Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brexit is just like Nazi Germany in the 30's 14:03 - Jan 15 with 15178 viewsDarran

Anyone agree with this silly old ćunt?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Brexit is just like Nazi Germany in the 30's on 16:01 - Jan 23 with 1180 viewsKilkennyjack

Brexit is just like Nazi Germany in the 30's on 13:53 - Jan 23 by Catullus

Wales isn't represented on the Union flag because when it was invented the English king considered Wales to be a region of England, Wales was a land he had conquered and absorbed.
Maybe if Boris wants to strengthen the Union he could speak to the Queen about putting Wales on the flag? Seeing as the Welsh are the original Britons we should have a red dragon put right in the middle!

No thanks - the dragon flag is fine.

If a nation is defeated in battle, it does not mean the the nation no longer exists.
It does not matter what any english king may have thought or not thought.

Wales remains a nation.

Beware of the Risen People

Brexit is just like Nazi Germany in the 30's on 16:11 - Jan 23 with 1172 viewsLohengrin

Brexit is just like Nazi Germany in the 30's on 16:01 - Jan 23 by Kilkennyjack

No thanks - the dragon flag is fine.

If a nation is defeated in battle, it does not mean the the nation no longer exists.
It does not matter what any english king may have thought or not thought.

Wales remains a nation.

As a Glamorganite, one of mixed heritage at that, what special commonality is it you think you have with folk from Lleyn over and above that you would share with folk from Cumbria, Killy?

It’s a genuine question.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Brexit is just like Nazi Germany in the 30's on 17:15 - Jan 23 with 1153 viewsKilkennyjack

Brexit is just like Nazi Germany in the 30's on 16:11 - Jan 23 by Lohengrin

As a Glamorganite, one of mixed heritage at that, what special commonality is it you think you have with folk from Lleyn over and above that you would share with folk from Cumbria, Killy?

It’s a genuine question.

Well Cumbria is really welsh mun ... as you know ...

More about Wales not being last in every Westminster consideration viz hs2, rail electrification, bristol airport, tidal lagoon, wealth indicators, and the lack of support - if not hostility - for welsh culture. All recent examples.

Unionism in its current right wing form will make wales into wales-shire.

The Fact that Scotland and the north of Ireland have had far better settlements, does raise the question of Indy Wales offering a better future.

You tell me.

Brexit is just like Nazi Germany in the 30's on 17:21 - Jan 23 with 1148 viewsHighjack

Brexit is just like Nazi Germany in the 30's on 17:15 - Jan 23 by Kilkennyjack

More about Wales not being last in every Westminster consideration viz hs2, rail electrification, bristol airport, tidal lagoon, wealth indicators, and the lack of support - if not hostility - for welsh culture. All recent examples.

The Fact that Scotland and the north of Ireland have had far better settlements, does raise the question of Indy Wales offering a better future.

You tell me.

Judging by the welsh assembly’s current and past record we are a million miles away from having any sort of success as an independent nation. The great Mark Drakeford would make a fabulous leader and would be a true giant on the world stage, but even he can’t make up for the bunch of idiots he is surrounded by.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Brexit is just like Nazi Germany in the 30's on 17:27 - Jan 23 with 1144 viewsKilkennyjack

Brexit is just like Nazi Germany in the 30's on 17:21 - Jan 23 by Highjack

Judging by the welsh assembly’s current and past record we are a million miles away from having any sort of success as an independent nation. The great Mark Drakeford would make a fabulous leader and would be a true giant on the world stage, but even he can’t make up for the bunch of idiots he is surrounded by.

Whereas Boris, Gove, Pritti, Hunt, and Rab are all perfectly normal. Not.

Not to mention Fox, Davis and the evil Mogg.

By comparison, the Senedd is fantastic.

Brexit is just like Nazi Germany in the 30's on 17:35 - Jan 23 with 1142 viewsHighjack

Brexit is just like Nazi Germany in the 30's on 17:27 - Jan 23 by Kilkennyjack

Whereas Boris, Gove, Pritti, Hunt, and Rab are all perfectly normal. Not.

Not to mention Fox, Davis and the evil Mogg.

By comparison, the Senedd is fantastic.

No it isn’t. It’s pathetic. Most welsh people probably wouldn’t even know who the first minister is, despite the fact he’s amazing and gorgeous. They’re more than happy to stay out of the public eye and just carry on quietly. Largely anonymous, faceless, nameless identikit nobodies.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Brexit is just like Nazi Germany in the 30's on 17:50 - Jan 23 with 1137 viewsKilkennyjack

Brexit is just like Nazi Germany in the 30's on 17:35 - Jan 23 by Highjack

No it isn’t. It’s pathetic. Most welsh people probably wouldn’t even know who the first minister is, despite the fact he’s amazing and gorgeous. They’re more than happy to stay out of the public eye and just carry on quietly. Largely anonymous, faceless, nameless identikit nobodies.

