Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
DJ Buyout Clause 12:59 - Apr 10 with 4562 viewswestwalesed

In order to get DJ to sign a new deal, what buyout clause would you put on his head?

I'm thinking £18 Million in today's market?

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

DJ Buyout Clause on 13:01 - Apr 10 with 3647 viewsFireboy2

I think £18 is spot on Ed
DJ Buyout Clause on 13:11 - Apr 10 with 3612 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Isn’t it irrelevant if he has a four million or not buyout clause - as long as it’s writtten in that Swansea have the right to accept the highest bid?

It’s immaterial if Leeds for example bid 4 million then Man City come in over the top offer ring 12?
There will be a lot more than 2 clubs interested in Dan. If there’s a bidding war then we can dictate payment terms etc etc.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

DJ Buyout Clause on 13:14 - Apr 10 with 3600 viewsNeathJack

DJ Buyout Clause on 13:11 - Apr 10 by Brynmill_Jack

Isn’t it irrelevant if he has a four million or not buyout clause - as long as it’s writtten in that Swansea have the right to accept the highest bid?

It’s immaterial if Leeds for example bid 4 million then Man City come in over the top offer ring 12?
There will be a lot more than 2 clubs interested in Dan. If there’s a bidding war then we can dictate payment terms etc etc.

No.

If the buyout clause is £4m then that's all a team would have to pay. Why would a club offer more than that when we have to accept that amount. It wouldn't make any sense.
DJ Buyout Clause on 13:20 - Apr 10 with 3580 viewsjasper_T

DJ Buyout Clause on 13:11 - Apr 10 by Brynmill_Jack

Why would they agree to that when a flat £4m automatic acceptance would have clubs outbidding each other in agent payments and signing fees for the player instead?

City won't be after him. But any team from Everton down might make use of him (he's an upgrade on Walcott, surely) and look at what those teams pay for players.

£15m if it's all paid cash upfront.
DJ Buyout Clause on 13:23 - Apr 10 with 3566 viewsNeathJack

DJ Buyout Clause on 13:20 - Apr 10 by jasper_T

Why would they agree to that when a flat £4m automatic acceptance would have clubs outbidding each other in agent payments and signing fees for the player instead?

City won't be after him. But any team from Everton down might make use of him (he's an upgrade on Walcott, surely) and look at what those teams pay for players.

I'd only be considering accepting a bid as derisory as £15m if the buying club agreed to loan him back for next season.

The bidding should be starting at £15m, not ending.
DJ Buyout Clause on 13:25 - Apr 10 with 3561 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Dan will be advised by his agent that the lower the buyout clause the more money he will get as a signing on fee and wages.

The club will have to weigh up whether any new deal is worth losing him in the summer for the buyout fee or whether to keep him on his current contract for a year then lose him for nothing.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

DJ Buyout Clause on 13:30 - Apr 10 with 3542 viewsSwansea93

I'm hoping because it's guaranteed he's off this summer is that he goes somewhere then gets loaned back for 12 months,could see him end up at Spurs.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

DJ Buyout Clause on 13:30 - Apr 10 with 3541 viewsjasper_T

DJ Buyout Clause on 13:25 - Apr 10 by Joe_bradshaw

Dan will be advised by his agent that the lower the buyout clause the more money he will get as a signing on fee and wages.

The club will have to weigh up whether any new deal is worth losing him in the summer for the buyout fee or whether to keep him on his current contract for a year then lose him for nothing.

Nothing isn't nothing though, as he's under 24 and we'd be paid compensation. Which could be anywhere between £1m and £10m depending on his status and ours this time next year.
Login to get fewer ads

DJ Buyout Clause on 13:31 - Apr 10 with 3533 viewsjasper_T

DJ Buyout Clause on 13:30 - Apr 10 by Swansea93

I'm hoping because it's guaranteed he's off this summer is that he goes somewhere then gets loaned back for 12 months,could see him end up at Spurs.

£12m, 6 month loan and CCV swap deal.
DJ Buyout Clause on 13:34 - Apr 10 with 3518 viewsJoe_bradshaw

DJ Buyout Clause on 13:30 - Apr 10 by jasper_T

Nothing isn't nothing though, as he's under 24 and we'd be paid compensation. Which could be anywhere between £1m and £10m depending on his status and ours this time next year.

