Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fer / James 02:06 - Feb 1 with 4223 views34dfgdf54

Right, what happened?

I gave up and went to bed. I was not expecting this?!

I’m obviously over the moon, but somethings not right, did Jenkins say “f*ck it” and double cross his superiors?! Has Potter threatened to walk?! Mental day.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2019 2:07]
Fer / James on 02:09 - Feb 1 with 3322 viewsjack247

Nobody knows. Jenkins? Potter? The board deemed getting 3 big earners in Bony, Montero and Carroll off the books was enough?

Either way it’s been yet another shambles of a window, no incomings and we’ve seriously pissed off one of our best young talents.
Fer / James on 02:11 - Feb 1 with 3318 viewsandrew

Doubt he’s that p*ssed off to be honest. New contract will sort that out anyway.

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Fer / James on 05:58 - Feb 1 with 3100 viewsSomethingRandom

Potter certainly made his feelings known in the press conference

Jog on, Kitty...

Fer / James on 07:09 - Feb 1 with 2895 viewsItchySphincter

Ha ha! Gutted about Jeff but funny as f*ck in some ways.

Welcome to the Swansea City rollercoaster! What a club!
[Post edited 1 Feb 2019 8:30]

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Fer / James on 07:36 - Feb 1 with 2687 viewsCaptain_Sham

So 24 hrs after saying " I am 100% commited to this football club " The spin is now that Potter threatened to walk. You guys just cant let it go. Sad.

Its just a ride.

Fer / James on 07:39 - Feb 1 with 2662 viewsmagicdaps10

Fer / James on 07:36 - Feb 1 by Captain_Sham

So 24 hrs after saying " I am 100% commited to this football club " The spin is now that Potter threatened to walk. You guys just cant let it go. Sad.

Where has someone stated that?

You are a right priick aye Sham. The only spin I see here is you turning things about Potter.

Tell us, what do you know? Thought so.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Fer / James on 07:44 - Feb 1 with 2626 viewsjackrmee

Good to see these two staying. I'd like to think they both wanted to stay and with Jeff, Carroll and Wilf gone the board decided that they didn't need to sell on anyone else's terms.
Doesn't mean we will keep them after the summer, but there's more of a chance. I think the Yanks may have escaped some proper action by the fans with this last ditch lucky/clever move.
Here's hoping Leeds don't go up and both these players sign decent contracts with us in the summer.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Fer / James on 07:50 - Feb 1 with 2549 viewsHeadmaster

There's clearly conflict in the board judging by that Leeds journalist's tweets. If Levien had his way, we could have lost James, Fer, Bony, Carroll and Montero all in one day without any replacements.
Login to get fewer ads

Fer / James on 07:50 - Feb 1 with 2545 viewsKilkennyjack

Fer / James on 02:11 - Feb 1 by andrew

Doubt he’s that p*ssed off to be honest. New contract will sort that out anyway.

Sorry - you are talking about a 20 year old lad.

He wont know how to deal with such public disappointment.
Messed around by the grown ups.
Likely to be embarressed.

Good job we have Potter.

Beware of the Risen People

Fer / James on 07:53 - Feb 1 with 2525 viewsTNT

Got up this morning, snow was down... James still here... Carroll gone - I thought it was Christmas!

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Fer / James on 07:55 - Feb 1 with 2489 views34dfgdf54

Fer / James on 07:36 - Feb 1 by Captain_Sham

Can you read? I'm starting to think you look quite similar to the fella in your display pic.
Fer / James on 07:56 - Feb 1 with 2482 viewsShaky

The fact remains that the contracts for both Fer and James are up this summer.

If we are to deal in conspiracy theories I would at this stage be more inclined to believe that both players have stuck informal agreements with their prospective employers as of next season.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Fer / James on 07:56 - Feb 1 with 2480 viewsLeonWasGod

Nobody knows what happened. The Yorkshire Post guy seemed to be giving the most detail on Twitter. According to him the Lids owner & Levein were the two to agree the deal. Then DJ sat up there for5/6 hours as contact went dead and “another party” from us blocked the deal.

I doubt Potter was that closely involved and assume it was left in Huw’s hands. But we don’t know. Kaplan is the only other i can think of, but i’d be surprised if he went against his partner.

There was a screenshot of an apparent WhatsApp message between ollie and his brother that suggested DJ was trying to speak to Huw. That could be made up of course, but again suggests it was Huw involved in the blocking.

Why? Don’t know. Could be Wilf/Montero//Carroll going was seen as enough financially. Or it was a straw too far for Huw. Or he hated the terms (reported Lids wanted to pay loan fee in the summer). Or the reaction from fans rocked them? Who knows?
Fer / James on 08:02 - Feb 1 with 2436 viewsHeadmaster

Here's a quote from that journalist's article:

"Swansea are in a delicate state, moreso than ever after their relegation from the Premier League, and yesterday shaped up to be the deadline-day-from-hell for them. By early afternoon they looked poised to relinquish James, Wilfried Bony, Leroy Fer and Jefferson Montero, an exodus which was asking for mutiny amongst their support.

