Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Soton v Arsenal 15:34 - Dec 16 with 1801 viewsunion_jack

Good win for Soton today. I can't see them being in the mix at the end of the season.

For me, the bottom three will be Fulham, Burnley and Huddersfield. Cardiff will do enough at home I reckon to be safe.

I think maybe this year though, we'll see the lowest ever survival points tally.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Soton v Arsenal on 15:52 - Dec 16 with 1206 viewslifelong

I enjoy watching Arsenal play, 3 excellent goals by Southampton.
Soton v Arsenal on 15:53 - Dec 16 with 1201 viewsmajorraglan

There a lng way to go, but this is a bad result for Cardiff as Southampton have picked up 3 unexpected points and closed the gap on Cardiff and safety.
Soton v Arsenal on 15:54 - Dec 16 with 1197 views34dfgdf54

25 points will keep you up I reckon.

I agree with the three sides you picked, until recently I thought Fulham would survive but a defence with Mawson and the other calamities they have, they’ve got no hope unfortunately.
Soton v Arsenal on 15:54 - Dec 16 with 1195 viewsGaryjack

Have you seen the home fixtures Cardiff have left? Sorry, but they're going to have to find a way of getting some points off the big boys or start picking up points on the road. If they can't do either of those, then they're going down.
Soton v Arsenal on 15:55 - Dec 16 with 1193 viewsBluebird

I cant see us doing enough if im honest unless we buy three or four players that are quality..
Which i doubt..
Soton v Arsenal on 15:56 - Dec 16 with 1184 viewsBluebird

Soton v Arsenal on 15:54 - Dec 16 by Garyjack

Have you seen the home fixtures Cardiff have left? Sorry, but they're going to have to find a way of getting some points off the big boys or start picking up points on the road. If they can't do either of those, then they're going down.

Gary i agree with that. Unless we get a couple of unexpected wins we are down..
Soton v Arsenal on 16:20 - Dec 16 with 1147 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Couple six pointers at the bottom next week. Huddersfield v Southampton and Newcastle V Fulham.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Soton v Arsenal on 16:27 - Dec 16 with 1127 viewsmonmouth

Soton v Arsenal on 15:56 - Dec 16 by Bluebird

It's actually a lot more interesting than I expected. I'd be more optimistic if I were a cardiff fan. Burnley, Huddersfield and Fulham are absolute gash and have more problems than Cardiff imo. If Burnley ditch Dyche they might survive, but he's run his course with them. Fulham might spend, but I reckon Hudds are done. Just winning against those thre and picking up a few points here and there might be enough. A team could survive with less than 30 points this season, maybe 27, as ridiculous as that seems.

Whether that really does the team that survives any favours, remains to be seen As we saw, trying to cling on year after year is what financially does you inwhen the bullet finally arrives (and for our sort of clubs it always will), especially if you just buy a few duds, and start paying PL wages.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

Soton v Arsenal on 16:29 - Dec 16 with 1115 viewsbyron

Soton v Arsenal on 15:53 - Dec 16 by majorraglan

There a lng way to go, but this is a bad result for Cardiff as Southampton have picked up 3 unexpected points and closed the gap on Cardiff and safety.

Not at all, saints have some good players and will stay up. Cementing the shiiiite that are Burnely down there will be a good thing. The bottom three as they are going down would be just fine and very good for welsh football

Benny

Soton v Arsenal on 16:31 - Dec 16 with 1112 viewsbyron

Soton v Arsenal on 15:56 - Dec 16 by Bluebird

Let’s start next Saturday 😂

Benny

Soton v Arsenal on 16:39 - Dec 16 with 1090 viewsbyron

Soton v Arsenal on 16:27 - Dec 16 by monmouth

It's actually a lot more interesting than I expected. I'd be more optimistic if I were a cardiff fan. Burnley, Huddersfield and Fulham are absolute gash and have more problems than Cardiff imo. If Burnley ditch Dyche they might survive, but he's run his course with them. Fulham might spend, but I reckon Hudds are done. Just winning against those thre and picking up a few points here and there might be enough. A team could survive with less than 30 points this season, maybe 27, as ridiculous as that seems.

Whether that really does the team that survives any favours, remains to be seen As we saw, trying to cling on year after year is what financially does you inwhen the bullet finally arrives (and for our sort of clubs it always will), especially if you just buy a few duds, and start paying PL wages.

I agree, say we do survive, it will be same again next season, and again, and again. I’m not quite sure how teams like palace and Watford do it, they haven’t spent loads have they? So it is do able, I guess you just have to hang on in there, add a decent player or two each year and hope you can maintain it. In reality u should have stayed up last season but for some dreadful signings, poor management choices etc...just one bad summer ruined you. That’s all it takes

Benny

Soton v Arsenal on 16:45 - Dec 16 with 1078 viewsMrSwerve

It may look like lots of teams towards the bottom may not get past 25 points, but we all know what happens towards February and March...plenty of surprise results will happen when teams realise they’re in the shizen. Too close to call right now.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Soton v Arsenal on 16:49 - Dec 16 with 1067 viewsunion_jack

The thing is I can't see the three I mentioned doing better than them (though there is a long way to go).

