Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cooper 21:44 - Oct 22 with 10855 viewsSmellyplumz

Wow... How quickly fans have turned on him

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Cooper on 11:09 - Oct 23 with 2139 viewsSPboy

Cooper on 10:50 - Oct 23 by KGriz16

It's embarrassing aint it.

What’s embarrassing?

Discussion about Cooper beginning to lose the plot a la Monk & Clement ?

Losing 0-3 at home to Brentford ?

Fans having higher expectations?

Having £30m worth of attacking players in the line up & not scoring ?
Cooper on 11:09 - Oct 23 with 2134 viewsicecoldjack

Not as embarrassing as seeing a manager standing on the touch line looking clueless and not being sure what to change.

He's had plenty of plaudits and soaked up the love with his fist pumping to fans after some flukey wins, so he needs to be aware there's a flip side to it also, I'm not in the Cooper out camp, I'm in the Cooper sort it out camp, of which, most fans are.

Nobody wants him gone yet, so let's not be such a dramatic rainbow about it mun !
Cooper on 11:11 - Oct 23 with 2134 viewssaawonzee

Cooper on 23:07 - Oct 22 by icecoldjack

Ayew up top Celina at 10 routs and dyer wide. Simples.

Totally agree
Cooper on 11:16 - Oct 23 with 2118 viewsKGriz16

Cooper on 11:09 - Oct 23 by SPboy

What’s embarrassing?

We created enough chances to equal and/or better their score yesterday, is Cooper supposed to put the ball in the back of the net for the players as well? we've created enough chances in every game so far to put teams to bed, clinical we aren't. But to lay blame at Cooper for poor defending in transition and being non-clinical is a very poor attempt.

We lost 3-0 to a team that defended well, and broke forward clinically. Two were well taken goals, admittedly from defenders such as Roberts not closing down players. 4 out of 5 times those players miss those chances, and the middle goal being from clumsyness from Bidwell.
Cooper on 11:18 - Oct 23 with 2113 viewsKGriz16

Cooper on 11:09 - Oct 23 by icecoldjack

Not as embarrassing as seeing a manager standing on the touch line looking clueless and not being sure what to change.

He's had plenty of plaudits and soaked up the love with his fist pumping to fans after some flukey wins, so he needs to be aware there's a flip side to it also, I'm not in the Cooper out camp, I'm in the Cooper sort it out camp, of which, most fans are.

Nobody wants him gone yet, so let's not be such a dramatic rainbow about it mun !

As embarrassing as claiming Van Der Hoorn is off and prefers a move back to Holland last Summer. You were wrong then, and you're wrong now. As usual I might add.
Cooper on 13:10 - Oct 23 with 2037 viewsBadlands

Cooper on 11:16 - Oct 23 by KGriz16

We created enough chances to equal and/or better their score yesterday, is Cooper supposed to put the ball in the back of the net for the players as well? we've created enough chances in every game so far to put teams to bed, clinical we aren't. But to lay blame at Cooper for poor defending in transition and being non-clinical is a very poor attempt.

We lost 3-0 to a team that defended well, and broke forward clinically. Two were well taken goals, admittedly from defenders such as Roberts not closing down players. 4 out of 5 times those players miss those chances, and the middle goal being from clumsyness from Bidwell.

And they had chances to double ( or more their score).
We had one real chance and their keeper did really well to save, he also commanded his box and was decisive. Their players looked for space and the easy pass which didn't take much against our absent midfield and, therefore, stretched defence. Quicker in thought, quicker in action and organised.
We also had a few speculative shots.
Last night we were given a footballing lesson.
No more excuses about losing when teams bully us, Brentfod payed us of the park until the game was won and Celina came on. There were even Swans fans applauding Brentford efforts.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Cooper on 13:33 - Oct 23 with 1994 viewsGammon

Cooper on 11:09 - Oct 23 by SPboy

What’s embarrassing?

