Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Non Prog Rockers Look Away Now 16:53 - Mar 16 with 3745 viewsPegojack

In these troubled times, here's one to cheer up all the self isolating aging prog rockers like me. It's a performance recorded live in 2018 of the classic Yes track 'Heart of the Sunrise' by original band members Jon Anderson, Rick Wakeman and latecomer Trevor Rabin, ably assisted by bassist Lee Pomeroy and drummer Lou Molino. Please ignore the false cheering edited into the soundtrack by some arseh*le and focus on the fact that Anderson was 74 when this was recorded and still had the note perfect voice of an angel.

[Post edited 16 Mar 2020 17:02]
Non Prog Rockers Look Away Now on 23:16 - Mar 16 with 868 viewslegoman

Non Prog Rockers Look Away Now on 22:41 - Mar 16 by Darran

On a side note album covers just aren’t the same anymore.
Roger Dean was a master and another brilliant one was Cal Schenkel who did many Zappa albums.

Couldn't agree more Darran. I can remember to this day first buying "Close to the Edge". There was a certain texture to the card used for the album sleeve and I can picture now just staring at every square inch of the artwork.

I'd love to get back into vinyl again, but my Dual CS505 deck got knacked and I had to chuck it a couple of years ago now.

One day maybe, one day.

"M'sieur, you said your dog did not bite!" "That's not my dog"

Non Prog Rockers Look Away Now on 23:19 - Mar 16 with 865 viewsDarran

Non Prog Rockers Look Away Now on 23:16 - Mar 16 by legoman

Couldn't agree more Darran. I can remember to this day first buying "Close to the Edge". There was a certain texture to the card used for the album sleeve and I can picture now just staring at every square inch of the artwork.

I'd love to get back into vinyl again, but my Dual CS505 deck got knacked and I had to chuck it a couple of years ago now.

One day maybe, one day.

Fabulous my Friend.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Non Prog Rockers Look Away Now on 23:29 - Mar 16 with 859 viewslegoman

Non Prog Rockers Look Away Now on 23:19 - Mar 16 by Darran

Fabulous my Friend.

Indeed. Are you a vinyl fan Darran?

Non Prog Rockers Look Away Now on 23:32 - Mar 16 with 856 viewsDarran

Non Prog Rockers Look Away Now on 23:29 - Mar 16 by legoman

Indeed. Are you a vinyl fan Darran?

I got rid of it all when we moved 10 years ago. I’m absolutely gutted now.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Non Prog Rockers Look Away Now on 23:48 - Mar 16 with 837 viewsMuteswan

Non Prog Rockers Look Away Now on 23:13 - Mar 16 by legoman

Now I've had a rethink and looked up the set lists from 1973 and 1975 gigs at the Capitol and I think it was 1973 when I went. I remember my Dad driving me and a couple of mates to Cardiff very early one morning on the day the tickets went on sale. We got there about 6am and the queue was already round 3 sides of the theatre.

Yeah, I drove up like you to buy tickets and was shocked by numbers already there. Still, worth the queues in the end. Also my favourite line up of Yes, although the original members were great too.
Going on to Darran’s point about artwork, you just can’t beat the impact of the Roger Dean covers on the vinyl LP’s. Especially the double albums that opened out for the bigger picture. Still have all my vinyls, going to digitise them sometime. 🙄
Long job. 😳
Non Prog Rockers Look Away Now on 23:55 - Mar 16 with 828 viewslegoman

Non Prog Rockers Look Away Now on 23:48 - Mar 16 by Muteswan

Yeah, I drove up like you to buy tickets and was shocked by numbers already there. Still, worth the queues in the end. Also my favourite line up of Yes, although the original members were great too.
Going on to Darran’s point about artwork, you just can’t beat the impact of the Roger Dean covers on the vinyl LP’s. Especially the double albums that opened out for the bigger picture. Still have all my vinyls, going to digitise them sometime. 🙄
Long job. 😳

When you say digitise you mean convert the vinyl to a computer file like MP3?

Tbh I don't bother with my CDs anymore, it's Spotify all the way for me!

Non Prog Rockers Look Away Now on 00:13 - Mar 17 with 809 viewsploppy

I remember going to see a Yes film at the Odeon in Swansea in the early 70s. Was it Yessongs? I think it was a film of the concerts from which the Yessongs triple-album was compiled. The only thing I really remember about it was leaving at the end and walking down the stairs to California Dreaming by the Mamas and the Papas. Strange choice, I thought.
Non Prog Rockers Look Away Now on 09:26 - Mar 17 with 759 viewsBest_loser

One of the newer prog bands
Login to get fewer ads

Non Prog Rockers Look Away Now on 22:16 - Mar 17 with 701 viewshowenjack

Non Prog Rockers Look Away Now on 18:08 - Mar 16 by theloneranger

The drummer was 19 at the time.
(No subject) (n/t) on 22:22 - Mar 18 with 665 viewshowenjack

Good drum solo 5.10 in.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2020 22:29]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024