Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer balance last two windows 22:51 - Feb 19 with 2761 viewsbuilthjack

Swansea 14th most profitable in world football over the last 2 transfer windows.
£39 m in.
£0.5 m out.

That's what it says.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Transfer balance last two windows on 09:52 - Feb 20 with 2150 viewsjackjackjackjack

Probably had the biggest drop in revenue in world football though.

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

Transfer balance last two windows on 10:13 - Feb 20 with 2121 viewsThornburyswan

Transfer balance last two windows on 09:52 - Feb 20 by jackjackjackjack

Unfortunately you might be right & suspect we have more to come so expect us to keep moving up that league table after the next window!
Transfer balance last two windows on 10:24 - Feb 20 with 2102 viewsjack247

Transfer balance last two windows on 09:52 - Feb 20 by jackjackjackjack

It’s not so much the revenue drop, other teams have been relegated over the last two seasons. It’s the fact the drop in expenditure didn’t correlate to it.

There will be very few, if any, legacy PL players here next season. Be interesting to see how the club approach the transfer windows.
Transfer balance last two windows on 12:16 - Feb 20 with 2008 views34dfgdf54

Transfer balance last two windows on 10:24 - Feb 20 by jack247

It’s not so much the revenue drop, other teams have been relegated over the last two seasons. It’s the fact the drop in expenditure didn’t correlate to it.

There will be very few, if any, legacy PL players here next season. Be interesting to see how the club approach the transfer windows.

If it's anything like this years, then there is no point in having Andy Scott on payroll.
Transfer balance last two windows on 13:26 - Feb 20 with 1904 viewsmonmouth

Transfer balance last two windows on 12:16 - Feb 20 by 34dfgdf54

If it's anything like this years, then there is no point in having Andy Scott on payroll.

He's got to be there to support a summer rebuild when the overpaid johnnies are exited. It makes no sense otherwise.

No one reading those recent accounts can have expected anything different can they? Without that transfer surplus, McBurnie on top, and probably one or two future ones to come, we simply would not be a going concern.

The problem, like with most championship clubs, is when the cupboard is bare of saleable assets. There's a real crunch coming below the PL in the next 3-5 years in my opinion. Sad to say, but we might actually be better as a solvent league one club watching from the sidelines at the time, but I would maybe expect us to have a (last? for a while at least) crack at going up next season.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Transfer balance last two windows on 13:30 - Feb 20 with 1898 viewsKGriz16

Transfer balance last two windows on 12:16 - Feb 20 by 34dfgdf54

Didn't Leon say we'll see the results of the transfer panel come this Summer. I'd like to sit and wait, then judge. Although, I do understand fans' reservations. However, our wage bill should be obsolete come the Summer. Which, coming from 80/90% , is incredible.
Transfer balance last two windows on 13:33 - Feb 20 with 1895 viewsBadlands

All the more reason to invest in the academy.
Had Cooper used it fully rather than bring in ''his' babes it's reputation would have remained high and we would have players ready for next season.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Transfer balance last two windows on 13:47 - Feb 20 with 1872 views34dfgdf54

Transfer balance last two windows on 13:30 - Feb 20 by KGriz16

Didn't Leon say we'll see the results of the transfer panel come this Summer. I'd like to sit and wait, then judge. Although, I do understand fans' reservations. However, our wage bill should be obsolete come the Summer. Which, coming from 80/90% , is incredible.

I prefer it when you're like this. You seem an intelligent chap.

Yeah he did say that, I actually think we will be busy this summer and Andy Scott has been busy identifying targets. I'm a bit concerned about Cooper being the one in charge of an upheaval like this though.
Login to get fewer ads

Transfer balance last two windows on 14:23 - Feb 20 with 1844 viewsmonmouth

Transfer balance last two windows on 13:47 - Feb 20 by 34dfgdf54

I prefer it when you're like this. You seem an intelligent chap.

Yeah he did say that, I actually think we will be busy this summer and Andy Scott has been busy identifying targets. I'm a bit concerned about Cooper being the one in charge of an upheaval like this though.

I don't think he is in charge of it. He's head coach. I think these loans were a halfhearted 'push' at play offs. It seems to have backfired so far as it has got stuck in Gluehi.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2020 14:39]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Transfer balance last two windows on 21:33 - Feb 20 with 1703 viewsCatullus

Transfer balance last two windows on 13:26 - Feb 20 by monmouth

He's got to be there to support a summer rebuild when the overpaid johnnies are exited. It makes no sense otherwise.

