Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
God loves a tryer 21:39 - Feb 11 with 2444 viewsNotLoyal

But it just ain’t working boys.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

God loves a tryer on 22:01 - Feb 11 with 1975 views34dfgdf54

Agreed.

I actually felt sorry for the team tonight. Young players completely devoid of any confidence and coaching. It’s a ridiculous thing to say considering this season isn’t anywhere near over in terms of how many games we have left, but the prospect of Cooper in charge of a squad which will be a lot weaker than this next season petrifies me.
God loves a tryer on 22:13 - Feb 11 with 1910 views3swan

His post match interview on Sky. We will keep playing our way it's not quite happening and not playing to the level we are capable of. How many times will he keep saying that before the penny drops that playing players out of position unbalances a team and restricts playing with any high tempo
[Post edited 11 Feb 2020 22:17]
God loves a tryer on 23:15 - Feb 11 with 1751 viewsLeonWasGod

God loves a tryer on 22:13 - Feb 11 by 3swan

His post match interview on Sky. We will keep playing our way it's not quite happening and not playing to the level we are capable of. How many times will he keep saying that before the penny drops that playing players out of position unbalances a team and restricts playing with any high tempo
[Post edited 11 Feb 2020 22:17]

It’s not just that - they have no idea how to counter simple defensive play. Tonight QPR overloaded 3 to 2 on our fullback/winger combos every time we had the ball; we didn’t attempt to deal with it, leaving the only option a backward pass. No runners, no movement at all often from the midfield. It’s predictable, painfully slow football by numbers.
God loves a tryer on 23:20 - Feb 11 with 1725 viewsDr_Winston

He's like someone who learned the theory of how to do everything, but when the theory is actually tested and invariably doesn't work is bereft of ideas. Monny is right on the subject when he calls them "badge managers". Got all the coaching qualifications and theory, but no real nous.

The fact that he pointed to stats as a reason for using Celina out wide when anyone who actually watches games could tell you he ain't a wide player as long as he's got a hole in his arse tells you everything you need to know.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

God loves a tryer on 23:25 - Feb 11 with 1699 viewsSmellyplumz

Is it safe to say he's been found out 👀

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

God loves a tryer on 23:32 - Feb 11 with 1667 viewsSTID2017

Gallagher is a class act, but tonight he looks as bad as Byers

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

God loves a tryer on 23:37 - Feb 11 with 1647 viewsNotLoyal

All of them to a man (boy) are trying too hard, nothing is coming from any set piece, ever. Any opportunity like Saturday is spawned, when was the last ime we scored from outside the area? Its atrocious and I've been a firm supporter of Cooper but alongside Marsh they are lost, soulless and bereft of enthusiasm.
whether its a good or bad move I can't see this going on.

OK I've changed it.

God loves a tryer on 23:48 - Feb 11 with 1619 viewsBirchgrovejack

God loves a tryer on 23:37 - Feb 11 by NotLoyal

All of them to a man (boy) are trying too hard, nothing is coming from any set piece, ever. Any opportunity like Saturday is spawned, when was the last ime we scored from outside the area? Its atrocious and I've been a firm supporter of Cooper but alongside Marsh they are lost, soulless and bereft of enthusiasm.
whether its a good or bad move I can't see this going on.

Dhanda scored from outside the box saturday.
But I agree with your post. Our only form.of attack seems to be by crossing the ball, which is bizarre considering our average height is about 5'7
Login to get fewer ads

God loves a tryer on 23:50 - Feb 11 with 1611 viewsNotLoyal

God loves a tryer on 23:48 - Feb 11 by Birchgrovejack

But I agree with your post. Our only form.of attack seems to be by crossing the ball, which is bizarre considering our average height is about 5'7

Ah yes, apologies, but before that?
The amount of balls in to the area which are dealt with by the opposition must be at about 95% I've never seen a team in any era do this so consistently. It's shocking.

OK I've changed it.

