Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Music you discovered later on in life 20:45 - Mar 6 with 3630 viewsTNT

I like a wide range of music, from Punk to Classical.

I had never listened to Pink Floyd, but bought their last album to see what I may be missing - nothing. I recently watched / listened to a Sky documentary, and heard enough to decide to buy Dark Side Of The Moon the next day. Listened to it most days since.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Music you discovered later on in life on 23:18 - Mar 6 with 1850 viewsPegojack

Have a look on UTube at their live performance in Pompeii arena (empty except for techies) from the early 70's when you've got a few minutes. Playing tracks from the album Meddle. Quite stunning.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2020 23:23]
Music you discovered later on in life on 23:37 - Mar 6 with 1830 viewsGlyn1

Stormzy? Ed Sheeran? Taylor Swift? Anything this century?

Personally I'm well out of touch but my sisters are so clued in because of what their kids play.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2020 0:03]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Music you discovered later on in life on 07:48 - Mar 7 with 1751 viewslegoman

Music you discovered later on in life on 23:18 - Mar 6 by Pegojack

Have a look on UTube at their live performance in Pompeii arena (empty except for techies) from the early 70's when you've got a few minutes. Playing tracks from the album Meddle. Quite stunning.

I'm not that much of a Floyd fan, but David Gilmour's "High Hopes" from the live in Gdansk concert is fantastic.

"M'sieur, you said your dog did not bite!" "That's not my dog"

Music you discovered later on in life on 08:32 - Mar 7 with 1723 viewsSgorioFruit

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Music you discovered later on in life on 08:33 - Mar 7 with 1723 viewsepaul

Never was one for Floyd, but have got into them over the last 15 years or so and appreciate their music so much, tbh far I love all the old 60's rock/metal and wish I'd been of an age in them days to have been able to have seen it all live, saying that if I had been that would put me in my 70's now!!
Me and the missus regularly sit with a few drinks on a friday night and have a great old time watching all the old stuff on utube from the 60's and 70's

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Music you discovered later on in life on 08:46 - Mar 7 with 1719 viewsBest_loser

Creedance Clearwater revival

Buffalo Springfield

Thelonius monk
[Post edited 7 Mar 2020 8:52]
Music you discovered later on in life on 08:54 - Mar 7 with 1706 viewsepaul

Music you discovered later on in life on 08:46 - Mar 7 by Best_loser

Creedance Clearwater revival

Buffalo Springfield

Thelonius monk
[Post edited 7 Mar 2020 8:52]

What a song

try this for size, amazing

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Music you discovered later on in life on 09:05 - Mar 7 with 1699 viewsdickythorpe

I think this is better than the original

Login to get fewer ads

Music you discovered later on in life on 09:30 - Mar 7 with 1679 viewsVetchfielder

Iron Maiden for me.
The first album I bought of theirs was "A Matter of Life and Death" on its release in 2006 and I loved it. It was their 14th album and over the last few years I've bought most of their back catalogue. I'd even like to bravely suggest that, even after all these years, that they are getting better - I think their most recent album "Book of Souls" is their best.

Proud to have been one of the 231

Music you discovered later on in life on 09:39 - Mar 7 with 1668 viewswhiterock

Stone Roses from me, what a band
Music you discovered later on in life on 09:59 - Mar 7 with 1649 viewsItchySphincter

Music you discovered later on in life on 09:05 - Mar 7 by dickythorpe

Dunno if it's better but it's great. Fogerty's odd drawl and the pushy drums give it a completely different feel. Proud Mary's another one that only sounds any good when they're playing it.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2020 10:00]

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Music you discovered later on in life on 10:13 - Mar 7 with 1637 viewsDr_Winston

Music you discovered later on in life on 09:30 - Mar 7 by Vetchfielder

Iron Maiden for me.
The first album I bought of theirs was "A Matter of Life and Death" on its release in 2006 and I loved it. It was their 14th album and over the last few years I've bought most of their back catalogue. I'd even like to bravely suggest that, even after all these years, that they are getting better - I think their most recent album "Book of Souls" is their best.

My favourite Maiden album depends on what kind of mood I'm in. A lot of the post- Seventh Son stuff gets dismissed by many but I love loads of it. Paschendale from Dance of Death is possibly the best thing they've ever done.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Music you discovered later on in life on 10:27 - Mar 7 with 1623 viewsWarwickHunt

Music you discovered later on in life on 09:05 - Mar 7 by dickythorpe

Smokey did the original, then Gladys Knight and then Marvin...

