Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) 11:08 - Jan 3 with 39822 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 5 Jan 2020 13:05]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 18:37 - Jan 5 with 2211 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 18:19 - Jan 5 by monmouth

Well here's a shocking thought. Maybe we need to lose badly to Cardiff to wake people up' Lisa is right, even though she's depressed the shit out of me. The trajectory and direction of travel is terrible. Despite where we sit in the table now, we are on a slippery slope. All we can hope is that other clubs don't improve so we have a 50 50 in games. QPR thought we were a good team in August, now they contemptuously laughed at us. The only thing that's changed is more Cooper.

I didn't realise that hey played our first team today.
Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 18:38 - Jan 5 with 2207 viewsDJack

Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 18:26 - Jan 5 by londonlisa2001

Yeah, I realise that, and I’d like us to be the team that first does the double as much as anyone.

But it will put a large sticking plaster over a festering wound. In some ways, we’re better to see the wound for what it is so that we can begin to treat it.

I know.

You are correct (hence the "spot on" comment from me earlier) but a chunk of our fanbase are reeling and are clinging on to minor crumbs of comfort.

I honestly feel that we are circling the plughole next season unless there is a massive change and that change needs to start now.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 18:39 - Jan 5 with 2183 viewsGlastonbury

Sadly the FA cup is now just a cup for reserve teams. The league cup seems to get stronger team selection I wonder if it's cos of the Xmas schedule that weakens the FA cup team selection. League 1 and 2 need the money so a run is important. Premier have bigger squads and can afford to rest against lower leagues championship clubs in and around play offs have to put weakened teams out e.g. Swans have 7 games in Feb 7 ?? Plus Jan games
Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 18:49 - Jan 5 with 2120 viewsswan65split

Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 18:39 - Jan 5 by Glastonbury

Sadly the FA cup is now just a cup for reserve teams. The league cup seems to get stronger team selection I wonder if it's cos of the Xmas schedule that weakens the FA cup team selection. League 1 and 2 need the money so a run is important. Premier have bigger squads and can afford to rest against lower leagues championship clubs in and around play offs have to put weakened teams out e.g. Swans have 7 games in Feb 7 ?? Plus Jan games

And the $$$$s need the ££££
Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 18:50 - Jan 5 with 2104 viewsmonmouth

Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 18:37 - Jan 5 by A_Fans_Dad

I didn't realise that hey played our first team today.

Yeah everything's fine. Our 'first' team plays champagne football.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 18:51 - Jan 5 with 2105 viewsLibertarian

Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 14:57 - Jan 5 by longlostjack

Kalulu has been trying his best. Apart from that - Caroll - don’t get me started. Most positive thing so far is I’ve been pleasantly surprised by the number of toilets on the concourse.

Most positive thing for me today was a new pair of gloves from the Westfield. If I’d lent them to Cooper, do you think he’d have taken his hands out if his pockets? Although he’d probably pick them out of position and put them on his feet.

The rest of the day - Abysmal
Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 18:53 - Jan 5 with 2086 viewsLeonWasGod

Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 18:50 - Jan 5 by monmouth

Yeah everything's fine. Our 'first' team plays champagne football.

Goes flat after 15 minutes?
Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 19:00 - Jan 5 with 2036 viewsperplex

Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 17:28 - Jan 5 by thornabyswan

Maybe after another 12 month contract hardly gping to anything else really.

[Post edited 5 Jan 2020 19:01]
Login to get fewer ads

Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 19:00 - Jan 5 with 2030 viewsmonmouth

Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 18:53 - Jan 5 by LeonWasGod

Goes flat after 15 minutes?

Bottle jobs.

Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 19:01 - Jan 5 with 2024 viewsOldjack

Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 15:02 - Jan 5 by theloneranger

3-0 down and Cooper is still slumped in his seat, hands in his pockets and looks as though he's taken a fvcking overdose. There's no encouragement or inspiration on the touchline, and Mike Marsh is no fvcking better.

Cooper said before the kick off that he loved the FA Cup, well not with the Swans you do you lying cvnt!!

he did say after the match ,they didn't try ,they were piss poor and they're gonna get a bollocking ,or words to that effect

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 19:03 - Jan 5 with 2014 viewstheloneranger

Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 19:01 - Jan 5 by Oldjack

he did say after the match ,they didn't try ,they were piss poor and they're gonna get a bollocking ,or words to that effect

How the fvck he knows what went on, he was comatosed for 85 mins.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 19:10 - Jan 5 with 1971 viewsperplex

Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 16:09 - Jan 5 by legoman

Benzodiazepines

Just shows how gullible our fan base is, there are quite a few on here who actually want Carroll in the team for his know how, guile and experience, its as if they have no idea that the guy is absolutely petrified of contact despite watching the useless muppet for three years.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2020 19:11]
Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 19:16 - Jan 5 with 1934 viewsmonmouth

Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 19:10 - Jan 5 by perplex

Just shows how gullible our fan base is, there are quite a few on here who actually want Carroll in the team for his know how, guile and experience, its as if they have no idea that the guy is absolutely petrified of contact despite watching the useless muppet for three years.

