Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Promotion for Leeds? 14:54 - Mar 14 with 6985 viewsBadlands

https://www.footballinsider247.com/leeds-united-may-be-promoted-without-playing-
'A Premier League source has told Football Insider that various drastic plans and scenarios will be on the agenda, including the possibility of promoting Leeds and West Brom in the event the campaign is ended.'
While I can understand crowning Liverpool with they massive lead over others in the PL both Leeds and WBA could be caught.
At this stage last season Leeds were 2nd and 2 points better off - they failed to get promotion

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Promotion for Leeds? on 15:48 - Mar 14 with 4095 viewsunion_jack

Personally, if the games can’t be played in their entirety then this season should be null and void. That is tough luck especially on Liverpool who couldn’t really lose the title if the season had continued and also on Leeds and WBA. However, there is no way of knowing what would happen especially in The Championship.

Now, whether I’d feel that way if we were in 1st or 2nd I don’t know but my views at present are based on no axe to grind.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Promotion for Leeds? on 15:51 - Mar 14 with 4091 viewsSgorioFruit

I tell you who would benefit the most if the season was called null and void. All them clubs that are in the in the relegation positions now.

For example

Norwich bottom of premier league currently 6 points from safety
Barnsley bottom of the championship currently 7 points from safety
Bolton bottom of league 1 currently 21 points away from safety
Stevenage bottom of league two currently 8 points away from safety
[Post edited 14 Mar 2020 15:54]

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Promotion for Leeds? on 15:55 - Mar 14 with 4078 viewsunion_jack

Promotion for Leeds? on 15:51 - Mar 14 by SgorioFruit

I tell you who would benefit the most if the season was called null and void. All them clubs that are in the in the relegation positions now.

For example

Well that would be their good fortune. No scenario is ideal but I think the null and void is the fairest because it’s not dealing in ‘maybes’.

Promotion for Leeds? on 16:16 - Mar 14 with 4037 viewsTimTtam

I wouldn't trust this rumour. I saw it on Twitter too. The people coming up with this idea forget that there are more teams than just PL teams. Would that mean a 21-team Championship? Or would Coventry, who are 7pts clear of 3rd and with a game in hand, be promoted to the Championship?

What a f*cking mess.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Promotion for Leeds? on 16:59 - Mar 14 with 3965 viewssainthelens

Bolton to stay up. Would have had monster odds on that start of season.
Promotion for Leeds? on 17:10 - Mar 14 with 3940 viewsPegojack

I reckon the most likely scenario is that the season will continue behind closed doors towards the end of April, two games a week for every club until it's over. Maybe free to air telly for everyone.
Promotion for Leeds? on 17:23 - Mar 14 with 3922 viewsdickythorpe

The European slots are all to play for as well, it's a mad situation, but it's not life and death.

Just suspend and resume, but once contracts expire.....that is another headache!!!
[Post edited 14 Mar 2020 17:24]
Promotion for Leeds? on 18:34 - Mar 14 with 3817 viewsleighton1318

Promotion for Leeds? on 17:10 - Mar 14 by Pegojack

I reckon the most likely scenario is that the season will continue behind closed doors towards the end of April, two games a week for every club until it's over. Maybe free to air telly for everyone.

Yes I think something like that. Run this season into the summer a bit (as necessary), including, I suppose, the FA Cup. Euros postponed for a year, partly to allow Leagues to conclude (this is a real chance for the big clubs to show the national association who’s boss).

A possibility to save time might be to bin the play offs and just have automatic promotions, so, for example, only two down from the Prem - or make 3rd an automatic promotion.

For next season, if it starts late as a consequence, maybe ditch the League Cup and play games through the international breaks.

All sounds like fiddling while Rome burns, but commerce (for that’s what football is) has to go on somehow, or we really are up sh1t creek.
Login to get fewer ads

Promotion for Leeds? on 19:18 - Mar 14 with 3748 viewsNotLoyal

Promotion for Leeds? on 18:34 - Mar 14 by leighton1318

Yes I think something like that. Run this season into the summer a bit (as necessary), including, I suppose, the FA Cup. Euros postponed for a year, partly to allow Leagues to conclude (this is a real chance for the big clubs to show the national association who’s boss).

A possibility to save time might be to bin the play offs and just have automatic promotions, so, for example, only two down from the Prem - or make 3rd an automatic promotion.

For next season, if it starts late as a consequence, maybe ditch the League Cup and play games through the international breaks.

All sounds like fiddling while Rome burns, but commerce (for that’s what football is) has to go on somehow, or we really are up sh1t creek.

