Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wales 17:54 - Nov 20 with 5175 viewsTenbySwan

Connor and Dan in the starting line up for Wales tonight. Live on S4C
Wales on 21:52 - Nov 20 with 1640 viewsCooperman

Wales on 21:40 - Nov 20 by jasper_T

"This is where you lost me."

Have you been drinking, fella?

So when you started "you still lost" you were enquiring if I was still not getting what you said. Maybe you should have started with "are you still lost".

Either way we're on differing wavelengths over Giggs. You want him out whereas I'm prepared to see what the Euro qualifiers deliver.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Wales on 22:32 - Nov 20 with 1502 viewsjasper_T

At least Giggs won't have to play Denmark again. Proven already he can't work that puzzle out.
Wales on 22:33 - Nov 20 with 1493 viewsmajorraglan

Didn’t get to watch the game but it’s a very disappointing result tonight especially as Scotland beat them 0-4 last week. Giggs is blooding some youngsters, but he has to balance things out and if the team continues to lose it will hit the players confidence.

Giggs is very much under the microscope.
Wales on 22:38 - Nov 20 with 1481 viewsoldcob

Wales on 22:33 - Nov 20 by majorraglan

Didn’t get to watch the game but it’s a very disappointing result tonight especially as Scotland beat them 0-4 last week. Giggs is blooding some youngsters, but he has to balance things out and if the team continues to lose it will hit the players confidence.

Don't think we'll lose any confidence over tonight. If it had been a game that matters, and with an able ref we'd have beaten them by three goals minimum.
[Post edited 20 Nov 2018 22:43]
Wales on 23:52 - Nov 20 with 1389 viewsBytholWyn

I wouldn't be too concerned if it weren't for the fact that the defeat followed an identical pattern to the two defeats to Denmark. Giggs doesn't seem to understand that to win matches you need to control the game from midfield. Both opening goals against Denmark came from Delaney getting away from Ramsey. Tonight within two minutes of Joe Allen going off (who bossed things to such an extent that Albania didn't have a single effort on goal in the entire 55 minutes he was on the pitch) and being replaced by Ramsey, Albania counter-attacked for the first time through a simple pass deep in the Albanian half that bisected both Ramsey and King - our defensive mids, leaving Wales 3 against 3. The same passage of play led to the penalty.

We thumped Ireland 4-1 on the back of a dominant defensive midfield pairing of Ampadu and Allen. We simply have to play two proper defensive mids (Smith being an able alternative) if we are to have any chance of qualifying for the Euros.
Wales on 00:03 - Nov 21 with 1375 viewsKilkennyjack

Wales on 23:52 - Nov 20 by BytholWyn

I wouldn't be too concerned if it weren't for the fact that the defeat followed an identical pattern to the two defeats to Denmark. Giggs doesn't seem to understand that to win matches you need to control the game from midfield. Both opening goals against Denmark came from Delaney getting away from Ramsey. Tonight within two minutes of Joe Allen going off (who bossed things to such an extent that Albania didn't have a single effort on goal in the entire 55 minutes he was on the pitch) and being replaced by Ramsey, Albania counter-attacked for the first time through a simple pass deep in the Albanian half that bisected both Ramsey and King - our defensive mids, leaving Wales 3 against 3. The same passage of play led to the penalty.

We thumped Ireland 4-1 on the back of a dominant defensive midfield pairing of Ampadu and Allen. We simply have to play two proper defensive mids (Smith being an able alternative) if we are to have any chance of qualifying for the Euros.

Totally agree. So maybe....

Hennessey

Gunter/roberts
Rodon
Ash
Ben

Allen
Ampadu

Brooks
Rambo
Bale

Vokes

Beware of the Risen People

Wales on 07:50 - Nov 21 with 1191 views34dfgdf54

Wales on 00:03 - Nov 21 by Kilkennyjack

Totally agree. So maybe....

Hennessey

Gunter/roberts
Rodon
Ash
Ben

Allen
Ampadu

Brooks
Rambo
Bale

Vokes

I can’t believe you’ve put Gunter/Roberts.

One is levels and levels above the other, thankfully it’s the one that belongs to us.
Wales on 07:56 - Nov 21 with 1185 viewsJJJack

Wales on 07:50 - Nov 21 by 34dfgdf54

I can’t believe you’ve put Gunter/Roberts.