Problem is, every one of our midfireld could be described as useless muppets. And that’s without thinking beyond the midfield.

Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 19:18 - Jan 5 with 1923 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 19:10 - Jan 5 by perplex

Caroll, Fulton, Byers, Grimes, McKay.

I can make a case for every one of them to start the next game. Actually it's exactly the same case for every one of them.

It's because all the others are shit.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 19:19 - Jan 5 with 1912 viewsGaz_M

Cooper is a piss poor man manager.

He is hanging Peterson out to dry since bringing him in, blinking disgrace.
Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 19:20 - Jan 5 with 1908 viewsOldjack

Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 19:03 - Jan 5 by theloneranger

How the fvck he knows what went on, he was comatosed for 85 mins.

perhaps he's given up with those lazy, bone idle, overpaid socalled players ,who show no pride in the shirt whatsoever

dock their wages and pay for the traveling jacks expenses for today

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 19:28 - Jan 5 with 1871 viewsswan65split

I am fed up with all this depressing talk about the game

heres something to lighten the mood ......6 yrs today we beat Man Utd away 2-1

That was in the other level/
Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 19:29 - Jan 5 with 1863 viewsmonmouth

Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 19:28 - Jan 5 by swan65split

I am fed up with all this depressing talk about the game

heres something to lighten the mood ......6 yrs today we beat Man Utd away 2-1

That was in the other level/

And then promptly sacked our manager.

Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 20:06 - Jan 5 with 1688 viewsgordondg

Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 20:08 - Jan 5 with 1682 viewsGaryjack

Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 19:29 - Jan 5 by monmouth

Now that's the Swansea way.
Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 20:08 - Jan 5 with 1678 viewsswan65split

Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 19:29 - Jan 5 by monmouth

Of course...........its the Swansea Way
Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 20:29 - Jan 5 with 1582 viewsBadlands

Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 18:29 - Jan 5 by monmouth

There's a reason for that Rog. It doesn't feel like our club anymore. Even through the 70s (Margate anyone?) it felt like a bond between the club and us. Not now. The prem could have been used to strengthen that bond, and it was to start with, when we were all being fooled by a bunch of greedy lying arseholes. I was proud of 'not just another football club'. I believed it. And I believed in it.

The fact they still try and sell that shit makes me want to puke.

I don't feel any more or less connected to the club.
Swans was, is and always be the team I support and love.
I have marched, put in money and defended the team, club and North Bank on many occasions but have never bought into, 'the club belongs to the fans' mantra because it never has.
Irrespective of who controls the finances the only time we acted like Billy Big Bollocks we ended up screwed by Monk an then he fall out has brought us to where we are today.
Solvent, rubbish manager, awful football, wishing for better but top end of the Championship with a large number of fans determined to run down everything the club does. I remember it wasn't long ago many supporters were telling everyone we aren't like other clubs and other supporters ... yes we are. Expecting others to shell out for our entertainment and moaning because they believe there is some god given right to be in the top 10 of the Premier League so they can go to watch their favourite 'second' team at the Liberty, but don't support the team when we play Charlton or Huddersfield.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 20:54 - Jan 5 with 1474 viewsWarwickHunt

The greatest own goal in our history.
Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 21:03 - Jan 5 with 1423 viewsBillyChong

Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 20:29 - Jan 5 by Badlands

I don't feel any more or less connected to the club.
Swans was, is and always be the team I support and love.
I have marched, put in money and defended the team, club and North Bank on many occasions but have never bought into, 'the club belongs to the fans' mantra because it never has.
Irrespective of who controls the finances the only time we acted like Billy Big Bollocks we ended up screwed by Monk an then he fall out has brought us to where we are today.
Solvent, rubbish manager, awful football, wishing for better but top end of the Championship with a large number of fans determined to run down everything the club does. I remember it wasn't long ago many supporters were telling everyone we aren't like other clubs and other supporters ... yes we are. Expecting others to shell out for our entertainment and moaning because they believe there is some god given right to be in the top 10 of the Premier League so they can go to watch their favourite 'second' team at the Liberty, but don't support the team when we play Charlton or Huddersfield.

Garry Monk didn’t sell the club underhand to an absent American hedge fund, unless I missed something.
Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 21:09 - Jan 5 with 1395 viewsBadlands

Every Mind Matters: The Official Swans v QPR FA Cup Match Thread (14:01 KickOff) on 21:03 - Jan 5 by BillyChong

Garry Monk didn’t sell the club underhand to an absent American hedge fund, unless I missed something.

Yes, you have missed a lot.
American majority share holders have doe nothing to be described underhand or that they are. hedge fund.
How about some comments about the 39% of our shareholders who have sat back and have done nothing positive for the club since they took ownership of their shares.
Monk started the rot that saw us paying silly money for poor players after losing our style and the players capable of playing it.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024