Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
La Parrilla 16:55 - Jan 15 with 11023 viewsraynor94

Closing its Restaurants on Sa1 and the Mumbles from Wednesday, bit of a shock there

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

La Parrilla on 18:38 - Jan 20 with 1249 viewswaynekerr55

La Parrilla on 16:05 - Jan 20 by raynor94

Same as the Marquis

The Marquis isn't seen as Swansea's answer to Dinner by Blumenthal though

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

La Parrilla on 20:07 - Jan 20 with 1189 viewsFlashberryjack

La Parrilla on 23:14 - Jan 19 by pikeypaul

The food is normally fine,nothing exceptional but good value for such a cheap price.They never show you to your table unless it’s already cleared so I do not get how you asked 5 times for it to be cleared,If you go in without booking they always ask you to wait at the desk until a clean,serviced table is available , we go about once a week upstairs and about 3 times downstairs and always get great service.

I do admit it’s not as good as when it first opened but still a great venue with stunning views , Stella is £3.75 pint which is cheaper than any of the local pubs on the other side of the road.They must be doing something right when it’s booked out most days, I bet la Parrilla would have been happy for 1/20th the custom BP gets.

You must have caught them on an off day I imagine.

" I do not get how you asked 5 times for it to be cleared"
We were on a small table for two which wasn't a problem.

We finished our starters "please could you clear the table please" twice.

Mains arrive"please could you clear the table" twice.

Sweets arrive "could you clear the table please" twice.

Apologies just checked with the missus... six times.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

La Parrilla on 20:33 - Jan 20 with 1159 viewsJinxy

"Sweets" - love it! It's like when I refer to my wife's top as a "blouse". She goes bollistic,every time...
La Parrilla on 20:39 - Jan 20 with 1149 viewsSwanjaxs

La Parrilla on 20:33 - Jan 20 by Jinxy

"Sweets" - love it! It's like when I refer to my wife's top as a "blouse". She goes bollistic,every time...

Try referring to your wife's new dress as a "frock"...

I won't make that mistake again
[Post edited 20 Jan 2020 20:40]

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

La Parrilla on 20:51 - Jan 20 with 1126 viewsJinxy

La Parrilla on 20:39 - Jan 20 by Swanjaxs

Try referring to your wife's new dress as a "frock"...

I won't make that mistake again
[Post edited 20 Jan 2020 20:40]

Great minds, I've done that too, quite often. Try the "scent" in place of perfume trick too. If you don't fancy going out, works every time!
La Parrilla on 21:02 - Jan 20 with 1111 viewsexiledclaseboy

What’s wrong with sizzling plates? Is that a no no in food snob circles?

Poll: Tory leader

La Parrilla on 21:07 - Jan 20 with 1101 viewsSwanjaxs

La Parrilla on 21:02 - Jan 20 by exiledclaseboy

Went to the Marquis for grub tonight.

Best Hunters chicken I've ever had.

Everyone else really enjoyed thier food.

Really good menu too 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

La Parrilla on 21:09 - Jan 20 with 1076 viewsWarwickHunt

Meat needs to rest before it’s eaten, not continue being overcooked in front of you.
Login to get fewer ads

La Parrilla on 21:09 - Jan 20 with 1094 viewsraynor94

Don't know about others, but I had a cracking sirloin served in a skillet up the Marquis Saturday

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

La Parrilla on 21:11 - Jan 20 with 1089 viewsFlashberryjack

La Parrilla on 20:33 - Jan 20 by Jinxy

Kin hell! I always say Blouse, Frock, Sweets, and Chips instead of "French Fries.

I guess I'm just and old fashioned type of guy.

Hello

La Parrilla on 21:12 - Jan 20 with 1086 viewsJinxy

Well, the meat should rest shouldn't it and not continue to cook on front of your very eyes. Having said that, I love the steaks at the braz, and the chips are gorgeous.

Has anyone had the lush beef medallions on the lunch menu - in pepper sauce? They're fillet steak and are cushions of loveliness. My death row meal most probs.
La Parrilla on 21:17 - Jan 20 with 1079 viewsexiledclaseboy

La Parrilla on 21:09 - Jan 20 by raynor94

Don't know about others, but I had a cracking sirloin served in a skillet up the Marquis Saturday

Haven’t been there since we moved from Fforestfach. The Old Inn is our pub grub of choice these days. Not a sizzling plate in sight. Have that, Egon Ronay Waynekerr

La Parrilla on 21:19 - Jan 20 with 1071 viewsSwanjaxs

La Parrilla on 21:09 - Jan 20 by WarwickHunt

Meat needs to rest before it’s eaten, not continue being overcooked in front of you.

Trick is, if you want your steak cooked medium ask for it rare then watch it cook to your liking in front of your eyes...

Only 9.99 instead of 40 notes too ❤

La Parrilla on 21:22 - Jan 20 with 1064 viewsFlashberryjack

La Parrilla on 21:17 - Jan 20 by exiledclaseboy

Haven’t been there since we moved from Fforestfach. The Old Inn is our pub grub of choice these days. Not a sizzling plate in sight. Have that, Egon Ronay Waynekerr

The plate should be hot/warm but not sizzling...so I'm told.

Hello

La Parrilla on 21:22 - Jan 20 with 1063 viewsSwanjaxs

Old Inn is one of my regular haunts too for Monday club.

Cracking meal fair play, but give the Marquis a go, first time I've been there for food for years and was really impressed 👍
[Post edited 20 Jan 2020 21:24]

La Parrilla on 21:24 - Jan 20 with 1040 viewsWarwickHunt

La Parrilla on 21:19 - Jan 20 by Swanjaxs

Trick is, if you want your steak cooked medium ask for it rare then watch it cook to your liking in front of your eyes...

