Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Had to laugh! 19:12 - Feb 2 with 4106 viewsjack2jack

Went out for coffee with Mrs J2J earlier, so we are sitting there and the table next to us is free, a family of 4 sat down, they were there for at least 45 minutes, each had a phone, not one of them said a word to each other , they stared at the phones the whole time, not deviating their attention for one moment, they then got up and left.
Is this the future, can we turn things around or is it too late!!What are your views.

Had to laugh! on 19:14 - Feb 2 with 2659 viewsCooperman

There is a ban on phones when it comes to meal times in our house.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Had to laugh! on 19:17 - Feb 2 with 2643 viewsjack2jack

Had to laugh! on 19:14 - Feb 2 by Cooperman

Good on you Coops, quite right too.
Had to laugh! on 19:18 - Feb 2 with 2637 viewsdickythorpe

Totally bonkers jack. You see it in works canteens, tables full of colleagues staring at their phones.
Had to laugh! on 19:19 - Feb 2 with 2628 viewsJackfath

Mind your own business.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Had to laugh! on 19:21 - Feb 2 with 2618 viewsjack2jack

Had to laugh! on 19:18 - Feb 2 by dickythorpe

Totally bonkers jack. You see it in works canteens, tables full of colleagues staring at their phones.

Folk are becoming zombies Dicky, we found the whole thing quite disturbing.
Had to laugh! on 19:23 - Feb 2 with 2601 viewsBLAZE

Funnily enough I went for coffee with the family earlier. Nice place, but there were two busy bodies sat next to us who kept judging everything we done. They made us feel so uncomfortable for 45 minutes in the end we had to get up and leave.
Is this the future, can we turn things around or is it too late!!What are your views.
Had to laugh! on 19:23 - Feb 2 with 2593 viewsNeath_Jack

Had to laugh! on 19:14 - Feb 2 by Cooperman

Good luck with that when theyre teenagers

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Had to laugh! on 19:24 - Feb 2 with 2593 views3swan

"What are your views."

45 mins ? I think they should at least have had a cup of coffee

Sign of the times, they call it progress
Login to get fewer ads

Had to laugh! on 19:25 - Feb 2 with 2576 viewsNeath_Jack

It's been like how the OP described for years now, it is the modern world.

Older people always react about new things like this, it was ever thus.

Go into construction site canteens these days and where you used to see every newspaper under the sun on the tables, you'll be lucky to see one or two papers now.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Had to laugh! on 19:26 - Feb 2 with 2573 viewsjack2jack

Had to laugh! on 19:19 - Feb 2 by Jackfath

Mind your own business.

I was, just made an observation, wondered what other opinions were, and to start a reasonable debate. Do you have an opinion on how the internet and social media is changing society, or just your usually bollox.👍
Had to laugh! on 19:27 - Feb 2 with 2559 viewsjack2jack

Had to laugh! on 19:23 - Feb 2 by BLAZE

Funnily enough I went for coffee with the family earlier. Nice place, but there were two busy bodies sat next to us who kept judging everything we done. They made us feel so uncomfortable for 45 minutes in the end we had to get up and leave.

Very funny over there.😂
Had to laugh! on 19:31 - Feb 2 with 2535 viewsBLAZE

Had to laugh! on 19:27 - Feb 2 by jack2jack

Very funny over there.😂

I'm sure the female was giving me the eye, too
Had to laugh! on 19:32 - Feb 2 with 2527 viewsjack2jack

Had to laugh! on 19:25 - Feb 2 by Neath_Jack

It's been like how the OP described for years now, it is the modern world.

Older people always react about new things like this, it was ever thus.

Go into construction site canteens these days and where you used to see every newspaper under the sun on the tables, you'll be lucky to see one or two papers now.

