Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
VDH "in contract talks" 14:01 - Dec 17 with 3660 viewsjacabertawe

Presumably he is still on Premier wages. I would most definitely want him to stay.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46592773
[Post edited 17 Dec 2018 20:23]

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

VDH "in contract talks" on 14:11 - Dec 17 with 3632 viewsBadlands

He was reportedly on £15,000 a week in the Premier League.
Most first team players at Villa (Championship) are on £20 - 25,000 a week.
Given his regularity, sharing captaincy and having a good chance of playing for a promotion seeking Championship club or lower half PL club, he may well be looking for a pay rise.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

VDH "in contract talks" on 15:55 - Dec 17 with 3446 viewsGaryjack

VDH "in contract talks" on 14:11 - Dec 17 by Badlands

Given his regularity, sharing captaincy and having a good chance of playing for a promotion seeking Championship club or lower half PL club, he may well be looking for a pay rise.

Not a chance in hell he'll get a pay rise. If we do not get promoted back to Premier league, then in a little over two years this club is going to have to survive on a playing budget of £80k per week max. People and players alike need to realise that.
VDH "in contract talks" on 16:03 - Dec 17 with 3424 viewsTheKirkyLife

I say give him his pay rise. Deserves it after becoming one of our most important players from where he started.
VDH "in contract talks" on 16:06 - Dec 17 with 3414 views34dfgdf54

VDH "in contract talks" on 15:55 - Dec 17 by Garyjack

Not a chance in hell he'll get a pay rise. If we do not get promoted back to Premier league, then in a little over two years this club is going to have to survive on a playing budget of £80k per week max. People and players alike need to realise that.

Was that our budget first time around Gary?
VDH "in contract talks" on 16:13 - Dec 17 with 3385 viewsGaryjack

VDH "in contract talks" on 16:06 - Dec 17 by 34dfgdf54

Was that our budget first time around Gary?

I'd imagine it would have been around that figure, or even less! Problem we have now is that we have players who are used to being on much bigger wages so will be reluctant to negotiate downwards, compared to when we arrived in the Championship last time when we were able to offer increased wages in contract talks.
VDH "in contract talks" on 16:16 - Dec 17 with 3371 viewsLeonWasGod

VDH "in contract talks" on 15:55 - Dec 17 by Garyjack

Teams are paying a bit more than that (starting wage budgets in this league are about £150k per week, £8m per year). But yep, it's a big drop from where we were in the PL - a change in mindset needed!
VDH "in contract talks" on 16:19 - Dec 17 with 3355 viewsjasper_T

He's probably not on nearly the same money as our other senior players given that he signed his last contract as a backup/prospect after an unsuccessful spell at Ajax. They paid a fair wedge for him after a single breakthrough season at Utrecht, but he wouldn't have been on massive wages before we brought him in.

I'm sure we'll offer him McBurnie/Celina money but it depends what his aspirations are. If his agent has heard of interest elsewhere then there's no doubt places with the spending power to dwarf any offer we could realistically make.
VDH "in contract talks" on 16:23 - Dec 17 with 3340 viewsGaryjack

VDH "in contract talks" on 16:16 - Dec 17 by LeonWasGod

Teams are paying a bit more than that (starting wage budgets in this league are about £150k per week, £8m per year). But yep, it's a big drop from where we were in the PL - a change in mindset needed!

There are a lot of teams in this league that pay more, and that is why there are a lot of teams in debt. Do you think £8m on players wages is within our budget/income streams? I don't, i think that's well over!
Login to get fewer ads

VDH "in contract talks" on 18:29 - Dec 17 with 3173 viewsLoyal

Surely all our players had a relegation clause ...

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

VDH "in contract talks" on 18:43 - Dec 17 with 3150 viewsGaryjack

VDH "in contract talks" on 18:29 - Dec 17 by Loyal

That's not the point. I'm looking forward. And the simple fact is that in two years time we are going to have to manage mainly on money that the club generates itself. It's a whole new world!
VDH "in contract talks" on 18:57 - Dec 17 with 3108 viewsjasper_T

VDH "in contract talks" on 18:29 - Dec 17 by Loyal

Even the lower paid and development players, you think?
VDH "in contract talks" on 18:57 - Dec 17 with 3108 viewstheloneranger

VDH "in contract talks" on 14:11 - Dec 17 by Badlands

I believe his basic wage when he signed was £11K a week

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

VDH "in contract talks" on 21:16 - Dec 17 with 2915 viewsicecoldjack

Anyone seen his Q and A in the paper the other week ? Something tells me we're not the only ones talking to him, as his agent is probably looking to move him for more money, his best moments popped up on my you tube the other day too !

Crafty agent's at work indeed .

Hopefully he stays and sees his future here, buy come January there will be clubs like Bournmouth, Fulham,Cardiff,Huddersfield,Burnley and Southampton offering more to secure their premier league future .
VDH "in contract talks" on 02:55 - Dec 18 with 2657 viewsLoyal

VDH "in contract talks" on 21:16 - Dec 17 by icecoldjack

Anyone seen his Q and A in the paper the other week ? Something tells me we're not the only ones talking to him, as his agent is probably looking to move him for more money, his best moments popped up on my you tube the other day too !

Crafty agent's at work indeed .

Hopefully he stays and sees his future here, buy come January there will be clubs like Bournmouth, Fulham,Cardiff,Huddersfield,Burnley and Southampton offering more to secure their premier league future .

Well he will get relegated with three of them.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

VDH "in contract talks" on 05:22 - Dec 18 with 2632 viewsicecoldjack

But his relegation clause there may still give him a better wage than he gets here .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024