Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Castell Howell Carmarthen 22:00 - Mar 18 with 2053 viewsdickythorpe

With the schools now closing and pubs, restaurants seieing dramatic drops in customers -there'll be a surplus of stock so to speak.
You will be limited to the quantities of items you can buy but every little helps.

The guy who set up the company and at 73 years of age is determined to make sure the community have more than just the supermarkets to rely on.

There may even be "pop up shops" near you.

Don't panic, there's businesses who really, really care.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2020 22:05]
Castell Howell Carmarthen on 22:30 - Mar 18 with 1708 viewslifelong

The Kingsbrige Inn in Gorseinon have put out a takeaway menu for Adults and Children with free local delivery on orders over £15. Or you can collect the order at the pub where they will deliver it to you in your car in the car park.
Castell Howell Carmarthen on 23:58 - Mar 18 with 1630 viewsmajorraglan

Was in there earlier today and managed to pick up some bog roll, pasta and rice items which I haven't seen anywhere else. They have quotas for certain things, but he has a lot of stock in there including meat which has been pretty scarce.

The owner Brian is a really really tidy guy, as you say he does a lot of good work in the community and supports numerous charitable events and organisations. He employs a lot of local people and is held in high regard. A genuinely nice, decent, hardworking bloke.

[Post edited 18 Mar 2020 23:59]
Castell Howell Carmarthen on 18:53 - Mar 19 with 1388 viewslifelong

Just announced that Castell Howell are reducing the working week for their 750 employees from 5 days to 3 and cutting their wages by 40%.
Castell Howell Carmarthen on 20:47 - Mar 19 with 1293 viewsdickythorpe

Castell Howell Carmarthen on 18:53 - Mar 19 by lifelong

Just announced that Castell Howell are reducing the working week for their 750 employees from 5 days to 3 and cutting their wages by 40%.

Incorrect.
Many were told that, but they can make their hours and pay up at the cash and carry in Carmarthen which has now extended its hours.

[Post edited 19 Mar 2020 20:49]
Castell Howell Carmarthen on 20:50 - Mar 19 with 1275 viewsexiledclaseboy

Castell Howell Carmarthen on 22:30 - Mar 18 by lifelong

The Kingsbrige Inn in Gorseinon have put out a takeaway menu for Adults and Children with free local delivery on orders over £15. Or you can collect the order at the pub where they will deliver it to you in your car in the car park.

Cracking Sunday dinner there. Get on it.

Poll: Tory leader

Castell Howell Carmarthen on 21:00 - Mar 19 with 1241 viewsdickythorpe

https://mobile.twitter.com/castellhowell
Castell Howell Carmarthen on 21:02 - Mar 19 with 1236 viewsDarran

Castell Howell Carmarthen on 21:00 - Mar 19 by dickythorpe

https://mobile.twitter.com/castellhowell

We need inside info where’s Langy? 👀

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Castell Howell Carmarthen on 21:09 - Mar 19 with 1224 viewsdickythorpe

No one knows what could happen from day to day but if this " click and collect " trial works in Carmarthenshire, it will if possible be coming to most counties in Wales.
They have the vehicles and manpower plus for now stock.
I think it will be limited in choice i.e. if you want lager it'll be cans of Carling, wines will be the jack rabbit brand.....who knows as it's all dependant on staff being well and any possible lockdown
Login to get fewer ads

Castell Howell Carmarthen on 21:25 - Mar 19 with 1197 viewsmajorraglan

Castell Howell Carmarthen on 21:09 - Mar 19 by dickythorpe

No one knows what could happen from day to day but if this " click and collect " trial works in Carmarthenshire, it will if possible be coming to most counties in Wales.
They have the vehicles and manpower plus for now stock.
I think it will be limited in choice i.e. if you want lager it'll be cans of Carling, wines will be the jack rabbit brand.....who knows as it's all dependant on staff being well and any possible lockdown

He’s got a lot of stock in there and sells some very decent stuff. His business keeps a lot of people in work, hope you don’t mind me asking do you work for Castell Howell?
Castell Howell Carmarthen on 22:10 - Mar 19 with 1147 viewsdickythorpe

Yes I do. It's been a very tough week as it has for probably everyone else.
Brian , his daughter and son are trying to save everyone's job.
We've extended our opening hours in the cash and carry which gives those that lost hours in the cross hands distribution depot an opportunity to make them and their pay hopefully back up.

It's horrible really, the amount of first time and long time customers that looked really glum and scared today was not nice ,and seeing some with face masks and scarves around their mouths was hard hitting.

I would say that the patience the customers have shown is a credit to them.
Many business owners have already cancelled direct debits to us as they say this is it for them.
That's so hard to take as we've built up an incredible rapport with them over many, many years in some cases.

To see pub owners saying they're closing tonight at 11pm was surreal.
The government advice of not having large gatherings is one that has been taken extremely seriously.

I have picked orders today that I don't know will be used.
Many customers of ours have returned stock or not opened as so many bookings that they had were cancelled.

One golf club had 70 cancellations for mother's Day lunch.

There are restrictions to the amount of pasta, rice, bog roll and long life milk you can buy.

We are a food wholesaler that will try to help.

