Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
USA Midterms 08:53 - Nov 1 with 1757 viewsCatullus

Watching breakfast news and they're highlighting where Trump has a lot of support, Evangelical Christians, that explains a lot.
Some of the people they interviewed seemed to be barking. The Priest said his strong faith in Jesus was reflected in his conservative views, do what now? Jesus was the biggest Liberal the planet has ever seen. If you accept he existed and was the son of God, not the biggest con artist in history. Jesus certainly wouldn't have accepted having that wall built, he'd be there knocking it down.
The USA is strongly religious still yet the religious views are warped from what I've understood them to be. Jesus never advocated the kind of behaviour Trump supporters indulge in, he wouldn't behave like the Trump haters either.

The USA is one crazy mixed up place. The good Samaritan uses bullets and bombs to help, they don't turn the other cheek, money lending is good and the 5000 (Latin American immigrants) will not cross the border, will go hungry and Trump will not turn the other cheek either.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

USA Midterms on 09:19 - Nov 1 with 1737 viewsomarjack

Evangelicalism is more of a cult within Christianity. (to me, all religion is cultish but you know what I mean)

They seem to have no problem with Trump's adulterous immoral lifestyle. While bashing on gays (not all) and women who perform abortions (yes all), they're pro-torture, pro-political violence, racist (not all) and think they can cherry pick who gets to live and who doesn't (just like how they cherry pick their bible)

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

USA Midterms on 09:24 - Nov 1 with 1727 viewsCatullus

USA Midterms on 09:19 - Nov 1 by omarjack

Evangelicalism is more of a cult within Christianity. (to me, all religion is cultish but you know what I mean)

They seem to have no problem with Trump's adulterous immoral lifestyle. While bashing on gays (not all) and women who perform abortions (yes all), they're pro-torture, pro-political violence, racist (not all) and think they can cherry pick who gets to live and who doesn't (just like how they cherry pick their bible)

Yep, they're not even more centrist conservative, they're so far right they make May look like a Labour PM!!

It's bonkers.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

USA Midterms on 09:51 - Nov 1 with 1709 viewsBatterseajack

R4 today had a piece this morning about blue collar jobs doing really well despite some of the more well paid jobs suffering slightly. It didn't really touch on why this was happening or what Trump had done or if its just part of a longer term recovery since the 2008 crash. But this does feed into Narrative of Trump is good for the blue collar workers so i suspect he'll do well.
USA Midterms on 10:30 - Nov 1 with 1683 viewsomarjack

USA Midterms on 09:24 - Nov 1 by Catullus

Yep, they're not even more centrist conservative, they're so far right they make May look like a Labour PM!!

It's bonkers.

And did I fail to mention the most cultish aspect of all?

Guns, guns, more guns, more and more guns..basements decorated with pistols, AR-15s, grenades..as if it's the culturally normal thing to do.

"So honey! what do you think of the house?"

"Um..I don't know darling, the gun room seems to be a bit small, maybe we can demolish one of the walls with our son's room to make it more spacious."

"God bless God, America and the 2nd amendment"

(they fawn on each other like butt sniffing dogs)

Yep, literally a cult by international definition.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

USA Midterms on 10:32 - Nov 1 with 1679 viewsPozuelosSideys

USA Midterms on 09:51 - Nov 1 by Batterseajack

R4 today had a piece this morning about blue collar jobs doing really well despite some of the more well paid jobs suffering slightly. It didn't really touch on why this was happening or what Trump had done or if its just part of a longer term recovery since the 2008 crash. But this does feed into Narrative of Trump is good for the blue collar workers so i suspect he'll do well.

Probably to do with lots of Americans buying American-manufactured products instead of imported stuff. Bigger order book = more jobs. One of the few upsides to Trump's rhetoric

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

USA Midterms on 11:47 - Nov 1 with 1645 viewssotonswan

Heaven has gates. Not everyone gets in.

Lucifer and 1/3 of the angels were cast out and are being kept out.

If you allow a BBC news item to convince you that Christians are bad people then that was the direction you were being choralled towards. You won't be alone.

We are the NORTH BANK POPULAR FRONT ! (in no way affiliated to those splitters the North Bank Alliance.) WWG1WGA

USA Midterms on 11:57 - Nov 1 with 1633 viewsBrynCartwright

USA Midterms on 11:47 - Nov 1 by sotonswan

If you allow a BBC news item to convince you that Christians are bad people then that was the direction you were being choralled towards. You won't be alone.

Sorry butt...there is no such place as Heaven.

It does not exist.

It is a complete figment of imagination.

When we die we simply cease to be.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

USA Midterms on 12:05 - Nov 1 with 1623 viewsLohengrin

USA Midterms on 09:19 - Nov 1 by omarjack

You’re basing that on what? The hundreds of hours of Methodist or Pentecostalist services you have attended or are you just regurgitating blather, Thomas?

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Login to get fewer ads

USA Midterms on 16:22 - Nov 1 with 1508 viewsCatullus

These Christians are hardly Christian, that's the point. They believe guns and walls are the answer and they overlook many bad things, or justify them as necessary.
There's nothing wrong in being conservative as long as you aren't racist, sexist or homophobic. However when the answer to many questions is guns, guns and more guns, lets celebrate guns and the glory of a God who to them justifies use of guns it's all a bit whacko.
It wasn't the article per se but the people interviewed, the evangelical Christians themselves that had me thinking it's all nuts, bonkers....wibble!

USA Midterms on 19:39 - Nov 1 with 1471 viewsexiledclaseboy

Jesus

Poll: Tory leader

USA Midterms on 19:40 - Nov 1 with 1469 viewsexiledclaseboy

USA Midterms on 16:22 - Nov 1 by Catullus

These Christians are hardly Christian, that's the point. They believe guns and walls are the answer and they overlook many bad things, or justify them as necessary.
There's nothing wrong in being conservative as long as you aren't racist, sexist or homophobic. However when the answer to many questions is guns, guns and more guns, lets celebrate guns and the glory of a God who to them justifies use of guns it's all a bit whacko.
It wasn't the article per se but the people interviewed, the evangelical Christians themselves that had me thinking it's all nuts, bonkers....wibble!

“There's nothing wrong in being conservative as long as you aren't racist, sexist or homophobic.”

That’s pretty much exactly what being “conservative” (small c and in the context of US politics) is.

Poll: Tory leader

USA Midterms on 19:53 - Nov 1 with 1458 viewsCatullus

USA Midterms on 19:39 - Nov 1 by exiledclaseboy

Jesus

Jesus wept more like

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024