Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cooper 21:44 - Oct 22 with 10858 viewsSmellyplumz

Wow... How quickly fans have turned on him

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Cooper on 16:02 - Oct 24 with 1400 viewsjackrmee

Cooper on 11:16 - Oct 23 by KGriz16

We created enough chances to equal and/or better their score yesterday, is Cooper supposed to put the ball in the back of the net for the players as well? we've created enough chances in every game so far to put teams to bed, clinical we aren't. But to lay blame at Cooper for poor defending in transition and being non-clinical is a very poor attempt.

We lost 3-0 to a team that defended well, and broke forward clinically. Two were well taken goals, admittedly from defenders such as Roberts not closing down players. 4 out of 5 times those players miss those chances, and the middle goal being from clumsyness from Bidwell.

Totally agree.
I think the scoreline flattered them. We were the better side and made better chances. In fairness, it should have been about 6 all at the end. We missed plenty of really good chances and they scored from theirs.
Wasn't the last goal Rodon's fault as well?

Some positives to come out of it, like Petersen, who I thought was really dangerous, however missing the final touch and decision making at the last ball.

Overall, we looked really dangerous going forward and lacklustre off the ball.
Definitely need some guts in there, especially for Sunday, but it's not all doom n gloom.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Cooper on 16:04 - Oct 24 with 1390 viewsjackrmee

Cooper on 13:10 - Oct 23 by Badlands

And they had chances to double ( or more their score).
We had one real chance and their keeper did really well to save, he also commanded his box and was decisive. Their players looked for space and the easy pass which didn't take much against our absent midfield and, therefore, stretched defence. Quicker in thought, quicker in action and organised.
We also had a few speculative shots.
Last night we were given a footballing lesson.
No more excuses about losing when teams bully us, Brentfod payed us of the park until the game was won and Celina came on. There were even Swans fans applauding Brentford efforts.

One real chance?! You mental butt.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Cooper on 16:12 - Oct 24 with 1375 viewsjackrmee

Cooper on 02:09 - Oct 24 by TimTtam

Once we fall below our preseason expectations, that's when this sort of talk should happen. Yes we've fallen to 9th, but there's 3 points between 2nd and 10th. Should we fail to win any of our next 2 games (Cardiff & @ Wigan), then this sort of talk will be justified.

As people have said, who's the next best person to come in? Hughes?

Preseason expectations were mainly to avoid relegation, if that, by most people when Cooper took over. Not many were optimistic.

I was very optimistic and although we are still well up there in terms of the table, I also agree that this slump is poor.
I also still think that if Cooper keeps us up and our players manage to improve next season then we should give him time.
He is a major rookie after all. Not just in this league, but in senior football remember....
I still would pick him over the other mediocre crap we were linked with in the summer.

Cooper on 16:20 - Oct 24 with 1364 viewsBadlands

Cooper on 16:04 - Oct 24 by jackrmee

One real chance?! You mental butt.

OK
We peppered their goal to such an extent their keeper was the hardest working player on the field, the crossbar hard to replaced at half time as it had been battered out of shape, were it not for the force field secretly erected by Brenford before the game and half time we would have chalked up a cricket score.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Cooper on 16:24 - Oct 24 with 1353 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Cooper on 16:12 - Oct 24 by jackrmee

Preseason expectations were mainly to avoid relegation, if that, by most people when Cooper took over. Not many were optimistic.

I was very optimistic and although we are still well up there in terms of the table, I also agree that this slump is poor.
I also still think that if Cooper keeps us up and our players manage to improve next season then we should give him time.
He is a major rookie after all. Not just in this league, but in senior football remember....
I still would pick him over the other mediocre crap we were linked with in the summer.

