Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Micky Mellon 16:55 - May 27 with 19492 viewsN_T_J

Even money now!!
Micky Mellon on 21:03 - May 27 with 2682 views34dfgdf54

Micky Mellon on 20:38 - May 27 by Thrasher6

Non story..move on..

What makes you think that?
Micky Mellon on 21:13 - May 27 with 2615 viewsexiledclaseboy

What’s Scottish for “Hola”?

Poll: Tory leader

Micky Mellon on 21:14 - May 27 with 2607 viewsNeath_Jack

Micky Mellon on 21:13 - May 27 by exiledclaseboy

What’s Scottish for “Hola”?

Och aye

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Micky Mellon on 21:16 - May 27 with 2593 viewsexiledclaseboy

Micky Mellon on 21:14 - May 27 by Neath_Jack

Och aye

That’ll do it then. I’m off to tweet that.

Poll: Tory leader

Micky Mellon on 21:20 - May 27 with 2545 viewsAngelRangelQS

Micky Mellon on 21:14 - May 27 by Neath_Jack

Och aye

“What the f*ck are you looking at?”
Micky Mellon on 21:24 - May 27 with 2506 viewsNeath_Jack

Micky Mellon on 21:20 - May 27 by AngelRangelQS

“What the f*ck are you looking at?”

Nothing, I was just talking to Clasey

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Micky Mellon on 21:55 - May 27 with 2379 viewsbermudajack

Micky Mellon on 21:24 - May 27 by Neath_Jack

Nothing, I was just talking to Clasey

Did anyone actually watch the Newport v Tranmere play off final?
One of the worst games of football I’ve seen in years, both teams just lumping it up the pitch with hope... I’ve seen better Sunday League teams play on muddy pitches, let alone the hallowed turf of Wembley...
When we were linked with Flynn I was concerned... equally so with this one...
I’d genuinely rather give Cameron Toshack with his dad in tow the gig...
I’ll support the club, but decisions like these have what’s put us in this mess to begin with, I genuinely get the feeling our club is absolutely irrelevant to our owners...
surely the Trust will have strong input to suitable candidates? and I can’t see Curtis & Leon thinking this guy is the answer...🤷🏻‍♂️

Poll: Priority for new manager?

Micky Mellon on 22:12 - May 27 with 2295 viewsmagicdaps10

Now going at 3/10 with Sky. Hope I am wrong but think it could be this guy.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Login to get fewer ads

Micky Mellon on 22:34 - May 27 with 2185 viewsAl_Bundy

Cutting our cloth for L1. The club is dropping like a stone.
Micky Mellon on 22:39 - May 27 with 2155 views34dfgdf54

Micky Mellon on 22:34 - May 27 by Al_Bundy

Cutting our cloth for L1. The club is dropping like a stone.

Ah f*ck it mun.

Wilder never managed any higher than league 2 and ended up getting Sheff Utd promoted from League 1 with 100 plus points and then again from Championship. Let’s see what happens.

I’m like a broken record but if he can keep us in the league while we are cutting everything back then it’s job done.
Micky Mellon on 22:54 - May 27 with 2101 viewsAngelRangelQS

Micky Mellon on 21:55 - May 27 by bermudajack

Did anyone actually watch the Newport v Tranmere play off final?
One of the worst games of football I’ve seen in years, both teams just lumping it up the pitch with hope... I’ve seen better Sunday League teams play on muddy pitches, let alone the hallowed turf of Wembley...
When we were linked with Flynn I was concerned... equally so with this one...
I’d genuinely rather give Cameron Toshack with his dad in tow the gig...
I’ll support the club, but decisions like these have what’s put us in this mess to begin with, I genuinely get the feeling our club is absolutely irrelevant to our owners...
surely the Trust will have strong input to suitable candidates? and I can’t see Curtis & Leon thinking this guy is the answer...🤷🏻‍♂️

Who else that has been mentioned would you pick?

I have no idea why people want Toshack in charge tbh. He’s doing a great job developing the youngsters for us so why change that? He has no experience whatsoever and isn’t even a young gun
Micky Mellon on 23:18 - May 27 with 2036 viewsbermudajack

Micky Mellon on 22:54 - May 27 by AngelRangelQS

Who else that has been mentioned would you pick?

I have no idea why people want Toshack in charge tbh. He’s doing a great job developing the youngsters for us so why change that? He has no experience whatsoever and isn’t even a young gun

None of them fill me with any positive vibes to be honest...
But I would have thought that we’d entertain or attract a more sought after/ potential applicant than the types being mentioned in the betting...
This guy has only operated in the lower regions and will not inspire our lot with the type of hoof-ball on show at Wembley...
At least Cameron Toshack has had a big part in the development of our youngsters and with an experienced Head alongside him has to be a better choice than this Mellon geezer from Tranmere?
Do you think he’s the answer? Or a potential fall guy?

Micky Mellon on 23:24 - May 27 with 2022 viewsraynor94

Micky Mellon on 23:18 - May 27 by bermudajack

But I would have thought that we’d entertain or attract a more sought after/ potential applicant than the types being mentioned in the betting...
This guy has only operated in the lower regions and will not inspire our lot with the type of hoof-ball on show at Wembley...
At least Cameron Toshack has had a big part in the development of our youngsters and with an experienced Head alongside him has to be a better choice than this Mellon geezer from Tranmere?

Look at Wilder and Smith now, I think Mellon has earned a chance

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Micky Mellon on 23:34 - May 27 with 1993 viewsbermudajack

Micky Mellon on 23:24 - May 27 by raynor94

Really?
Well I would expect some of the other teams without managers in the Championship to be sniffing around him too, but they’re not...
I repeat... watch Tranmere play Newport and you tell me how that will inspire our current squad of players?
It couldn’t be further from the ‘Swansea Way’ that Potter had us playing last season...
If Birch is true to his word about a continued playing style, then an interview is all he’ll get...