Music you discovered later on in life on 10:27 - Mar 7 with 1622 viewsLeonWasGod

Saw the thread title and opened thread to say Pink Floyd. So yeah, exactly the same here. Been slowly working my way through the back catalogue over the last couple of years. No idea how I missed it before.

Early genesis might also fit into this. I’ve only found out recently their early stuff was prog rock before they went more pop-like. That should be just up my street, but haven’t got round to having a listen yet.
Music you discovered later on in life on 10:37 - Mar 7 with 1611 viewsLeonWasGod

Music you discovered later on in life on 09:30 - Mar 7 by Vetchfielder

Iron Maiden for me.

I grew up on Maiden. Number of the Beast on Top of the Pops was the first metal track I ever heard. Loved it instantly and bought their previous 2 albums, then listened to each of their next few albums to death. They were my first gig too, and 2nd, and 3rd, and 4th....

Fear of the Dark’s the last album I got, stopped listening when Bruce took a break to do his own thing and haven’t listened to anything since really. So I’ll have a look at that recent album cheers.
Music you discovered later on in life on 10:53 - Mar 7 with 1591 viewsPegojack

Here's another one for you U Tubers, and maybe fans of Keith Emerson.

Check out very talented Italian pianist Massimo Bucci's solo rendition of ELP's 'Just Take a Pebble'. Ten and a half minutes of sheer delight for music lovers.

Takes me way back to Glanafan School in the early seventies, on a lunchtime listening to a very skillful pianist classmate of mine, Steven Burton, playing this on the school hall piano to an enraptured audience.
Music you discovered later on in life on 11:46 - Mar 7 with 1554 viewsCatullus

Generally speaking I'm not often into specific bands or individual artistes. I do like a fair bit of Pink and Billy Joel but usually, if I like a song I don't care who it's by. So I like stuff ranging across the board apart from rap/rave/garage/grunge which all sound the same to me!

Iron Maiden, AC/DC, DefLeppard, Joel, Pink, Rolling Stones, Stiff Little Fingers, McFly, Wagner (Lohengrin, Ride of the Valkyries)

If I like it, I just do! Quite often I'll know the song word for word but not the singer.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Music you discovered later on in life on 11:54 - Mar 7 with 1547 viewsGowerjack

Jazz

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Music you discovered later on in life on 11:59 - Mar 7 with 1544 viewsJack_Meoff

Music you discovered later on in life on 10:27 - Mar 7 by LeonWasGod

Saw the thread title and opened thread to say Pink Floyd. So yeah, exactly the same here. Been slowly working my way through the back catalogue over the last couple of years. No idea how I missed it before.

Early genesis might also fit into this. I’ve only found out recently their early stuff was prog rock before they went more pop-like. That should be just up my street, but haven’t got round to having a listen yet.

Jump straight into the deep end pal, you won't regret it...

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Music you discovered later on in life on 12:18 - Mar 7 with 1525 viewsNotLoyal

Music you discovered later on in life on 08:54 - Mar 7 by epaul

What a song

try this for size, amazing

Nik Turner is a fine chap, lives in west wales, often saw him when I was down there years back.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Music you discovered later on in life on 12:26 - Mar 7 with 1509 viewsmonmouth

Music you discovered later on in life on 23:18 - Mar 6 by Pegojack

That’s what made me like them. Never really fell for dark side of the moon...too depressing. Animals was my favourite and still is.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Music you discovered later on in life on 12:29 - Mar 7 with 1498 viewsThrasher6

James Taylor. Don't quite understand the science but the sound on his BBC sets is superb. It hooked me in in later life...here's Fire And Rain. A great song...great sound

[Post edited 7 Mar 2020 12:41]

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Music you discovered later on in life on 12:39 - Mar 7 with 1487 viewsMuteswan

Music you discovered later on in life on 11:54 - Mar 7 by Gowerjack

Jazz

I was totally into rock and prog and classical when younger and only progressed onto jazz when into my mid thirties. So I suppose I was late getting into jazz.
Music you discovered later on in life on 12:46 - Mar 7 with 1474 viewsMuteswan

Music you discovered later on in life on 10:27 - Mar 7 by LeonWasGod

Early Genesis was far superior in my opinion, Steve Hackett and Peter Gabriel were very influential then. They ended up being a vehicle for the pop style of Phil Collins and apart from a few decent efforts were a bit meh.
Music you discovered later on in life on 15:42 - Mar 7 with 1397 viewscmajack

Country music, modern country i like but 90s country especially. Also have been lucky enough to visit Nashville for the country music festival. Awesome experience.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024