Valid points, but until The Senedd starts an illegal war in the Arab world then its ahead of Westminster.

In Drakes we trust.
(I think Mr Price is next up as FM)

Brexit is just like Nazi Germany in the 30's on 19:07 - Jan 23 with 1117 viewsLohengrin

Brexit is just like Nazi Germany in the 30's on 17:15 - Jan 23 by Kilkennyjack

You tell me.

”Well Cumbria is really welsh mun ... as you know ...

I didn’t choose the county at random.

As for the second paragraph I liaise with contractors from all over the UK and your gripes are markedly similar to those I constantly hear off boys from Tay and Teeside.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Login to get fewer ads

Brexit is just like Nazi Germany in the 30's on 19:39 - Jan 23 with 1096 viewsexiledclaseboy

Brexit is just like Nazi Germany in the 30's on 19:07 - Jan 23 by Lohengrin

As for the second paragraph I liaise with contractors from all over the UK and your gripes are markedly similar to those I constantly hear off boys from Tay and Teeside.

You’ll find similar gripes, whether justified or not, in almost every region outside of the south east of England.

Poll: Tory leader

Brexit is just like Nazi Germany in the 30's on 19:48 - Jan 23 with 1091 viewsCatullus

The funding issue is a false argument. Wales gets more money per head than every region of England besides London. Kilk will still argue it's not enough money but I can still argue we don't come last, behind London, Scotland and possibly NI but not last.

Then I will argue against the Senedd, as Kilk well knows the Senedd gives more to the SE of Wales than is fair and allows most of Wales to stagnate. Drakeford also turned down Bojo's offer of money for the M4 relief saying Wales will decide where the money is spent. By Wales he meant himself, by where he may have meant Cardiff...possibly.

Military matters are not devolved so that's a pointless argument but Wales is strongly represented in our military history, plenty have fought for this country, GB or the UK but in modern times no one has gone to war for Wales.

It always puzzles me how someone will be so anti English, they will consider themselves European but not British. I know the English have historically been very naughty boys and girls but it's not like other European countries have been little angels!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Brexit is just like Nazi Germany in the 30's on 20:02 - Jan 23 with 1087 viewslonglostjack

Brexit is just like Nazi Germany in the 30's on 16:11 - Jan 23 by Lohengrin

It’s a genuine question.

An interesting question. Grew up in the sixties in agricultural Welsh speaking west Wales with parents from the (not so pure Welsh speaking ? ) Swansea valley and Monmouthshire. The Swansea side had far more in common with Sheffield, Monmouth being agricultural with Ceredigion - except for language obviously. Probably why I’ve ended up married to a Swede and living in Germany.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2020 20:06]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Brexit is just like Nazi Germany in the 30's on 22:24 - Jan 23 with 1055 viewsKilkennyjack

Yes the south east of England has shafted the north of England as well as Wales.

But .... Wales has an Indy option.
Wales never voted to join the UK, so no Westminster ’permission to vote’ is needed to take us out.
If the elected Welsh Govt wants a peoples vote for Indy ...then thats that.

carwyn spoke up today saying that uk govt is not sovereign In law.
Pity he never spoke up when he was the FM.

Brexit is just like Nazi Germany in the 30's on 18:36 - Jan 26 with 992 viewsjackrmee

So is Brexit actually, definitely happening on 31st?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Brexit is just like Nazi Germany in the 30's on 20:22 - Jan 26 with 954 viewscontroversial_jack

Brexit is just like Nazi Germany in the 30's on 18:36 - Jan 26 by jackrmee

In name , yes.
Brexit is just like Nazi Germany in the 30's on 20:28 - Jan 26 with 954 viewsexiledclaseboy

Brexit is just like Nazi Germany in the 30's on 18:36 - Jan 26 by jackrmee

Yes.

Brexit is just like Nazi Germany in the 30's on 20:39 - Jan 26 with 947 viewsjackrmee

Brexit is just like Nazi Germany in the 30's on 20:28 - Jan 26 by exiledclaseboy

Yes.

ffs

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Brexit is just like Nazi Germany in the 30's on 20:57 - Jan 26 with 933 viewsHighjack

Brexit is just like Nazi Germany in the 30's on 20:28 - Jan 26 by exiledclaseboy

Yes.

About f*cking time too.

Brexit is just like Nazi Germany in the 30's on 21:02 - Jan 26 with 929 viewsexiledclaseboy

Brexit is just like Nazi Germany in the 30's on 20:57 - Jan 26 by Highjack

About f*cking time too.

It is what it is. You must feel pretty silly though as you spent 750 pages on the Brexit thread insisting that there was a super secret plot by all involved to keep us in all along.

Brexit is just like Nazi Germany in the 30's on 21:11 - Jan 26 with 915 viewsCatullus

Brexit is just like Nazi Germany in the 30's on 21:02 - Jan 26 by exiledclaseboy

It is what it is. You must feel pretty silly though as you spent 750 pages on the Brexit thread insisting that there was a super secret plot by all involved to keep us in all along.