God loves a tryer on 23:57 - Feb 11 with 1587 viewsjack247

Because it’s straightforward, textbook football. Far easier to tell players to play the (albeit low) percentage game and try to get a cross in, than coach them to construct a well put together attack like we used to.
God loves a tryer on 00:00 - Feb 12 with 1584 viewsLeonWasGod

In fariness, half of our corners and crosses are grass cutters
God loves a tryer on 00:03 - Feb 12 with 1572 viewsjack247

God loves a tryer on 00:00 - Feb 12 by LeonWasGod

In fariness, half of our corners and crosses are grass cutters

Which are fine when you’ve got someone running to the near post and the cross is cut behind them to someone coming in unmarked on the edge of the area. When they are hit low and aimless within the keepers range, they are shit
God loves a tryer on 00:10 - Feb 12 with 1556 viewsBirchgrovejack

God loves a tryer on 23:50 - Feb 11 by NotLoyal

Ah yes, apologies, but before that?
The amount of balls in to the area which are dealt with by the opposition must be at about 95% I've never seen a team in any era do this so consistently. It's shocking.

When we played Cardiff I reckon Harris told his players if it comes near the box, chuck it out for a corner it's as good as a goal kick against these. We had about 14 corners In that game and didnt come close to any of them.
The midfielders dont get into the box in open play to get on the end of crosses so it's just Brewster and a winger to attack them and Its obvious hes not that sort of player.
God loves a tryer on 05:02 - Feb 12 with 1467 viewsdameedna

God loves a tryer on 00:10 - Feb 12 by Birchgrovejack

When we played Cardiff I reckon Harris told his players if it comes near the box, chuck it out for a corner it's as good as a goal kick against these. We had about 14 corners In that game and didnt come close to any of them.
The midfielders dont get into the box in open play to get on the end of crosses so it's just Brewster and a winger to attack them and Its obvious hes not that sort of player.

Here is what I hope we have a go at for Hull

Woodman
Roberts Wilmot Rodon Naughton
Routledge Fulton Grimes Celina Dyer
Ayew

It is going to be a hard slog if we have to see the Three Amigos start every game.
Have to change it up, it is not working, they need a rest.

I don't mid who we play on the wings.
Could be Kalulu and Garrick but I would have them on the bench for the last 20 or 30 when Routs and Dyer should be blown.
I would go with the experience on the wings and actual wingers, despite their age.
We are up against it and the boys are struggling.

In midfield, give Fulton the DM role.
Grimes can be box to box he has a hell of an engine.
Celina speaks for itself he is our best No.1 bar Gallagher or Ayew.
Ayew we are wasting to some extent, he is a better bet to score than Brewster and we may as well give Ayew a go in the centre.
God loves a tryer on 05:11 - Feb 12 with 1464 viewsicecoldjack

Cooper is a flat pack identikit British manager with little sense of a continental style approach to football, I've been saying this for months now.

The Swans need to play as near to their footballing identity as possible, our team is far better that way and our fans are more accepting of mistakes also .

It's not that our players are too young, Potter proved this not to be the case, like i said a few weeks back , Coopers biggest problem is that Potter played football with basically the same type of squad, there is no escaping that fact.

Our early season form was good because we transitioned from the Swansea way of playing to Coopers Clement ball way of playing.
He wont learn, he wont try and play an expansive game, he will always paint by numbers and he will always play his percentages .
Shape over style, clearly they arnt working on expansive football in training, we look like a complete strangers on the field of play, no anticipation of the pass, no movement off the ball no one touch passing no nothing.
We are being prepared for L1 football, it's the only explanation I can think of, that squad is good enough to be challenging for a play off place . The manger however is not good enough to be in control of those players.
God loves a tryer on 07:52 - Feb 12 with 1375 viewsKilkennyjack

God loves a tryer on 05:02 - Feb 12 by dameedna

Here is what I hope we have a go at for Hull

Woodman
Roberts Wilmot Rodon Naughton
Routledge Fulton Grimes Celina Dyer
Ayew

It is going to be a hard slog if we have to see the Three Amigos start every game.
Have to change it up, it is not working, they need a rest.

I don't mid who we play on the wings.
Could be Kalulu and Garrick but I would have them on the bench for the last 20 or 30 when Routs and Dyer should be blown.
I would go with the experience on the wings and actual wingers, despite their age.
We are up against it and the boys are struggling.

