Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
AJ V Ruiz 2 10:14 - Dec 5 with 9650 viewsshandyjack

Who you got?
Will AJ's weight loss help or further hindeer him.
I'm thinking Ruiz in 6

Poll: Expectation for the season

AJ V Ruiz 2 on 20:28 - Dec 5 with 1321 viewstheloneranger

AJ V Ruiz 2 on 19:57 - Dec 5 by perplex

Never been stopped, and has proved he,s just as dangerous when hurt, but when Ruiz hurt AJ we all saw what happened

People said the same about Lennox Lewis when he lost his first fight against Oliver McCall.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

AJ V Ruiz 2 on 20:52 - Dec 5 with 1311 viewsperplex

AJ V Ruiz 2 on 20:28 - Dec 5 by theloneranger

People said the same about Lennox Lewis when he lost his first fight against Oliver McCall.

Yep just like AJ against Ruiz, Lewis could not recover his senses to recover, so far Wilder has been able to.
AJ V Ruiz 2 on 20:57 - Dec 5 with 1301 viewsbluey_the_blue

AJ V Ruiz 2 on 20:52 - Dec 5 by perplex

Yep just like AJ against Ruiz, Lewis could not recover his senses to recover, so far Wilder has been able to.

So far - and the first Ortiz fight it should arguably have been stopped when he was out of it.

Again, Ortiz, not a heavy hitter, landed at absolute will. Do you think, against a heavier hitter, Wilder could take 7 rounds of being hammered? I don't.

The key is if opponent can avoid that one shot.
AJ V Ruiz 2 on 21:04 - Dec 5 with 1304 viewsperplex

Klitschko was really old and had not won a fight for two years, You go on about Ortiz hitting Wilder at will yet the facts are Wilder brutally put him away twice, he also did the same in the first round against Breazil, yet AJ struggled to get him out of there, I realise your fondness towards AJ but I,m just stating facts
[Post edited 5 Dec 2019 21:07]
AJ V Ruiz 2 on 21:14 - Dec 5 with 1288 viewsbluey_the_blue

AJ V Ruiz 2 on 21:04 - Dec 5 by perplex

Klitschko was really old and had not won a fight for two years, You go on about Ortiz hitting Wilder at will yet the facts are Wilder brutally put him away twice, he also did the same in the first round against Breazil, yet AJ struggled to get him out of there, I realise your fondness towards AJ but I,m just stating facts
[Post edited 5 Dec 2019 21:07]

I'm not fond towards AJ, I'm discussing Wilder.

Did you watch the last Ortiz fight? He was landing the left whenever he wanted. That's because Wilder has no defence, none, zip, zero. You could see WIlders only tactic was to load that right. Now, you can argue that's because he knew Ortiz isn't a heavy hitter - but that makes no sense because Ortiz, let's be blunt, stopped him the first fight.

Wilder has amazing single punch power. Amongst the best I've ever seen, but the fact is as a technical boxer, he's below par. Fighters he's faced have been poor, Ortiz and Fury the best by a mile - and he's struggled, like it or not. Lost to Fury as anyone watching the fight knows.

A heavier hitter than a Fury or Ortiz will ring his bell majorly. The only question, as I keep saying is if he can get that shot off before then.

Next fight against Fury, I'm finding it difficult to call. AS only American HW title holder, Fury could beat him every round 10-8 and still lose on points - I don't see him knocking Wilder out.
AJ V Ruiz 2 on 07:35 - Dec 6 with 1259 viewsperplex

Back to the results Wilder sparked Ortiz twice, Fury survived by seconds, he will now have to outbox Wilder again for 36 mins without being sparked it's going to be such a big ask I doubt he will be able to do it this time but Fury is a very good boxer, and a far better boxer than AJ, Hearn and AJ will do there best to avoid the Wilder fight if they did fight AJ will be totally preoccupied with avoiding Wilders devastating ko power, as I say Wilder by ko just as soon as he connects cleanly probably within 5 rds.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2019 7:36]
AJ V Ruiz 2 on 07:41 - Dec 6 with 1252 viewsBluebird

I think Joshua will stop him around the 7th.
Strange one to predict though i think it's down to not knowing if Ruiz is better than most think he is or he got lucky with a punch to the temple.
Or maybe Joshua had a really shite off day?
AJ V Ruiz 2 on 10:58 - Dec 6 with 1215 viewsbluey_the_blue

AJ V Ruiz 2 on 07:35 - Dec 6 by perplex

Back to the results Wilder sparked Ortiz twice, Fury survived by seconds, he will now have to outbox Wilder again for 36 mins without being sparked it's going to be such a big ask I doubt he will be able to do it this time but Fury is a very good boxer, and a far better boxer than AJ, Hearn and AJ will do there best to avoid the Wilder fight if they did fight AJ will be totally preoccupied with avoiding Wilders devastating ko power, as I say Wilder by ko just as soon as he connects cleanly probably within 5 rds.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2019 7:36]

You seem to ignore Wilder first fight against Ortiz should've been stopped prior to Wilders KO punch - he wasn't able to defend himself.