It wasn't a secret though, most MP's (not all involved though) were doing what they could to stall/stop brexit. It was only Bojo's majority that got things moving or we'd still be going around in circles now.

Corbyn asked nay demanded a GE how many times? Yet when Bojo said lets do it Corbyn changed his tune and the oppo parties all cosied up together to deny a GE but they couldn't keep the untiy going for long.

It doesn't really matter now, does it? We are where we are and for better or for worse blah blah blah ad infinitum....

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Brexit is just like Nazi Germany in the 30's on 21:16 - Jan 26 with 909 viewsexiledclaseboy

Brexit is just like Nazi Germany in the 30's on 21:11 - Jan 26 by Catullus

It wasn't a secret though, most MP's (not all involved though) were doing what they could to stall/stop brexit. It was only Bojo's majority that got things moving or we'd still be going around in circles now.

Corbyn asked nay demanded a GE how many times? Yet when Bojo said lets do it Corbyn changed his tune and the oppo parties all cosied up together to deny a GE but they couldn't keep the untiy going for long.

It doesn't really matter now, does it? We are where we are and for better or for worse blah blah blah ad infinitum....

Highjack’s view was that the government itself was secretly planning to keep us in and had no intention of fulfilling the referendum result. Nor for the first time, you’ve missed the point entirely.

Brexit is just like Nazi Germany in the 30's on 21:24 - Jan 26 with 891 viewsCatullus

Brexit is just like Nazi Germany in the 30's on 21:16 - Jan 26 by exiledclaseboy

Highjack’s view was that the government itself was secretly planning to keep us in and had no intention of fulfilling the referendum result. Nor for the first time, you’ve missed the point entirely.

People in the government were trying to stop it. Hammond for one. There's plenty who believe May's deal was brexit in name only and it was all part of her plan to have brexit extra lite which kept us tied to the EU potentially with no way out.

Brexit is just like Nazi Germany in the 30's on 21:29 - Jan 26 with 880 viewsexiledclaseboy

Brexit is just like Nazi Germany in the 30's on 21:24 - Jan 26 by Catullus

People in the government were trying to stop it. Hammond for one. There's plenty who believe May's deal was brexit in name only and it was all part of her plan to have brexit extra lite which kept us tied to the EU potentially with no way out.

Johnson’s deal is 95% the same as May’s deal was.

And again, Highjack’s oft expressed view was that the government never had any intention of leaving the EU. Despite invoking article 50, legislating to repeal the ECA 1972 and negotiating an exit deal that clearly and unequivocally takes us out of the EU. Not “people In the government”.

Brexit is just like Nazi Germany in the 30's on 21:32 - Jan 26 with 872 viewsJango

Brexit is just like Nazi Germany in the 30's on 21:16 - Jan 26 by exiledclaseboy

I seem to remember people on here being mocked and ridiculed for suggesting ardent remainer Ollie Robbins was running the show behind the scenes . Ever since Johnson has taken over those very people doing the ridiculing have been crying that Cummings is pulling all the strings.
Brexit is just like Nazi Germany in the 30's on 21:36 - Jan 26 with 868 viewsCatullus

Brexit is just like Nazi Germany in the 30's on 21:29 - Jan 26 by exiledclaseboy

Johnson’s deal is 95% the same as May’s deal was.

And again, Highjack’s oft expressed view was that the government never had any intention of leaving the EU. Despite invoking article 50, legislating to repeal the ECA 1972 and negotiating an exit deal that clearly and unequivocally takes us out of the EU. Not “people In the government”.

Yes but when the people in the government who some people thought were trying to stop brexit were the Prime Minister and Chancellor, as well as a few others, it pretty much is the government.
It's helped cause May's downfall (with a nudge from the ERG) and saw Bojo installed as our new illustrious leader, a brexit ray of sunshine, or the son of Satan depending on your viewpoint.

That was the perception by some, not the majority. I didn't think May was trying to stop brexit I just thought she was useless but then, that's my general opinion of politicians.

Brexit is just like Nazi Germany in the 30's on 21:39 - Jan 26 with 865 viewsexiledclaseboy

Brexit is just like Nazi Germany in the 30's on 21:36 - Jan 26 by Catullus

Yes but when the people in the government who some people thought were trying to stop brexit were the Prime Minister and Chancellor, as well as a few others, it pretty much is the government.
It's helped cause May's downfall (with a nudge from the ERG) and saw Bojo installed as our new illustrious leader, a brexit ray of sunshine, or the son of Satan depending on your viewpoint.

That was the perception by some, not the majority. I didn't think May was trying to stop brexit I just thought she was useless but then, that's my general opinion of politicians.

I’m out. I’m actually kicking myself for engaging with you. I’d almost forgotten how frustrating your consistent inability to grasp basic concepts is.

Ta ta.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024