We may be prepared to give him time, but the players may not if they don't understand what he is about.
His lack of gametime interaction and slouching in his chair is not a good look for us or them.
If he loses them like Monk & Bradley then he will be finished.
We will see how well they react on Sunday.
Cooper on 16:26 - Oct 24 with 1352 viewsTimTtam

Cooper on 16:12 - Oct 24 by jackrmee

Definitely. Continuity is the only chance we have of getting promoted next season (assuming we don't make it this season). Our last 6 managers including Cooper haven't lasted 1 year.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Cooper on 07:15 - Oct 25 with 1261 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Cooper on 20:33 - Oct 23 by PentyrchJack

While I definitely think Cooper shoukd be given at least a season, I was very depressed last night that he couldn't motivate the team to get a win to go 2nd in the league. The lack of fight, determination and communication on the pitch was reminiscent of Bob Bradley's self destruction era.

The team has lost its mojo at a time when it should have been strutting around like a dog with two tails.

I take your point but why should it take the manager to motivate the players to win to go second in the league? They should be rabidly straining at the leash for the chance to go second! Where's their professional pride????

It shows a massive lack of character in themselves as individuals. If MVDH is just shrugging his shoulders let him shrug them more effectively on the feckin bench.

Pile of w*nkers. They'll know what abuse is if they go out there shrugging their f*cking shoulders on Sunday. Losing isn't a sin. Losing when everyone knows they have the talent and ability to beat teams but just meekly surrender - unforgivable.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Cooper on 07:53 - Oct 25 with 1239 viewscentrestandswan

"Walked out after 3rd goa,lt was worst football I've seen. 1st half Connor Roberts wasn't given the ball, danda DREADFUL.. own goal terrible defender he's from Brentford done it on purpose!!!"

Taken from You Tube comments after Brentford game. Some fans

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

Login to get fewer ads

Cooper on 08:01 - Oct 25 with 1230 viewsSTID2017

Cooper on 22:04 - Oct 22 by SgorioFruit

just like Clement wouldn't play Leon
just like potter stuck with Nordfelt and Naughton

glaringly obvious mistakes and everyone can see them

wake up before sunday potter

I would rather Naughton than Roberts at the moment.
Welsh International or not, he is making far too many mistakes and isn't warranting his place.
The worst thing is he acts like a petulant child when he makes a mistake and blames everyone else.
Back on topic though, I think Cooper needs to take a good look at his selections lately and think about bringing in some more experience (if they are fit and available)
Give a couple of the youngsters a rest and introduce them back in gradually (Grimes, Byers and Surridge). Surridge tried his best on Saturday at Barnsley but should have been replaced well before he was.
All this rotating the squad - just because we got three games in a week.
If the bulk of the team can play in three games, why can't the rest of them so we can keep a steady team ?
I still have faith in him, but with our fickle fans, he needs to get us back on track quickly

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Cooper on 14:18 - Oct 25 with 1141 viewsTheKirkyLife

Sounds like he's had a chat to Brendan recently. Maybe just about the derby. Maybe about the bad form. Either way good to hear that he's tapping into resources.
Cooper on 14:53 - Oct 25 with 1116 viewsBadlands

Cooper on 14:18 - Oct 25 by TheKirkyLife

Sounds like he's had a chat to Brendan recently. Maybe just about the derby. Maybe about the bad form. Either way good to hear that he's tapping into resources.

... how to give it the Blarney.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Cooper on 13:52 - Oct 26 with 1036 viewsGammon

Dodgy landlord Brendan ‘David Brent’ Rodgers isn’t going to win us the match v Cardiff, a competent manager is which Cooper is NOT.

We try to do everything on the cheap and it doesn’t work.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2019 13:56]
Cooper on 22:35 - Oct 26 with 929 viewsjackrmee

WHy you think that?

edit: just seen the article ha
[Post edited 26 Oct 2019 22:50]

Cooper on 22:48 - Oct 26 with 910 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Cooper on 14:53 - Oct 25 by Badlands

... how to give it the Blarney.

I bet he fancies pitching VDH or Rodon. Or maybe Celina

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024