Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What a stunning August! 18:51 - Aug 31 with 6259 viewsbakajack

Eight games played: seven wins, one draw and zero defeats. Five goals conceded and a whopping twenty one goals scored, if anyone had offered me that a month ago I would have called the men in white coats and had them sectioned!

The international break should be relatively kind to us with not that many international call ups in the squad and then just four games to play in September (three in the league of which two are at home).

The best thing about this current run though is that it has not been smooth sailing and easy wins, we have had to come from behind on several occasions and it's not like we have been playing the league whipping boys - Preston, Leeds, QPR are all going to be there or thereabouts at the end of the season.

The only game I have a concern about is Bristol City, they always seem to be our bogey side these days. If we can emerge from September with another 6 points I would be thrilled, surely Cooper has to be the only choice for manager of the month for August.
What a stunning August! on 12:11 - Sep 1 with 1644 viewsSwanjaxs

What a stunning August! on 11:53 - Sep 1 by Brynmill_Jack

I know that but I have no idea why people bring the subject of Celtic FC up on this board at all. Why? You're not the worst culprit by any means but this is a Swnasea City board. I don't see anyone coming on here saying "I hope Man united/City/Arsenal/Liverpool/Spurs win".
Celtic are the antithesis of our club, insignificant. If you call Rangers Huns then that's practically calling the vast majority of British people including those who post on here.

Perhaps the mods , when every so call "Jack" comes on here gobbing off that Celtic have beaten Alloa or whoever could cut the word Jack from their usernames? Won't happen but I'd like to see it.

Dry your eyes you fackin clown 😂

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

What a stunning August! on 12:41 - Sep 1 with 1626 viewsSTID2017

What a stunning August! on 08:53 - Sep 1 by bakajack

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/8607341.stm 2009/2010 season - loss
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/8244579.stm 2009/2010 season - draw
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/9156718.stm 2010/2011 season - loss
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45229941 2018/2019 season - loss
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47010990 2018/2019 season - loss

We did win the return fixture in our promotion season, but otherwise we have for the last two seasons we played Bristol City we been the dominant side but conspired to do a Leeds and lose the match regardless.

Is that enough evidence?

Haven't won at Leeds since the '1940's.
For that reason, going by all the evidence we weren't going to win - except we did ?
Past form, especially with two completely different sides, is absolutely no indication of what will happen in a few weeks time.
If we lose it will be because a better side on the day beat us, or we were unlucky with a decision or whatever.
Not because of results in 2009/10 FFS !

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

What a stunning August! on 12:45 - Sep 1 with 1621 viewsSTID2017

What a stunning August! on 09:38 - Sep 1 by Brynmill_Jack

Bogey team lmao!
We hadn't won in Leeds for SEVENTY years until yesterday!
For the record when we went up with Brendan we won at Ashton Gate 2 nil.

And as for the Celtic fan boys - get off here and go and support them. I bet you if they had the choice of teleporting to Parkhead or watching the Swans they'd be off to Glasgow in a flash. Pathetic tw*ts

Exactly. We never beat Spurs in the Premier League.
So if we get back up there do we just give up as we aren't going to beat them because they are our bogey team ?
The guys talking out of his hat Brynnie - shame, as the rest of his post was good.

What a stunning August! on 13:20 - Sep 1 with 1578 viewsPegojack

It was a fantastic August and I'm over the moon. The only question mark for me now is how Cooper and the squad will react to an inevitable setback at some point. Will we have the resolve and 'bouncebackability' to cope with our first defeat? Or is anyone on here suggesting we can go through the season unbeaten?
What a stunning August! on 13:29 - Sep 1 with 1563 viewsSTID2017

What a stunning August! on 13:20 - Sep 1 by Pegojack

It was a fantastic August and I'm over the moon. The only question mark for me now is how Cooper and the squad will react to an inevitable setback at some point. Will we have the resolve and 'bouncebackability' to cope with our first defeat? Or is anyone on here suggesting we can go through the season unbeaten?

