Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cabango 22:22 - Dec 11 with 3157 viewsDr_Winston

Got the look of a young Ashley Williams about him. Chunk of a boy but comfy on the ball and not afraid of a battle. Looks like we've got another good one there.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Cabango on 22:25 - Dec 11 with 3124 viewsThrasher6

The boy done good....

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Cabango on 22:26 - Dec 11 with 3107 views34dfgdf54

Very impressed with him.
Cabango on 22:27 - Dec 11 with 3110 viewsicecoldjack

Looks very raw . Got the build for this league though, glad he played decent, will be a huge boost for him.
Cabango on 22:28 - Dec 11 with 3090 viewsFireboy2

Sorry to put a downer on a positive but the yanks will be rubbing their hands.

Sell Joe this summer and after Ben has a good 20/21 sell him next summer.
Cabango on 22:28 - Dec 11 with 3090 views3swan

Yes good performance. Didn't shirk and wanted to win the ball. Reading of the game was a bit suspect at times but understandable, that should come with more game time
Cabango on 22:31 - Dec 11 with 3045 viewsMrSwerve

He’s looking like he’ll be a great asset to us.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Cabango on 22:47 - Dec 11 with 2952 viewsKilkennyjack

Well played indeed, great start 👏🦢
[Post edited 11 Dec 2019 22:48]

Beware of the Risen People

Cabango on 10:18 - Dec 12 with 2609 viewsNWSwans

Cabango on 22:28 - Dec 11 by Fireboy2

Sorry to put a downer on a positive but the yanks will be rubbing their hands.

Sell Joe this summer and after Ben has a good 20/21 sell him next summer.

But isn't that the whole point of a youth system for a club our size.
Produce the talent and sell on for profit, put that money back in.

The best way of keeping fans on side, making money, progressing through the leagues and improving the national side.

The yanks are putting an end to it maybe but we sell to improve others. If it wasn't for selling Allen, Davies we may never have been in a position to produce James and McBurnie, and now we have Rodon, Roberts, Cabango and Byers. Huge money to be made on them.

The right owners would keep getting this right but we don't have that luxury.
Login to get fewer ads

Cabango on 10:19 - Dec 12 with 2603 viewsBadlands

Cabango on 10:18 - Dec 12 by NWSwans

The best way of keeping fans on side, making money, progressing through the leagues and improving the national side.

The yanks are putting an end to it maybe but we sell to improve others. If it wasn't for selling Allen, Davies we may never have been in a position to produce James and McBurnie, and now we have Rodon, Roberts, Cabango and Byers. Huge money to be made on them.

That's far too sensible a post ... should be ashamed of yourself!

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Cabango on 10:23 - Dec 12 with 2600 viewsdameedna

Not sure about the ownership sentiments.
The comments about selling stars and bringing through youth I so agree with.
Buying Wilf, Andre and Baston are financially crippling for a smallish club however at least we bought and paid for them not like the Cardiff owners who are winkers.
Cabango on 10:26 - Dec 12 with 2595 viewstheloneranger

BUT ... We're not improving!!

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Cabango on 15:28 - Dec 12 with 2360 viewsblackpooljack

But we aint putting the money back though are we
Cabango on 19:24 - Dec 12 with 2220 viewsmajorraglan

Cabango moved to Swansea Academy from Newport, I don’t know the terms of any deal, but I believe that having Cat 1 status enables a club to attract /poach players from a club which has a lower status Academy. So if the Swans downgrade their Academy then they are at risk of losing the next generation of players like Cabango, Rodon, Roberts, McBurnie and Dan James for what is effectively chicken feed, the lad Lake left to join Man City for a low fee and the lad Matando left Cardiff for Man City. Having the best possible Academy the club can afford is a no brainer and it should be a priority.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2019 19:24]
Cabango on 12:28 - Dec 13 with 2077 viewsAngelRangelQS

Cabango on 19:24 - Dec 12 by majorraglan

Cabango moved to Swansea Academy from Newport, I don’t know the terms of any deal, but I believe that having Cat 1 status enables a club to attract /poach players from a club which has a lower status Academy. So if the Swans downgrade their Academy then they are at risk of losing the next generation of players like Cabango, Rodon, Roberts, McBurnie and Dan James for what is effectively chicken feed, the lad Lake left to join Man City for a low fee and the lad Matando left Cardiff for Man City. Having the best possible Academy the club can afford is a no brainer and it should be a priority.