Yes, you’re right about the compensation. It tends to undervalue players but it makes Dan’s desired £4M buyout clause a joke from the club’s perspective.

DJ Buyout Clause on 13:37 - Apr 10 with 3513 viewswestwalesed

Sell and a loan back clause would be a perfect outcome imo - the best we can hope for is that he gives us one more full season, and part of a team that really has a go at Promotion next season.

He will be gone if nothing happens at the end of next year, so take a lower price and a loan back.

So I'd revise to £13million plus a loan back for next year.

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

DJ Buyout Clause on 13:40 - Apr 10 with 3503 viewshobo

£28m
DJ Buyout Clause on 13:41 - Apr 10 with 3497 viewsJoe_bradshaw

I hope Giggs will tell him that he won’t get many caps if he’s not playing regularly irrespective of his bank balance.

DJ Buyout Clause on 14:12 - Apr 10 with 3408 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Ah, so it’s not “offers in excess of £4 million”. That’s what I was getting at, i didn’t realise several clubs were going to offer 4 million on the nose and then battle it out over personal terms, the best being Dans prerogative to choose.

I thought the club would still have had the final say due to them placing caveats and conditions on the buyout clause. Especially when it could mean a team trying to pay a measly 500k up front , the rest in half a million a year instalments etc etc.

Strikes me though that he’s absolutely desperate to leave and for any club that can afford the 4 million fee then. A very odd way to further your career. You’d think he’d have more ambition than that.

Edit - why wouldn’t city want him. If he could cause them problems playing for a Championship club surely a no brainer to take him for a couple of years improvement via coaching and unleash him on the rest of the PL. His pace can hurt ANY team if it can hurt Man City’s.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2019 14:15]

DJ Buyout Clause on 14:14 - Apr 10 with 3396 viewsairedale

DJ Buyout Clause on 13:41 - Apr 10 by Joe_bradshaw

I hope Giggs will tell him that he won’t get many caps if he’s not playing regularly irrespective of his bank balance.

Yeah Giggsy'd be the best person to tell him that.
DJ Buyout Clause on 14:15 - Apr 10 with 3394 viewsBadlands

DJ Buyout Clause on 13:41 - Apr 10 by Joe_bradshaw

Giggs will tell he should be looking to play in the Premier League ... because Giggs is a ****

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

DJ Buyout Clause on 14:38 - Apr 10 with 3360 viewsjasper_T

DJ Buyout Clause on 14:12 - Apr 10 by Brynmill_Jack

Ah, so it’s not “offers in excess of £4 million”. That’s what I was getting at, i didn’t realise several clubs were going to offer 4 million on the nose and then battle it out over personal terms, the best being Dans prerogative to choose.

I thought the club would still have had the final say due to them placing caveats and conditions on the buyout clause. Especially when it could mean a team trying to pay a measly 500k up front , the rest in half a million a year instalments etc etc.

Strikes me though that he’s absolutely desperate to leave and for any club that can afford the 4 million fee then. A very odd way to further your career. You’d think he’d have more ambition than that.

Edit - why wouldn’t city want him. If he could cause them problems playing for a Championship club surely a no brainer to take him for a couple of years improvement via coaching and unleash him on the rest of the PL. His pace can hurt ANY team if it can hurt Man City’s.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2019 14:15]

City just sold two kids of similar type to DJ in Matondo and Brahim Diaz rather than loaning them out (I'm sure there are buyback clauses of some kind). DJ's better than both of them currently (they're both younger) but they're interested in buying finished products, not prospects. Enough of those in their Elite Squad or whatever they're calling it these days.