You seem to ignore the fact Fury outboxed Wilder, Wilder getting a clear home decision.

You seem to ignore the fact Ortiz exposed Wilders lack of defence.

Given Fury and Ortiz are the only real names Wilder has faced, you also seem to ignore the fact he's padded his record against mostly bums.

Who would avoid who?
Login to get fewer ads

AJ V Ruiz 2 on 13:46 - Dec 6 with 1200 viewsbluey_the_blue

AJ 237lbs ( 16st 4lbs ), his lightest in a world title fight. Good move in my opinion. Far less muscle mass.

Ruiz has gone UP to 20st 3lbs. That's over a stone heavier than first fight.
AJ V Ruiz 2 on 13:58 - Dec 6 with 1195 viewsUxbridge

If I were a betting man, I'd view the 1/2 on Joshua as incredibly attractive.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

AJ V Ruiz 2 on 14:14 - Dec 6 with 1184 viewsfbreath

Anyone know what time the fight is due to start UK time

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

AJ V Ruiz 2 on 14:23 - Dec 6 with 1177 viewsLegend83

AJ V Ruiz 2 on 14:14 - Dec 6 by fbreath

10.30pm I believe.
AJ V Ruiz 2 on 16:42 - Dec 6 with 1141 viewsbluey_the_blue

AJ V Ruiz 2 on 14:14 - Dec 6 by fbreath

Ring walks apparently 8:30pm.
AJ V Ruiz 2 on 16:54 - Dec 6 with 1138 viewstheloneranger

AJ V Ruiz 2 on 13:46 - Dec 6 by bluey_the_blue

AJ 237lbs ( 16st 4lbs ), his lightest in a world title fight. Good move in my opinion. Far less muscle mass.

Ruiz has gone UP to 20st 3lbs. That's over a stone heavier than first fight.

With Ruiz coming in at a whopping 283 lbs to Joshua’s 237 ... This has Holyfield - Douglas written all over it.

AJ V Ruiz 2 on 17:05 - Dec 6 with 1125 viewsbluey_the_blue

AJ V Ruiz 2 on 16:54 - Dec 6 by theloneranger

With Ruiz coming in at a whopping 283 lbs to Joshua’s 237 ... This has Holyfield - Douglas written all over it.

Holyfield - Butterbean more like.

I think it's something AJ should've done a few fights before. Bulking up the way he did left him stiff. Greater mobility, stamina should help against Ruiz; hit and move, hit and move.

Just don't get why Ruiz bulked up. Obviously feels he can get it over early, he'll be gassed in the later rounds.
AJ V Ruiz 2 on 17:20 - Dec 6 with 1123 viewstheloneranger

AJ V Ruiz 2 on 17:05 - Dec 6 by bluey_the_blue

Holyfield - Butterbean more like.

I think it's something AJ should've done a few fights before. Bulking up the way he did left him stiff. Greater mobility, stamina should help against Ruiz; hit and move, hit and move.

Just don't get why Ruiz bulked up. Obviously feels he can get it over early, he'll be gassed in the later rounds.

No definitely Holyfield v Douglas. 1990.

After shocking the world of boxing by beating Tyson in Tokyo, Douglas's first defence of his titles was against Holyfield 8 months later.

Douglas came in at 246 lbs, 15 lbs heavier than in the Tyson fight and had been living it up big time ... He got knocked out in the 3rd round.

AJ V Ruiz 2 on 17:24 - Dec 6 with 1115 viewsbluey_the_blue

AJ V Ruiz 2 on 17:20 - Dec 6 by theloneranger

No definitely Holyfield v Douglas. 1990.

After shocking the world of boxing by beating Tyson in Tokyo, Douglas's first defence of his titles was against Holyfield 8 months later.

Douglas came in at 246 lbs, 15 lbs heavier than in the Tyson fight and had been living it up big time ... He got knocked out in the 3rd round.

I meant that Ruiz is starting to look more like Butterbean than anything else if he carries on..

I just don't get it. Ruiz could be towards the top if he simply got into shape.

I think he's accepted he's had his Cinderella moment, will never have to buy a meal in Mexico again and has settled for the cash in this fight.
AJ V Ruiz 2 on 17:33 - Dec 6 with 1111 viewssainthelens

Am all over AJ for this. Have managed to grab odds of 1/2.
He's in last chance saloon, and many have forgotten how good he can be.
AJ V Ruiz 2 on 17:39 - Dec 6 with 1103 viewsjojaca

Joshua can't take a punch, that chin is seriously dodgy at top level. His stamina is questionable, never seen a fighter who can hardly lift his arms in middle of fight. He also quit to easily in the last fight. Real elite fighters don't do it. I think Joshua is a Audley Harrison fraud.

But it's still an interesting fight with Joshua weighing in lighter. But I think if a 20st Ruiz lands a bomb its goodnight. Joshua has got to fight boring like the Parker fight and keep his opponent out of range.

Even when you know, you never know?

