Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I watched your game yesterday 11:21 - Dec 27 with 4469 viewsBlue_Blood

I know you all don't give a feck what I think and I'll probably be showered with abuse, but I'll post anyway.

Firstly I think Potter is the right man for the job and if the board and the fans stick with him he'll almost certainly get it right and you'll be knocking on the door again soon enough.

I think the job that Potter is doing has some parallels with what Daniel Farke was doing at Norwich last season. Norwich looked good in spells last season but were unable to sustain it for 90 minutes and were too easy to undo.

I've watched you a few times this season including the Norwich game and what struck me is how little teams have to work to score against you.

At times it looks too easy for you. You dominated the first half yesterday with your passing and movement but what you don't seem to be able to do is change the tempo at all.

I thought Grimes was good yesterday but I'm not sure what Fulton and Fer brought alongside him.

Fer looked brilliant against Leeds but every time I've watched him since I don't know what he's doing. The one thing he brought to the Leeds performance was a bit of energy and power but now he just looks to be cruising.

It was always gonna be difficult with so much inexperience in your first season back in the championship but I do believe that Potter will bring in players that fit his style both on amd off the pitch and it's just a matter of patience.

I watched your game yesterday on 11:56 - Dec 27 with 3669 viewsjackrabbit

That's a very fair analysis. Swans are very much a work in progress, and patches of intricate passing with no resulting assault on the opposition goal, are nice to watch but little consolation to results like yesterday's. We seem to have nobody able to shoot at goal. Apart from Bony's appalling penalty attempt, I thought he was badly at fault just before that, when Dyer set him up with a shooting opportunity smack in front of goal. He should have buried it. Instead, the ball was directed harmlessly straight into the welcoming arms of the stationary goalkeeper. A top class striker finds the space either side of the goalkeeper. Our goals-for tally speaks for itself. This may be a statement of the bleedin' obvious, but until we address our goal scoring deficiency, we are going to suffer results like yesterday's. I had no confidence in our ability to level the score.
I watched your game yesterday on 11:58 - Dec 27 with 3656 viewscontroversial_jack

That's a good post, especially the bit about how easy it is to score against us. We are too predicable and too slow.Managers have sussed us out and just let us have the possession knowing it's not going to hurt them.
I watched your game yesterday on 12:08 - Dec 27 with 3613 viewspencoedjack

Why are you watching Swansea when they are playing the same time as your shower of shite?
I watched your game yesterday on 12:09 - Dec 27 with 3611 viewsJinxy

I watched your game yesterday on 11:56 - Dec 27 by jackrabbit

That's a very fair analysis. Swans are very much a work in progress, and patches of intricate passing with no resulting assault on the opposition goal, are nice to watch but little consolation to results like yesterday's. We seem to have nobody able to shoot at goal. Apart from Bony's appalling penalty attempt, I thought he was badly at fault just before that, when Dyer set him up with a shooting opportunity smack in front of goal. He should have buried it. Instead, the ball was directed harmlessly straight into the welcoming arms of the stationary goalkeeper. A top class striker finds the space either side of the goalkeeper. Our goals-for tally speaks for itself. This may be a statement of the bleedin' obvious, but until we address our goal scoring deficiency, we are going to suffer results like yesterday's. I had no confidence in our ability to level the score.

Yes that shot by Bony was disappointing, given that he side-footed it, which means he had time and intent to place it, as opposed to put his foot through it. Basics for a striker I suppose (power or placement - he did neither). I am certain he'll be moved on in Jan.

We have to persist with the players that will be more likely than not stay with us and develop over the next few seasons under GP, which is why Rodon must be rested, but be above CCV (as a loan player) in the pecking order, even if CCV will do a better job for now. CCV should be seen as back-up, alongside good influences and clubmen like Routledge.

p.s. I totally agree with the OP, and look forward to the derbies, preferably in the PL!
I watched your game yesterday on 12:11 - Dec 27 with 3597 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Excellent post, bang on the money.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

I watched your game yesterday on 13:05 - Dec 27 with 3465 viewsvalleyboy

I’m not so sure if Potter can bring the right players in the January transfer window

If he had anything remotely to do with bringing in Asoro and Carter-Vickers, then the answer is no