We had customers from Swansea and as far as Cardiff travel down to us today, we can only thank them for their support and hope we tried to achieve all they wanted.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2020 22:17]
Castell Howell Carmarthen on 22:17 - Mar 19 with 1127 viewsladyjack

Can the ordinary public go there off the street Dickie ?
Castell Howell Carmarthen on 22:19 - Mar 19 with 1115 viewsdickythorpe

Castell Howell Carmarthen on 22:17 - Mar 19 by ladyjack

Can the ordinary public go there off the street Dickie ?

Yes.
Castell Howell Carmarthen on 22:19 - Mar 19 with 1112 viewsexiledclaseboy

Castell Howell Carmarthen on 22:10 - Mar 19 by dickythorpe

We've extended our opening hours in the cash and carry which gives those that lost hours in the cross hands distribution depot an opportunity to make them and their pay hopefully back up.

It's horrible really, the amount of first time and long time customers that looked really glum and scared today was not nice ,and seeing some with face masks and scarves around their mouths was hard hitting.

Many business owners have already cancelled direct debits to us as they say this is it for them.
That's so hard to take as we've built up an incredible rapport with them over many, many years in some cases.

The government advice of not having large gatherings is one that has been taken extremely seriously.

Many customers of ours have returned stock or not opened as so many bookings that they had were cancelled.

There are restrictions to the amount of pasta, rice, bog roll and long life milk you can buy.

We had customers from Swansea and as far as Cardiff travel down to us today, we can only thank them for their support and hope we tried to achieve all they wanted.

Keep on keeping on Dicky, mush. Let’s hope this doesn’t last as long as we all think it will.

Poll: Tory leader

Castell Howell Carmarthen on 22:22 - Mar 19 with 1103 viewsTNT

Castell Howell Carmarthen on 22:30 - Mar 18 by lifelong

Fair play... in adversity and all that. I admire people who turn a challenge into an opportunity.

In these difficult times:
'You never know how strong you are, until being strong is your only choice'
Bob Marley

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Castell Howell Carmarthen on 22:26 - Mar 19 with 1082 viewsProfessor

Thanks for this Dicky

Good on them for trying to protect jobs and opening up to the community
Castell Howell Carmarthen on 22:27 - Mar 19 with 1081 viewslifelong

Castell Howell Carmarthen on 20:47 - Mar 19 by dickythorpe

Incorrect.
Many were told that, but they can make their hours and pay up at the cash and carry in Carmarthen which has now extended its hours.

[Post edited 19 Mar 2020 20:49]

Only repeating what was on the Welsh news earlier Dicky.
Castell Howell Carmarthen on 22:27 - Mar 19 with 1078 viewsladyjack

Castell Howell Carmarthen on 22:19 - Mar 19 by dickythorpe

Yes.

What's the crack ?, is it cheap ? what do they sell ?,have you got to buy in bulk ?

If I head up the hill from the pet crematorium, do I then turn left or right at that little roundabout ?
[Post edited 19 Mar 2020 22:34]
Castell Howell Carmarthen on 22:32 - Mar 19 with 1066 viewslifelong

Castell Howell Carmarthen on 20:50 - Mar 19 by exiledclaseboy

Cracking Sunday dinner there. Get on it.

Been there a few times, very good food.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2020 22:33]
Castell Howell Carmarthen on 22:36 - Mar 19 with 1052 viewsdickythorpe

Castell Howell Carmarthen on 22:27 - Mar 19 by ladyjack

What's the crack ?, is it cheap ? what do they sell ?,have you got to buy in bulk ?

If I head up the hill from the pet crematorium, do I then turn left or right at that little roundabout ?
[Post edited 19 Mar 2020 22:34]

You are thinking of Cross Hands depot which is not open to public or trade.
We are in Carmarthen down the hill from McDonald's.
Castell Howell Carmarthen on 22:38 - Mar 19 with 1046 viewsbuilthjack

Castell Howell Carmarthen on 22:36 - Mar 19 by dickythorpe

Towards KFC?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Castell Howell Carmarthen on 22:40 - Mar 19 with 1038 viewsdickythorpe

Castell Howell Carmarthen on 22:38 - Mar 19 by builthjack

Towards KFC?

That's correct
Castell Howell Carmarthen on 22:41 - Mar 19 with 1034 viewsladyjack

Castell Howell Carmarthen on 22:36 - Mar 19 by dickythorpe

Thanks for the info.
Castell Howell Carmarthen on 22:41 - Mar 19 with 1032 viewsmajorraglan

As ECB has said, keep on keeping on and good luck.

Hopefully, this won’t go on for too long and a combination of science, swift action and some good fortune will enable the country see the back of this illness quickly. If it takes a little longer, the government has to support the country by lending small businesses money, scraping business rates and providing people with financial support.

I don’t know the daughter or son, but I do know Brian and he’s an absolutely smashing guy, down to earth, sincere and he really cares. He is also very generous and supports a lot of good causes and charities throughout the area. In addition to employing lots of local people, he does a lot of business with local companies/farmers etc.

Fingers crossed that all will work out.
Castell Howell Carmarthen on 23:01 - Mar 19 with 995 viewsraynor94

Heads up for Swansea market here, no shortage of meat, fish, fresh fruit and vegetables. Bakers, Cheese and Continental meats. Fill your boots!

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Castell Howell Carmarthen on 05:31 - Aug 6 with 574 viewsWhiterockin

Any chance of an update Dickie. I really hope with things opening it is starting to get better for you.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024