Don't think anyone will suggest we will go unbeaten all season.
All the optimists are saying that was a brilliant month, one that few (if any) honestly expected and lets enjoy this run as long as it lasts.
Even when we fall off it, I believe Copper will not let the team wallow in defeat any more than he lets them rest on their laurels.
COYS

What a stunning August! on 13:32 - Sep 1 with 1558 viewsmonmouth

What a stunning August! on 13:20 - Sep 1 by Pegojack

someone, maybe Florist, will do what we did to Lids yesterday at the Lib. Recovering from setbacks with injuries and losses and drops in form, will determine how this all pans out. It’s easy to be united and happy campers when things are going well. The test of any tea is adversity.

I hope we can go unbeaten though. Then it’s academic.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

What a stunning August! on 13:46 - Sep 1 with 1546 views1964white

What a stunning August! on 13:32 - Sep 1 by monmouth

someone, maybe Florist, will do what we did to Lids yesterday at the Lib. Recovering from setbacks with injuries and losses and drops in form, will determine how this all pans out. It’s easy to be united and happy campers when things are going well. The test of any tea is adversity.

Impressive start Monmouth
What a stunning August! on 14:00 - Sep 1 with 1525 viewsSwanjaxs

... and an absolutely amazing start to September 😃

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

Login to get fewer ads

What a stunning August! on 14:27 - Sep 1 with 1510 viewsSTID2017

What a stunning August! on 14:00 - Sep 1 by Swanjaxs

... and an absolutely amazing start to September 😃

Really who gives two hoots about a match between two teams that would struggle in The Championship ?
This forum is a Swans forum and this post in particular is about how well Swans have done in August.
I'm half Irish and Catholic (by my late Mam's wishes) , but when it comes to football my first team is Swansea and my second team is Swansea reserves
Bore off somewhere else with your Nationalistic crap or at least start a seperate thread titled "NSR Celtic beat Rangers in Pub League" or something along those lines

What a stunning August! on 15:28 - Sep 1 with 1473 viewsSwanjaxs

What a stunning August! on 14:27 - Sep 1 by STID2017

Really who gives two hoots about a match between two teams that would struggle in The Championship ?
This forum is a Swans forum and this post in particular is about how well Swans have done in August.
I'm half Irish and Catholic (by my late Mam's wishes) , but when it comes to football my first team is Swansea and my second team is Swansea reserves
Bore off somewhere else with your Nationalistic crap or at least start a seperate thread titled "NSR Celtic beat Rangers in Pub League" or something along those lines

I'll post what I want... get it 👍

What a stunning August! on 15:54 - Sep 1 with 1473 viewsNortbankboy

What a stunning August! on 15:28 - Sep 1 by Swanjaxs

Yes it's been a good month
What a stunning August! on 16:07 - Sep 1 with 1466 viewsbluenile

What a stunning August! on 22:15 - Aug 31 by Nortbankboy

Yes great month so far.
All we need now is the bhoys to beat the huns tomorrow

Who's the "we"?.................................don't include me in that crap, I want nothing to do with that sectarian nonsense.

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

What a stunning August! on 16:22 - Sep 1 with 1455 viewsNortbankboy

On to the next game Forrest which will be a real test for us.
What a stunning August! on 16:23 - Sep 1 with 1455 viewsjack247

What a stunning August! on 15:28 - Sep 1 by Swanjaxs

Fair enough. Just post it in the knowledge that you and your fellow Celtic mates are being a bit selfish hijacking decent Swans threads with Scottish football nonsense hardly anyone cares about. It’s bad enough when someone starts a thread on it, but at least we can ignore those safe in the knowledge there’s nothing of interest in them.
What a stunning August! on 17:29 - Sep 1 with 1411 viewsSwanjaxs

What a stunning August! on 16:23 - Sep 1 by jack247

Fair enough. Just post it in the knowledge that you and your fellow Celtic mates are being a bit selfish hijacking decent Swans threads with Scottish football nonsense hardly anyone cares about. It’s bad enough when someone starts a thread on it, but at least we can ignore those safe in the knowledge there’s nothing of interest in them.