In midfield, give Fulton the DM role.
Grimes can be box to box he has a hell of an engine.
Celina speaks for itself he is our best No.1 bar Gallagher or Ayew.
Ayew we are wasting to some extent, he is a better bet to score than Brewster and we may as well give Ayew a go in the centre.

Count me in.

Fulton is not good enough but the rest is our best chance.
Brew deserves to play but Andre to start the next one as a 9, yes.

Beware of the Risen People

God loves a tryer on 08:18 - Feb 12 with 1338 views3swan

We all know the term zonal marking for corners but it’s been apparent and more blatant as the season has gone on that players are playing zonal all over the pitch.
Mostly players are staying in their square area of grass with no response to how play is progressing or needs to progress.
How many times last night did players stand waiting for passes without some sort of movement? The same can be said on closing opposition down ‘not in my zone’ so let them run.
There have been so so many posts about our style (lack) of play. The players are playing like badly programmed robots, with no thought of reactive movement or communication.
I do understand the youth argument given but movement and support play can overcome some of that.
No leaders on or off the pitch.
It’s not a team but individual players having a kick about.
We only have to look at the player’s faces, they’re not enjoying their jobs.
God loves a tryer on 08:29 - Feb 12 with 1304 viewsBest_loser

I fear things will be even worse next season
God loves a tryer on 08:41 - Feb 12 with 1279 views34dfgdf54

God loves a tryer on 08:29 - Feb 12 by Best_loser

I fear things will be even worse next season

Nervous as fack about next season already.

Cooper managing a squad without Ayew, Celina, Naughton, Rodon doesn't bare thinking about.
God loves a tryer on 08:43 - Feb 12 with 1272 viewsKGriz16

God loves a tryer on 08:41 - Feb 12 by 34dfgdf54

Cooper managing a squad without Ayew, Celina, Naughton, Rodon doesn't bare thinking about.

Where are Celina, Naughton and Rodon going then? That's news to me they're leaving.
God loves a tryer on 08:44 - Feb 12 with 1266 views3swan

God loves a tryer on 08:43 - Feb 12 by KGriz16

Where are Celina, Naughton and Rodon going then? That's news to me they're leaving.

Naughton out of contract?
God loves a tryer on 08:51 - Feb 12 with 1245 views34dfgdf54

God loves a tryer on 08:43 - Feb 12 by KGriz16

Naughton's contract expires, Celina by all accounts is off at the end of the season and we will no doubt entertain offers for Rodon.
God loves a tryer on 09:17 - Feb 12 with 1203 viewsLeonWasGod

God loves a tryer on 08:41 - Feb 12 by 34dfgdf54

Yeah, same here. We've already got to replace Freddy, Wilmot, Gallagher, Brewster and possibly Guehi (unless he syttays another season) out of that team that played last night. There's a good chance we'll lose those you 've mentioned. And there are a bunch of players out on loan we'll be looking to get rid of. Dyer and Naughton won't be around forever.

We've gone from haveing a solid platform to build on at the end of last season to needing a complete rebuild in the space of a season.
God loves a tryer on 09:25 - Feb 12 with 1176 viewsSmellyplumz

God loves a tryer on 09:17 - Feb 12 by LeonWasGod

Yeah, same here. We've already got to replace Freddy, Wilmot, Gallagher, Brewster and possibly Guehi (unless he syttays another season) out of that team that played last night. There's a good chance we'll lose those you 've mentioned. And there are a bunch of players out on loan we'll be looking to get rid of. Dyer and Naughton won't be around forever.

We've gone from haveing a solid platform to build on at the end of last season to needing a complete rebuild in the space of a season.

It's all set up to be an absolute calamity next season

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

God loves a tryer on 09:48 - Feb 12 with 1138 viewsKGriz16

God loves a tryer on 08:51 - Feb 12 by 34dfgdf54

Naughton's contract expires, Celina by all accounts is off at the end of the season and we will no doubt entertain offers for Rodon.

Where does it say Celina is going?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024