Well said mun!!!!
Cooper on 15:22 - Oct 23 with 1931 viewswildswan

Cooper needs to raise his game and start to bollock or at least encourage from the side

He states he does his talking in the dressing room and thats it till half / full time.

If the they are not playing to the way / plan he's gone through with them in the dressing room then he needs to enforce from time to time.

Too quiet for me and needs to enforce his authority or has he lost the players confidence?

Onwards and upwards Jack Army.

I'm sure it's just a blip.
Login to get fewer ads

Cooper on 17:12 - Oct 23 with 1877 viewsjack247

Cooper on 15:22 - Oct 23 by wildswan

Cooper needs to raise his game and start to bollock or at least encourage from the side

He states he does his talking in the dressing room and thats it till half / full time.

If the they are not playing to the way / plan he's gone through with them in the dressing room then he needs to enforce from time to time.

Too quiet for me and needs to enforce his authority or has he lost the players confidence?

I didn’t realise he’d said that, absolutely mental if he did. Unless I’ve taken that out of context, he’s got no interest in reacting to how the game is going and changing tactics/formations accordingly?

The season so far would back that up to be honest.
Cooper on 17:50 - Oct 23 with 1849 viewsGammon

Cooper on 15:22 - Oct 23 by wildswan

Can you imagine this man bollocking you though?

I wouldn't be able to keep a straight face.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2019 17:51]
Cooper on 18:07 - Oct 23 with 1814 viewsKGriz16

Cooper on 13:10 - Oct 23 by Badlands

And they had chances to double ( or more their score).
We had one real chance and their keeper did really well to save, he also commanded his box and was decisive. Their players looked for space and the easy pass which didn't take much against our absent midfield and, therefore, stretched defence. Quicker in thought, quicker in action and organised.
We also had a few speculative shots.
Last night we were given a footballing lesson.
No more excuses about losing when teams bully us, Brentfod payed us of the park until the game was won and Celina came on. There were even Swans fans applauding Brentford efforts.

Played us off the park? We had the lion share of possession. They were clinical, theres a difference. They took their chances, we didn't and have been for some time. All we're missing is the ability to be clinical and we'll be back to winning ways.
Cooper on 18:29 - Oct 23 with 1806 viewsjack247

Cooper on 18:07 - Oct 23 by KGriz16

Played us off the park? We had the lion share of possession. They were clinical, theres a difference. They took their chances, we didn't and have been for some time. All we're missing is the ability to be clinical and we'll be back to winning ways.

We’re missing a midfield. Yes, we’d be fine if we took every chance we created, but we don’t create many clear opportunities.

Brentford weren’t especially clinical, they probably missed more chances than we did.
Cooper on 18:37 - Oct 23 with 1781 viewsDrGonzo

Brentford made us look terrible. If people can't accept that then there's no hope.

Probably deserves a thread of its own but our central midfield is appalling, I can't remember a time we were so weak. Grimes and Fulton are shocking together.
Cooper on 19:30 - Oct 23 with 1739 viewsGammon

BuT wE WoN thE pASSinG

Not that sh1t again

I would rather have 10% possession and win 3-0
Cooper on 20:23 - Oct 23 with 1695 viewsFireboy2

Cooper on 19:30 - Oct 23 by Gammon

BuT wE WoN thE pASSinG

Not that sh1t again

And htf does that happen then brainiac?

Kgriz is correct, once the chances go in we will win games again.

If they dont then cooper will be gone.
Cooper on 20:30 - Oct 23 with 1688 viewsDr_Winston

Where exactly was that possession? We could have 70% of the game, but if it's mostly VdH, Rodon, Grimes and Roberts passing between each other it counts for jack shit.

Brentford did far more with the ball than we did. That much was plain.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Cooper on 20:33 - Oct 23 with 1677 viewsPentyrchJack

While I definitely think Cooper shoukd be given at least a season, I was very depressed last night that he couldn't motivate the team to get a win to go 2nd in the league. The lack of fight, determination and communication on the pitch was reminiscent of Bob Bradley's self destruction era.

