Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gallagher 18:17 - Feb 22 with 5576 viewsDr_Winston

There's been a certain odd undercurrent of criticism of the lad since he got here, but isn't that something like five or six assists or big roles in goals already?

Must have covered every single inch of that pitch today. Fulton being there doing the dog work for him freed him up a hell of a lot.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Gallagher on 21:49 - Feb 22 with 1764 viewsCooperman

Gallagher on 21:42 - Feb 22 by swancity

All four paragraphs

Complete Bollox

As always

In which case I can only assume that you’re trolling.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Gallagher on 21:49 - Feb 22 with 1750 viewsFireboy2

Gallagher on 21:34 - Feb 22 by Cooperman

What part of that do you disagree with?

Dont know why you bothered coops.

Just put bellends like him on ignore, it makes perusing this board so much easier.
Gallagher on 23:10 - Feb 22 with 1677 viewsbuilthjack

Gallagher had a good game.
He also di half of Brewster work, closing down the defence. Brewster is a little lazy in that respect, too much strolling about.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Gallagher on 23:19 - Feb 22 with 1661 viewsploppy

Gallagher on 23:10 - Feb 22 by builthjack

Gallagher had a good game.
He also di half of Brewster work, closing down the defence. Brewster is a little lazy in that respect, too much strolling about.

Part of our problem, and this was mentioned in commentary, is that sometimes we press in 1's and 2's and it's easy to play around. When we pressed together Huddersfield looked very shaky.
Gallagher on 23:32 - Feb 22 with 1657 viewsJackSomething

Gallagher on 19:29 - Feb 22 by jack247

Totally agree with the op. Fulton may be limited, but he’s the best dog we have. Thought Gallagher and Grimes both looked better today with him doing the dirty work. Gallagher had a very good game

A bit off-topic, but it's interesting (to me at least) to look back at those relatively cheap signings we made while on an upward curve as a club, before the panic set in and we abandoned established transfer policy. A few fans queried why we were buying these players when we were also establishing an academy.

I'm sure there'll be loads I'm forgetting, but the stand-out failures I can remember are Harley and Biabi. On the other hand, we got varying levels of success out of James, McBurnie, Fulton, Kinglsey, Grimes.

Makes you wonder how much worse the situation would be now if we hadn't had that policy in place. If we'd stayed in the PL, most of them probably would have been sold without bothering the first team much. However, if we'd stuck to that policy and come down anyway, how much more likely would we have been to go back up with a couple more James or McBurnie type players to promote to first team football instead of having more expensive players like Baston and Clucas to offload?

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Gallagher on 23:45 - Feb 22 with 1645 viewsLuther27

4 2 3 1 is our problem.
Gallagher on 05:28 - Feb 23 with 1579 viewsTimTtam

He's a very important player for us. Laughable that after the QPR game people on here & Twitter were calling him an awful player.

Also worth remembering he's still on 9 yellow cards. One more & he gets a ban (how many weeks?).

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Gallagher on 06:24 - Feb 23 with 1562 views34dfgdf54

Gallagher on 21:42 - Feb 22 by swancity

All four paragraphs

Complete Bollox

As always

You don’t understand football in the slightest unfortunately.
Login to get fewer ads

Gallagher on 08:10 - Feb 23 with 1526 viewsbuilthjack

Gallagher on 05:28 - Feb 23 by TimTtam

He's a very important player for us. Laughable that after the QPR game people on here & Twitter were calling him an awful player.

Also worth remembering he's still on 9 yellow cards. One more & he gets a ban (how many weeks?).

If he gets one more yellow card before the end of March, he will get a two game ban.
It will happen.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Gallagher on 09:35 - Feb 23 with 1473 viewsMrSwerve

Posted last week that I think he will be a PL player in the not too distant future.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Gallagher on 10:13 - Feb 23 with 1429 viewsexiledclaseboy

“The lad”

Poll: Tory leader

Gallagher on 11:57 - Feb 23 with 1357 views34dfgdf54

In 7 appearances he has the joint most amount of assists. Quality footballer, would love it if we can keep him next season.
Gallagher on 12:29 - Feb 23 with 1323 viewsjasper_T

Gallagher on 11:57 - Feb 23 by 34dfgdf54

In 7 appearances he has the joint most amount of assists. Quality footballer, would love it if we can keep him next season.

