Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? 06:36 - Jun 21 with 55810 viewsBrynmill_Jack

If this is true we’d be mad not to say yes. Only caveat being that Cooper must have funds to replace him. Even better if we could bump it up to £15million

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/06/20/report-sheffield-united-confident-of-signi

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 11:10 - Jun 22 with 2554 viewsFireboy2

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 10:35 - Jun 22 by dobjack2

Don’t be nasty.

The lad works and tries hard and is an option off the bench.

To state the bleeding obvious:

Depends on how Cooper wants to play, how much money there is for recruitment and which players, and their clubs if we are talking loans, fancy it.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2019 10:37]

He will be the only option but hes bloody rubbish DJ.

Im far from the best football expert and i can see how bad he is.
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 11:10 - Jun 22 with 2554 viewsSwansea93

There's no way McBurnie is staying if there's a bid, he'll go back home to Yorkshire, be close to his butty James and a gurantee starter in the Premier League.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 11:11 - Jun 22 with 2548 viewsFireboy2

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 10:15 - Jun 22 by Jack11

He’s not really built like a top striker, he’s not the quickest, not the strongest either. He scores goals though and that my friends is worth its weight in gold. There are players with far better physical attributes but they don’t know where the back of the net is. I’d rather have a pale scrawny Jock who buries 20 a season than a pacy athlete who bullies centre halves and runs channels all afternoon. Think Thomas Muller - never seen anyone look less of a footballer but Christ he was/is effective.

This ^
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 11:28 - Jun 22 with 2504 viewsNeath_Jack

I see the arse dribblers have now turned this around to be Birch trying to flog McBurnie, and not doing anything about trying to get rid of Ayew x 2 and Baston.

F*cking brilliant stuff.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 11:42 - Jun 22 with 2476 viewsSwanseaman

12mil is too cheap.

He would be worth more if we keep him, not just in money but also for our chance of a promotion push.

even at 20mil would it be worth it for a weakened squad - although that is a more realistic price

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 12:10 - Jun 22 with 2415 viewsjasper_T

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 11:42 - Jun 22 by Swanseaman

12mil is too cheap.

He would be worth more if we keep him, not just in money but also for our chance of a promotion push.

even at 20mil would it be worth it for a weakened squad - although that is a more realistic price

The average Championship team's turnover is something like £25-30m so that sort of money is actually worth it at this level. Selling one player for that kind of sum drastically increases the scope of how a club can operate in terms of wages, layoffs etc.

It's easy to lose sight in the modern PL TV money and billionaire patron era, but for the vast majority of clubs £20m is bite their hands off money. £15m would be great business, as it was for DJ (who is a better player but only had a year left on his deal).
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 12:30 - Jun 22 with 2388 viewsBadlands

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 09:28 - Jun 22 by dameedna

50M revenue from transfers would be nice.

DJ 18
OMB 20
Others 17M

We have a massive wage bill for players that don't justify Premiership salaries any more.

Top 6 clubs no objection.

Bottom feeders aka Sheffield, Brighton, Norwich, we should try and keep our players another season.

If I were McBurnie I would fock off as he has a career to think of and he is good enough to play in the EPL as are a few others.

£17 million from elsewhere?

Where?

Ayews and Borja are just wanted off the books - any fee would be a bonus.

Rest of the squad is only worth around £30 million.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 12:48 - Jun 22 with 2343 viewsSwanseaman

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 12:10 - Jun 22 by jasper_T

The average Championship team's turnover is something like £25-30m so that sort of money is actually worth it at this level. Selling one player for that kind of sum drastically increases the scope of how a club can operate in terms of wages, layoffs etc.

It's easy to lose sight in the modern PL TV money and billionaire patron era, but for the vast majority of clubs £20m is bite their hands off money. £15m would be great business, as it was for DJ (who is a better player but only had a year left on his deal).

the problem with selling the highest goal scorer, is it's gamble if we can't manage to replace the goals - with a weakened team we could become in risk of relegation.

could they have learnt from past mistakes and decide to keep him, avoiding relegation risk.

I think they will sell him, just as they did with llorente and sigurdson (and if he wants to go that would force the issue anyway).

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Login to get fewer ads

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 13:08 - Jun 22 with 2300 viewsBanosswan

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 09:59 - Jun 22 by Nortbankboy

Yes watch him,he missed as many,as he,scored.
And theres,no,need,for name calling,because some got a,different opinion,to,you

Possibly the most commas I've ever seen in a sentence.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 13:32 - Jun 22 with 2249 viewsjasper_T

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 12:48 - Jun 22 by Swanseaman

the problem with selling the highest goal scorer, is it's gamble if we can't manage to replace the goals - with a weakened team we could become in risk of relegation.

could they have learnt from past mistakes and decide to keep him, avoiding relegation risk.