The first can’t do the simple basics of playing football

The other a centrehalf, that can’t jump more than 20cm and looks to be at least 5kg overweight if not more. He has no long term future at Spurs and they must be looking for a dull enough club to take him off their hands
I watched your game yesterday on 13:23 - Dec 27 with 3417 viewsItchySphincter

I agree with the parallel with Farke. I’ve been thinking/hoping it might be the case for a while. At the end of next season we’ll know exactly what he’s all about.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

I watched your game yesterday on 14:43 - Dec 27 with 3295 viewsmonmouth

I watched your game yesterday on 13:23 - Dec 27 by ItchySphincter

I agree with the parallel with Farke. I’ve been thinking/hoping it might be the case for a while. At the end of next season we’ll know exactly what he’s all about.

So let’s hope we are well and truly farked?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

I watched your game yesterday on 17:06 - Dec 27 with 3060 viewsBlue_Blood

I watched your game yesterday on 12:08 - Dec 27 by pencoedjack

Why are you watching Swansea when they are playing the same time as your shower of shite?

Because I feel like throwing my laptop through the window when my dodgy stream freezes every 30 seconds and you were on sky so I put it on.
I watched your game yesterday on 17:12 - Dec 27 with 3041 viewsjohnlangy

I watched your game yesterday on 17:06 - Dec 27 by Blue_Blood

Because I feel like throwing my laptop through the window when my dodgy stream freezes every 30 seconds and you were on sky so I put it on.

Well I appreciated the unbiased opinion anyway .
I watched your game yesterday on 17:16 - Dec 27 with 3019 viewsBlue_Blood

I watched your game yesterday on 13:23 - Dec 27 by ItchySphincter

When we played Norwich at our place last season they battered us for 45 minutes. Josh Murphy was unplayable and Nelson Oliviera squandered a pile of chances. Second half however was a completely different game and a simple tactical change from Warnock and we won 3-1.

It was the same at Carrow Road. They had all the play and we scored 2 goals in the last few minutes and robbed the points.

I think Farke has realised how important resilience is in the championship. If you look at our team, we're not the prettiest by any stretch of the imagination but we are packed with leaders and our resilience is off the scale.

It's gonna be hard for you to add experience with the model you seem to be following without it costing a lot of money but you're gonna have to find some strong characters to supplement the talent of James, Rodon, Grimes etc if you're gonna challenge.

The positive for you is that if you is that the style you're adopting will lend itself to foreign markets or even loan players like Ampadu.
I watched your game yesterday on 17:18 - Dec 27 with 3013 viewssainthelens

Dodgy stream? You meant team surely.
I watched your game yesterday on 17:48 - Dec 27 with 2909 viewsBrynmill_Jack

I watched your game yesterday on 17:16 - Dec 27 by Blue_Blood

When we played Norwich at our place last season they battered us for 45 minutes. Josh Murphy was unplayable and Nelson Oliviera squandered a pile of chances. Second half however was a completely different game and a simple tactical change from Warnock and we won 3-1.

It was the same at Carrow Road. They had all the play and we scored 2 goals in the last few minutes and robbed the points.

I think Farke has realised how important resilience is in the championship. If you look at our team, we're not the prettiest by any stretch of the imagination but we are packed with leaders and our resilience is off the scale.

It's gonna be hard for you to add experience with the model you seem to be following without it costing a lot of money but you're gonna have to find some strong characters to supplement the talent of James, Rodon, Grimes etc if you're gonna challenge.

The positive for you is that if you is that the style you're adopting will lend itself to foreign markets or even loan players like Ampadu.

Can't argue with any of that. An older dog of a midfielder (even now Britton could fulfil this role but he's had enough) , a winger, full back and two good centre halves and we could definitely sneak top 6. You're definitely right about the loan market and being attractive to big clubs with our style of play.

Leadership for our young talented players is non existent , Van Der Hoorn and Fer seem to be coasting out of the club and to be honest the sooner both f*ck off the better.