Don't you think it's sad that the art of conversation is dying on its arse,folk bidding behind their mobiles, for fear of having to talk to your fellow humans.Sad as fvck.
Had to laugh! on 19:33 - Feb 2 with 2518 viewsFireboy2

Had to laugh! on 19:26 - Feb 2 by jack2jack

I was, just made an observation, wondered what other opinions were, and to start a reasonable debate. Do you have an opinion on how the internet and social media is changing society, or just your usually bollox.👍

Bloody hell you bit
Had to laugh! on 19:34 - Feb 2 with 2515 viewsjack2jack

Had to laugh! on 19:31 - Feb 2 by BLAZE

I'm sure the female was giving me the eye, too

No she's got a squint😂
Had to laugh! on 19:35 - Feb 2 with 2502 viewsNeath_Jack

Had to laugh! on 19:32 - Feb 2 by jack2jack

Don't you think it's sad that the art of conversation is dying on its arse,folk bidding behind their mobiles, for fear of having to talk to your fellow humans.Sad as fvck.

Not really, things change, people and society evolve. If they didn't, you wouldn't be sat there now on your internet enabled device, playing about on social media.

Had to laugh! on 19:39 - Feb 2 with 2483 viewsjack2jack

Had to laugh! on 19:33 - Feb 2 by Fireboy2

Bloody hell you bit

I know Fireboy, I can't help myself sometimes.
Had to laugh! on 19:40 - Feb 2 with 2474 views3swan

You'd think they would type on an online forum

Just to add I see many mothers? pushing a pram/pushchair with one hand and holding the phone in the other.

Each to their own but Grumpy old man here
Had to laugh! on 19:40 - Feb 2 with 2473 viewsBLAZE

Being serious, is the art of conversation really dying though? We're still doing it, we're just choosing to converse electronically now. Like us here right now on Planet Swans, rather than down the local where I imagine many people went on a Sunday evening in times gone by

Times change and people evolve. I prefer it this way... it means I can wind people up without being on the receiving end of a thump
[Post edited 2 Feb 2020 19:43]
Had to laugh! on 19:44 - Feb 2 with 2445 viewsjack2jack

Had to laugh! on 19:35 - Feb 2 by Neath_Jack

Not really, things change, people and society evolve. If they didn't, you wouldn't be sat there now on your internet enabled device, playing about on social media.

I know, but I'll tell you something, if I'm out with friends or with the missus, I don't sit there glued to my mobile, my focus is on the people I'm with. I know society is changing but there is something wrong about it, don't you think.👍
Had to laugh! on 19:48 - Feb 2 with 2426 viewsNeath_Jack

Had to laugh! on 19:44 - Feb 2 by jack2jack

I know, but I'll tell you something, if I'm out with friends or with the missus, I don't sit there glued to my mobile, my focus is on the people I'm with. I know society is changing but there is something wrong about it, don't you think.👍

No i don't think there is anything wrong with it mate, embrace change. Fight change and everyday is a battle, and this is one battle you won't win.

Take no notice of what others do around you, just carry on enjoying your wife and your mates company.

Had to laugh! on 19:48 - Feb 2 with 2421 viewsSwanjaxs

I love technology me.

I've just ordered and paid for a curry.

Bought a pair of trainers and a pair of jeans (which will be delivered tomorrow) and all this without having to speak to anybody 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Had to laugh! on 19:49 - Feb 2 with 2413 viewsNeath_Jack

Had to laugh! on 19:48 - Feb 2 by Swanjaxs

I love technology me.

I've just ordered and paid for a curry.

Bought a pair of trainers and a pair of jeans (which will be delivered tomorrow) and all this without having to speak to anybody 👍

What daps did you get?

Had to laugh! on 19:49 - Feb 2 with 2413 viewsjack2jack

Had to laugh! on 19:40 - Feb 2 by BLAZE

Being serious, is the art of conversation really dying though? We're still doing it, we're just choosing to converse electronically now. Like us here right now on Planet Swans, rather than down the local where I imagine many people went on a Sunday evening in times gone by

Times change and people evolve. I prefer it this way... it means I can wind people up without being on the receiving end of a thump
[Post edited 2 Feb 2020 19:43]

But Blaze it's not the same, in time folk will loose the ability to communicate face to face, I know some youngsters who can't even talk on the phone, because they don't know how to, it's sad.
Had to laugh! on 19:51 - Feb 2 with 2402 viewsSwanjaxs

Had to laugh! on 19:49 - Feb 2 by Neath_Jack

What daps did you get?

Adidas Amsterdam (city series)

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024