Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best Ground /Worst Away Ground Visited Watching Swans Last Season 15:55 - Jun 25 with 2490 viewsSTID2017

Best for me regarding view, access to and from the ground and amenities was Bolton.
Worst for all of the above was Villa

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Best Ground /Worst Away Ground Visited Watching Swans Last Season on 17:17 - Jun 25 with 2055 viewsJohnw102

Bristol City, treated like scum by Police and Stewards. Best Reading it was my Birthday so got me out of paying for the family to have a meal to celebrate it and the family got me a birthday greeting on the screen!

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Best Ground /Worst Away Ground Visited Watching Swans Last Season on 18:20 - Jun 25 with 1999 viewsMrSwerve

Best Ground /Worst Away Ground Visited Watching Swans Last Season on 17:17 - Jun 25 by Johnw102

Bristol City, treated like scum by Police and Stewards. Best Reading it was my Birthday so got me out of paying for the family to have a meal to celebrate it and the family got me a birthday greeting on the screen!

First time I’d been to Ashton Gate...the concourse was like stepping back into the 50s.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Best Ground /Worst Away Ground Visited Watching Swans Last Season on 18:34 - Jun 25 with 1973 viewsSTID2017

Best Ground /Worst Away Ground Visited Watching Swans Last Season on 18:20 - Jun 25 by MrSwerve

First time I’d been to Ashton Gate...the concourse was like stepping back into the 50s.

Considering all the money they spent improving the ground it was very poor.
And the segregation - what a joke

Best Ground /Worst Away Ground Visited Watching Swans Last Season on 19:08 - Jun 25 with 1915 viewsswan85

Personally I enjoyed going to Brentford. What I would call a proper old ground. The day before a guy at work told me it was the only ground to have a pub on each corner, so did the walk to check.

Really liked it as a football ground (easily pleased me)
Best Ground /Worst Away Ground Visited Watching Swans Last Season on 19:12 - Jun 25 with 1906 viewsFireboy2

Best Ground /Worst Away Ground Visited Watching Swans Last Season on 19:08 - Jun 25 by swan85

Personally I enjoyed going to Brentford. What I would call a proper old ground. The day before a guy at work told me it was the only ground to have a pub on each corner, so did the walk to check.

So did i, although we stayed in the kings arms near to brentford station for over 2 hours as the beer was flowing.

Worst was stoke as we got absolutely fvcking drenched after the game.
Best Ground /Worst Away Ground Visited Watching Swans Last Season on 19:41 - Jun 25 with 1864 viewsAndy1300

Best Ground /Worst Away Ground Visited Watching Swans Last Season on 19:08 - Jun 25 by swan85

A proper ground, great locals too

Number 1 team in Wales

Best Ground /Worst Away Ground Visited Watching Swans Last Season on 19:46 - Jun 25 with 1851 viewssainthelens

Best trip...Millwall
Worst was Brizzles
Best Ground /Worst Away Ground Visited Watching Swans Last Season on 20:09 - Jun 25 with 1805 viewsjackharris

Most football supporters know that Brentford has a pub located on every corner of the ground. This upcoming season will be the grounds last season. Brentford will then move into a ground surrounded by railway lines.

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Login to get fewer ads

Best Ground /Worst Away Ground Visited Watching Swans Last Season on 20:12 - Jun 25 with 1797 viewsGlyn1

Except we'll probably be banned from the Inverness Social Club near the train station after Swans fans smashed their windows :(

Top two for me were Brentford and Ipswich.

Bottom two were Bristol for all the reasons mentioned above and Stoke. My lifetime aim is never ever to go to the Stoke football ground again.

And I'm looking forward to going to Fulham this season, and to Brighton next season.
[Post edited 25 Jun 2019 20:15]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Best Ground /Worst Away Ground Visited Watching Swans Last Season on 21:14 - Jun 25 with 1721 viewsWxmJax

Best Ground /Worst Away Ground Visited Watching Swans Last Season on 19:12 - Jun 25 by Fireboy2

So did i, although we stayed in the kings arms near to brentford station for over 2 hours as the beer was flowing.

Worst was stoke as we got absolutely fvcking drenched after the game.

Don't think I've ever been so wet in clothes, apart from when I jumped in to a pool in Ibiza. Liked Villa in the cup, mainly because we actually won.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Best Ground /Worst Away Ground Visited Watching Swans Last Season on 21:19 - Jun 25 with 1703 viewsFireboy2

Best Ground /Worst Away Ground Visited Watching Swans Last Season on 20:09 - Jun 25 by jackharris

Most football supporters know that Brentford has a pub located on every corner of the ground. This upcoming season will be the grounds last season. Brentford will then move into a ground surrounded by railway lines.

Wtf are they thinking the daft tvvats😱
Best Ground /Worst Away Ground Visited Watching Swans Last Season on 21:21 - Jun 25 with 1696 viewsFireboy2

Best Ground /Worst Away Ground Visited Watching Swans Last Season on 21:14 - Jun 25 by WxmJax

Don't think I've ever been so wet in clothes, apart from when I jumped in to a pool in Ibiza. Liked Villa in the cup, mainly because we actually won.

We were the same WJ, the wettest ive ever been with clothes on.
Best Ground /Worst Away Ground Visited Watching Swans Last Season on 21:46 - Jun 25 with 1656 viewsSTID2017

Best Ground /Worst Away Ground Visited Watching Swans Last Season on 21:21 - Jun 25 by Fireboy2

We were the same WJ, the wettest ive ever been with clothes on.