Only 9.99 instead of 40 notes too ❤

You’ve haven’t thought this through, have you?
La Parrilla on 21:24 - Jan 20 with 1056 viewsexiledclaseboy

La Parrilla on 21:22 - Jan 20 by Swanjaxs

Old Inn is one of my regular haunts too for Monday club.

Cracking meal fair play, but give the Marquis a go, first time I've been there for food for years and was really impressed 👍
[Post edited 20 Jan 2020 21:24]

May do that. As I said, it’s been a few years and don’t remember it being up to much but it’s obviously improved, which is good. It’s a nice pub. Used to drink there regularly back in the day. Different pub back then mind.

La Parrilla on 21:28 - Jan 20 with 1034 viewsSwanjaxs

La Parrilla on 21:24 - Jan 20 by exiledclaseboy

May do that. As I said, it’s been a few years and don’t remember it being up to much but it’s obviously improved, which is good. It’s a nice pub. Used to drink there regularly back in the day. Different pub back then mind.

Used to drink there 20 odd years ago when I was seeing a slapper who lived in Middle Rd (I'm not bitter though)

Food was pretty crap then to be honest but was really good tonight.

Give it a try matey 👍

La Parrilla on 21:30 - Jan 20 with 1027 viewsexiledclaseboy

La Parrilla on 21:28 - Jan 20 by Swanjaxs

Used to drink there 20 odd years ago when I was seeing a slapper who lived in Middle Rd (I'm not bitter though)

Food was pretty crap then to be honest but was really good tonight.

Give it a try matey 👍

I used to go there was I was working in Tesco down the road, probably about 25 years ago now. The landlord at the time was a massive tw@t. He hated us.

La Parrilla on 21:33 - Jan 20 with 1014 viewswaynekerr55

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

La Parrilla on 21:36 - Jan 20 with 1007 viewsSwanjaxs

La Parrilla on 21:30 - Jan 20 by exiledclaseboy

I used to go there was I was working in Tesco down the road, probably about 25 years ago now. The landlord at the time was a massive tw@t. He hated us.

Mike?

I remember him, grumpy coont.

I was in there when it got burnt down.

Was about 1pm a d the chef came running out of the kitchen with a tea towel on fire and shouting "everybody get out"

There was only about 20 in the pub and we all thought he was joking so all laughed at him.

When he grabbed a fire extinguisher and let it off as he was running back in to the kitchen we realised he was serious.

Funny thing is most people picked thier food up and walked out onto the grass bank and carried on eating as the fire engines turned up ...

La Parrilla on 22:02 - Jan 20 with 974 viewsGowerjack

Yep.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

La Parrilla on 03:35 - Jan 21 with 876 viewspikeypaul

La Parrilla on 18:59 - Jan 19 by dickythorpe

I find Brains pubs have upped their game.
I had a Sunday lunch today in the Savoy, St.Clears for £7.49.
Plus there's 30% off their whole ale range as part of their "Try January" promotion. (They did it last year as well)

I've always liked the Pumphouse in the Marina as a venue but more for drink that food. Will have to eat there soon as the value is there and better quality than some of the £12-£18 Sunday lunches

Regarding the Try January promotion Brains are running you can also get a gift card for up to £40 that adds a 25% bonus on to it and can be used for up to 3 years, along with that they have vouchers giving 30% of the entire bill including drinks, on condition at least 1 main meal is ordered.
This applies in the Grape and Olive and The George Mumbles , if you combine the offers you end up paying less than 1/2 price and there is no limit to the gift cards you can buy and the 30% vouchers can be obtained online,and like dicky said you also get 30% off certain Brains products even without the card or voucher, used along with the card offer and the voucher it’s a very good deal.
2 Sunday lunches ( the only thing they do well in the George) 2 Double Bombay sapphire G&Ts and 3 pints cost £18 plus they loaded an extra £10 on to the gift card so it actually cost me £8😂😂😂
[Post edited 21 Jan 2020 3:56]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

La Parrilla on 04:33 - Jan 21 with 863 viewspikeypaul

La Parrilla on 20:07 - Jan 20 by Flashberryjack

" I do not get how you asked 5 times for it to be cleared"
We were on a small table for two which wasn't a problem.

We finished our starters "please could you clear the table please" twice.

Mains arrive"please could you clear the table" twice.

Sweets arrive "could you clear the table please" twice.

Apologies just checked with the missus... six times.

If you were on one of the of the small tables like you say or any other for that matter , it would have been impossible to get the main course plates down if the starter plates were still there and even more so the desert plates if the main course plates were still there.
No course is ever brought out until the plates are removed from the last course since it’s physically impossible to put the next plates down something anyone that has been there can testify to,unless you are saying they balanced your desert plates on top of your used main course plates😂, the tables you say you were on can barely accommodate a pair of main course plates and the lack of room on most tables there is a problem especially the small tables you say you were on.
For whatever reason you obviously have a problem about the place but please do not make things up which are easy to disprove.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2020 5:36]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

La Parrilla on 10:46 - Jan 21 with 763 viewsjack247

The Argentinian steakhouse that used to be near the old Barons gave you raw or blue steak and a hot stone alongside your food so you could cook it to your own tastes. That was pretty good.

Serving it on a hot skillet, causing it to get tougher during the meal is ok for a bit of fun in a chain pub, but I’d expect a bit more if I was paying top whack in a proper restaurant.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024