We are where we are after Jenkins committed financial suicide with regards to the wages of both Ayews and Bony , not to mention the hideous initial outlay. That in a nutshell is what's p*ssing off 90% plus of the fan base.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

I watched your game yesterday on 18:09 - Dec 27 with 2866 viewsvalleyboy

I watched your game yesterday on 17:16 - Dec 27 by Blue_Blood

Yes I totally agree with you that Roden, James and Grimes are good enough for this division and maybe can even go further

What is needed is a few taller, harder players to give that extra bite to the team

If as I hear there’s more nasty medicine to come. Where is the money going to come to get players in

The way I see it is that Swansea will have to sell before they can buy as these hedge fund owners of Swansea won’t put money in

It’s against all what they stand for

Self financing is what they believe is the way forward
I watched your game yesterday on 19:36 - Dec 27 with 2748 viewsBlue_Blood

I watched your game yesterday on 17:48 - Dec 27 by Brynmill_Jack

Can't argue with any of that. An older dog of a midfielder (even now Britton could fulfil this role but he's had enough) , a winger, full back and two good centre halves and we could definitely sneak top 6. You're definitely right about the loan market and being attractive to big clubs with our style of play.

Leadership for our young talented players is non existent , Van Der Hoorn and Fer seem to be coasting out of the club and to be honest the sooner both f*ck off the better.

We are where we are after Jenkins committed financial suicide with regards to the wages of both Ayews and Bony , not to mention the hideous initial outlay. That in a nutshell is what's p*ssing off 90% plus of the fan base.

I don't think you necessarily need that much from what I have seen.

You definitely need an experienced leader somewhere in the midfield. Someone like that Mcginn would have been ideal.

I know Ryan Woods isn't really pulling up trees at Stoke but horses for courses and he would have been brilliant in Potters system. Joe Allen would be an obvious choice and perhaps Stoke will cash in if they don't go up this year. Ironically someone like Harry Arter would be perfect in your team.

I don't think centre backs should be your priority and I would kind of write off this season and bring through Rodon and Cian Harris.

Shame about Jack Evans (obviously football is far from the most important thing for him right now) I really think he could have broke through this season.

McKay and Celina are decent but they don't seem to want to do the other side of the game.

I came to watch Rabbi Matondo play against your u23s and a player that really impressed me for Man City was Adrian Bernabe. Maybe he could be a loan option for you. He's in the mould of David Silva.

I'd like you to go back in for the lad Nmecha. I know it didn't work out at Preston but they play a lot differently to you lot.
I watched your game yesterday on 19:44 - Dec 27 with 2727 viewslegoman

VPN set to Netherlands is the way to go my blue friend

"M'sieur, you said your dog did not bite!" "That's not my dog"

I watched your game yesterday on 19:56 - Dec 27 with 2700 viewsjasper_T

I watched your game yesterday on 19:36 - Dec 27 by Blue_Blood

I don't think you necessarily need that much from what I have seen.

You definitely need an experienced leader somewhere in the midfield. Someone like that Mcginn would have been ideal.

I know Ryan Woods isn't really pulling up trees at Stoke but horses for courses and he would have been brilliant in Potters system. Joe Allen would be an obvious choice and perhaps Stoke will cash in if they don't go up this year. Ironically someone like Harry Arter would be perfect in your team.

I don't think centre backs should be your priority and I would kind of write off this season and bring through Rodon and Cian Harris.

Shame about Jack Evans (obviously football is far from the most important thing for him right now) I really think he could have broke through this season.

McKay and Celina are decent but they don't seem to want to do the other side of the game.

I came to watch Rabbi Matondo play against your u23s and a player that really impressed me for Man City was Adrian Bernabe. Maybe he could be a loan option for you. He's in the mould of David Silva.

I'd like you to go back in for the lad Nmecha. I know it didn't work out at Preston but they play a lot differently to you lot.

Jack Evans would have been in the side by now imo. Not the quickest (no less mobile than Fulton) but reads the game like a defender, while still being a capable ball-player. Would fit our current style perfectly. Not many like him about even at U23s level.

Hamza Choudhury at Leicester was very good in that sort of role when we played them last season. No surprise he's breaking into their first team now. He can come here if he wants regular games, though.
I watched your game yesterday on 20:10 - Dec 27 with 2649 viewsBlue_Blood

I watched your game yesterday on 19:56 - Dec 27 by jasper_T

Jack Evans would have been in the side by now imo. Not the quickest (no less mobile than Fulton) but reads the game like a defender, while still being a capable ball-player. Would fit our current style perfectly. Not many like him about even at U23s level.

