Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
About £1.5 million 21:47 - Jan 31 with 3303 viewsbuilthjack

Saved in wages today. I think.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

About £1.5 million on 21:00 - Feb 1 with 432 viewsDarran

Over what period of time is this £1.5million based on then?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

About £1.5 million on 21:02 - Feb 1 with 428 viewsLeonWasGod

About £1.5 million on 20:43 - Feb 1 by Dr_Winston

Dwight is trolling for bites and still getting a net full.

Not many can run cat 1 academies. Derby, Fulham, Reading, Boro, Blackburn and us as far as I’m aware. Connor, Joe, Cabango, Byers are all important players for us so it’s paying its way in saved transfers for now. It’s rare an academy keeps delivering though.

Something doesn’t feel right to me about finances. Surely we’ve cut budgets enough to more than male a tidy profit this year, unless we’ve got significant costs around these loans. We’re about £35m up on player sales, still in second year of parachute payments (so other income must be at least £50m this year). I can’t believe we’ve got costs anywhere near £80m+. We’ve shifted out £millions in wages since we went down. I suppose player amortisation is key, but I don’t know where we stand on that (should be nicely positive as we sold plenty last year too and didn’t spend much).

I’m not saying they’re doing anything dodgy as we’ve seen no evidence for that, but I don’t think what’s happening quite fits the austerity messages. Dunno. I might be wrong.
About £1.5 million on 21:08 - Feb 1 with 423 viewslonglostjack

About £1.5 million on 20:43 - Feb 1 by Dr_Winston

Dwight is trolling for bites and still getting a net full.

I know. He is awful but I like him.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

About £1.5 million on 21:29 - Feb 1 with 398 viewsDr_Winston

About £1.5 million on 21:02 - Feb 1 by LeonWasGod

Not many can run cat 1 academies. Derby, Fulham, Reading, Boro, Blackburn and us as far as I’m aware. Connor, Joe, Cabango, Byers are all important players for us so it’s paying its way in saved transfers for now. It’s rare an academy keeps delivering though.

Something doesn’t feel right to me about finances. Surely we’ve cut budgets enough to more than male a tidy profit this year, unless we’ve got significant costs around these loans. We’re about £35m up on player sales, still in second year of parachute payments (so other income must be at least £50m this year). I can’t believe we’ve got costs anywhere near £80m+. We’ve shifted out £millions in wages since we went down. I suppose player amortisation is key, but I don’t know where we stand on that (should be nicely positive as we sold plenty last year too and didn’t spend much).

I’m not saying they’re doing anything dodgy as we’ve seen no evidence for that, but I don’t think what’s happening quite fits the austerity messages. Dunno. I might be wrong.

Pretty much all of our projected income is already spoken for from what I can gather.

We're not skint, but we're not exactly flush either. The measures taken in the last two seasons along with player sales should effectively see us at break even point this summer once certain contracts end. When you consider the debt that other relegated sides like Bolton and Sunderland have that's not bad going. We're effectively back where we were in 2009.

As far as the Academy is concerned, the major issue is the ongoing cost of maintaining Level One status. £2.5m a year is a lot of money to find on 12,000 gates and limited TV money. Birch is right not to promise that we'll keep it going. We'll probably have a choice at some point between keeping that going and investing in players. Perhaps that choice has already been made.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About £1.5 million on 21:35 - Feb 1 with 379 viewsjasper_T

About £1.5 million on 21:02 - Feb 1 by LeonWasGod

We sold the first instalment of this season's parachute payments at the start of last season, so a big chunk of the annual income had already come and gone.
About £1.5 million on 21:39 - Feb 1 with 365 viewsbuilthjack

About £1.5 million on 21:35 - Feb 1 by jasper_T

We sold the first instalment of this season's parachute payments at the start of last season, so a big chunk of the annual income had already come and gone.

But we do have a few nice instalments coming our way for players sold. Nobody ever mentions these. For example an installment of close on £5 million from the Mawson sale will turn up in August.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

About £1.5 million on 21:46 - Feb 1 with 348 viewsNotLoyal

About £1.5 million on 21:39 - Feb 1 by builthjack

But we do have a few nice instalments coming our way for players sold. Nobody ever mentions these. For example an installment of close on £5 million from the Mawson sale will turn up in August.

Will you please stop talking sense, it's bloody annoying.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

About £1.5 million on 23:13 - Feb 1 with 297 viewsjasper_T

About £1.5 million on 21:39 - Feb 1 by builthjack

If you look at the last published accounts there were entries for future money coming in and future money owed. There was more left to pay than we were set to receive.

Obviously we sold a lot of players since then but we started out with a deficit for future payments. And no doubt most people's fag packet maths will be counting Mawson as £20m in one summer, then these instalments on top. "£35m" for DJ and Oli when we won't see most of that money for a couple of years (unless we sell the future payments to banks for a fee, which we often do) and large parts are dependent on performance clauses, which thankfully they seem to making ground on fulfilling. And Barnsley take 15% of the McBurnie money as part of the sell-on clause, with Hull claiming a couple of % for DJ.
Login to get fewer ads

About £1.5 million on 23:17 - Feb 1 with 291 viewsHighjack

About £1.5 million on 23:13 - Feb 1 by jasper_T

If you look at the last published accounts there were entries for future money coming in and future money owed. There was more left to pay than we were set to receive.

Obviously we sold a lot of players since then but we started out with a deficit for future payments. And no doubt most people's fag packet maths will be counting Mawson as £20m in one summer, then these instalments on top. "£35m" for DJ and Oli when we won't see most of that money for a couple of years (unless we sell the future payments to banks for a fee, which we often do) and large parts are dependent on performance clauses, which thankfully they seem to making ground on fulfilling. And Barnsley take 15% of the McBurnie money as part of the sell-on clause, with Hull claiming a couple of % for DJ.

That was a good deal for Barnsley.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

About £1.5 million on 23:22 - Feb 1 with 288 viewsjasper_T

Bradford, even.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024