I can't see Cardiff or the others getting 35 points though hence why I believe the survival total may be a record low.

Soton v Arsenal on 16:54 - Dec 16 with 1029 viewsbyron

Soton v Arsenal on 16:49 - Dec 16 by union_jack

The thing is I can't see the three I mentioned doing better than them (though there is a long way to go).

I can't see Cardiff or the others getting 35 points though hence why I believe the survival total may be a record low.

It’s going to be close but we have six winnable home games, that’s 18 points. That alone would take us to 32. A few others here and there and you never know.

Benny

Soton v Arsenal on 17:01 - Dec 16 with 1016 viewsunion_jack

Soton v Arsenal on 16:54 - Dec 16 by byron

It’s going to be close but we have six winnable home games, that’s 18 points. That alone would take us to 32. A few others here and there and you never know.

Indeed, you never know, but going on performances of you and the three others, I can't see it. But you'll get the most out of the four.

Soton v Arsenal on 17:05 - Dec 16 with 1004 viewsbyron

Soton v Arsenal on 17:01 - Dec 16 by union_jack

Indeed, you never know, but going on performances of you and the three others, I can't see it. But you'll get the most out of the four.

Always seems to be one club that drags themselves up and out after Christmas, was it saints last year? Didn’t palace lose there first 7 games? Sunderland did it the last time we were up, they went and won at Chelsea and broke there long unbeaten record, weird stuff happens.

Benny

Soton v Arsenal on 17:14 - Dec 16 with 986 viewsGaryjack

Soton v Arsenal on 17:05 - Dec 16 by byron

Always seems to be one club that drags themselves up and out after Christmas, was it saints last year? Didn’t palace lose there first 7 games? Sunderland did it the last time we were up, they went and won at Chelsea and broke there long unbeaten record, weird stuff happens.

It was actually us who dragged ourselves up and out of it after Christmas! Then.....
Soton v Arsenal on 18:56 - Dec 16 with 905 viewslifelong

Soton v Arsenal on 17:14 - Dec 16 by Garyjack

It was actually us who dragged ourselves up and out of it after Christmas! Then.....

We had 31 points with 9 games remaining..threw it away.
Soton v Arsenal on 18:58 - Dec 16 with 897 viewsbluey_the_blue

Next is Man Yoo and given the way they played against Liverpool, that's a winnable game.
Soton v Arsenal on 18:58 - Dec 16 with 896 viewsunion_jack

Soton v Arsenal on 18:56 - Dec 16 by lifelong

We had 31 points with 9 games remaining..threw it away.

If ever the term 'snatched defeat from the jaws of victory' was appropriate...

Soton v Arsenal on 19:00 - Dec 16 with 891 viewssainthelens

Soton v Arsenal on 18:58 - Dec 16 by bluey_the_blue

Next is Man Yoo and given the way they played against Liverpool, that's a winnable game.

Would you like to bookmark that?
Soton v Arsenal on 19:09 - Dec 16 with 881 viewsunion_jack

Soton v Arsenal on 18:58 - Dec 16 by bluey_the_blue

You've a chance against them at home but today they were playing Liverpool don't forget.

Also, they won't want to lose two in a row.

Soton v Arsenal on 19:17 - Dec 16 with 868 viewsbluey_the_blue

Soton v Arsenal on 19:00 - Dec 16 by sainthelens

Would you like to bookmark that?

Why - so you can gloat if we lose?

I didn't say we'd definitely win - I said it was a winnable game, a game we could win. Man Yoo were woeful today; yes they were playing Liverpool but they were absolutely appalling.

I've little doubt there were players out there doing the bare minimum in the hope Mourinho gets fired in the immediate future.
Soton v Arsenal on 19:27 - Dec 16 with 850 viewsplasjack

Soton v Arsenal on 16:29 - Dec 16 by byron

Not at all, saints have some good players and will stay up. Cementing the shiiiite that are Burnely down there will be a good thing. The bottom three as they are going down would be just fine and very good for welsh football

The best result for Welsh football would be your certain relegation as a non football team, and a promotion for the Swans who are a football team.
Soton v Arsenal on 19:30 - Dec 16 with 841 viewsunion_jack

Soton v Arsenal on 19:17 - Dec 16 by bluey_the_blue

Why - so you can gloat if we lose?

I didn't say we'd definitely win - I said it was a winnable game, a game we could win. Man Yoo were woeful today; yes they were playing Liverpool but they were absolutely appalling.

I've little doubt there were players out there doing the bare minimum in the hope Mourinho gets fired in the immediate future.

I think they were outclassed by what is becoming a title chasing team.

Your strengths lie in your team spirit, never say die attitude. You won't match them for quality but you may disrupt their game, frustrate them - and you never know.

Got to say though, the bookies won't be making you favourite (whatever that may mean in reality).

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024