Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McBurnie 19:58 - Dec 26 with 20908 viewslatchford

what a joke. The worst centre forward the club has ever had
McBurnie on 09:52 - Jan 28 with 2248 viewsLeonWasGod

McBurnie on 16:10 - Jan 27 by hobo

Even if we don't include his two well taken goals, I thought he was superb yesterday. As Potter said, it's easy to forget that this is his first full season!

Clear man of the match for me. Quiet 2nd half in comparison, but was head and shoulders above everyone else in the first half. He's so much more than 'just' a striker.

I'm not knocking the guy, but he seems to have a very obvious ceiling. Lower championship teams and below he can run the show on his own. When he comes up against a big strong, well-organised defence, he can get marked out of the game far too easily.

I don't think sending him out on loan had any effect on relegation. He looked nowhere near a PL player last season and it proved to us he was going to be able to cut it in the Championship. This is his highest level at the moment for me though.
McBurnie on 12:56 - Jan 28 with 2143 viewsTaliesin

If we'd sent Abraham back to Chelsea and kept Oli we would have stayed up.
McBurnie on 13:06 - Jan 28 with 2107 viewsBadlands

McBurnie on 12:56 - Jan 28 by Taliesin

If we'd sent Abraham back to Chelsea and kept Oli we would have stayed up.

No we wouldn't.
Ollie is a good Championship goal scorer but by no mens a great one (chances missed and being in the wrong position massively outweighs his goals or 'hot target').
He is not a Premier League goalscorer an IMO probably never ill be.
Happy enough he's doing well now though.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2019 13:07]

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

McBurnie on 13:18 - Jan 28 with 2086 viewsItchySphincter

McBurnie on 13:06 - Jan 28 by Badlands

No we wouldn't.
Ollie is a good Championship goal scorer but by no mens a great one (chances missed and being in the wrong position massively outweighs his goals or 'hot target').
He is not a Premier League goalscorer an IMO probably never ill be.
Happy enough he's doing well now though.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2019 13:07]

Stick him in any team that creates chances and he will score, at any level.

We’ve been shite at creating for the last few years and socks is a victim of that. He is good enough to come deep and make things happen but then unfortunately gets caught a bit short when we do carve out a chance. Not his fault in my opinion.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

McBurnie on 13:24 - Jan 28 with 2070 viewsbuilthjack

McBurnie on 09:52 - Jan 28 by LeonWasGod

Clear man of the match for me. Quiet 2nd half in comparison, but was head and shoulders above everyone else in the first half. He's so much more than 'just' a striker.

I'm not knocking the guy, but he seems to have a very obvious ceiling. Lower championship teams and below he can run the show on his own. When he comes up against a big strong, well-organised defence, he can get marked out of the game far too easily.

I don't think sending him out on loan had any effect on relegation. He looked nowhere near a PL player last season and it proved to us he was going to be able to cut it in the Championship. This is his highest level at the moment for me though.

I have a feeling he will be bullied tomorrow night. Hope not though.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

McBurnie on 13:28 - Jan 28 with 2060 viewsjasper_T

He seems to need a 9 ahead of him to play his best and find space, which is a bit concerning as we have few options there but plenty of other 10s (Celina, McKay, Byers). The games where he's looked top class he's usually had CBR leading the line or been up against no genuine centre halves (Leeds).
McBurnie on 13:31 - Jan 28 with 2049 viewsvetchonian

McBurnie on 13:24 - Jan 28 by builthjack

I have a feeling he will be bullied tomorrow night. Hope not though.

He gets bullied most games,Villa at home Boxing Day the centrhealves were all over him,jumping on him,pulling his shirt, his shorts, elbows flying in to him.....its hapening most games he has learnt to "deal" with it now compared to earlier in the season.

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

McBurnie on 09:44 - Jan 30 with 1825 viewsjackrmee

15 goals and counting...

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Login to get fewer ads

McBurnie on 11:40 - Jan 30 with 1745 viewsandypitt56

hasn't he scored 20 odd goals in 40 appearances. Not bad lad.
McBurnie on 11:46 - Jan 30 with 1726 viewsunion_jack

McBurnie on 11:40 - Jan 30 by andypitt56

hasn't he scored 20 odd goals in 40 appearances. Not bad lad.

Awful record. Terrible player. Not worth the salary we are paying.

And I’m going to keep to that script until 11-00 pm tomorrow😄

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

McBurnie on 13:08 - Jan 30 with 1626 viewsBadlands

Well done McBurnie.
But still infuriates with the opportunities he misses.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

McBurnie on 09:46 - Jan 31 with 1415 viewsjackrmee

Just been named in Sky team of the month> Highest rating of the lot too.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11688/11622474/sky-bet-championship-stat

"Striker: Oli McBurnie, Swansea - 8.36
Scotland international McBurnie endured a difficult end to 2018 but he has been a different animal altogether in the New Year, scoring five times in three league appearances and a further brace in the FA Cup. With an assist to his name against Birmingham to boot, the young striker has led the line superbly for the Swans, converting 71.4 per cent of his total attempts at goal in the league last month."

Sorry to keep dragging this thread on, but I love the guy and the OP pi$sed me off so much haha.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

McBurnie on 12:04 - Jan 31 with 1356 viewsLeonWasGod

McBurnie on 09:46 - Jan 31 by jackrmee

Just been named in Sky team of the month> Highest rating of the lot too.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11688/11622474/sky-bet-championship-stat

"Striker: Oli McBurnie, Swansea - 8.36
Scotland international McBurnie endured a difficult end to 2018 but he has been a different animal altogether in the New Year, scoring five times in three league appearances and a further brace in the FA Cup. With an assist to his name against Birmingham to boot, the young striker has led the line superbly for the Swans, converting 71.4 per cent of his total attempts at goal in the league last month."

Sorry to keep dragging this thread on, but I love the guy and the OP pi$sed me off so much haha.

Nah, keep bigging him up while he's doing well as fans are quick enough to turn on players when they struggle.. He was great on Tuesday again. He's had a good week.

The only surprise is we haven't sold him yet!
McBurnie on 12:11 - Jan 31 with 1327 viewsmonmouth

McBurnie on 12:04 - Jan 31 by LeonWasGod

Nah, keep bigging him up while he's doing well as fans are quick enough to turn on players when they struggle.. He was great on Tuesday again. He's had a good week.

The only surprise is we haven't sold him yet!

Have we had any offers........

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

McBurnie on 12:54 - Jan 31 with 1259 viewslonglostjack

McBurnie on 12:11 - Jan 31 by monmouth

Reading have offered a couple of vouchers from Waitrose which the Yanks are seriously considering.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

McBurnie on 15:02 - Jan 31 with 1165 viewsLeonWasGod

McBurnie on 12:11 - Jan 31 by monmouth

Straight swap with Roland Lamah apparently... (maybe I shouldn't joke )
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024