Whoscored has Ayew on 5, Grimes and Gallagher on 4 each? And McKay on 2 in 74 minutes for us.

Gallagher on 13:12 - Feb 23 with 1267 viewsploppy

Gallagher on 12:29 - Feb 23 by jasper_T

Whoscored has Ayew on 5, Grimes and Gallagher on 4 each? And McKay on 2 in 74 minutes for us.

Assists are a strange stat though, aren't they. They rely on the "assistee" scoring. So Gallagher put a great through ball to Brewster who should have scored - no assist. Same pass for Garrick but he scores - assist. From Gallagher's point of view he's created two goal scoring opportunities. Is there a "assists that should have been converted" stat?
Gallagher on 13:40 - Feb 23 with 1250 viewsjasper_T

Gallagher on 13:12 - Feb 23 by ploppy

Assists are a strange stat though, aren't they. They rely on the "assistee" scoring. So Gallagher put a great through ball to Brewster who should have scored - no assist. Same pass for Garrick but he scores - assist. From Gallagher's point of view he's created two goal scoring opportunities. Is there a "assists that should have been converted" stat?

I think that's what "key passes" are supposed to be.
Gallagher on 13:52 - Feb 23 with 1244 viewsairedale

Gallagher got shoved off the ball quite easily yesterday. So I reckon he’ll harden up and the Championship may well prove to be great experience for him.
Gallagher on 14:34 - Feb 23 with 1217 viewsBadlands

Gallagher was good yesterday.
Incisive passing too from Rodon and Cabango.
But for long periods our plays just stood still if they weren't immediately involved ... they have to keep moving and forcing opposition players out of position.
Pass and move possession works - pass and stand still doesn't.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Gallagher on 14:42 - Feb 23 with 1213 views34dfgdf54

Gallagher on 12:29 - Feb 23 by jasper_T

I think Ian Mitchelmore tweeted it, I assumed he did his homework.

Still though, the boys quality.
Gallagher on 14:49 - Feb 23 with 1199 viewsjasper_T

Gallagher on 14:42 - Feb 23 by 34dfgdf54

I think Ian Mitchelmore tweeted it, I assumed he did his homework.

Still though, the boys quality.

Mitchelmore also tweeted that it was our first Welsh CB partnership since 1997 which is wrong as well, apparently.
Gallagher on 07:38 - Feb 24 with 1049 viewskarnataka

Gallagher on 14:49 - Feb 23 by jasper_T

Mitchelmore also tweeted that it was our first Welsh CB partnership since 1997 which is wrong as well, apparently.

So when was our last Welsh CB pairing then?
Gallagher on 08:28 - Feb 24 with 1011 views34dfgdf54

Gallagher on 14:49 - Feb 23 by jasper_T

Swans official site:
Rodon and Cabango become the first Welsh centre-half pairing to start a league game for the Swans since Christian Edwards and Kris O’Leary did so against Peterborough in October 1997.
Gallagher on 09:52 - Feb 24 with 973 viewsploppy

Gallagher on 08:28 - Feb 24 by 34dfgdf54

Swans official site:
Rodon and Cabango become the first Welsh centre-half pairing to start a league game for the Swans since Christian Edwards and Kris O’Leary did so against Peterborough in October 1997.

Also mentioned it in the commentary. If it's wrong, apparently, I wonder what the correct answer is.
Gallagher on 10:18 - Feb 24 with 958 viewsjasper_T

Gallagher on 07:38 - Feb 24 by karnataka

So when was our last Welsh CB pairing then?

According to Colin on the other site it was this one in 2004.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_3/3593271.stm

"Swansea born Matthew Rees was paired with Aberystwyth born Stuart Jones who was replaced on 88 minutes by Jamie Rewbury from the Rhondda."
[Post edited 24 Feb 2020 10:22]
Gallagher on 10:29 - Feb 24 with 939 viewsHighjack

Gallagher on 09:52 - Feb 24 by ploppy

Also mentioned it in the commentary. If it's wrong, apparently, I wonder what the correct answer is.

My memory might be playing tricks on me but didn’t Ben Davies play at CB once or twice alongside Williams?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Gallagher on 10:35 - Feb 24 with 933 viewsexhmrc1

Gallagher on 10:29 - Feb 24 by Highjack

My memory might be playing tricks on me but didn’t Ben Davies play at CB once or twice alongside Williams?

Williams wasn't born in Wales so wouldnt count
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024