet points
* end

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 11:11 - Sep 7 with 1909 viewsJack11

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 11:08 - Sep 7 by TheResurrection

I've got him on both but, err neither.

Look at the usual suspects on the other side, how did you do it?

I’m not in cahoots with anyone. Don’t need to be. I know one thing though, neither of you will have the decency, intelligence or minerals to admit you’re wrong when things inevitably get worse. If the yanks deliver, I’ll admit I was wrong. That’s the difference.
Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 11:15 - Sep 7 with 1882 viewsTheResurrection

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 11:08 - Sep 7 by Nookiejack

If he loses significant money at Swansea will impact on his ability to launch a new fund.

For example the 27 investors in current fund unlikely to provide new money, for a new fund.

New investors to a new fund - also likely to conduct due diligence on how he has managed the current investment in Swansea and how the investment has performed.

Do.you think experienced investors expect every investment to pay off?

Kaplan is by far and away the largest investor here, I'm guessing his stake is pretty substantial compared to the smaller punts the other 26 have made.

And I doubt for one second they were desperately trying to scramble an investment crew together.

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 11:17 - Sep 7 with 1865 viewsE20Jack

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 11:11 - Sep 7 by Jack11

I’m not in cahoots with anyone. Don’t need to be. I know one thing though, neither of you will have the decency, intelligence or minerals to admit you’re wrong when things inevitably get worse. If the yanks deliver, I’ll admit I was wrong. That’s the difference.

Wrong about what?

My stand point is simply based on what is happening not what I think might happen. I am not making any predictions here, my view of the Americans is based on their actions. Sketchy takeover, but not unexpected from people who initially had no affinity to the club, sketchy initial underestimation of the situation by appointing Bradley (but could see their flawed logic) - since then I have no complaints really.

That’s as far as my view goes. What are you going to prove me wrong about?

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 11:18 - Sep 7 with 1861 viewsTheResurrection

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 11:11 - Sep 7 by Jack11

What am I wrong about?

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 11:19 - Sep 7 with 1857 viewscostalotta

Kaplan. Swansea going to zero would not affect his net worth on 10:56 - Sep 7 by TheResurrection

The irony.

You've lost the plot!

Now, I am not saying they are or not. Not siding with any particular side of this thread but come on, surely you cannot believe what you just wrote?

Mate your logic and reasoning is so far of the mark. Asset stripers (not that i am saying Kaplan is) don't have financial dependency on the company they just bought to asset strip. In fact, its likely they don't have financial dependency period!

You mentioned Darren smoking something ? i'd ph ucking love to know what you're smoking!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024