Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
WAG getting Income Tax powers 17:44 - Apr 6 with 4562 viewsrockinjk

Only one way taxes are going to go:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-47787228

The talking shop will no doubt recruit many more bureaucrats to help "raise" the income.
WAG getting Income Tax powers on 17:54 - Apr 6 with 3491 viewsWingstandwood

Seen that on the news last night, absolutely scares the sh1t out of me because it'll be the rest of Wales being taxed to spend on the next, next next (and next after that) Cardiff project.

Oh and taxes to pay for yet more 'third-sector' quango appointees by means of jobs-for-the-boys political patronage.

Argus!

WAG getting Income Tax powers on 18:05 - Apr 6 with 3466 viewsrockinjk

WAG getting Income Tax powers on 17:54 - Apr 6 by Wingstandwood

Seen that on the news last night, absolutely scares the sh1t out of me because it'll be the rest of Wales being taxed to spend on the next, next next (and next after that) Cardiff project.

Oh and taxes to pay for yet more 'third-sector' quango appointees by means of jobs-for-the-boys political patronage.

Yep, it'll be more jobs for the boys (and girls) wealth creation will drift to Bristol etc.

If they were to lower then we could benefit, but that simply isn't going to happen with the red wall in the Bay
WAG getting Income Tax powers on 19:30 - Apr 6 with 3425 viewsmajorraglan

WAG getting Income Tax powers on 18:05 - Apr 6 by rockinjk

Yep, it'll be more jobs for the boys (and girls) wealth creation will drift to Bristol etc.

If they were to lower then we could benefit, but that simply isn't going to happen with the red wall in the Bay

I agree, the reason they want income ax powers is to be able to wise money and spend it. I don’t mind paying a bit of extra tax for decent public services and hospitals but I am not convinced that would be what we’d get.
WAG getting Income Tax powers on 19:31 - Apr 6 with 3423 viewsDr_Winston

WAG getting Income Tax powers on 19:30 - Apr 6 by majorraglan

I agree, the reason they want income ax powers is to be able to wise money and spend it. I don’t mind paying a bit of extra tax for decent public services and hospitals but I am not convinced that would be what we’d get.

We'd get more vanity projects in Cardiff and the rest of Wales would become a destitute shithole. It's the entire reason for the WAG's existance and obvious from day one.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

WAG getting Income Tax powers on 23:02 - Apr 6 with 3324 viewsrockinjk

I hope Plaid do well next time, I've got a lot of time for Adam Price. I'm not a Nationalist, but he is a genuine intellect, with ideas and believes in Wales.

Not the old labour gal who just made us out to be like a 3rd World Country waiting for another hand out.

Time to get rid of labour and we can at least reassess devolution. At the present moment it has benefited Cardiff, nearing valley "communities" and nobody else.
WAG getting Income Tax powers on 16:02 - Apr 7 with 3225 viewsvalleyboy

WAG getting Income Tax powers on 23:02 - Apr 6 by rockinjk

I hope Plaid do well next time, I've got a lot of time for Adam Price. I'm not a Nationalist, but he is a genuine intellect, with ideas and believes in Wales.

Not the old labour gal who just made us out to be like a 3rd World Country waiting for another hand out.

Time to get rid of labour and we can at least reassess devolution. At the present moment it has benefited Cardiff, nearing valley "communities" and nobody else.

“You hope Plaid do well next time”

Are you dull enough to think that Plaid wouldn’t do the same

Plaid is just another Labour Political Party in disguise
WAG getting Income Tax powers on 18:17 - Apr 7 with 3186 viewsrockinjk

WAG getting Income Tax powers on 16:02 - Apr 7 by valleyboy

It was under Leanne Wood

It isn’t now, it’s shifted to a more pro business position and it would definitely move away from being Cardiff centric
WAG getting Income Tax powers on 18:44 - Apr 7 with 3172 viewsPozuelosSideys

Heh, good luck with that.But then, you keep on voting for the same oldshite, dont go expecting them to suddenly change.

Dont worry though. Youll be able to see all those hard earned tax dollars being put into effective use when you swing by Cardiff on the train and see their new shiny cablecar system or monorail or whatever shite they spend it on

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Login to get fewer ads

WAG getting Income Tax powers on 18:48 - Apr 7 with 3170 viewsrockinjk

WAG getting Income Tax powers on 18:44 - Apr 7 by PozuelosSideys

Heh, good luck with that.But then, you keep on voting for the same oldshite, dont go expecting them to suddenly change.

Dont worry though. Youll be able to see all those hard earned tax dollars being put into effective use when you swing by Cardiff on the train and see their new shiny cablecar system or monorail or whatever shite they spend it on

What’s depressing is that labour are still likely to win again

We deserve everything we get
WAG getting Income Tax powers on 18:51 - Apr 7 with 3165 viewsPozuelosSideys

WAG getting Income Tax powers on 18:48 - Apr 7 by rockinjk

What’s depressing is that labour are still likely to win again

We deserve everything we get

Yep. Exactly my point. People vote Labour cos they hate everything Tory. Plaid are a waste of space and any independents arent really gonna make any difference.