AJ V Ruiz 2 on 18:01 - Dec 6 with 1088 viewstheloneranger

AJ V Ruiz 2 on 17:33 - Dec 6 by sainthelens

Am all over AJ for this. Have managed to grab odds of 1/2.
He's in last chance saloon, and many have forgotten how good he can be.

This is the heaviest Ruiz has been in 10 years. Fvck knows what he'll weigh 24 hours after the weigh in.

He looks more like Johnny Vegas.

AJ V Ruiz 2 on 18:15 - Dec 6 with 1079 viewsperplex

AJ V Ruiz 2 on 10:58 - Dec 6 by bluey_the_blue

You seem to ignore Wilder first fight against Ortiz should've been stopped prior to Wilders KO punch - he wasn't able to defend himself.

You seem to ignore the fact Fury outboxed Wilder, Wilder getting a clear home decision.

You seem to ignore the fact Ortiz exposed Wilders lack of defence.

Given Fury and Ortiz are the only real names Wilder has faced, you also seem to ignore the fact he's padded his record against mostly bums.

Who would avoid who?

No mate I am no ignoring anything, your giving what ifs and not making sense, its as if you can not accept the results and the outcome of these fights, yes we all know Fury outboxed Wilder, but he was seconds from getting stopped he was out cold but somehow came around, and Fury is a far better boxer then AJ by the way but I suppose you will deny that, We know Wilder was hurt in the first Ortiz fight but it does not matter that you thought it should have been stopped the facts are he won the two fights in devastating fashion, then in your opinion Wilder has only fought bums yet Joshua is one the most protected fighters in Boxing, you then go on about the age of Ortiz, but again are contradicting yourself because the likes of Povetkin and Klitcscho are in there forties, then we have Dominic Breazil whom both have fought, AJ struggles to put him away yet Wilder sparked him in a round, and yet another fact for you Wilder is unbeaten and never been stopped yet Joshua is not unbeaten has been stopped and it will nor surprise the masses if he gets stopped again tomorrow, results are all that matters pal, you need to try and accept the facts and not rely on what ifs, I rest my case.
AJ V Ruiz 2 on 18:39 - Dec 6 with 1069 viewsA_Fans_Dad

AJ V Ruiz 2 on 18:15 - Dec 6 by perplex

No mate I am no ignoring anything, your giving what ifs and not making sense, its as if you can not accept the results and the outcome of these fights, yes we all know Fury outboxed Wilder, but he was seconds from getting stopped he was out cold but somehow came around, and Fury is a far better boxer then AJ by the way but I suppose you will deny that, We know Wilder was hurt in the first Ortiz fight but it does not matter that you thought it should have been stopped the facts are he won the two fights in devastating fashion, then in your opinion Wilder has only fought bums yet Joshua is one the most protected fighters in Boxing, you then go on about the age of Ortiz, but again are contradicting yourself because the likes of Povetkin and Klitcscho are in there forties, then we have Dominic Breazil whom both have fought, AJ struggles to put him away yet Wilder sparked him in a round, and yet another fact for you Wilder is unbeaten and never been stopped yet Joshua is not unbeaten has been stopped and it will nor surprise the masses if he gets stopped again tomorrow, results are all that matters pal, you need to try and accept the facts and not rely on what ifs, I rest my case.

Wilder, Fury and AJ are all avoiding White for a very good reason.
He hits very hard, is a boxer and a fighter and is very durable.
They will continue to do so to milk the cash cow.
Fury clearly beat Wilder on points and was robbed.
AJ has a weak chin and would lose to Wilder if Wilder tags him, so it would depend on if Wilder could survive being punched by a bigger puncher until AJ slows down and gets caught.
Basically the same scenario as Ruiz.
AJ V Ruiz 2 on 18:41 - Dec 6 with 1066 viewsbluey_the_blue

AJ V Ruiz 2 on 18:15 - Dec 6 by perplex

Jeeezus christ, sentences, paragraphs please.

Hardly "what ifs". Wilder was protected first Ortiz fight, Fury was robbed in their fight. Wilders sole ability is getting a KO punch off.
AJ V Ruiz 2 on 19:15 - Dec 6 with 1055 viewssainthelens

AJ V Ruiz 2 on 18:01 - Dec 6 by theloneranger

This is the heaviest Ruiz has been in 10 years. Fvck knows what he'll weigh 24 hours after the weigh in.

He looks more like Johnny Vegas.

AJ V Ruiz 2 on 18:15 - Dec 7 with 985 viewsperplex

AJ V Ruiz 2 on 18:41 - Dec 6 by bluey_the_blue

Jeeezus christ, sentences, paragraphs please.

Hardly "what ifs". Wilder was protected first Ortiz fight, Fury was robbed in their fight. Wilders sole ability is getting a KO punch off.

No matter what spin you put on things Wilder is unbeaten, flattens or knocks down every one he fights, it`s all about results my friend, accept the facts forget about what ifs and move on, you, will then not get angry at losing a debate by bringing non paragraphs into the equation.
whoops no paragraphs again
[Post edited 7 Dec 2019 18:16]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024