Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rodon 07:43 - Sep 30 with 3776 viewspencoedjack

What’s the situation with his contract?

The boy is class,needs to be given a long term contract.

Would be a massive kick in the b ollocks if he left on a free.

Same goes for Connor.
Rodon on 18:30 - Sep 30 with 1342 viewsEasternJack

It’s simple really. No one could’ve predicted their impact. They’ll be offered new deals. If they don’t sign it’ll be because they don’t want to (ie more money elsewhere). That’s nothing new for us.

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Rodon on 18:32 - Sep 30 with 1331 views_

Rodon on 18:01 - Sep 30 by icecoldjack

So players in their 20's want game time, how is Rodon getting that at man city or Bournemouth?

If you were to say money I'd understand.

You were saying using these players was part of a master plan the other day, wish you'd make your mind up, if they were our plan why wernt they signed up on contracts ?

If they were an after thought because fede was sold at the last moment(even though he wasn't made captain because everyone knew he was leaving) then why not be pro active and secure the existing assets ?

Nothing makes sense apart from the same levels of incompetence seen at the club for years under Huw, and continued at an accelerated pace with the yanks.

The answer to all The above? Money no doubt.

FFS listen to yourself.

Fede was in training on the last day. If Newcastle had thought otherwise he'd still be here now.

Is there something wrong with you? Are you THAT DESPERATE you want to find anything you possibly can to have a go at the Club?

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Rodon on 18:42 - Sep 30 with 1310 viewsicecoldjack

Rodon on 18:22 - Sep 30 by jasper_T

"Ahh I see, they had no intention of selling him but they took the captain's armband off him, righio ."

Here's where your reading comprehension falls apart. There's a big difference between "no intention of selling him" (a clearly false statement) and "they didn't know for sure that he was going to leave" (which was the case right up until deadline day when the clubs came to terms).

Tying Rodon down to another contract was hardly a no-brainer when 1) we didn't know he'd get games until deadline day, 2) we didn't know he'd settle in well until he played (was no great shakes at Cheltenham), 3) we didn't know he'd be the player stepping up and not Cian until Potter made the call and 4) Carter-Vickers could have taken his place and he might get only a game or two more this whole season.

It's not like he's on an open contract. We've got him this season, and will get a new deal in the next month or so. We're not rich enough to be chucking 4 or 5 year deals at kids who might not even contribute (Maric got a 3 year deal and look how he's getting on now... at least his agent's happy).

But your contradicting things you argued on another thread now.

Nobody knows for sure anything ! Fede may have fallen down the stairs and be out for 6 months.

Your following the narrative of using young players as a master plan on another thread and having one centre half was ok because we had back up and now your saying the likes of Rodon were a risk to tie down for any length of time and that fede was going to be staying.

Make your mind up fella !

You also said it's fine having only one centre half, so it was then clumsy from the club to have Amat, fede and VDH all here right ?

We debated if this whole.situation of using the young players was part of a master plan or something that was circumstance, and you've firmly been on the side of the club knowing exactly what it was doing, yet your contradicting that now.

Hence the fantastic position of the young lads stepping up was one more born out of luck than judgement !

If it was judgement these boys would have been locked down, and secured as assets, if we had the belief in them to keep us up then we have the belief in them to secure their deals right ?

If we didn't know that any of those young players would step up why did we have just 1 senior centre back in our squad ?

Which ever way you slice it, it shows there is no clear strategy at the club other than trying to sell assets and make cash, nothing wrong with that as long as there is no over reach in the asset stripping, which there was, so we gambled on youth being able to take up the slack and it paid off, because it's paid off we've now created another problem because long term deals arn't in place, so no long term thinking is clearly confirmed.
Rodon on 18:45 - Sep 30 with 1302 viewsicecoldjack

Rodon on 18:32 - Sep 30 by _

FFS listen to yourself.

Fede was in training on the last day. If Newcastle had thought otherwise he'd still be here now.

Is there something wrong with you? Are you THAT DESPERATE you want to find anything you possibly can to have a go at the Club?

How am I having a go at the club ?

This is what having a go at the club sounds like.