I think they will sell him, just as they did with llorente and sigurdson (and if he wants to go that would force the issue anyway).

Personally I don't think we're that close to a relegation situation. When you see how we performed in the games where McBurnie was missing last season... we beat City, mun. If we lose another 3 or 4 starters then panic can start to set in.

Even then, relegation costs us less than £12m in the short term. TV money in the Championship is £7m vs £1.5m in League One. Top two last season were down there very recently as well. Has been a step in the reset/revival process of a fair few teams (Southampton as well not so long ago). It's not a disaster on the same devastating scale as dropping out of the PL.

Just do better with recruitment than we did after Gylfi and Llorente departed. Which shouldn't be hard.
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 13:41 - Jun 22 with 2228 viewsWarwickHunt

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 13:08 - Jun 22 by Banosswan

‘Ello, ‘ello, ‘ello...
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 13:43 - Jun 22 with 2225 viewsSwanseaman

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 13:32 - Jun 22 by jasper_T

Personally I don't think we're that close to a relegation situation. When you see how we performed in the games where McBurnie was missing last season... we beat City, mun. If we lose another 3 or 4 starters then panic can start to set in.

Even then, relegation costs us less than £12m in the short term. TV money in the Championship is £7m vs £1.5m in League One. Top two last season were down there very recently as well. Has been a step in the reset/revival process of a fair few teams (Southampton as well not so long ago). It's not a disaster on the same devastating scale as dropping out of the PL.

Just do better with recruitment than we did after Gylfi and Llorente departed. Which shouldn't be hard.

I also think that the relegation risk is lower than when we sold off llorente and sig. but any promotion push would no doubt take a knock.

although he would be worth more to us in the long run by keeping him at least one more season - there is no desperation to sell him just yet which would probably be better for us financially.

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 13:49 - Jun 22 with 2215 viewsjasper_T

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 13:43 - Jun 22 by Swanseaman

I also think that the relegation risk is lower than when we sold off llorente and sig. but any promotion push would no doubt take a knock.

although he would be worth more to us in the long run by keeping him at least one more season - there is no desperation to sell him just yet which would probably be better for us financially.

Until we recover the reported £30m and sort out the legacy contracts I'd say there probably is some desperation to sell him. No one's banging on the door for anyone from the list of players we don't want.

This is, unfortunately, what living sustainably/within our means looks like.
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 13:59 - Jun 22 with 2190 viewsSwanseaman

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 13:49 - Jun 22 by jasper_T

Until we recover the reported £30m and sort out the legacy contracts I'd say there probably is some desperation to sell him. No one's banging on the door for anyone from the list of players we don't want.

This is, unfortunately, what living sustainably/within our means looks like.

Is there an urgent deadline for this 30mil?

is it possible for birch to get the money in other ways

I don't even see it as a gamble to keep hold of Mcburnie - unless he gets a serious injury or something.

if there is nothing to lose by keeping him here, the improved chances of getting back up to the premiership are definitely worth thinking about.

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 14:26 - Jun 22 with 2144 viewsjasper_T

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 13:59 - Jun 22 by Swanseaman

Is there an urgent deadline for this 30mil?

is it possible for birch to get the money in other ways

I don't even see it as a gamble to keep hold of Mcburnie - unless he gets a serious injury or something.

if there is nothing to lose by keeping him here, the improved chances of getting back up to the premiership are definitely worth thinking about.

We didn't panic last summer, starting to spend early and turning our noses up at that £8/9m bid for Jordan Ayew, thinking better offers would come in.

Not sure there will be any appetite for that same approach this time around.
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 14:42 - Jun 22 with 2095 viewsSwanseaman

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 14:26 - Jun 22 by jasper_T

We didn't panic last summer, starting to spend early and turning our noses up at that £8/9m bid for Jordan Ayew, thinking better offers would come in.

Not sure there will be any appetite for that same approach this time around.

I'd prefer him playing for us but we'll have to wait and see what they decide to do.

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 14:52 - Jun 22 with 2073 viewsdobjack2

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 11:28 - Jun 22 by Neath_Jack

I see the arse dribblers have now turned this around to be Birch trying to flog McBurnie, and not doing anything about trying to get rid of Ayew x 2 and Baston.

F*cking brilliant stuff.

I don’t think it’s Birch trying to flog Mcburnie but having to consider any bids that are realistic. If a realistic bid comes in and I don’t think the amount quoted is a long way off (depending on how payments are scheduled, how much is add ons etc) - what does the club do? especially if the bid comes in before any big earners are moved on.