I'm more in favour of the season being terminated, nothing to do with Leeds mind 😂

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Promotion for Leeds? on 19:19 - Mar 14 with 3738 viewsunion_jack

Promotion for Leeds? on 19:18 - Mar 14 by NotLoyal

I'm more in favour of the season being terminated, nothing to do with Leeds mind 😂

You’ve got to say, it would be absolutely hilarious if that happened🤣

Promotion for Leeds? on 19:34 - Mar 14 with 3713 viewsTNT

Remember we couldn't celebrate end of season success once, because Leeds prevented that happening. What goes around, comes around.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Promotion for Leeds? on 19:48 - Mar 14 with 3678 viewsFireboy2

Whatever happens some teams and their fans wont be happy and some will be.
Promotion for Leeds? on 20:14 - Mar 14 with 3642 viewsmonmouth

Promotion for Leeds? on 17:10 - Mar 14 by Pegojack

Player infections will prevent that. That was the plan before Arteta fell ill and they realised it was a non starter.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Promotion for Leeds? on 21:23 - Mar 14 with 3571 viewssP7qupUf

Promotion for Leeds? on 19:34 - Mar 14 by TNT

Remember we couldn't celebrate end of season success once, because Leeds prevented that happening. What goes around, comes around.

And we still finished 16 points ahead of them!! Fair play to Leyton Orient who gave us a guard of honour.
Promotion for Leeds? on 21:57 - Mar 14 with 3531 views1964white

Promotion for Leeds? on 19:18 - Mar 14 by NotLoyal

Really fair-minded opinion from you.

Absolutely certain you wouldn't think the same if Swansea were top of the league

14 years of shit football until Bielsa's arrival, almost bankrupt, poor/crooked owners, two relegations & now these freakish consequences

I fear the worse even though we are the best footballing side in the championship this season.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2020 21:57]
Promotion for Leeds? on 22:01 - Mar 14 with 3519 views1964white

Promotion for Leeds? on 15:51 - Mar 14 by SgorioFruit

For example

Indeed total failure benefits
Promotion for Leeds? on 22:03 - Mar 14 with 3503 viewsmonmouth

Promotion for Leeds? on 21:57 - Mar 14 by 1964white

Absolutely certain you wouldn't think the same if Swansea were top of the league

14 years of shit football until Bielsa's arrival, almost bankrupt, poor/crooked owners, two relegations & now these freakish consequences

I fear the worse even though we are the best footballing side in the championship this season.

By far too

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Promotion for Leeds? on 22:05 - Mar 14 with 3499 viewsTNT

Do you not remember Leeds spoiling our end of season celebration?

Promotion for Leeds? on 22:07 - Mar 14 with 3492 viewsTNT

If you think being better than most teams in this season's Championship is worthy of boasting, you are deluded.

Promotion for Leeds? on 22:07 - Mar 14 with 3487 views1964white

Promotion for Leeds? on 22:05 - Mar 14 by TNT

Do you not remember Leeds spoiling our end of season celebration?

What season was that ?
Promotion for Leeds? on 22:09 - Mar 14 with 3477 viewsjackjackjackjack

A friend of mine supports Leeds and I've taken the piss out of her for years, especially when we in the Premier. But they've underachieved for so long, now i feel sorry for them, and I hope they get promoted.

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

Promotion for Leeds? on 22:15 - Mar 14 with 3457 views1964white

Promotion for Leeds? on 22:07 - Mar 14 by TNT

If you think being better than most teams in this season's Championship is worthy of boasting, you are deluded.

I'm not boasting I'm just saying as it's a fact. just as Swansea were the best team when you were promoted in 2010 in my opinion, I was at the Liberty stadium when we were battered 3-0, the Swans were a joy to watch in the prem too!
Promotion for Leeds? on 22:18 - Mar 14 with 3451 views1964white

Promotion for Leeds? on 22:09 - Mar 14 by jackjackjackjack

A friend of mine supports Leeds and I've taken the piss out of her for years, especially when we in the Premier. But they've underachieved for so long, now i feel sorry for them, and I hope they get promoted.

Thanks Jackjack
Promotion for Leeds? on 22:18 - Mar 14 with 3449 viewsNotLoyal

Deep breath, tongue, cheek, wink.
But you are Leeds.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Promotion for Leeds? on 22:22 - Mar 14 with 3434 viewsPozuelosSideys

If the season fails to finish, there will be far bigger issues that promo/relegation/champions etc

The media dont give a to55 about outside teh PL and PL clubs get 80-90% of their income directly from tv so if the remaining games dont get played, not such a killer.EPL teams will suffer massively as their main income stream is bums on seats..

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024