Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BBC... 22:44 - Dec 25 with 4896 viewsSwanzay

Why are the BBC calling people migrants and not refugees...?
BBC... on 23:53 - Dec 25 with 2581 viewsKilkennyjack

Different things ...?

Google says ....

A migrant is a person who makes a conscious choice to leave their country to seek a better life elsewhere. Before they decide to leave their country, migrants can seek information about their new home, study the language and explore employment opportunities. They can plan their travel, take their belongings with them and say goodbye to the important people in their lives. They are free to return home at any time if things don’t work out as they had hoped, if they get homesick or if they wish to visit family members and friends left behind.

Refugees are forced to leave their country because they are at risk of, or have experienced persecution. The concerns of refugees are human rights and safety, not economic advantage. They leave behind their homes, most or all of their belongings, family members and friends. Some are forced to flee with no warning and many have experienced significant trauma or been tortured or otherwise ill-treated. The journey to safety is fraught with hazard and many refugees risk their lives in search of protection. They cannot return unless the situation that forced them to leave improves. (RCOA)

Beware of the Risen People

BBC... on 00:37 - Dec 26 with 2556 viewsSwanzay

No one should be forced to leave their home....
BBC... on 00:43 - Dec 26 with 2554 viewsHighjack

The Beeb used to have a disclaimer underneath all its articles explaining what it meant by migrant. They seem to have dropped that recently.

Anyway under international law refugees should claim asylum in the first safe country they arrive at. So unless these chaps have come all the way from Iran in a dinghy then the bbc description is correct.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

BBC... on 01:20 - Dec 26 with 2541 viewsLohengrin

If you were to ask anybody outside of The Guardian’s editorial team and the interns at The Beeb to name something off the top of your head that Britain needs more of I can’t imagine anybody answering ‘more moslems,’ can you in all honesty?

The anger at at the disconnect between people I talk to and work with and the remote political class (for that is exactly how they are viewed, strangers, often perverse) is beginning to crackle like charged air before a thunderstorm. The next five years could hold anything...
[Post edited 26 Dec 2018 19:37]

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

BBC... on 01:42 - Dec 26 with 2535 viewsJack123

BBC... on 01:20 - Dec 26 by Lohengrin

If you were to ask anybody outside of The Guardian’s editorial team and the interns at The Beeb to name something off the top of your head that Britain needs more of I can’t imagine anybody answering ‘more moslems,’ can you in all honesty?

The anger at at the disconnect between people I talk to and work with and the remote political class (for that is exactly how they are viewed, strangers, often perverse) is beginning to crackle like charged air before a thunderstorm. The next five years could hold anything...

It will never end good allowing Muslims, to settle here in numbers!

libera nos a malo

BBC... on 02:44 - Dec 26 with 2525 viewsGroo

Probably because they are migrants, like those camped in Calais, they are migrants, not refugees.

Groo does what Groo does best

BBC... on 02:53 - Dec 26 with 2521 viewsDJack

Don't you identify as a "Christian"? If I'm correct where is your compassion ...and yet you talk of disconnect. JRM do us a favour and shut up.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

BBC... on 05:32 - Dec 26 with 2496 viewsjackrmee

BBC... on 01:42 - Dec 26 by Jack123

What a load of bollox. Some small minded idiots on here.
Muslims are some of the nicest people I ever met. People like you settling in numbers is what we're at risk of.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Login to get fewer ads

BBC... on 08:02 - Dec 26 with 2460 viewsKilkennyjack

For Loh -

Are the people you speak to Moslem at all ?

And as migrants tend to have little real power in their new country, what have they done to you and these people that you talk to ?
I mean - not paper talk - but real things in south Wales ..?
[Post edited 26 Dec 2018 8:03]

Beware of the Risen People

BBC... on 08:25 - Dec 26 with 2441 viewsWarwickHunt

BBC... on 01:42 - Dec 26 by Jack123

Make them learn English!
BBC... on 08:49 - Dec 26 with 2412 viewsDrizzy

This is Lohengrin, folks. In complete drunken transparency.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

BBC... on 09:14 - Dec 26 with 2385 viewsLeonWasGod

BBC... on 00:43 - Dec 26 by Highjack

The Beeb used to have a disclaimer underneath all its articles explaining what it meant by migrant. They seem to have dropped that recently.

Anyway under international law refugees should claim asylum in the first safe country they arrive at. So unless these chaps have come all the way from Iran in a dinghy then the bbc description is correct.

We’ve been having great fun in our amphibious dinghy this year 👍
BBC... on 12:01 - Dec 26 with 2322 viewsLoyal

BBC... on 05:32 - Dec 26 by jackrmee

What a load of bollox. Some small minded idiots on here.
Muslims are some of the nicest people I ever met. People like you settling in numbers is what we're at risk of.