I had a taxi there. Lovely and sunny, went with no jacket.
Couldn't get a taxi for about an hour.
Drenched through. Bloody awful hotel as well.
Awful trip

Best Ground /Worst Away Ground Visited Watching Swans Last Season on 04:47 - Jun 26 with 1542 viewsSwans9

Enjoyed Millwall away it was a good atmosphere. Leeds was the worst waiting 30m to get a taxi back to the town centre and Derbys ground in the middle of an enterprise zone. The walk back to the train station is not great.
Best Ground /Worst Away Ground Visited Watching Swans Last Season on 07:49 - Jun 26 with 1491 views34dfgdf54

Was my first visit to Brentford last season, was a quality day out. Didn't do as many away games as I would have liked last year, need to ramp it up this one.
Best Ground /Worst Away Ground Visited Watching Swans Last Season on 09:33 - Jun 26 with 1413 viewsSTID2017

Best Ground /Worst Away Ground Visited Watching Swans Last Season on 04:47 - Jun 26 by Swans9

Enjoyed Millwall away it was a good atmosphere. Leeds was the worst waiting 30m to get a taxi back to the town centre and Derbys ground in the middle of an enterprise zone. The walk back to the train station is not great.

Drove to Leeds. Parked on the street 10 mins easy drive out.
Derby was a forgettable trip for me. Went by coach for the second and last time of the season.

Best Ground /Worst Away Ground Visited Watching Swans Last Season on 13:01 - Jun 26 with 1331 viewsGlyn1

Best Ground /Worst Away Ground Visited Watching Swans Last Season on 21:19 - Jun 25 by Fireboy2

Wtf are they thinking the daft tvvats😱

They're thinking that they'll move to a more modern and bigger stadium and pay for it by selling the old ground for housing for millions, and also make a profit. If that's daft, it's as daft as a fox.

For away fans, the benefits are being nearer to Brentford railway station and nearer to the Express Tavern next to Kew Bridge as well as some excellent pubs by the river Thames.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2019 13:06]

Best Ground /Worst Away Ground Visited Watching Swans Last Season on 13:10 - Jun 26 with 1315 viewsjackharris

Best Ground /Worst Away Ground Visited Watching Swans Last Season on 13:01 - Jun 26 by Glyn1

They're thinking that they'll move to a more modern and bigger stadium and pay for it by selling the old ground for housing for millions, and also make a profit. If that's daft, it's as daft as a fox.

For away fans, the benefits are being nearer to Brentford railway station and nearer to the Express Tavern next to Kew Bridge as well as some excellent pubs by the river Thames.

The new ground is next to Kew Bridge Rail Station (within spitting distance). I agree the new ground (like Griffin Park) is also in a cracking spot for away supporters. The station being so close and the Kew area a stones throw away. Also more Away fans will be able to be housed in the new stadium (at least 500 extra).
[Post edited 26 Jun 2019 18:32]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Best Ground /Worst Away Ground Visited Watching Swans Last Season on 13:28 - Jun 26 with 1288 viewsLibertarian

I think Brentford was my favourite last year. Entertaining game, and stayed in The Griffin till past 9. Enjoyed Ipswich though. Sitting in the marina for a few before the game in the sun was perfect.

Birmingham was the worst for me. Friday evening game. Drove up from London. Stuck in traffic for a while, as the M40 was shut. 30 min queue for a pie under the stand and missed the kick-off (I know, but I was starving).

0 - 0. We were dire

Re: Leeds - got the shuttle bus from behind the station to the game and back. Getting back, was only a 5 min queue as the buses were lined up ready to go. Would recommend it to anyone. And it was only £3 or £4 return (from memory)
Best Ground /Worst Away Ground Visited Watching Swans Last Season on 14:38 - Jun 26 with 1254 viewsN_T_J

Best Fulham wonderful stadium

Worst Portsmouth, a dive
Best Ground /Worst Away Ground Visited Watching Swans Last Season on 16:36 - Jun 26 with 1222 viewsFireboy2

Best Ground /Worst Away Ground Visited Watching Swans Last Season on 13:01 - Jun 26 by Glyn1

Call me a traditionalist then glyn, i like older grounds, especially brentfords.
Best Ground /Worst Away Ground Visited Watching Swans Last Season on 22:03 - Jun 26 with 1086 viewsGlyn1

Best Ground /Worst Away Ground Visited Watching Swans Last Season on 16:36 - Jun 26 by Fireboy2

Call me a traditionalist then glyn, i like older grounds, especially brentfords.

Fair enough. I'll be there myself on Boxing Day. Maybe we'll all bump into each other doing the 4 corner pubs crawl wearing our new Xmas jumpers.

Best Ground /Worst Away Ground Visited Watching Swans Last Season on 22:54 - Jun 26 with 1061 viewsFireboy2

Best Ground /Worst Away Ground Visited Watching Swans Last Season on 22:03 - Jun 26 by Glyn1

Fair enough. I'll be there myself on Boxing Day. Maybe we'll all bump into each other doing the 4 corner pubs crawl wearing our new Xmas jumpers.

Alas i have two hopes to make that game.

No and Bob.
Best Ground /Worst Away Ground Visited Watching Swans Last Season on 22:15 - Jun 27 with 884 viewshowenjack

Best Ground /Worst Away Ground Visited Watching Swans Last Season on 09:33 - Jun 26 by STID2017

Drove to Leeds. Parked on the street 10 mins easy drive out.
Derby was a forgettable trip for me. Went by coach for the second and last time of the season.

Drove to leeds once and as I got to Elland Rd just outside the peacock pub the exhaust fell off my vauxhall Belmont. There I was surrounded by loads and loads of Leeds fans. Managed to get it to a local garage who helped me out by wrapping welding wire around it to support what was now a 2 piece exhaust. Fair play I managed to get home.
Best Ground /Worst Away Ground Visited Watching Swans Last Season on 23:36 - Jun 27 with 825 viewsBadlands

Bradford Park Avenue.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024