Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Declan John (out and out winger ?) 08:40 - Jun 30 with 2397 viewsdeepdale81

Just thought it was a good time to discuss if he should be.used as a winger.I think he has great attributes for this position .personally.like watching him go forward.His obvious weakness as a full back are evident.to me.One being he cannot take throw ins ( no distance).although as a wing back he still.has a role.
What do you think?
Declan John (out and out winger ?) on 08:45 - Jun 30 with 2380 viewsjackrmee

I agree. Definitely a chance he can make it as a wingback going by the few appearances I saw him make there last season. Would like to see him given a chance as out and out winger tbh, as I'm not sure we will be using the correct formations for wingbacks to be involved.
Definitely wouldn't class the guy as a fullback.

If that's the case though, we will need to bring in more than one left back for this season.
Who's looking at stepping up on that side from u23s?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Declan John (out and out winger ?) on 08:48 - Jun 30 with 2371 viewsSPboy

He still has some way to go to develop in to a Championship wing back worthy of a starting place. Out and out winger ? Not quick enough or skilful enough from what I have seen
Declan John (out and out winger ?) on 08:53 - Jun 30 with 2344 viewsjackrmee

Declan John (out and out winger ?) on 08:48 - Jun 30 by SPboy

He still has some way to go to develop in to a Championship wing back worthy of a starting place. Out and out winger ? Not quick enough or skilful enough from what I have seen

He ripped it up at wingback in one match I don't remember who against. He came on and practically didn't lose the ball while performing at maybe 6-7-8 successful dribbles.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Declan John (out and out winger ?) on 08:56 - Jun 30 with 2333 viewsbluey_the_blue

Academy level he was a winger until around 16-17 when he got moved to left back.

When we loaned him out to league one and two clubs when trying to offload, he played left wing and right wing, didn't really do much.
Declan John (out and out winger ?) on 09:19 - Jun 30 with 2269 viewslifelong

Declan John (out and out winger ?) on 08:48 - Jun 30 by SPboy

Players can develop quickly if the club is right for them, he could get his chance this season with James having departed. He was very impressive in that game mentioned last season.
Declan John (out and out winger ?) on 10:25 - Jun 30 with 2164 viewspencoedjack

Awful player

1 decent game towards the end of the season.

Have we fallen so far that a 3rd choice Rangers full back is going to be our saviour
Declan John (out and out winger ?) on 12:56 - Jun 30 with 2006 viewsjackrmee

Declan John (out and out winger ?) on 10:25 - Jun 30 by pencoedjack

Awful player

1 decent game towards the end of the season.

Have we fallen so far that a 3rd choice Rangers full back is going to be our saviour

Bale was once not a first choice fullback. The switch did him wonders.
Not comparing the two players, but the situation could do wonders for John too.
I've definitely seen enough to say he's not an "awful player".

Declan John (out and out winger ?) on 12:57 - Jun 30 with 2003 viewsbluey_the_blue

Declan John (out and out winger ?) on 12:56 - Jun 30 by jackrmee

Bale was once not a first choice fullback. The switch did him wonders.
Not comparing the two players, but the situation could do wonders for John too.
I've definitely seen enough to say he's not an "awful player".

Seen enough to say we were right to get rid ;)
Login to get fewer ads

Declan John (out and out winger ?) on 13:23 - Jun 30 with 1961 viewsjasper_T

Declan John (out and out winger ?) on 08:56 - Jun 30 by bluey_the_blue

Academy level he was a winger until around 16-17 when he got moved to left back.

When we loaned him out to league one and two clubs when trying to offload, he played left wing and right wing, didn't really do much.

Remember the old Rangers manager saying he'd never been taught to defend before arriving there.
Declan John (out and out winger ?) on 13:52 - Jun 30 with 1920 viewsbluey_the_blue

Declan John (out and out winger ?) on 13:23 - Jun 30 by jasper_T

Remember the old Rangers manager saying he'd never been taught to defend before arriving there.

Well, what would a pub league know about defending?

