Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) 11:08 - Jan 3 with 39493 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 5 Jan 2020 13:05]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 21:13 - Jan 5 with 2005 viewsWarwickHunt

Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 21:03 - Jan 5 by BillyChong

Garry Monk didn’t sell the club underhand to an absent American hedge fund, unless I missed something.

Nah , he just got two managers sacked then fûcked up our football style. The massive cūnt.
Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 21:53 - Jan 5 with 1865 viewsNotLoyal

Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 21:13 - Jan 5 by WarwickHunt

Nah , he just got two managers sacked then fûcked up our football style. The massive cūnt.

Beautifully put and correct.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 21:59 - Jan 5 with 1851 viewsSTID2017

Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 19:28 - Jan 5 by swan65split

I am fed up with all this depressing talk about the game

heres something to lighten the mood ......6 yrs today we beat Man Utd away 2-1

That was in the other level/

I was there and the thought of what has happened in the 6 years since both Swans and non Swans related has left me thoroughly depressed.
Cheers and Happy New Year Splitty.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 22:16 - Jan 5 with 1785 viewsswan65split

Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 21:59 - Jan 5 by STID2017

I was there and the thought of what has happened in the 6 years since both Swans and non Swans related has left me thoroughly depressed.
Cheers and Happy New Year Splitty.

a few of us think the same way, same to u STID
Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 22:21 - Jan 5 with 1764 viewsLuther27

Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 18:33 - Jan 5 by londonlisa2001

I know many who have had enough. It’s become a chore to go and watch us rather than a pleasure.

Renewals for next season will, I suspect, be shocking if we carry on as we are at the moment.

I'm waiting until the end of January. I normally renew in December but not this time. If the fvckers sell the kitchen sink then don't ask for my money.
Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 22:29 - Jan 5 with 1713 viewsSTID2017

Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 22:21 - Jan 5 by Luther27

I'm waiting until the end of January. I normally renew in December but not this time. If the fvckers sell the kitchen sink then don't ask for my money.

Are they ? I need a new kitchen sink !
Seriously don't hold your breath - I fully expect any reasonable offers to be accepted, whatever Steve Cooper says about still aiming for the play offs.
I have renewed but then I am a glutton for punishment

Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 22:37 - Jan 5 with 1684 viewsLuther27

Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 22:29 - Jan 5 by STID2017

Seriously don't hold your breath - I fully expect any reasonable offers to be accepted, whatever Steve Cooper says about still aiming for the play offs.

Every time I'm tempted to renew I'll watch the highlights of that game while tightening my newly purchased cilice belt
Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 06:26 - Jan 6 with 1415 viewslonglostjack

Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 16:04 - Jan 5 by minimichu

Put Carroll in the same category. Woeful, gutless, shit out. What’s he on a week?

Carroll is a complete and utter waste of space.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Login to get fewer ads

Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 07:31 - Jan 6 with 1375 viewsTimTtam

That was horrible to watch. Thank god my stream cut off before the 5th goal went in. Yes we were playing a weakened team, but the midfield setup is still wrong. I think we've seen why Cooper changed our first team formation to a 4-3-3 to add another midfielder.

The triple change was at least attacking. Celina looked promising (even if he can't beat his man to put a cross in), Byers showed why he's a good impact sub with his goal, but Borja had literally no chances to score or do anything.

We are easy to press, easy to pass through, easy to run past in the midfield, and easy to score against away from home. Meanwhile our press is terrible, we can't pass through the opposition because our skills aren't good enough/midfielders are weak, we can't run past the midfield because the opposition press us, and we lack creativity up forward.

I was disappointed with Nordfeldt. He made some smart saves to stop it from reaching double figures, but his attitude was awful. Right from the get go he looked annoyed and frustrated. He made comments a few months ago that he was unhappy here and may look for a move in January. Bidwell was out of his depth at CB, but the only other options were Naughton & Grimes, who I assume are being rested for Sunday.

Keep in mind I haven't been able to watch all games, but once the first goal was conceded, that was the worst performance I've seen from us.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2020 7:33]

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 10:03 - Jan 6 with 1242 viewsBadlands

Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 22:29 - Jan 5 by STID2017

I've renewed because, like you I suspect, support Swansea City come what may.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 10:51 - Jan 6 with 1182 viewsploppy

Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 07:31 - Jan 6 by TimTtam

That was horrible to watch. Thank god my stream cut off before the 5th goal went in. Yes we were playing a weakened team, but the midfield setup is still wrong. I think we've seen why Cooper changed our first team formation to a 4-3-3 to add another midfielder.

The triple change was at least attacking. Celina looked promising (even if he can't beat his man to put a cross in), Byers showed why he's a good impact sub with his goal, but Borja had literally no chances to score or do anything.

We are easy to press, easy to pass through, easy to run past in the midfield, and easy to score against away from home. Meanwhile our press is terrible, we can't pass through the opposition because our skills aren't good enough/midfielders are weak, we can't run past the midfield because the opposition press us, and we lack creativity up forward.

I was disappointed with Nordfeldt. He made some smart saves to stop it from reaching double figures, but his attitude was awful. Right from the get go he looked annoyed and frustrated. He made comments a few months ago that he was unhappy here and may look for a move in January. Bidwell was out of his depth at CB, but the only other options were Naughton & Grimes, who I assume are being rested for Sunday.

Keep in mind I haven't been able to watch all games, but once the first goal was conceded, that was the worst performance I've seen from us.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2020 7:33]

Pretty much spot on.

Just to add my observations:

Bidwell must be brain-dead. A left-footed player running infield across the box towards his weaker foot. You could see it unfolding before your eyes. Schoolboy stuff.

The number of times we pass the ball into midfield, and the receiver either doesn't control it well enough, or they turn the wrong way, and inevitably get muscled off the ball. Grimes, Byers and Carroll are all guilty of it.

The only time we've pressed well this season was against Charlton last week. And even then we only managed it for one half.
Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 15:55 - Jan 6 with 936 viewsSTID2017

Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 10:03 - Jan 6 by Badlands

I've renewed because, like you I suspect, support Swansea City come what may.

Too right mate.
Long term not supporting the club will hurt our club long after the Yanks and "investors" have gone.
I don't know how or when but this situation has to start getting better, for all our sakes as supporters

Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 16:55 - Jan 6 with 887 viewsTimTtam

Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 10:51 - Jan 6 by ploppy

Pretty much spot on.

Just to add my observations:

Bidwell must be brain-dead. A left-footed player running infield across the box towards his weaker foot. You could see it unfolding before your eyes. Schoolboy stuff.

The number of times we pass the ball into midfield, and the receiver either doesn't control it well enough, or they turn the wrong way, and inevitably get muscled off the ball. Grimes, Byers and Carroll are all guilty of it.

The only time we've pressed well this season was against Charlton last week. And even then we only managed it for one half.

I couldn't watch the Charlton game (time zones). It must've been surreal to see successful pressing?!

Your midfield comments are spot on too. We are awful in 1 on 1s. It got to the stage where as I was watching, I saw a Swans and QPR player go for the ball in a 50/50 battle and before they reached the ball, told myself QPR would win it, no matter how unlikely it seemed. And almost every time, the QPR player won the contest, even when they were totally out of position. Stronger, more skilled, and more motivated. Better in every department essentially.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024