Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A thought for Teachers (n/t) 18:04 - Mar 17 with 6853 viewsJackfath

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 22:58 - Mar 18 with 1259 viewsdickythorpe

I've noticed a lot more people mainly women wearing gloves.
A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 00:57 - Mar 19 with 1219 viewsDJack

A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 19:37 - Mar 18 by Gwyn737

Yes, pal. I’m in East Sussex on missionary work from the People’s Republic of North Gower

So is my sister, currently off work as she is a bit fcked. Keep up the good work

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 09:40 - Mar 19 with 1140 viewsepaul

Just a little shout out to all the cleaners everywhere working their fingers to the bone trying to sanitise everything on top of their everyday cleaning

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 09:50 - Mar 19 with 1129 viewsladyjack

A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 09:40 - Mar 19 by epaul

Just a little shout out to all the cleaners everywhere working their fingers to the bone trying to sanitise everything on top of their everyday cleaning

Yes good shout out, they are doing a brilliant vital job.
A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 18:42 - Mar 19 with 1069 viewsmagicdaps10

Bit of a turnaround this evening. Teachers now fall in the category with NHS workers and their children will be allowed to go to school..... Allowing teachers to go in and care for the children of those on the front line.
Talk that they might have to work weekends, talk that they might have to work nights and possibly through school holidays(Easter a possibility).
As you have probably worked out, my wife is a teacher and the strain she is under, I have seen it everyday, it is at a new level.

Worrying about the virus, worrying on the kids she teaches, worrying on our kids and where they will go.... In a word just worrying.

So after all that, she will have kids coming in who's parents are in the front line.... Our kids will be in with kids who's parents are in the front line.... All this whilst we/she does not know what the hell is going on.

Stay safe all.

Ps-We ask one thing of you oldies, just stay the hell indoors.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 19:05 - Mar 19 with 1044 viewsladyjack

A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 18:42 - Mar 19 by magicdaps10

Bit of a turnaround this evening. Teachers now fall in the category with NHS workers and their children will be allowed to go to school..... Allowing teachers to go in and care for the children of those on the front line.
Talk that they might have to work weekends, talk that they might have to work nights and possibly through school holidays(Easter a possibility).
As you have probably worked out, my wife is a teacher and the strain she is under, I have seen it everyday, it is at a new level.

Worrying about the virus, worrying on the kids she teaches, worrying on our kids and where they will go.... In a word just worrying.

So after all that, she will have kids coming in who's parents are in the front line.... Our kids will be in with kids who's parents are in the front line.... All this whilst we/she does not know what the hell is going on.

Stay safe all.

Ps-We ask one thing of you oldies, just stay the hell indoors.

It's a 24/7 world, it can be difficult for office hour workers to get their head around shift work, obviously the disease and it's treatment is a 24/7 thing.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2020 20:04]
A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 20:33 - Mar 19 with 974 viewsmarchamjack

Mrs MJ is a Headteacher and she and all her staff (except one...there’s always one) are fully committed to doing their bit for the good of all and keeping the school open for not just children of the key workers (who btw still haven’t been fully defined...so there’s chancers out there already trying to blag their children to come to school) but the children who need a hot meal and the children who social services think need to be in school and away from abusive households. All fully committed to working across Easter and through the Summer if needed. Til no longer needed.

I’m the first to take the pss out of Mrs MJ over the years for working 2 weeks then having 4 weeks half term break (slight exaggeration but you get the point) but now very proud to say her and her colleagues just getting on with it and pulling together with the rest of us...when I’ve seen some snidey digs about teachers...well not this time 👊

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 20:55 - Mar 19 with 948 viewsmagicdaps10

A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 20:33 - Mar 19 by marchamjack

Mrs MJ is a Headteacher and she and all her staff (except one...there’s always one) are fully committed to doing their bit for the good of all and keeping the school open for not just children of the key workers (who btw still haven’t been fully defined...so there’s chancers out there already trying to blag their children to come to school) but the children who need a hot meal and the children who social services think need to be in school and away from abusive households. All fully committed to working across Easter and through the Summer if needed. Til no longer needed.

I’m the first to take the pss out of Mrs MJ over the years for working 2 weeks then having 4 weeks half term break (slight exaggeration but you get the point) but now very proud to say her and her colleagues just getting on with it and pulling together with the rest of us...when I’ve seen some snidey digs about teachers...well not this time 👊

Here here.

Hopefully those clowns who have had a go at teachers about their working hours and holidays will see them for what they are......individuals who are giving help and support day after day, hopefully they will get the reward and support that most deserve.

Login to get fewer ads

A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 20:57 - Mar 19 with 944 viewsGwyn737

A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 20:33 - Mar 19 by marchamjack

Just announced on Question Time that the Key Worker list won’t be out till tomorrow.

It’s a right pain logistically.
A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 21:04 - Mar 19 with 932 viewsmarchamjack

A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 20:57 - Mar 19 by Gwyn737

Just announced on Question Time that the Key Worker list won’t be out till tomorrow.

It’s a right pain logistically.

That was my point on that really. She wants to get an email out on parent mail to let parents know who is/isn’t considered a key worker with tomorrow being the last full school day and so parents can have the most warning for making childcare/working arrangements. Yeah the Govt haven’t thought through the logistics of this. But in fairness the intention is there.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 21:08 - Mar 19 with 929 viewsmagicdaps10

My concern is my kids, my wife will get on with it, there will be tears but she will get on and do what is requested of her to the best of her ability.
At present, where do my kids go, who will they be in with, what will they be doing when in? My eldest at 9 is aware what is happening and I want her to be as comfortable as she can be, my boy at 5 will get on regardless but where and who with!?

I understand the whole uncertainty and we are ready to battle on, still doesn't take away the worry especially when the kids are affected.

A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 21:13 - Mar 19 with 926 viewsGwyn737

A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 21:08 - Mar 19 by magicdaps10

My concern is my kids, my wife will get on with it, there will be tears but she will get on and do what is requested of her to the best of her ability.
At present, where do my kids go, who will they be in with, what will they be doing when in? My eldest at 9 is aware what is happening and I want her to be as comfortable as she can be, my boy at 5 will get on regardless but where and who with!?

I understand the whole uncertainty and we are ready to battle on, still doesn't take away the worry especially when the kids are affected.

There’s no doubt that school staff will be on the key worker list.

That means they will be able to attend school but at the moment we don’t know where, taught by who or what they’ll be taught.

Heads were primed this morning to crack on. If the guidance was available then this would have been sorted.
A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 21:32 - Mar 19 with 910 viewsladyjack

Just going on what BoJo said yesterday, after an initial period they will go down to very few schools, so thinking about it the teachers can share out who covers the various shifts including weekends and nights as there will apparently only be some schools open (down the track I think BoJo's phrase was).

Teachers won't lose out if they did these shifts as it they did they would go on strike.....only kidding , we are all in this together, power to the people.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2020 6:40]
A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 22:02 - Mar 20 with 815 viewsTNT

A thought for Teachers (n/t) on 09:40 - Mar 19 by epaul

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024