Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Acts of kindness 17:15 - Mar 21 with 4082 viewslondonlisa2001

To get away from the ‘shock jock’ lovers, intent on making everyone feel anxious, let’s celebrate instead the small and large acts of kindness that are going around.

I’ll start off with two from today.

On my walk with the dog (which has had to change to lead walks around the area rather than big runs with loads of other dogs), I passed a man of about 40, with his son of about 12, leaving a bottle of wine on everyone’s doorstep in his road, ringing the doorbell and going on to the next house.

Second, I received an email via our neighbourhood watch for the area, from our local convenience store, the type run by the sort of people Lohengrin slagged off in another thread, offering to deliver supplies every morning to anyone who is elderly or vulnerable in the area if they ring them up and say what they need. No minimum. No cost.

These are the best of us. Thank you.

Acts of kindness on 19:33 - Mar 21 with 797 viewsA_Fans_Dad

I went to the Killay bakery on Wednesday and asked for 2 loaves instead of the usual 1 so that I wouldn't have to go back today.
The lady who served me happens to live around the corner and offered to deliver on her way home in the future.
A very nice gesture indeed.
Acts of kindness on 19:37 - Mar 21 with 784 viewsLohengrin

”... from our local convenience store, the type run by the sort of people Lohengrin slagged off in another thread...

Slagged off? Hardly, it was just a simple observation of the mores of the souk transplanted and if you think there’s isn’t calculation underpinning your local store owner’s actions you’re kidding yourself. Again, this isn’t me slagging anybody off it’s recognising a cute move by an astute businessman. You’re doing his advertising for him and he’s on to a winner. Those home deliveries will become footfall across his threshold in a few months. It’s clever.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Acts of kindness on 19:45 - Mar 21 with 766 viewsdickythorpe

Acts of kindness on 19:37 - Mar 21 by Lohengrin

”... from our local convenience store, the type run by the sort of people Lohengrin slagged off in another thread...

Slagged off? Hardly, it was just a simple observation of the mores of the souk transplanted and if you think there’s isn’t calculation underpinning your local store owner’s actions you’re kidding yourself. Again, this isn’t me slagging anybody off it’s recognising a cute move by an astute businessman. You’re doing his advertising for him and he’s on to a winner. Those home deliveries will become footfall across his threshold in a few months. It’s clever.

But Loh the businessman has employees to think about, any money coming in is better than none, he has to try something even if it is with pound signs in his eyes.

I don't trust this government fully. A massive U turn could be on the cards if this pandemic increases aggressively.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2020 19:46]
Acts of kindness on 19:46 - Mar 21 with 759 viewslondonlisa2001

I’m hardly doing much for his business putting it on a Swansea forum am I.

You’re wrong. I’m not interested in talking about it, or arguing about it to be honest.

One thing that this has shown is that some people are angels, and some are scum. I’ve seen absolutely no correlation to race, ethnicity, nationality or colour, save to say that some of the pictures of behaviour of ‘The British’ here and overseas, have filled me with absolute shame.
Acts of kindness on 20:17 - Mar 21 with 713 viewsFireboy2

'Mores of the souks'

You come come out with some tripe sometimes.

Btw my father in laws local bargain booze run by 'asians' have offered to drop off his stella, perhaps because I suspect they know he struggles on his feet anyway and most probably because he will have to stay at home soon.
Acts of kindness on 20:17 - Mar 21 with 711 viewsLohengrin

Acts of kindness on 19:46 - Mar 21 by londonlisa2001

I’m hardly doing much for his business putting it on a Swansea forum am I.

You’re wrong. I’m not interested in talking about it, or arguing about it to be honest.

One thing that this has shown is that some people are angels, and some are scum. I’ve seen absolutely no correlation to race, ethnicity, nationality or colour, save to say that some of the pictures of behaviour of ‘The British’ here and overseas, have filled me with absolute shame.

I’m not arguing with you either. And these ‘British’ folk that have filled with you with horror are hardly likely to be what I would consider ‘my’ people either. Whatever contempt you may feel for them I can guarantee you I’d magnify that ten-fold, and then some.

Acts of kindness on 20:19 - Mar 21 with 705 viewslondonlisa2001

Acts of kindness on 20:17 - Mar 21 by Lohengrin

I’m not arguing with you either. And these ‘British’ folk that have filled with you with horror are hardly likely to be what I would consider ‘my’ people either. Whatever contempt you may feel for them I can guarantee you I’d magnify that ten-fold, and then some.

If accurate, which is always a caveat, the pictures of the British Tourists in Benidorm a few days ago made my skin crawl with shame.
Acts of kindness on 20:20 - Mar 21 with 704 viewsLohengrin

Acts of kindness on 20:17 - Mar 21 by Fireboy2

'Mores of the souks'

You come come out with some tripe sometimes.

Btw my father in laws local bargain booze run by 'asians' have offered to drop off his stella, perhaps because I suspect they know he struggles on his feet anyway and most probably because he will have to stay at home soon.

FFS!

Login to get fewer ads

Acts of kindness on 20:21 - Mar 21 with 698 viewsLohengrin

Acts of kindness on 20:19 - Mar 21 by londonlisa2001

If accurate, which is always a caveat, the pictures of the British Tourists in Benidorm a few days ago made my skin crawl with shame.

The underclass on tour.