No one reading those recent accounts can have expected anything different can they? Without that transfer surplus, McBurnie on top, and probably one or two future ones to come, we simply would not be a going concern.

The problem, like with most championship clubs, is when the cupboard is bare of saleable assets. There's a real crunch coming below the PL in the next 3-5 years in my opinion. Sad to say, but we might actually be better as a solvent league one club watching from the sidelines at the time, but I would maybe expect us to have a (last? for a while at least) crack at going up next season.

I agree with you. I think there are plenty of clubs heading for trouble and maybe several teetering on the brink.
I've made noises before about the EPL and the knock on effects it has had. It's like the big clubs are trying to close down smaller clubs so they can hover up more support.
FFP favours the status quo amongst the big teams and htis thing with Man city, whilst I agree with it, there are several other "big" clubs that are just as guilty but somehow escaping punishment. PSG, Real Madrid, they seem to get away with murder.

If we are a financially viable club that'll have to be good enough for everyone, better that than do a 'Bury'

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Transfer balance last two windows on 21:59 - Feb 20 with 1679 viewsNotLoyal

Transfer balance last two windows on 13:30 - Feb 20 by KGriz16

You've mentioned the problem Leon. As fine a servant he was to the club kicking a ball something is telling me his financial nouse and prowess can only be rivalled by neath Jack's knowledge on...
Nothing.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Transfer balance last two windows on 02:59 - Feb 21 with 1587 viewsTimTtam

Transfer balance last two windows on 13:26 - Feb 20 by monmouth

The way I see it, unless we unearth another saleable asset from the academy, we'll eventually be left with a team with no stars & will be in a relegation battle starting from 2021/22. To me it's inevitable that we will go down to League 1 before making it back (if ever) to the PL. Look at the likes of Charlton, Bolton, Wigan, Blackburn, Portsmouth, & Sunderland going back to League 1/2.

The big question will be can we get back to the Championship quickly? If we can't then our revenue drops significantly yet again, and at best we end up as a yoyo club like Rotherham who can't handle the step up.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Transfer balance last two windows on 03:49 - Feb 21 with 1575 viewsdameedna

Rotherham.
What a prospect.
Transfer balance last two windows on 07:47 - Feb 21 with 1505 viewsDr_Winston

Transfer balance last two windows on 02:59 - Feb 21 by TimTtam

The way I see it, unless we unearth another saleable asset from the academy, we'll eventually be left with a team with no stars & will be in a relegation battle starting from 2021/22. To me it's inevitable that we will go down to League 1 before making it back (if ever) to the PL. Look at the likes of Charlton, Bolton, Wigan, Blackburn, Portsmouth, & Sunderland going back to League 1/2.

The big question will be can we get back to the Championship quickly? If we can't then our revenue drops significantly yet again, and at best we end up as a yoyo club like Rotherham who can't handle the step up.

Bolton, Wigan, Blackburn, Portsmouth and Sunderland all had massive financial issues (not sure about Charlton). If we hadn't done what we have then comparison to them would be more than justified. We've taken the steps we have specifically to avoid those situations.

We're doing exactly what we should never have stopped doing. Keep costs within the clubs ability to pay them and working the market to find smart purchases, not expensive ones. If things are as bad with other clubs as most people seem to think being financially solvent and able to pick up bargains would put us in a stronger position, not a weaker one.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Transfer balance last two windows on 08:15 - Feb 21 with 1490 viewsbuilthjack

Transfer balance last two windows on 07:47 - Feb 21 by Dr_Winston

Bolton, Wigan, Blackburn, Portsmouth and Sunderland all had massive financial issues (not sure about Charlton). If we hadn't done what we have then comparison to them would be more than justified. We've taken the steps we have specifically to avoid those situations.

We're doing exactly what we should never have stopped doing. Keep costs within the clubs ability to pay them and working the market to find smart purchases, not expensive ones. If things are as bad with other clubs as most people seem to think being financially solvent and able to pick up bargains would put us in a stronger position, not a weaker one.

Being able to pick up bargains is crucial.
We have signed a lot of duds in the last few years.
That has to improve significantly.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Transfer balance last two windows on 09:29 - Feb 21 with 1438 viewsTimTtam

Transfer balance last two windows on 07:47 - Feb 21 by Dr_Winston

No question we've taken the sensible option financially, but taking away August, our results would put us in a relegation battle. And that's with Ayew in the team. He'll be gone at season's end if we don't get promoted.