" we need rid of siggy because he's rubbish and just a one trick pony and he can take that useless wardrobe Llorente with him, the club need to sell them if they want to stay up"

Fair play you are a complete dick at times . Mr Zero credibility strikes again.
Rodon on 18:48 - Sep 30 with 1287 views_

Rodon on 18:42 - Sep 30 by icecoldjack

But your contradicting things you argued on another thread now.

Nobody knows for sure anything ! Fede may have fallen down the stairs and be out for 6 months.

Your following the narrative of using young players as a master plan on another thread and having one centre half was ok because we had back up and now your saying the likes of Rodon were a risk to tie down for any length of time and that fede was going to be staying.

Make your mind up fella !

You also said it's fine having only one centre half, so it was then clumsy from the club to have Amat, fede and VDH all here right ?

We debated if this whole.situation of using the young players was part of a master plan or something that was circumstance, and you've firmly been on the side of the club knowing exactly what it was doing, yet your contradicting that now.

Hence the fantastic position of the young lads stepping up was one more born out of luck than judgement !

If it was judgement these boys would have been locked down, and secured as assets, if we had the belief in them to keep us up then we have the belief in them to secure their deals right ?

If we didn't know that any of those young players would step up why did we have just 1 senior centre back in our squad ?

Which ever way you slice it, it shows there is no clear strategy at the club other than trying to sell assets and make cash, nothing wrong with that as long as there is no over reach in the asset stripping, which there was, so we gambled on youth being able to take up the slack and it paid off, because it's paid off we've now created another problem because long term deals arn't in place, so no long term thinking is clearly confirmed.

Jasper, I would firmly advise you to ignore this freak.

You've made perfect sense, everyone reading this site can see that and this div is just embarrassing himself.

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Rodon on 19:04 - Sep 30 with 1278 viewsicecoldjack

Rodon on 18:48 - Sep 30 by _

Jasper, I would firmly advise you to ignore this freak.

You've made perfect sense, everyone reading this site can see that and this div is just embarrassing himself.

It's all over for you fella, zero credibility left, next you'll be telling everyone that Paul Clement is going to have us playing Tika taka and will take us back to the swansea way !

Jeez, I mean how can you be so wrong so often about almost everything?

Surely a freak is somebody who thinks yank hedge funders are going to be our sugar daddies and will extract zero cash from the club, even though they don't even involve a 20% shareholder in the decisions it makes !

Next level indeed !
And don't even get me started on your flip flop over Huw Jenkins ! We'll be here all night otherwise !

Like I say zero credibility.
Rodon on 11:00 - Oct 1 with 1172 viewsjasper_T

I don't think I've contradicted myself, but it can look that way when you rephrase my posts using terms like "master plan".

It was always the (normal) plan that the best of the u23s contribute significantly to the squad in the event of relegation. And I was sure a decent number of them would impress given the opportunity. But Joe Rodon wasn't Plan A as a starting centreback heading into the summer.
Rodon on 13:59 - Oct 1 with 1106 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Rodon on 18:27 - Sep 30 by _

You're absolutely pathetic.

You sound like a demented frog rabbiting on digging yourself into one hole after another

Nothing funny about that. He's right , contracts haven't been handled well.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Login to get fewer ads

Rodon on 16:40 - Oct 1 with 1037 viewsvetchonian

Rodon on 11:00 - Oct 1 by jasper_T

I don't think I've contradicted myself, but it can look that way when you rephrase my posts using terms like "master plan".

It was always the (normal) plan that the best of the u23s contribute significantly to the squad in the event of relegation. And I was sure a decent number of them would impress given the opportunity. But Joe Rodon wasn't Plan A as a starting centreback heading into the summer.

NO but Connor ROberts was and his contract runs out soon.

IF you read most peoples posts what they question is this myth of a masterplan which meant the U23 players would step up this season to fill the gaps left following the urgent need to slash the wage bill.

IF we had proper forward thinking managment ( I am not talking about the playing management here) most of these guys with little time left on their contracts should have had extensions at least. NOw these guys hold the upper hand and can run their contracts down or demand ransomes in effect as their values to the club have increased.

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Rodon on 16:48 - Oct 1 with 1030 viewsjasper_T

Rodon on 16:40 - Oct 1 by vetchonian

NO but Connor ROberts was and his contract runs out soon.