So where do people go with that?

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

WAG getting Income Tax powers on 21:36 - Apr 7 with 3135 viewsvalleyboy

WAG getting Income Tax powers on 18:17 - Apr 7 by rockinjk

It was under Leanne Wood

It isn’t now, it’s shifted to a more pro business position and it would definitely move away from being Cardiff centric

It’s shifted so much that UKIP did much better in the Newport by-election

Remember it was Plaid that helped Labour to get the budget through last year

What businesses are there in Wales worth shouting about as most of the manufacturing ones will be gone in a few years time

The successful ones only have a base in Wales and bring in their goods from elsewhere to sell on
WAG getting Income Tax powers on 09:16 - Apr 8 with 3074 viewsVincent_Vega

I love Welsh Politics

"WAG is shite, Cardiff centric, Labour old boys club that only care about area with CF postcode. Rest of Wales is suffering and it's only going to get worse"

"who do you vote for?"

"Labour"

"Why? they're the problem aren't they? If you vote for someone else wouldn't that shake up the political landscape forcing politicians to actual start looking out for your constituency and constituents? Why don't you vote for Plaid or Lib Dem or dare I say Torrie? If they're a complete shower, vote them out next time."

"yeah but my dad was Labour, his dad was, and his dad was. Tradition innit"

"Well in that case enjoy your part time GP's your downgraded Hospital, non existent childcare service, Crap roads and all the rest that comes with "tradition"

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

WAG getting Income Tax powers on 09:30 - Apr 8 with 3069 viewsBrynmill_Jack

WAG getting Income Tax powers on 09:16 - Apr 8 by Vincent_Vega

I love Welsh Politics

"WAG is shite, Cardiff centric, Labour old boys club that only care about area with CF postcode. Rest of Wales is suffering and it's only going to get worse"

"who do you vote for?"

"Labour"

"Why? they're the problem aren't they? If you vote for someone else wouldn't that shake up the political landscape forcing politicians to actual start looking out for your constituency and constituents? Why don't you vote for Plaid or Lib Dem or dare I say Torrie? If they're a complete shower, vote them out next time."

"Well in that case enjoy your part time GP's your downgraded Hospital, non existent childcare service, Crap roads and all the rest that comes with "tradition"

I’m hoping lovely old Jezza’s first job will be to bulldoze the senedd into the sea. F*ck “Welsh Labour”. And f*ck the Welsh Assembly.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

WAG getting Income Tax powers on 10:35 - Apr 8 with 3056 viewsLeonWasGod

WAG getting Income Tax powers on 09:16 - Apr 8 by Vincent_Vega

I love Welsh Politics

"who do you vote for?"

"Labour"

Where do people go though? We'd have to be stark raving mad to vote the Tories in to the Assembly after what they've done to the UK over the last 8 years.
WAG getting Income Tax powers on 10:59 - Apr 8 with 3039 viewsVincent_Vega

WAG getting Income Tax powers on 10:35 - Apr 8 by LeonWasGod

Where do people go though? We'd have to be stark raving mad to vote the Tories in to the Assembly after what they've done to the UK over the last 8 years.

I'm no lover of the Tories believe me but here me out.

Say in some parallel universe the public actually do something about it and vote Labour out, Similar to Scotland in the 2015 GE and another party sweeps the board say Lib Dem for arguments sake.

Imagine the fall out, Imagine the chaos that would create, hell it even might affect Labour UK wide. Suddenly UK politics has to look at Wales far more closely than it has for eons.

And the joy of it is if they turn out to be utter dros you vote them out, simples.

In a weird way look at the USA. Even though Trump is a massive woopsie, domestically the 'rust belt' have done very well out of him so far where as previous administrations have completely ignored them (sounds familiar).

I'm not saying we need a Welsh Trump or that Wales is like the USA. My point is that the Yanks were sick of the same old crap every 4 years so when someone came along with an alternative plan, they took it. kudos to them for having the balls to vote for change, if only we had that courage.

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

WAG getting Income Tax powers on 11:19 - Apr 8 with 3026 viewsblaenaugwentjack

This.
WAG getting Income Tax powers on 11:45 - Apr 8 with 3015 viewsblaenaugwentjack

WAG getting Income Tax powers on 16:02 - Apr 7 by valleyboy

No plaid are not Labour thank you.
WAG getting Income Tax powers on 12:11 - Apr 8 with 3009 viewsblaenaugwentjack

WAG getting Income Tax powers on 21:36 - Apr 7 by valleyboy

It’s shifted so much that UKIP did much better in the Newport by-election

Remember it was Plaid that helped Labour to get the budget through last year

What businesses are there in Wales worth shouting about as most of the manufacturing ones will be gone in a few years time

The successful ones only have a base in Wales and bring in their goods from elsewhere to sell on

If you been knocking doors in Newport west, you would know that the area is very unionist, helped by the large numbers of incomers from Bristol recently. As for plaid working with Welsh Labour, the tories know alla bout that with the very large sum of money they paid the DUP to stay in power?
WAG getting Income Tax powers on 12:19 - Apr 8 with 2998 viewsLeonWasGod

WAG getting Income Tax powers on 10:59 - Apr 8 by Vincent_Vega

Say in some parallel universe the public actually do something about it and vote Labour out, Similar to Scotland in the 2015 GE and another party sweeps the board say Lib Dem for arguments sake.

