Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FAO Lisa 19:04 - Jan 22 with 2610 viewsDarran

Off you go.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

FAO Lisa on 10:59 - Jan 23 with 645 viewsBatterseajack

FAO Lisa on 10:25 - Jan 23 by Lohengrin

I can see that scenario. We were lucky in that respect, both sets of grandparents were more than happy to help out, eager even, otherwise we’d have gone down the same route as you and had to cut our cloth.

That's the best scenario for all involved. The people who can work, work. The Grandparents keep active and mentally stimulated by keeping up with children. The children get spoiled with sweets.
FAO Lisa on 12:00 - Jan 23 with 607 viewsAlfieMooresSon

FAO Lisa on 21:46 - Jan 22 by Swanjaxs

Plenty for them to do around the house see.

Making the husband a hearty breakfast before he goes off to work.

Kids to school.

Put washing on/ ironing.

Hovering and dusting.

Baking in the afternoon.

Pick kids up.

Preparing a nice evening meal for husband and kids.

Instead most prefer to swan off to work and spend the day gossiping

Exactly and it gets hard to remember when to do all of that, I find they love a bit of help, so set the Alexa to remind them, like Hay Mrs M it's 8:30 if you don't leave in ten minutes the kids will be late for school, and hay Mrs M it's 5:30 you had better get Alfie's tea on, he'll be home at six!
[Post edited 23 Jan 2020 12:02]
FAO Lisa on 12:19 - Jan 23 with 589 viewsLohengrin

FAO Lisa on 10:50 - Jan 23 by JackSomething

Nothing at all, but the odd loon or troll claiming it on Twitter allows the 'PC gone mad' crowd to indulge in their usual shtick.

It allows them to ignore that the majority of people who believe in equality would not say such things and allows them to paint everyone on the 'left' in the same light as the loon that Jango quoted. Funnily enough, it doesn't go down as well when all Brexiteers are labelled as racists when it's more likely that only a relatively small number of them are.

The Spaniard knows...

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

FAO Lisa on 19:54 - Jan 23 with 464 viewslondonlisa2001

FAO Darran,

As with everything else I’m firmly of the opinion that if it suits the people involved, is consensual by all parties, and doesn’t hurt anybody else it’s completely up to them and is absolutely fine by me.

Unsure why anyone would think any differently to be honest.

They’re lucky that they can afford to have only one working whether male or female. Many don’t have that luxury.
FAO Lisa on 19:54 - Jan 23 with 460 viewslondonlisa2001

FAO Lisa on 19:13 - Jan 22 by Highjack

As long as it’s the woman’s choice then it shouldn’t be an issue.

Completely agree.
FAO Lisa on 19:57 - Jan 23 with 446 viewsHighjack

FAO Lisa on 19:18 - Jan 22 by Lohengrin

It’s an excellent thing if the family are able to afford it. It can’t be nice for a nipper to come home from school to an empty house and no tea all the time.

Absolutely. My mum chose to give up work and become a full time mum. She was always there for me and my brother which was always a good thing apart from when I wanted to sneak girls home.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

FAO Lisa on 19:59 - Jan 23 with 445 viewslifelong

FAO Lisa on 19:54 - Jan 23 by londonlisa2001

FAO Darran,

As with everything else I’m firmly of the opinion that if it suits the people involved, is consensual by all parties, and doesn’t hurt anybody else it’s completely up to them and is absolutely fine by me.

Unsure why anyone would think any differently to be honest.

They’re lucky that they can afford to have only one working whether male or female. Many don’t have that luxury.

The number of grandparents you see out and about with young children these days is incredible.
FAO Lisa on 20:14 - Jan 23 with 429 viewslondonlisa2001

FAO Lisa on 19:59 - Jan 23 by lifelong

The number of grandparents you see out and about with young children these days is incredible.

Financial reasons in many cases I imagine.

It’s difficult for grandparents in some situations - just when they want to put their feet up and have a relaxing time, they may feel duty bound to look after the little ones. I know many, probably the majority, will enjoy it, but it must be hard if it’s a necessity rather than a choice - they’d feel terribly guilty if they didn’t help out but it’s a burden for them to have to do it every day rather than more occasionally.
Login to get fewer ads

FAO Lisa on 20:22 - Jan 23 with 404 viewsNeath_Jack

FAO Lisa on 20:14 - Jan 23 by londonlisa2001

It’s difficult for grandparents in some situations - just when they want to put their feet up and have a relaxing time, they may feel duty bound to look after the little ones. I know many, probably the majority, will enjoy it, but it must be hard if it’s a necessity rather than a choice - they’d feel terribly guilty if they didn’t help out but it’s a burden for them to have to do it every day rather than more occasionally.

Best thing in the world being a grandparent.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

FAO Lisa on 20:23 - Jan 23 with 401 viewslifelong

I was in Morrisons today and there was at least ten lots of grandparents there with very young children, some of them seemed to be visibly struggling.
FAO Lisa on 20:23 - Jan 23 with 401 viewsNeath_Jack

FAO Lisa on 12:19 - Jan 23 by Lohengrin

The Spaniard knows...

DarrenofPlymouth is even duller than DarranofBaglan.

And he's a daft f*cking racist as well.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

FAO Lisa on 20:25 - Jan 23 with 398 viewsexiledclaseboy

Most of my siblings would have really struggled with childcare and the necessity to keep two wages coming in if it hadn’t been for my mother. I’m not sure she ever saw it as a burden mind, although she was quite young I suppose.

Poll: Tory leader

FAO Lisa on 20:34 - Jan 23 with 371 viewslondonlisa2001

FAO Lisa on 20:22 - Jan 23 by Neath_Jack

Best thing in the world being a grandparent.

Of course. But I’m talking about full time care. Monday to Friday every week.

If you’re in your late sixties / seventies, looking after a couple of young kids is no easy matter.

If younger, you often have the strain of looking after little ones and also could have an older parent that requires care.
(No subject) (n/t) on 20:34 - Jan 23 with 368 viewsCooperman

Edit - no idea what happened here. Lengthy post gone walkabout.
[Post edited 23 Jan 2020 20:36]

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

FAO Lisa on 20:42 - Jan 23 with 343 viewsNeath_Jack

FAO Lisa on 20:34 - Jan 23 by londonlisa2001

Of course. But I’m talking about full time care. Monday to Friday every week.

If you’re in your late sixties / seventies, looking after a couple of young kids is no easy matter.

If younger, you often have the strain of looking after little ones and also could have an older parent that requires care.

Grandparents are younger and fitter than ever these days.

Plus one of the parents are usually off work for the first year to 18 months in my experience. The grandparents are generally just picking the kids up from school at lunch time, giving them a bit of grub, kid falls asleep in the afternoon for an hour or two, then mammy and daddy are home from work again.

It's not like they got them from 7am to 7pm.

There will be extreme cases of course.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024