The team has lost its mojo at a time when it should have been strutting around like a dog with two tails.

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Cooper on 02:09 - Oct 24 with 1599 viewsTimTtam

Once we fall below our preseason expectations, that's when this sort of talk should happen. Yes we've fallen to 9th, but there's 3 points between 2nd and 10th. Should we fail to win any of our next 2 games (Cardiff & @ Wigan), then this sort of talk will be justified.

As people have said, who's the next best person to come in? Hughes?

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Cooper on 08:20 - Oct 24 with 1407 views34dfgdf54

Cooper on 02:09 - Oct 24 by TimTtam

Once we fall below our preseason expectations, that's when this sort of talk should happen. Yes we've fallen to 9th, but there's 3 points between 2nd and 10th. Should we fail to win any of our next 2 games (Cardiff & @ Wigan), then this sort of talk will be justified.

As people have said, who's the next best person to come in? Hughes?

We are about par for the course now imo (9th-12th)

We drop any lower then he will, or atleast should be in trouble. Sunday is massive.
Cooper on 09:01 - Oct 24 with 1384 viewsTimTtam

Cooper on 08:20 - Oct 24 by 34dfgdf54

We are about par for the course now imo (9th-12th)

We drop any lower then he will, or atleast should be in trouble. Sunday is massive.

If there's any time to turn our form around, it's right now, and this game is the one to do it. Even if we don't win, if we at least show some fight and intensity, then we could turn it around. But another listless performance will see the end of our promotion chances.

If we can manage to win on Sunday, hopefully it will give us confidence to go to Wigan and get another 3pts. If we turn it around, we can climb back up the table. It's an extremely poor Championship this year. I mean, Sheffield Wednesday are 3rd...

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Cooper on 10:02 - Oct 24 with 1347 viewsKGriz16

Cooper on 18:37 - Oct 23 by DrGonzo

Brentford made us look terrible. If people can't accept that then there's no hope.

Probably deserves a thread of its own but our central midfield is appalling, I can't remember a time we were so weak. Grimes and Fulton are shocking together.

We made ourselves look terrible. Brentford defended well, and broke forward well.
Cooper on 10:03 - Oct 24 with 1346 viewsKGriz16

Cooper on 20:33 - Oct 23 by PentyrchJack

While I definitely think Cooper shoukd be given at least a season, I was very depressed last night that he couldn't motivate the team to get a win to go 2nd in the league. The lack of fight, determination and communication on the pitch was reminiscent of Bob Bradley's self destruction era.

The team has lost its mojo at a time when it should have been strutting around like a dog with two tails.

AT LEAST A SEASON?! OUR BEST START FOR 40 YEARS FFS.

Do people think we're Man City? F*ck me.
Cooper on 12:34 - Oct 24 with 1312 viewsBadlands

Cooper on 19:30 - Oct 23 by Gammon

BuT wE WoN thE pASSinG

Not that sh1t again

Cardiff do that

Cooper on 12:42 - Oct 24 with 1297 viewsBadlands

Cooper on 20:33 - Oct 23 by PentyrchJack

Two seasons ago Blackburn were relegated on 51 points.
Do you think we will get another 29 points playing since August?
We haven't just been off form for a few games - we've been off for 2 months.
If Cooper doesn't stop the rot more players will leave in January and it will be harder to recruit (blame the Americans time again) which is what happened for three seasons in the PL.
Cooper might turn things around but I suspect Birch already has half an eye on other options.

Cooper on 12:54 - Oct 24 with 1290 viewsKGriz16

Cooper on 12:42 - Oct 24 by Badlands

Two seasons ago Blackburn were relegated on 51 points.
Do you think we will get another 29 points playing since August?
We haven't just been off form for a few games - we've been off for 2 months.
If Cooper doesn't stop the rot more players will leave in January and it will be harder to recruit (blame the Americans time again) which is what happened for three seasons in the PL.
Cooper might turn things around but I suspect Birch already has half an eye on other options.

Are you a WUM? Or a moron? I can't tell..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024