Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rest In Peace 'Gwil Llew' 01:17 - Jan 30 with 11515 viewsTNT

At the request of Gwilym Llewelyn Williams' family:

Sadly, Gwil Llew passed away earlier. A huge Swans fan of almost 50 years.

Many of you may have read his post on here, not long ago, saying that he'd survived a heart attack whilst watching Wales at the cardiff city stadium. A huge fan of The Wales team, as well as of his beloved Swans.

He posted on here as 'Giantstoneater'

A loyal friend, football fan, and father of two great kids.

Rest In Peace, Gwil… You'll be so missed, You Jack Bastard.

Nos da, wus.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Rest In Peace 'Gwil Llew' on 00:51 - Feb 2 with 1983 viewsDewi1jack

Sincerest condolences to all his family and friends

RIP to an ex serviceman and total Jack B'stard

"10 degrees down' Keep six feet"

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Rest In Peace 'Gwil Llew' on 10:52 - Feb 2 with 1919 viewsowainglyndwr

Hwyl am narw
Nos Da
RIP
Rest In Peace 'Gwil Llew' on 10:57 - Feb 2 with 1912 viewsFireboy2

Rest In Peace 'Gwil Llew' on 21:00 - Jan 31 by TNT

Knowledgeable he was mate, and we never had a cross word, in any of our 'non-football world', in all the years we were mates, but we rarely agreed on team selection, formation, tic-tacs etc. Just like us all on here. We all think we're the best manager of OUR team. That's football fans all over the World. Nothing wrong with that.

Another lovely one... in all the years I've been a Swans fan, and all The Jacks I've met in that time, he's the only one I've come across whose favourite all time Swans player was Steve Thornber! He was also a huge fan of Robbie James, and I get that. He fancied himself as a bit of a midfielder himself in his day. Never saw him play, but a few said he was good (when he wasn't listening!).

It was also remiss of me to earlier not include his beautiful daughter as an ardent Swans fan, who will continue to carry our SCFC torch. I'm now struggling to write through the tears.

Caru ti, Beth. X

Absolutely fantastic post Lyn 👏
Rest In Peace 'Gwil Llew' on 16:13 - Feb 2 with 1859 viewslibertyx

So sad. RIP Gwil x
Rest In Peace 'Gwil Llew' on 18:12 - Feb 2 with 1819 viewsbuilthjack

Anyone got a picture?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Rest In Peace 'Gwil Llew' on 18:28 - Feb 2 with 1801 viewsGaryjack

RIP Gwil, very sad
Rest In Peace 'Gwil Llew' on 09:11 - Feb 3 with 1739 viewscbrace1

A lovely chap, one who will be sorely missed by all. Will miss our chats in the Railway dearly.

Rip, Mate x
Rest In Peace 'Gwil Llew' on 21:21 - Feb 3 with 1674 viewsDan_Swan

As others have mentioned I remember adding to the thread about Download 2019 and wishing he had a speedy recovery to be back for 2020. Sadly that's not to be :-( so i'll raise a glass or two to him at Donington in June.

Sending my condolences to his family & of course Rest Easy GL.

Still following Dr's orders!

Login to get fewer ads

Rest In Peace 'Gwil Llew' on 21:39 - Feb 3 with 1656 viewsTNT

Rest In Peace 'Gwil Llew' on 18:12 - Feb 2 by builthjack

Anyone got a picture?

Not the greatest at that sort of stuff mate. I did post a photo not long ago with about ten of us in. When I found the thread, 'Tinypic' or whatever it was called had disappeared and so had the photo with it. I'm sure Nigel Drean has a photo, which could be put here. I met Nigel at Aldershot away, back in the day, he was handing out slips of paper inviting Swans fans living in London to a meet, I think in Covent Garden (may have been The Swan or The Chandos). I was waiting for my brother, travelling from London, to meet me on the away terrace. I took a slip of paper, and the rest is history. Met a great bunch of lads thereafter, and their families, who have become great friends, one of which was Gwil.

Rest In Peace 'Gwil Llew' on 21:54 - Feb 3 with 1647 viewsTNT

My wife and I lost another close friend last week too. Rachel and Alan Wood moved to South Wales from Lancashire almost thirty years ago, became neighbours of ours and great friends. Alan had no interest in football, but was dragged along to The Vetch and became a Swans fan. As an RAF Flight Lieutenant he travelled the world, and surprised people in conversation on his travels when he was able to cite information about Jimmy Gilligan et al. We lost Rachel on Saturday, and Gwil on the Wednesday. Rest in Peace, both.