Micky Mellon on 23:37 - May 27 with 1991 viewsAngelRangelQS

Micky Mellon on 23:18 - May 27 by bermudajack

I think he’s someone who is worth taking a chance on. I don’t think you can judge him based solely on the play off final the other day. They’re one off finals and never particularly representative of the style of football a team will play week in week out. If you do a quick search for him there are a lot of positive things around him encouraging his full backs to get forward and his CBs to play out. He also says that if he’s unable to play the way he wants to then he’s prepared to do whatever it takes to win... which is something a lot of our managers have been criticised for not doing.

Tranmere are also apparently quite solid at the back and score quite a few goals (although that Norwood has got a bucketful for them)

Ultimately our new manager is going to be someone relatively cheap who either has little to no experience of managing before, has a successful record in inferior leagues or has managed a bit higher up but with a more mixed bag.

Unfortunately it’s about the level we are at now.
[Post edited 27 May 2019 23:39]
Micky Mellon on 04:41 - May 28 with 1860 viewsicecoldjack

Micky Mellon on 20:57 - May 27 by thornabyswan

Martinez was playing for Chester when he joined us.
Didn't do a bad job

Yes, but the difference is quite clear. Martinez was a footballer all the way, was a captain here who knew the club inside out, had many lengthy talks to Huw Jenkins about how he felt football could and should be played even at a low er league level and knew that most of our footballers were ball players who would give him I stand respect .

Martinez was total football even back then, he was going to try an approach that was exciting and refreshing.

Now this Mellon bloke, did you watch his team play just the other day ? If you did then to mention Martinez in the same breath is totally wrong !

How can this bloke be a fit for the club when the chairman says that continuing our style of play is a factor in choosing a new manager ?

It is exactly the kind of random thing that got us relegated in the first place ! Buying players who don't fit a system and managers that don't fit the players !

There will be hundreds of great football coaches out there who believe in the potter/martinez/Rodgers approach to football, IMO Mellon isn't one of them !
Micky Mellon on 05:00 - May 28 with 1848 viewsCooperman

Micky Mellon on 23:24 - May 27 by raynor94

Too many folk don't remember their reaction when Brendan Rogers took over; they only remember what happened in the following few years and as a result are now convinced that every manager should be an international superstar.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Micky Mellon on 05:18 - May 28 with 1836 viewsdameedna

Melly Messenger as assistant
Micky Mellon on 05:26 - May 28 with 1828 viewsraynor94

Micky Mellon on 23:34 - May 27 by bermudajack

Really?
Well I would expect some of the other teams without managers in the Championship to be sniffing around him too, but they’re not...
I repeat... watch Tranmere play Newport and you tell me how that will inspire our current squad of players?
It couldn’t be further from the ‘Swansea Way’ that Potter had us playing last season...
If Birch is true to his word about a continued playing style, then an interview is all he’ll get...

It was a one off final, where winning is the be all and end all, did you watch them throughout the season?

His record in the lower leagues is impressive, as I said I think he's earned a chance

Out of curiosity, who's your pick?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Micky Mellon on 06:15 - May 28 with 1790 viewsDr_Winston

People still think that bookies odds are changing for reasons other than people seeing a name on the internet and "lumping on"?

Cute.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Micky Mellon on 07:16 - May 28 with 1730 viewsbermudajack

Micky Mellon on 05:26 - May 28 by raynor94

It was a one off final, where winning is the be all and end all, did you watch them throughout the season?

His record in the lower leagues is impressive, as I said I think he's earned a chance

Out of curiosity, who's your pick?

This really depends on whether we are going to do a lot next season...ie. aiming for promotion or still just clearing the PL wage decks. A very important period to oversee, if we are going to reinvest some of this summers sale money in a genuine attempt at top 6? then it’s all about a young, & hungry manager with a point to prove like a Garcia, Berkamp, Jakonovich type...
If the plan is longer term with a building process in place then we should be looking for a manager with an amount of success and respect in this division like an ian Holloway, Wargner, Chris Hughton type who can see the longer term plan and use the loan market well...
(Please feel free to ridicule my suggestions - they are just examples off the top of my head)
Of course this totally depends on managers budgets available, but with £3M comp coming in from Brighton - we should not be taking the cheapest options due to cost alone...
This is Trevor Burch’s first big job... he has to get this one spot on 👍

Micky Mellon on 07:40 - May 28 with 1688 viewstrinityann

I watched the play off final because we were linked with Flynn, I never dreamed we were looking at the opposite manager. I didn't notice anything unusual in the final, it reminded me of the bog standard league 2 football.

I personally will be disappointed with this appointment, but still think it's rubbish and we will appoint someone who is not even in the betting at this moment.
Micky Mellon on 07:57 - May 28 with 1656 viewsDrGonzo

I love the theory that we are above any manager currently plying his trade in a league below. Our arrogance knows no bounds.
Micky Mellon on 08:13 - May 28 with 1615 viewsChief

Micky Mellon on 07:57 - May 28 by DrGonzo

I love the theory that we are above any manager currently plying his trade in a league below. Our arrogance knows no bounds.

He's not plying his trade a division below us though is he?

His team were promoted to it last week. The last time he was in the division below us it ended badly.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Micky Mellon on 08:34 - May 28 with 1541 viewsSwansea93

Micky Mellon on 05:00 - May 28 by Cooperman

Too many folk don't remember their reaction when Brendan Rogers took over; they only remember what happened in the following few years and as a result are now convinced that every manager should be an international superstar.

Wasn't Rodgers our 4th choice as well?

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024