Swansea owner Jason Levien is understood to have approved the sale of James directly with Andrea Radrizzani as part of an attempt to ease financial pressure and cut City’s wage bill but some in the boardroom at Swansea were opposed to the prospect of losing players as prominent as James and Fer. Shortly after it emerged that James’ transfer had fallen through, the plug was pulled on Fer’s proposed switch to Aston Villa. Midnight passed and City released a statement claiming they and Leeds "could not agree suitable terms".
Fer / James on 08:04 - Feb 1 with 2414 viewsAngelRangelQS

Fer / James on 07:56 - Feb 1 by Shaky

If we are to deal in conspiracy theories I would at this stage be more inclined to believe that both players have stuck informal agreements with their prospective employers as of next season.

You’re wrong with James. He has 18 months on his contract
Fer / James on 08:04 - Feb 1 with 2398 viewsItchySphincter

James’s isn’t.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Fer / James on 08:25 - Feb 1 with 2295 viewsjackrmee

James' isn't up in the summer and Fer decided to stay by all accounts, so no.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Fer / James on 08:28 - Feb 1 with 2260 viewsjackrmee

Fer / James on 07:56 - Feb 1 by LeonWasGod

Nobody knows what happened. The Yorkshire Post guy seemed to be giving the most detail on Twitter. According to him the Lids owner & Levein were the two to agree the deal. Then DJ sat up there for5/6 hours as contact went dead and “another party” from us blocked the deal.

I doubt Potter was that closely involved and assume it was left in Huw’s hands. But we don’t know. Kaplan is the only other i can think of, but i’d be surprised if he went against his partner.

There was a screenshot of an apparent WhatsApp message between ollie and his brother that suggested DJ was trying to speak to Huw. That could be made up of course, but again suggests it was Huw involved in the blocking.

Why? Don’t know. Could be Wilf/Montero//Carroll going was seen as enough financially. Or it was a straw too far for Huw. Or he hated the terms (reported Lids wanted to pay loan fee in the summer). Or the reaction from fans rocked them? Who knows?

Would take someone with more clout that Potter to block an agreement by Levien shirley?
I would have thought it would have to be Huw. Must have pissed the Yanks off if that's the case and will get the boot most probs. This is bound to come out in the wash if that Hay guy is right.

Fer / James on 08:31 - Feb 1 with 2216 viewsShaky

Fer / James on 08:04 - Feb 1 by ItchySphincter

James’s isn’t.

In that case both Tranfermarket and Wikipedia are wrong.

in the latter case citing this: http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/swansea-city-under-21s-keston-davies-dan

Misology -- It's a bitch

Fer / James on 08:39 - Feb 1 with 2168 viewsjackeinstein

Fer / James on 08:25 - Feb 1 by jackrmee

James' isn't up in the summer and Fer decided to stay by all accounts, so no.

Fer failed his medical Fact
Dan James looks like he got royaly F**ked over but huw Feel sorry for him being made to look a clown cant say that's going to help to persuade him to sign a new contract
Fer / James on 08:41 - Feb 1 with 2146 viewsjackrmee

Fer / James on 08:39 - Feb 1 by jackeinstein

Fer failed his medical Fact
Dan James looks like he got royaly F**ked over but huw Feel sorry for him being made to look a clown cant say that's going to help to persuade him to sign a new contract

I'm not gonna even bother replying to that...
Oops

Fer / James on 08:42 - Feb 1 with 2130 viewsTom1912

Fer / James on 08:31 - Feb 1 by Shaky

In that case both Tranfermarket and Wikipedia are wrong.

in the latter case citing this: http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/swansea-city-under-21s-keston-davies-dan

They are wrong.

Why would be negotiating with Leeds the option to buy in the summer if his contract is up?
Fer / James on 08:46 - Feb 1 with 2075 viewsShaky

Fer / James on 08:42 - Feb 1 by Tom1912

They are wrong.

Why would be negotiating with Leeds the option to buy in the summer if his contract is up?

OK.

But the club announced James signed a 3 year contract in February 2016.

Where and when did they announce the extension?

Misology -- It's a bitch

Fer / James on 08:53 - Feb 1 with 2030 viewsShaky

I'm not saying that this is a repeat, but wasn't there a case when Jenkins ballsed up something to do with contract lengths a few years ago?

Somebody refresh my memory??

Misology -- It's a bitch

Fer / James on 08:54 - Feb 1 with 2014 viewsBryanSwan

Fer / James on 08:02 - Feb 1 by Headmaster

Here's a quote from that journalist's article:

"Swansea are in a delicate state, moreso than ever after their relegation from the Premier League, and yesterday shaped up to be the deadline-day-from-hell for them. By early afternoon they looked poised to relinquish James, Wilfried Bony, Leroy Fer and Jefferson Montero, an exodus which was asking for mutiny amongst their support.

Swansea owner Jason Levien is understood to have approved the sale of James directly with Andrea Radrizzani as part of an attempt to ease financial pressure and cut City’s wage bill but some in the boardroom at Swansea were opposed to the prospect of losing players as prominent as James and Fer. Shortly after it emerged that James’ transfer had fallen through, the plug was pulled on Fer’s proposed switch to Aston Villa. Midnight passed and City released a statement claiming they and Leeds "could not agree suitable terms".

This fits in well with the Americans being greedy.
Still wanting to cash in even after we had managed to shift Bony who is on huge wages and Montero who must be on something way more than James.
Feel for James though, been thoroughly messed around.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024