Given the money we spunk away every year on other things, not keeping the academy is mindless
Cabango on 14:09 - Dec 13 with 2009 viewsdobjack2

Especially when Cardiff are looking to upgrade their academy to category 1. They would be in a prime position to attract our best talent if we downgrade our academy.
Cabango on 14:12 - Dec 13 with 2006 viewstylagarwjack

Cabango on 14:09 - Dec 13 by dobjack2

Especially when Cardiff are looking to upgrade their academy to category 1. They would be in a prime position to attract our best talent if we downgrade our academy.

Anyone know his contract position?
Cabango on 14:14 - Dec 13 with 2003 viewsBadlands

At an average seat price of £18 per game Cardiff will make around £2,400,000 more than us in the season.
Fans who stay away then moan there's no money really hack me off.

Cabango on 14:16 - Dec 13 with 1995 viewsTimTtam

It is essential we try to keep out Cat 1 status. But just how expensive is it to run? I've heard various figures ranging from 1M right up to 5M a year. As a Championship club there's no way we could afford to spend 5M every year on it.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Cabango on 14:48 - Dec 13 with 1980 viewsBadlands

Cabango on 14:16 - Dec 13 by TimTtam

It is essential we try to keep out Cat 1 status. But just how expensive is it to run? I've heard various figures ranging from 1M right up to 5M a year. As a Championship club there's no way we could afford to spend 5M every year on it.

'Category one status means the price of running Swansea's academy is thought to be around £4m a year due to facilities, staffing levels and travel costs involved.'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49489825
Half would have been paid by the Premier League but now it's all down to us.

According to Birch (May) Category 2 would save little.
Category 3 is in terms of football and requirements little different from Cat 2

Cat 2 - ££2 to 3 million
Cat 3 - under £1 million.

Cabango on 15:00 - Dec 13 with 1962 viewsNWSwans

Cabango on 10:26 - Dec 12 by theloneranger

BUT ... We're not improving!!

Yes but we were as I said the right owners will keep getting it right, and we all know how our club is being run
Cabango on 15:04 - Dec 13 with 1952 viewsNWSwans

Cabango on 15:28 - Dec 12 by blackpooljack

But we aint putting the money back though are we

Missed my point of the owners

Its quite clear to see when and how the money got reinvested under Jenkins and we are still yet to cash in fully, Cabango, Roberts, Rodon and Byers. If we Sold these in Jan, it could be anywhere between 15 - 30m depending on whose buying
Cabango on 15:28 - Dec 13 with 1925 viewsTimTtam

Cabango on 14:48 - Dec 13 by Badlands

'Category one status means the price of running Swansea's academy is thought to be around £4m a year due to facilities, staffing levels and travel costs involved.'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49489825
Half would have been paid by the Premier League but now it's all down to us.

According to Birch (May) Category 2 would save little.
Category 3 is in terms of football and requirements little different from Cat 2

Cat 2 - ££2 to 3 million
Cat 3 - under £1 million.

We should be ok for 2020/21, but we'd have to set aside money from transfers if we wanted to continue running the academy at Cat 1 after that. 4M is too expensive. Unless however we operate making a large loss, but hope that we find good players through the academy and sell them for a large fee. Either way we will be missing out in keeping quality youngsters.

I have no doubt though, that Birch will opt to downgrade in the next offseason. His job is to cut costs, and this is a big cost. We just have to hope that our current batch of players choose not to leave to another academy.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024