He was taught, just isn't very good at it.
Declan John (out and out winger ?) on 13:55 - Jun 30 with 1914 viewsBadlands

Declan John (out and out winger ?) on 08:45 - Jun 30 by jackrmee

I agree. Definitely a chance he can make it as a wingback going by the few appearances I saw him make there last season. Would like to see him given a chance as out and out winger tbh, as I'm not sure we will be using the correct formations for wingbacks to be involved.
Definitely wouldn't class the guy as a fullback.

If that's the case though, we will need to bring in more than one left back for this season.
Who's looking at stepping up on that side from u23s?

Govea brought in with a view to being ready about now but injury prone and has had too few games to get up to speed.
IMO we definitely need to bring someone in ... right back too if Naughton is released.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Declan John (out and out winger ?) on 14:06 - Jun 30 with 1882 viewsjackrmee

Declan John (out and out winger ?) on 13:55 - Jun 30 by Badlands

Govea brought in with a view to being ready about now but injury prone and has had too few games to get up to speed.
IMO we definitely need to bring someone in ... right back too if Naughton is released.

Do we even have a senior left back at the club if Declan John is played further forward?
I'd reckon we need 2 there. Or one permanent signing with one loan which we could fuk off if one of our pups from u23s does what so many did last season.

Declan John (out and out winger ?) on 15:58 - Jun 30 with 1717 viewsBadlands

Declan John (out and out winger ?) on 14:06 - Jun 30 by jackrmee

Do we even have a senior left back at the club if Declan John is played further forward?
I'd reckon we need 2 there. Or one permanent signing with one loan which we could fuk off if one of our pups from u23s does what so many did last season.

My fear is we'll continue with John, Grimes and maybe Naughton at left back as we did past season.
But all sorts could happen before the start of the season. We don't yet know if Cooper has a preferred formation.
3 CBs and 2 attacking wing backs would work as long as we had a strong CDM.
It could be Cooper is keen to loan in young England prospects.
However, a good scouting system should have checked out the many free agents (OK no one is fee and there will be reasons their contacts haven't been renewed but there are prospective bargains out there.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Declan John (out and out winger ?) on 17:54 - Jun 30 with 1594 viewsjack247

Declan John (out and out winger ?) on 15:58 - Jun 30 by Badlands

My fear is we'll continue with John, Grimes and maybe Naughton at left back as we did past season.
But all sorts could happen before the start of the season. We don't yet know if Cooper has a preferred formation.
3 CBs and 2 attacking wing backs would work as long as we had a strong CDM.
It could be Cooper is keen to loan in young England prospects.
However, a good scouting system should have checked out the many free agents (OK no one is fee and there will be reasons their contacts haven't been renewed but there are prospective bargains out there.

John would be fine in that set up, but we’d have to sacrifice the 3 roving forwards approach we used last season. Plus it would be a job for us to field 3 centre backs with 1 on the bench every week and the wingbacks would need some kind of rotation as they’d be killing themselves charging up and back all game.

Cooper may well go for something like that though. He’s said he’s going to play aggressive, attractive football. More than possible in a 352.
Declan John (out and out winger ?) on 21:30 - Jun 30 with 1438 views34dfgdf54

Declan John (out and out winger ?) on 17:54 - Jun 30 by jack247

John would be fine in that set up, but we’d have to sacrifice the 3 roving forwards approach we used last season. Plus it would be a job for us to field 3 centre backs with 1 on the bench every week and the wingbacks would need some kind of rotation as they’d be killing themselves charging up and back all game.

Cooper may well go for something like that though. He’s said he’s going to play aggressive, attractive football. More than possible in a 352.

Cooper has preferred 4-3-3, or 4-1-4-1 everywhere else I’m sure I read (definitely the former).
Declan John (out and out winger ?) on 22:13 - Jun 30 with 1403 viewsjack247

Declan John (out and out winger ?) on 21:30 - Jun 30 by 34dfgdf54

Cooper has preferred 4-3-3, or 4-1-4-1 everywhere else I’m sure I read (definitely the former).

Fair enough. Got to be honest, I’m not convinced by John in back 4
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024