Hamza Choudhury at Leicester was very good in that sort of role when we played them last season. No surprise he's breaking into their first team now. He can come here if he wants regular games, though.

I was really impressed with Man City down your place this season. Their team was mostly made up of 16-18 year olds but they completely took size out of the game with exceptional movement. Particularly Bernabe and I think it was Iker Pozo who played in the Fernandinho role
I watched your game yesterday on 20:29 - Dec 27 with 2591 viewsBlue_Blood

I watched your game yesterday on 19:44 - Dec 27 by legoman

VPN set to Netherlands is the way to go my blue friend

Thank you mate
I watched your game yesterday on 20:31 - Dec 27 with 2591 viewsjasper_T

I watched your game yesterday on 20:10 - Dec 27 by Blue_Blood

I was really impressed with Man City down your place this season. Their team was mostly made up of 16-18 year olds but they completely took size out of the game with exceptional movement. Particularly Bernabe and I think it was Iker Pozo who played in the Fernandinho role

They were good last season at their place when we robbed them with a last minute Kenji Gorre goal. Matondo played, Matt Smith ran the show. Very young side.

They're getting what they pay for, for sure.
I watched your game yesterday on 20:35 - Dec 27 with 2573 viewsvalleyboy

I watched your game yesterday on 20:10 - Dec 27 by Blue_Blood

Yes you can take size out of full backs, midfield players and wide players if you have potentially very gifted players

Only the big boys trawls the World over to find them and then to get them signed up

Who is this youngster from Merthyr that’s coming through you Accadamy then

I have heard a lot about this boy
I watched your game yesterday on 20:44 - Dec 27 with 2553 viewsBlue_Blood

I watched your game yesterday on 20:35 - Dec 27 by valleyboy

Yes you can take size out of full backs, midfield players and wide players if you have potentially very gifted players

Only the big boys trawls the World over to find them and then to get them signed up

What lad from Merthyr?

Sion Spence is very highly rated, as is the lad they call Taz. I'm not sure about a lad from Merthyr though. There's a kid I watched at u14 level not long ago and he's the best I've seen for a long time. He was like Steven Gerrard!
I watched your game yesterday on 20:54 - Dec 27 with 2530 viewsBlue_Blood

I watched your game yesterday on 20:35 - Dec 27 by valleyboy

I don't think that's always the case. A lot of Chelsea players have been at the club since they were 7 years old like Mason Mount. Then players like Alexander Arnold, Harry Wilson, Ben Woodburn, Rhian Brewster all came through Liverpool's academy from young.

You have the opportunity to do the same now that your Category 1 and there is a fair catchment area where only Cardiff and Swansea compete.

Cardiff have always scouted really well but I don't see how it can translate when you have players playing Colchester u23s then are expected to step into the first team and at the likes of Chelsea or Tottenham!
I watched your game yesterday on 11:39 - Dec 28 with 2214 viewsLoyal

I watched your game yesterday on 20:54 - Dec 27 by Blue_Blood

I don't think that's always the case. A lot of Chelsea players have been at the club since they were 7 years old like Mason Mount. Then players like Alexander Arnold, Harry Wilson, Ben Woodburn, Rhian Brewster all came through Liverpool's academy from young.

You have the opportunity to do the same now that your Category 1 and there is a fair catchment area where only Cardiff and Swansea compete.

Cardiff have always scouted really well but I don't see how it can translate when you have players playing Colchester u23s then are expected to step into the first team and at the likes of Chelsea or Tottenham!

As you say horses for courses, but don't forget the amount of players taken from off your door step by the swans is embarrassing.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

I watched your game yesterday on 12:49 - Dec 28 with 2141 viewsvalleyboy

I watched your game yesterday on 11:39 - Dec 28 by Loyal

As you say horses for courses, but don't forget the amount of players taken from off your door step by the swans is embarrassing.

But how many of those young players taken from around Cardiff have come through to play League Football???

Perhaps Cardiff did the right thing and let them go to wherever
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024