Acts of kindness on 20:22 - Mar 21 with 695 viewsJackfath

In a thread about kindness, why are some being so personally abusive?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Acts of kindness on 20:26 - Mar 21 with 684 viewslondonlisa2001

Acts of kindness on 20:22 - Mar 21 by Jackfath

In a thread about kindness, why are some being so personally abusive?

To be fair, you started it.

Anyway - you’re right, back to the subject.

Huge shout out to GTech, who’ve moved all lines from cleaners etc to ventilators, have a prototype up and running, and are ready to move into production next week.

Acts of kindness on 20:28 - Mar 21 with 681 viewsLohengrin

Acts of kindness on 20:26 - Mar 21 by londonlisa2001

Huge shout out to GTech, who’ve moved all lines from cleaners etc to ventilators, have a prototype up and running, and are ready to move into production next week.

Land Rover are looking to switch production on some of their lines too, if you didn’t already know it?

Acts of kindness on 20:29 - Mar 21 with 676 viewsSwanjaxs

Stay on track guys...

Acts of kindness is the title if you dont mind.

Anyways...

I've made Mrs SJ a lovely cheese and pickle sandwich and cup of tea after her shift today and you'd swear I'd given her a Persian Rug judging by her reaction...

So that's what I've done today to make me feel proud ( Heather Small) ❤

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Acts of kindness on 20:32 - Mar 21 with 671 viewsLohengrin

Acts of kindness on 20:29 - Mar 21 by Swanjaxs

Stay on track guys...

Acts of kindness is the title if you dont mind.

Anyways...

I've made Mrs SJ a lovely cheese and pickle sandwich and cup of tea after her shift today and you'd swear I'd given her a Persian Rug judging by her reaction...

So that's what I've done today to make me feel proud ( Heather Small) ❤

A cheese and pickle sandwich?

Don Juan had better start looking over his shoulder, there’s a new player in town...

Acts of kindness on 20:34 - Mar 21 with 663 viewsJackfath

Acts of kindness on 20:26 - Mar 21 by londonlisa2001

I’m not often wrong, to be fair.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Acts of kindness on 20:35 - Mar 21 with 662 viewsSwanjaxs

Acts of kindness on 20:32 - Mar 21 by Lohengrin

A cheese and pickle sandwich?

Don Juan had better start looking over his shoulder, there’s a new player in town...

I'm stepping up to the mark in this uncertain period of our lives...

She'd be lucky to get a cup of instant coffee and a malted milk biscuit usually

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

Acts of kindness on 20:38 - Mar 21 with 651 viewsLohengrin

Acts of kindness on 20:35 - Mar 21 by Swanjaxs

I'm stepping up to the mark in this uncertain period of our lives...

She'd be lucky to get a cup of instant coffee and a malted milk biscuit usually

Acts of kindness on 20:42 - Mar 21 with 633 viewsSwanjaxs

Acts of kindness on 20:34 - Mar 21 by Jackfath

I’m not often wrong, to be fair.

Well you were a bit earlier in your criticism of Vaughan Gething ...

Acts of kindness on 20:43 - Mar 21 with 631 viewsDarran

It was my 3 year old grandsons birthday today and we couldn’t go see him because we are on lockdown so we FaceTimed him Sky News was on behind me and half way through telling me what he’d had for his birthday he said “Grampa,why did Boris Johnson not have the foresight to construct a 500k ventilators a year ago and stockpile 10 million face masks. ? I blame his science denial for this and his other crimes. Also, he is racist."

I could not answer and was left literally shaking.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Acts of kindness on 20:43 - Mar 21 with 630 viewsJackfath

Acts of kindness on 20:42 - Mar 21 by Swanjaxs

Well you were a bit earlier in your criticism of Vaughan Gething ...

Criticism?

Acts of kindness on 20:47 - Mar 21 with 603 viewsSwanjaxs

Acts of kindness on 20:43 - Mar 21 by Jackfath

Criticism?

Yes. Yes indeed you were criticising him, for going back to work 5 days into his self isolation, before checking the facts.

Anyways.

Back to thread yea

Stay safe my friend

Acts of kindness on 20:48 - Mar 21 with 598 viewsbuilthjack

Acts of kindness on 20:43 - Mar 21 by Darran

It was my 3 year old grandsons birthday today and we couldn’t go see him because we are on lockdown so we FaceTimed him Sky News was on behind me and half way through telling me what he’d had for his birthday he said “Grampa,why did Boris Johnson not have the foresight to construct a 500k ventilators a year ago and stockpile 10 million face masks. ? I blame his science denial for this and his other crimes. Also, he is racist."

That boy will be Prime Minister by the time he is 18

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Acts of kindness on 20:54 - Mar 21 with 581 viewsLohengrin

Acts of kindness on 20:48 - Mar 21 by builthjack

That boy will be Prime Minister by the time he is 18

He’ll be in jug by then if he takes after his grandfather.

Acts of kindness on 21:01 - Mar 21 with 560 viewsSwanjaxs

Acts of kindness on 20:43 - Mar 21 by Darran

Was your grandson a Remainer or a Brexiteer?

He's a 3 year old with all this going on.

Happy birthday to the young man 🎂
[Post edited 21 Mar 2020 21:04]

Acts of kindness on 21:02 - Mar 21 with 555 viewsJackfath

Acts of kindness on 20:47 - Mar 21 by Swanjaxs

Yes. Yes indeed you were criticising him, for going back to work 5 days into his self isolation, before checking the facts.

Anyways.

Back to thread yea

Stay safe my friend

Wrong.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024