Fair enough, had a few of my posts hijacked in the past, (even been called a terrorist loving tim) ... don't cry about it though... but yes August was a good month to be a Jack 👍

What a stunning August! on 22:05 - Sep 1 with 1325 viewsBrynmill_Jack

What a stunning August! on 12:41 - Sep 1 by STID2017

Haven't won at Leeds since the '1940's.
For that reason, going by all the evidence we weren't going to win - except we did ?
Past form, especially with two completely different sides, is absolutely no indication of what will happen in a few weeks time.
If we lose it will be because a better side on the day beat us, or we were unlucky with a decision or whatever.
Not because of results in 2009/10 FFS !

If we are as resilient and combative in every game as we were yesterday and at QPR we will do very well indeed this season.
Was watching a re run of the FL show on quest and Colin Murray was very wuick to pick up on the whole 10 outfield players celebrating the goal AND the entire bench. This spirit and bond is fantastic and will see us through difficult times.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

What a stunning August! on 22:28 - Sep 1 with 1313 viewsNortbankboy

What a stunning August! on 17:29 - Sep 1 by Swanjaxs

Fair enough, had a few of my posts hijacked in the past, (even been called a terrorist loving tim) ... don't cry about it though... but yes August was a good month to be a Jack 👍

Hail hail the swans are here!
What a stunning August! on 23:21 - Sep 1 with 1275 viewsBrynmill_Jack

What a stunning August! on 16:23 - Sep 1 by jack247

This. Only 3 or 4 posters on here follow Celtic and basically switch to attention seeking mode by bringing that sh*tty team up in completely irrelevant threads. Idiots.

What a stunning August! on 23:54 - Sep 1 with 1269 viewsSTID2017

What a stunning August! on 23:21 - Sep 1 by Brynmill_Jack

This. Only 3 or 4 posters on here follow Celtic and basically switch to attention seeking mode by bringing that sh*tty team up in completely irrelevant threads. Idiots.

Agree Brynnie - this is becoming a habit lately!!

What a stunning August! on 07:12 - Sep 2 with 1182 viewsBrynmill_Jack

What a stunning August! on 23:54 - Sep 1 by STID2017

Agree Brynnie - this is becoming a habit lately!!

Is it because they’re frustrated that the CL bubble has burst and they’ll miss out on some paydays this year? Like I said, an irrelevance to us. Those plastic fanboys need to get their priorities right.

What a stunning August! on 08:54 - Sep 2 with 1149 viewsWarwickHunt

What a stunning August! on 13:32 - Sep 1 by monmouth

Wrong, Mon.

The test of any tea is how good it tastes with a biscuit.
What a stunning August! on 10:36 - Sep 2 with 1103 viewsSwanjaxs

What a stunning August! on 07:12 - Sep 2 by Brynmill_Jack

Is it because they’re frustrated that the CL bubble has burst and they’ll miss out on some paydays this year? Like I said, an irrelevance to us. Those plastic fanboys need to get their priorities right.

And you need to stop getting your knickers in a twist mate, your like a little wind up toy... so funny 🤡

What a stunning August! on 11:42 - Sep 2 with 1082 viewsjack247

What a stunning August! on 07:12 - Sep 2 by Brynmill_Jack

No. It’s just attention seeking. They know it irritates people and they enjoy getting bites.
What a stunning August! on 12:28 - Sep 2 with 1061 viewsbakajack

Forest will be no mugs, five unbeaten since losing the opening game of the season however whenever I watch their highlights it always seems to be under the cosh but still somehow manage to turn it around.

Preston should have been out of sight at half time but in the second half Forest managed to turn it around. Hmm to be fair that kind of sounds like our home game vs Preston as well.
What a stunning August! on 15:59 - Sep 2 with 997 viewsSwanjaxs

What a stunning August! on 11:42 - Sep 2 by jack247

No. It’s just attention seeking. They know it irritates people and they enjoy getting bites.

Not really mate, I'm allowed an opinion rite? If certain posters decide to offer up their almost hysterical anti Irish/ Scottish vitriol then more power to thier union jack elbow 🇬🇧 👍 it's all about opinions aye, perhaps the crybaby needs to take a deep breath

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024