Rest In Peace 'Gwil Llew' on 21:58 - Feb 3 with 1631 viewsFlashberryjack

Rest In Peace 'Gwil Llew' on 21:54 - Feb 3 by TNT

My wife and I lost another close friend last week too. Rachel and Alan Wood moved to South Wales from Lancashire almost thirty years ago, became neighbours of ours and great friends. Alan had no interest in football, but was dragged along to The Vetch and became a Swans fan. As an RAF Flight Lieutenant he travelled the world, and surprised people in conversation on his travels when he was able to cite information about Jimmy Gilligan et al. We lost Rachel on Saturday, and Gwil on the Wednesday. Rest in Peace, both.

Been hard couple of weeks for you mate.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Rest In Peace 'Gwil Llew' on 22:04 - Feb 3 with 1628 viewsbuilthjack

A very sad time for you. Not nice.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Rest In Peace 'Gwil Llew' on 02:13 - Feb 4 with 1587 viewsNotLoyal

Be steady mate, stay strong, it sounds like you attract good people in to your life and that of your family. That's a serious quality, the hurt will heal, memories will become cherished moments that will make you smile, you see.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2020 2:14]

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Rest In Peace 'Gwil Llew' on 07:42 - Feb 4 with 1562 viewsFireboy2

Rest In Peace 'Gwil Llew' on 02:13 - Feb 4 by NotLoyal

Be steady mate, stay strong, it sounds like you attract good people in to your life and that of your family. That's a serious quality, the hurt will heal, memories will become cherished moments that will make you smile, you see.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2020 2:14]

That is very true, TNT is a top bloke.

Feel for you brawd, keep strong.
Rest In Peace 'Gwil Llew' on 07:50 - Feb 4 with 1556 viewsswan65split

Thats very hard , Condolences .
Rest In Peace 'Gwil Llew' on 09:05 - Feb 4 with 1537 viewscbrace1

A tough couple of weeks for you pal. Keep your head up. On personal experience I have loved every minute following the Swans and even more so since meeting yourself, Daf, Dai and Chris. The list certainly goes on, including Gwil. Will raise more than one glass to that legend.
YJB
Rest In Peace 'Gwil Llew' on 17:54 - Feb 4 with 1474 viewsTNT

Sincere thanks to you all for those kind words, and sound advice.

Also, I've just received a message from Gwil's lad with information regarding Gwil's send off, which is on Llangennech AFC's Facebook. There's also a fine photo of Gwil in his Wales top.

Rest In Peace 'Gwil Llew' on 18:00 - Feb 4 with 1457 viewsBLAZE

Rest In Peace 'Gwil Llew' on 18:37 - Feb 4 with 1432 viewspencoedjack

Rest In Peace 'Gwil Llew' on 07:42 - Feb 4 by Fireboy2

That is very true, TNT is a top bloke.

Feel for you brawd, keep strong.

I concur

Keep the chin up In this difficult time
Rest In Peace 'Gwil Llew' on 20:11 - Feb 4 with 1396 viewsminimichu

Condolences to all family and friends.

RIP Gwil YJB
Rest In Peace 'Gwil Llew' on 22:47 - Feb 8 with 1233 viewsTNT

Please note that The Wake will now take place in The Thomas Arms, Llanelli, as the lovely Bridge in Llangennech is not big enough to house the number attending.

Rest In Peace 'Gwil Llew' on 22:49 - Feb 8 with 1229 viewsTNT

Meeting ePaul today was brilliant.

Absolutely brilliant.

Rest In Peace 'Gwil Llew' on 22:51 - Feb 8 with 1216 viewsTNT

Gwil's regular mates who travel hundreds of miles every game to watch The Swans = Legends.

Rest In Peace 'Gwil Llew' on 19:52 - Feb 17 with 1089 viewsjackforever

Smashing send off today for Gwil, great to see so many swans shirts and scarves. Rest in peace YJB
Rest In Peace 'Gwil Llew' on 20:08 - Feb 17 with 1060 viewsTNT

Rest In Peace 'Gwil Llew' on 19:52 - Feb 17 by jackforever

Smashing send off today for Gwil, great to see so many swans shirts and scarves. Rest in peace YJB

Absolutely.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024