It's a make it or break it transfer window coming up. Some smart signings could put us in a solid position, but there are no guarantees we don't make bad ones. And we need some permanent signings.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Transfer balance last two windows on 10:01 - Feb 21 with 1420 viewsDr_Winston

Transfer balance last two windows on 09:29 - Feb 21 by TimTtam

No question we've taken the sensible option financially, but taking away August, our results would put us in a relegation battle. And that's with Ayew in the team. He'll be gone at season's end if we don't get promoted.

It's a make it or break it transfer window coming up. Some smart signings could put us in a solid position, but there are no guarantees we don't make bad ones. And we need some permanent signings.

Suppose it depends on whether you believe that our current malaise is down to players or management (or both I suppose).

A good manager will get above average performances out of average players. A bad manager will make good players worse and then blame them for it

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Transfer balance last two windows on 11:24 - Feb 21 with 1375 viewsjack247

Transfer balance last two windows on 10:01 - Feb 21 by Dr_Winston

Suppose it depends on whether you believe that our current malaise is down to players or management (or both I suppose).

A good manager will get above average performances out of average players. A bad manager will make good players worse and then blame them for it

Perfect summary of the last 18 months or so
Transfer balance last two windows on 22:40 - Feb 21 with 1244 viewsCatullus

Transfer balance last two windows on 02:59 - Feb 21 by TimTtam

As the song says, you've got to know when to hold, know when to fold, know when to walk away and know when to run.

Those other clubs who keep on gambling are storing up more and more trouble and the tipping point my well be fast approaching. It sounds unlikely to many on here now but in a few years we may be looking back on our Yankee owners with much more favour then we talk of them now.

Take Villa, they'd incurred large debt before promotion, what if they come straight back down?

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Transfer balance last two windows on 23:31 - Feb 21 with 1208 viewsFireboy2

Transfer balance last two windows on 10:01 - Feb 21 by Dr_Winston

Your last sentence sums us up to a tee.

If we had mowbray or neill we would be challenging in the top 2 no doubt.
Transfer balance last two windows on 09:45 - Feb 22 with 1157 viewsDr_Winston

Transfer balance last two windows on 23:31 - Feb 21 by Fireboy2

Your last sentence sums us up to a tee.

If we had mowbray or neill we would be challenging in the top 2 no doubt.

The squad we have should be capable of far better performances than we've been seeing since September. Cooper is fast running out of excuses.

Transfer balance last two windows on 10:00 - Feb 22 with 1143 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Transfer balance last two windows on 08:15 - Feb 21 by builthjack

Being able to pick up bargains is crucial.
We have signed a lot of duds in the last few years.
That has to improve significantly.

Well it must be said that if we hadn’t resigned Bony, Ayew , not purchased of Clucas and the other misfits we’d be favourites to have bounced back first attempt (maybe not have been relegated at all).

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Transfer balance last two windows on 10:11 - Feb 22 with 1132 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Transfer balance last two windows on 09:45 - Feb 22 by Dr_Winston

The squad we have should be capable of far better performances than we've been seeing since September. Cooper is fast running out of excuses.

Yes, not sure he gets the best out of people.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Transfer balance last two windows on 10:14 - Feb 22 with 1127 viewsCatullus

Transfer balance last two windows on 10:00 - Feb 22 by Brynmill_Jack

Well it must be said that if we hadn’t resigned Bony, Ayew , not purchased of Clucas and the other misfits we’d be favourites to have bounced back first attempt (maybe not have been relegated at all).

I think relegation would still have happened but we'd have been in a much stronger financial position. We may have been able to gamble that first season ongoing back up and let Potter buy some players.
Maybe though, if we hadn't signed those 3 but had signed Allen things might have been different.

Transfer balance last two windows on 10:29 - Feb 22 with 1109 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Transfer balance last two windows on 10:14 - Feb 22 by Catullus

I think relegation would still have happened but we'd have been in a much stronger financial position. We may have been able to gamble that first season ongoing back up and let Potter buy some players.
Maybe though, if we hadn't signed those 3 but had signed Allen things might have been different.

I can’t disagree with that view at all. Especially if the figure of 8 million was true. Huw, you absolute tw@t

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024