One is levels and levels above the other, thankfully it’s the one that belongs to us.

Agrre with the above. Giggs will shaft us if he doesn't implement the system that served Wales so well in recent years. Ramsey is an absolute liability anywhere near our own half. Ban him entering his own last third. Bale is not a winger. Vokes is hugely limited and for emergencies only. Gunter quite obviously has no left foot and shouldn't be used there.

Put Davies and Ampadu back in plus Chester & Rodon/Mepham at CB and we still have a decent side. But Giggs has no personality at all IMO.
Login to get fewer ads

Wales on 08:37 - Nov 21 with 1149 viewsWhiterockin

Giggs is just not good enough.

He got the job on what he did in the past as a player. He didn't turn up for friendlies and neither did he or his team tonight. I just feel sorry for the supporters who made the long trip.
Wales on 11:24 - Nov 21 with 1021 viewsBadlands

Wales is stuck with Giggs as they won't be able to afford to pay him off.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Wales on 11:52 - Nov 21 with 997 views34dfgdf54

I seem to remember alot of people saying the same about Coleman at the start when he took over after Coleman left. He has got to be given time.
Wales on 12:03 - Nov 21 with 986 viewssP7qupUf

I know that I may get slated for this but does anyone else feel that at times Bale and Ramsay view themselves the best players in the schoolyard and won't past anyone else. They then lose possession.
Wales on 12:55 - Nov 21 with 935 viewsCooperman

Wales on 11:52 - Nov 21 by 34dfgdf54

I seem to remember alot of people saying the same about Coleman at the start when he took over after Coleman left. He has got to be given time.

My point exactly. Judge him this time next year.

Wales on 17:54 - Nov 21 with 848 viewsvalleyboy

Wales on 22:33 - Nov 20 by majorraglan

The last thing you do as a manager, is to blood too many youngster all at once, spespecially away from home as it was proved last night

What an idiot for Giggs to say that the players let themselves down

The only one that let Wales down last night was Giggs, in letting some of the best players on the bench and then didn’t bring them on until it was too late
Wales on 19:54 - Nov 21 with 794 viewstheloneranger

Wales on 11:52 - Nov 21 by 34dfgdf54

Chris Coleman, the first Welsh manager to lose his first 5 matches in charge.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Wales on 20:16 - Nov 21 with 766 viewsmajorraglan

Wales on 17:54 - Nov 21 by valleyboy

The last thing you do as a manager, is to blood too many youngster all at once, spespecially away from home as it was proved last night

The only one that let Wales down last night was Giggs, in letting some of the best players on the bench and then didn’t bring them on until it was too late

I had mixed feelings about his appointment. He is a big name, he has some managerial experience with a Man Utd and is bringing something players players through, but results have tailed off after a positive start. Some games have been close and we don’t have a divine right to win games, but some of the recent performances have been a little disjointed and maybe the balance of the team hasn’t been right. Let’s hope it’s arty teething problems and that we can qualify for the Euros.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2018 20:16]
Wales on 21:25 - Nov 21 with 722 viewsBadlands

Wales on 19:54 - Nov 21 by theloneranger

Chris Coleman, the first Welsh manager to lose his first 5 matches in charge.

Coleman played better opposition and was afraid to veer away from Speed's approach (which in truth was producing a mixed bag of results working for Speed).
Ripped up the script, got rid of one bad influences, always took responsibility and gained success.
Speed also played better opposition with better results than Giggs.
So far Giggs has won games against China! and twice against one of the worst NI teams in history and has criticised the players for the loss to Albania.
He isn't in the same league.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Wales on 21:43 - Nov 21 with 709 viewsCooperman

Wales on 17:54 - Nov 21 by valleyboy

He hasn’t got so much flexibility these days as the onset of the Nations League has removed many friendly games from the international calendar. Have you seen the calendar for next year? Wales have ten competitive fixtures between March and November and there isn’t a friendly in sight. Such a volume of games within a short space of time will mean that new options are required in order to provide strength in depth and Albania was his only real option as I see it to explore the players at his disposal. Neither Spain at home in front of 50,000 fans or the Nations League games were the time to experiment with some youngsters. Don’t you think Dan James was worthy of a game?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024