The key issue is, as you allude, getting Ayew x2, Baston And any other players on greater wages than we can afford moved on as quickly as possible. I agree that this is Birch’s top priority but he has to balance that work alongside any bids we receive.
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 15:09 - Jun 22 with 2041 viewsjack247

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 11:28 - Jun 22 by Neath_Jack

F*cking brilliant stuff.

Sad fact is, he’ll probably end up selling McBurnie first because it’s far more achievable and plugs a bit of the black hole their wages get paid from.

Absolutely criminal that Jordan is still here after Palace bid for him last summer and Andre ever even came here on his monster wages (second time round). Had the incompetents in charge not signed Andre and sold Jordan (on a big wage, for a decent fee in the middle of a fcking firesale) we could be having the discussion about what the McBurnie funds would be put towards.

No doubt some snivelling sycophant will be along to defend them still being on our payroll soon enough.
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 15:28 - Jun 22 with 1994 viewsjasper_T

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 15:09 - Jun 22 by jack247

Sad fact is, he’ll probably end up selling McBurnie first because it’s far more achievable and plugs a bit of the black hole their wages get paid from.

Absolutely criminal that Jordan is still here after Palace bid for him last summer and Andre ever even came here on his monster wages (second time round). Had the incompetents in charge not signed Andre and sold Jordan (on a big wage, for a decent fee in the middle of a fcking firesale) we could be having the discussion about what the McBurnie funds would be put towards.

No doubt some snivelling sycophant will be along to defend them still being on our payroll soon enough.

People on here were fuming at the idea of selling "our best player" to Fulham for such a paltry sum. Expected £15m offers to come in.

Same with Fernandez. Fans and the club wanted to hold out for £10m. Got £2-3m on deadline day, and were fortunate to get it
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 15:35 - Jun 22 with 1976 viewsjack247

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 15:28 - Jun 22 by jasper_T

People on here were fuming at the idea of selling "our best player" to Fulham for such a paltry sum. Expected £15m offers to come in.

Same with Fernandez. Fans and the club wanted to hold out for £10m. Got £2-3m on deadline day, and were fortunate to get it

People on here didn’t realise quite how much financial jeopardy relegation had put us in. Not the relegation itself, but because the incompetents had ensured we were utterly unprepared for it.
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 15:41 - Jun 22 with 1956 viewsNeath_Jack

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 15:09 - Jun 22 by jack247

McBurnie sells himself, no need for Birch to look for a buyer. And if the other 3 can’t be shifted then yeah, McBurnie and a few other players will be sold to cover them. It is was it is.

As for the rest, aye we know. Nothing to be gained from going over it every single day.

On we go 👊🏻👊🏻

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 15:49 - Jun 22 with 1940 viewsjack247

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 15:41 - Jun 22 by Neath_Jack

McBurnie sells himself, no need for Birch to look for a buyer. And if the other 3 can’t be shifted then yeah, McBurnie and a few other players will be sold to cover them. It is was it is.

As for the rest, aye we know. Nothing to be gained from going over it every single day.

On we go 👊🏻👊🏻

Genuinely wish I could adopt the ‘it is what it is’ viewpoint towards our squad being dismantled to pay for our owners ineptitude.

I get where you’re coming from, we can’t do anything about it. Spilt milk etc. Can’t bring myself to think it’s acceptable though.
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 16:45 - Jun 22 with 1848 viewsLuther27

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 06:36 - Jun 22 by Brynmill_Jack

Not at all. It’s because your beatified vision of Jenkins is one that doesn’t fit in with the reality of recent history. If we go back a month before the sacking of Laudrup then yes I’d agree with you. Unfortunately the years subsequent to that have seen the club deteriorate financially to the point where his actions have left the club in a potentially precarious position, something the greedy lying barst*d said he’d never do. So how come you’re stil rimming him then, serious question?

Just wrap it up will you. The post was about the Ollie sale. I don’t want to sell him...and I don’t think it should even be discussed. We should be adding to our squad. The old board couldn’t have financed our situation in the Premiership but people like you couldn’t accept. They’ve gone... they’re history. They don’t matter anymore. I’m pretty sure you’ll be pleased to know this is the last reply I can be arssd to give you numpty.
McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 18:11 - Jun 22 with 1721 viewsvetchonian

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 09:50 - Jun 22 by Nortbankboy

Have you seen,him play?
He's like a dog chancing,a ball.
He runs in all the wrong places.£12mill is a fantast,deal

Just like Llorente being a "wardrobe"

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 20:39 - Jun 22 with 1532 viewsBrynmill_Jack

McBurnie to Sheffield Utd/Brighton for £12 million? on 13:08 - Jun 22 by Banosswan

He was singing it I reckon

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024