Thing is the Brexit vote was generally based on the immigration question. The problem of course is that numerous terrorist offences committed by Muslims in the UK who have come here as our guests has seen hundreds of lives lost. Mostly British.
Had they not been here those families would not be grieving, hating and wanting change. Yes, some offences were and will be committed by UK based Muslims but try telling the people who are sympathetic to young innocent British lives being lost on our own soul that it is ok because they are generally nice people.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

BBC... on 12:10 - Dec 26 with 2310 viewsLeonWasGod

BBC... on 12:01 - Dec 26 by Loyal

Thing is the Brexit vote was generally based on the immigration question. The problem of course is that numerous terrorist offences committed by Muslims in the UK who have come here as our guests has seen hundreds of lives lost. Mostly British.
Had they not been here those families would not be grieving, hating and wanting change. Yes, some offences were and will be committed by UK based Muslims but try telling the people who are sympathetic to young innocent British lives being lost on our own soul that it is ok because they are generally nice people.

It'd be interesting to see the numbers, but I bet there have been many more terrorist offences in the UK during our lifetimes undertaken by people of a Christian background.

Not that I'm downplaying fundamentalist islamic types - it's a real enough problem.
BBC... on 19:45 - Dec 26 with 2234 viewsLohengrin

BBC... on 02:53 - Dec 26 by DJack

Don't you identify as a "Christian"? If I'm correct where is your compassion ...and yet you talk of disconnect. JRM do us a favour and shut up.

The Christianity of The Psalms not the Bloomsbury Anglicanism of endless self-debasement.

BBC... on 19:49 - Dec 26 with 2228 viewsLohengrin

BBC... on 08:49 - Dec 26 by Drizzy

This is Lohengrin, folks. In complete drunken transparency.

That made me laugh anyway, along with everybody else I showed your post to. Probably not the effect intended, but good manners bid me thank you all the same.

Ta.

BBC... on 19:55 - Dec 26 with 2221 viewsHumpty

BBC... on 19:45 - Dec 26 by Lohengrin

The Christianity of The Psalms not the Bloomsbury Anglicanism of endless self-debasement.

The Psalms is from the Old Testament isn't it?
BBC... on 20:02 - Dec 26 with 2211 viewsLohengrin

BBC... on 19:55 - Dec 26 by Humpty

The Psalms is from the Old Testament isn't it?

Truth be told, Hump, what you and I would recognise as The Psalms, the language with which we’re familiar, dates from the 17th Century.

BBC... on 20:08 - Dec 26 with 2204 viewsHumpty

BBC... on 20:02 - Dec 26 by Lohengrin

Truth be told, Hump, what you and I would recognise as The Psalms, the language with which we’re familiar, dates from the 17th Century.

You mean the King James bible? I'm not taking the piss, I haven't looked at a bible since I was no longer made to, which was a very long time ago.

I just checked, it is the OT.
BBC... on 20:10 - Dec 26 with 2202 viewsLohengrin

BBC... on 20:08 - Dec 26 by Humpty

You mean the King James bible? I'm not taking the piss, I haven't looked at a bible since I was no longer made to, which was a very long time ago.

I just checked, it is the OT.

I always refer to The King James Bible, Hump. It’s everything.

BBC... on 20:12 - Dec 26 with 2197 viewsexiledclaseboy

BBC... on 20:10 - Dec 26 by Lohengrin

Aye. Possibly the first example of spin doctoring on a mass scale.

Poll: Tory leader

BBC... on 20:12 - Dec 26 with 2194 viewsHumpty

BBC... on 20:10 - Dec 26 by Lohengrin

So you're the type of Christian who likes the bible before Christ was involved in it?

I know they won't let you join but your more of a Jew than a Christian really.
BBC... on 20:22 - Dec 26 with 2188 viewsLohengrin

BBC... on 20:12 - Dec 26 by exiledclaseboy

Aye. Possibly the first example of spin doctoring on a mass scale.

It’s the apotheosis of beauty, Clase. The Word in all its majesty.

BBC... on 20:23 - Dec 26 with 2186 viewsLohengrin

BBC... on 20:12 - Dec 26 by Humpty

So you're the type of Christian who likes the bible before Christ was involved in it?

I know they won't let you join but your more of a Jew than a Christian really.

I’ve never applied, Hump.

BBC... on 20:25 - Dec 26 with 2181 viewsexiledclaseboy

BBC... on 20:22 - Dec 26 by Lohengrin

It’s the apotheosis of beauty, Clase. The Word in all its majesty.

You’ve been at the mead again.

Poll: Tory leader

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024