Imagine the fall out, Imagine the chaos that would create, hell it even might affect Labour UK wide. Suddenly UK politics has to look at Wales far more closely than it has for eons.

And the joy of it is if they turn out to be utter dros you vote them out, simples.

In a weird way look at the USA. Even though Trump is a massive woopsie, domestically the 'rust belt' have done very well out of him so far where as previous administrations have completely ignored them (sounds familiar).

I'm not saying we need a Welsh Trump or that Wales is like the USA. My point is that the Yanks were sick of the same old crap every 4 years so when someone came along with an alternative plan, they took it. kudos to them for having the balls to vote for change, if only we had that courage.

The only trouble with that is that there isn't anyone currently. The Lib Dems have all but disappeared sadly, despite putting the brakes on the worse of the Tory policies when in coalition. I wouldn't even know who the LD candidates are around Swansea. Peter May use to be one and was popular, but he went indi a while back. Plaid struggle to go mainstream. We don't appear to have an party or character emerging who could replicate what the SNP have done in Scotland. I wish we did, I just don't see where it's coming from.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2019 12:26]
WAG getting Income Tax powers on 12:52 - Apr 8 with 2966 viewsrockinjk

WAG getting Income Tax powers on 10:59 - Apr 8 by Vincent_Vega

I’ve been saying this for years, look at the difference in the coverage and respect that Scotland gets compared to Wales

Whenever Sturgeon talks people listen whether you like her or not and that means something.

As you say if we kicked labour out that would ‘mean something’ the next day Wales would be the National Press and instantly you would hear political attention shifting.

Raw politics matters, Swansea always votes labour and therefore labour take us for granted and the tories go you know what maybe the electrification can reach Cardiff

It’s not just raw politics though it’s the signal it sends. If we continue to vote labour we look needy, we look like we have no ambition. We are happy to put up with inferior public services and average business growth because we are resistant to change

I’ve said it many times just vote for “someone else” take a punt, take a risk. If labour get in again how can we possibly complain about underperformance and Cardiff bias?
WAG getting Income Tax powers on 14:27 - Apr 8 with 2943 viewsLeonWasGod

WAG getting Income Tax powers on 12:52 - Apr 8 by rockinjk

I’ve been saying this for years, look at the difference in the coverage and respect that Scotland gets compared to Wales

Whenever Sturgeon talks people listen whether you like her or not and that means something.

As you say if we kicked labour out that would ‘mean something’ the next day Wales would be the National Press and instantly you would hear political attention shifting.

Raw politics matters, Swansea always votes labour and therefore labour take us for granted and the tories go you know what maybe the electrification can reach Cardiff

It’s not just raw politics though it’s the signal it sends. If we continue to vote labour we look needy, we look like we have no ambition. We are happy to put up with inferior public services and average business growth because we are resistant to change

I’ve said it many times just vote for “someone else” take a punt, take a risk. If labour get in again how can we possibly complain about underperformance and Cardiff bias?

There is no someone else. Wales lacks leaders with charisma sufficient to swing votes. If you don't go out of your way to find out what other parties are doing you're completely in the dark. Even Plaid have gone quiet since Leanne stepped down - at least she was doing her best to get Wales' voice heard over Brexit, even if she was as mad as a box of frogs.
WAG getting Income Tax powers on 20:11 - Apr 8 with 2868 viewsKilkennyjack

You can’t be a welshman and vote for the Conservative and unionist Party, its the English Nationalist Party in all but name.

Beware of the Risen People

WAG getting Income Tax powers on 22:20 - Apr 8 with 2805 viewsunion_jack

I don’t want to vote Corbyn in but I don’t want to vote my MP (Tonia) out. It’s a problem.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

WAG getting Income Tax powers on 01:00 - Apr 9 with 2770 viewsDJack

WAG getting Income Tax powers on 22:20 - Apr 8 by union_jack

I don’t want to vote Corbyn in but I don’t want to vote my MP (Tonia) out. It’s a problem.

Same here mate.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

WAG getting Income Tax powers on 07:24 - Apr 9 with 2716 viewsdickythorpe

Adam Price has been a massive let down so far.

Got ripped a new one by Drakeford a few weeks back for calling him a "fool it liar"

Price is always looking for a big word or hard hitting comment.....thing is his audience is small and just wants simple and easy to understand.
No need to be rude.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024