They have the whole world to choose from and no limit to the amount they can spend. Maybe they need more homegrown bodies to fill their bench?
DJ Buyout Clause on 14:50 - Apr 10 with 3319 viewsvalleyboy

Exactly

Providing the buyout clause is watertight in Law

Then the £4 million reported as the figure. Then thats al Swansea will get for him

The money from the bidding war will go to James and his agent and not to Swansea

The £4 million is about right. That any club would have to pay as compensation for him because of the time he was in the Academy and the number of games he has played in the Championship

That’s why I would say how the £4 million has come about
DJ Buyout Clause on 15:02 - Apr 10 with 3298 viewsjasper_T

DJ Buyout Clause on 14:50 - Apr 10 by valleyboy

Exactly

Providing the buyout clause is watertight in Law

Then the £4 million reported as the figure. Then thats al Swansea will get for him

The money from the bidding war will go to James and his agent and not to Swansea

The £4 million is about right. That any club would have to pay as compensation for him because of the time he was in the Academy and the number of games he has played in the Championship

That’s why I would say how the £4 million has come about

If £4m is the expected compensation then the desired release clause needs to be higher. Otherwise the club has no incentive to offer a pay rise, signing bonus and a potential early release for an important player.

How much is a top player worth to a club optimistic about promotion chances, even for a single season? We paid £8m for a lad for 12 months trying to stay in that league last season, and he wasn't a known quantity vital to the way we play.
DJ Buyout Clause on 15:22 - Apr 10 with 3257 viewsBrynmill_Jack

DJ Buyout Clause on 14:38 - Apr 10 by jasper_T

City just sold two kids of similar type to DJ in Matondo and Brahim Diaz rather than loaning them out (I'm sure there are buyback clauses of some kind). DJ's better than both of them currently (they're both younger) but they're interested in buying finished products, not prospects. Enough of those in their Elite Squad or whatever they're calling it these days.

They have the whole world to choose from and no limit to the amount they can spend. Maybe they need more homegrown bodies to fill their bench?

Well they bought Sinclair to sit on their bench so I wouldn’t rule it out!

DJ Buyout Clause on 15:35 - Apr 10 with 3227 viewsExiledJack

DJ Buyout Clause on 15:02 - Apr 10 by jasper_T

If £4m is the expected compensation then the desired release clause needs to be higher. Otherwise the club has no incentive to offer a pay rise, signing bonus and a potential early release for an important player.

How much is a top player worth to a club optimistic about promotion chances, even for a single season? We paid £8m for a lad for 12 months trying to stay in that league last season, and he wasn't a known quantity vital to the way we play.

Hopefully the decision makers are thinking along similar lines.

Keep, get promoted, then it’s a new contract or best wishes with compensation. £25m+ and no less if it’s this summer.

Another year with Potter should be good for DJ, and he will continue to get international experience with Wales. On the other hand, he’s almost certainly ready to play at a higher level if the right offer comes in. Spurs could be a good fit.
DJ Buyout Clause on 16:05 - Apr 10 with 3168 viewsjack247

He’s not going to get a £4m release clause.

The club would be far better off just not giving him a new contract and watching a bidding war unfurl in the summer.
DJ Buyout Clause on 17:27 - Apr 10 with 3093 viewsvalleyboy

DJ Buyout Clause on 16:05 - Apr 10 by jack247

He’s not going to get a £4m release clause.

The club would be far better off just not giving him a new contract and watching a bidding war unfurl in the summer.

The only failing in that argument is that Swansea have to sell him, in order to help to fill the black hole

Remembering that next January he could sign an agreement to go to a continental football club and Swansea would lose everything

Not even any compensation that Swansea would get if he went abroad
DJ Buyout Clause on 17:43 - Apr 10 with 3064 viewsfelixstowe_jack

DJ Buyout Clause on 17:27 - Apr 10 by valleyboy

The only failing in that argument is that Swansea have to sell him, in order to help to fill the black hole

Remembering that next January he could sign an agreement to go to a continental football club and Swansea would lose everything

What black hole? Swansea only made a loss of 2/3 million last year. They wrote down the players value by £50,000,000 so they probably had a positive cash flow of £47 million.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

DJ Buyout Clause on 18:28 - Apr 10 with 3012 viewsjack247

DJ Buyout Clause on 17:27 - Apr 10 by valleyboy

He’s the hottest property in the Championship at the moment. It’s ludicrous to imply we wouldn’t get more than £4m for him in the summer, even with Steve and Jase at the helm.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024