IF you read most peoples posts what they question is this myth of a masterplan which meant the U23 players would step up this season to fill the gaps left following the urgent need to slash the wage bill.

IF we had proper forward thinking managment ( I am not talking about the playing management here) most of these guys with little time left on their contracts should have had extensions at least. NOw these guys hold the upper hand and can run their contracts down or demand ransomes in effect as their values to the club have increased.

Connor should have been sorted out, as I've said. A capable Premier League footballer shouldn't be entering the last 12 months of his contract.

It was absolutely the plan that players from the u23s would step up. No myth. Pretty sure Huw Jenkins made statements to that effect a couple of years ago, when we got Cat One status. Was he lying then, and then we accidentally did it anyway? It was always a safety net for a relegation and mass exodus.

With players like Joe it's not ideal but hardly a major issue. We want players who want to be here, and if we spend a few more grand a week on one young player as opposed to chancing even more money on 3 or 4 just to "give us breathing room" it's not my chequebook so who cares?
Rodon on 10:59 - Oct 2 with 930 viewsLegend83

Poster on SCFC2 claiming a family member knows both Rodon and Roberts are due to sign new deals imminently. Just dotting i's and crossing t's apparently.
Rodon on 11:09 - Oct 2 with 918 views34dfgdf54

Rodon on 10:59 - Oct 2 by Legend83

Poster on SCFC2 claiming a family member knows both Rodon and Roberts are due to sign new deals imminently. Just dotting i's and crossing t's apparently.

Brilliant news
Rodon on 12:42 - Oct 2 with 860 viewspencoedjack

Rodon on 11:09 - Oct 2 by 34dfgdf54

Brilliant news

Indeed
Rodon on 13:40 - Oct 2 with 817 views_

Rodon on 17:53 - Sep 30 by icecoldjack

We will never know how a player like amat would worknout in the championship, he couldve been superb so..

Ahh I see, they had no intention of selling him but they took the captain's armband off him, righio .

So we knew we were selling the family silver and yet never even bothered to make sure that our replacements from within were tied to contracts, sounds like us.

Like I said earlier, we give expoursure to young talent obviously by default but don't even tie them down to contracts, so if one or two do well their off for pennies to another club.

It's not surprising though, this is exactly how we've been run for the last 6 yrs.
Yet people think Huw Jenkins has planned all this for some weird reason, he planned it all but forgot to make sure they were tied down to contracts, thats just wonderful.

So if the news is true and let's face it, it was mentioned by Potter weeks ago that the two were in contract negotiations, then the forum kunt Icecoldtvvat looks a right Dick again.

And Potter had never given Fede the Captaincy, not the once, no pre season games, zilch.

Shame on the usual culprits.

Well done the Club.

Rodon on 16:21 - Oct 2 with 761 viewsawayjack

Excellent news.
Rodon on 17:23 - Oct 2 with 716 viewslidojack

Would be a massive boost ahead of a favourable run.
Rodon on 17:27 - Oct 2 with 713 views34dfgdf54

Rodon on 12:42 - Oct 2 by pencoedjack

Indeed

VDH and Fer next please....
Rodon on 18:59 - Oct 2 with 656 viewsKilkennyjack

This is good news, but very late in the day.
Without this, then they would be sold for a penny in January.

Lets hope the intent is to hang on to them rather than cash them in.
Huw .....🙃

Beware of the Risen People

Rodon on 20:05 - Oct 2 with 600 viewsdobjack2

Rodon on 17:27 - Oct 2 by 34dfgdf54

VDH and Fer next please....

Rodon and Roberts are young, progressing and getting game time so I would have been surprised if the club couldn’t agree contracts with them.

VDH and Fer may be a different kettle of fish depending on what they want(or have been offered elsewhere) and what the club is prepared to offer.
Rodon on 21:49 - Oct 2 with 568 viewsawayjack

Rodon on 18:59 - Oct 2 by Kilkennyjack

This is good news, but very late in the day.
Without this, then they would be sold for a penny in January.

Lets hope the intent is to hang on to them rather than cash them in.
Huw .....🙃

I thought as they are both u23 we’d get decent compensation anyway? Obviously more under contact but hopefully not an issue if rumours re contacts are true.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024