Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Self employed 13:58 - Mar 24 with 4252 viewsbuilthjack

Still no announcement, so people will go out to work to get money to live.
Why are they taking so long to help these people?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Self employed on 14:04 - Mar 24 with 2420 viewsGwyn737

Hopefully it's coming in the next couple of days.

Strong suggestion it'll based on previous tax returns.
Self employed on 14:16 - Mar 24 with 2396 viewsOldjack

What is the support for self-employed people?
Broadly speaking, employees are entitled to sick pay and self-employed people are not.
In the latest UK figures for the last three months of 2019, there were about 28 million employed people and about five million self-employed.
Meanwhile, the government has said it will make it "quicker and easier" for self-employed people seeing a sudden drop in income to access benefits.
The chancellor said that those on contributory employment and support Allowance (ESA) will be able to claim from day one, instead of day eight.
He has removed the minimum income floor. The minimum income floor would have taken into account how much they would normally expect to earn in a month when calculating their entitlement to universal credit.
Not having the floor means they will be able to claim for time they spend off work due to sickness.
It means self-employed people can now access, in full, universal credit at a rate equivalent to SSP for employees.

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Self employed on 14:23 - Mar 24 with 2374 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Self employed on 14:04 - Mar 24 by Gwyn737

Seems fair a percentage of what they earn and declare.
Self employed on 14:34 - Mar 24 with 2361 viewsbuilthjack

Self employed on 14:04 - Mar 24 by Gwyn737

I read somewhere that around a million have gone self employed in the last 12 months. So no tax return yet. That won't work.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Self employed on 14:43 - Mar 24 with 2339 viewsSTID2017

Self employed on 14:34 - Mar 24 by builthjack

I read somewhere that around a million have gone self employed in the last 12 months. So no tax return yet. That won't work.

I know two guys who worked on my house recently, both of whom went self employed towards the end of last year.
So they and many like them are snookered.
Government needs to act quickly to stop guys like these feeling pressured into going to work

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Self employed on 15:13 - Mar 24 with 2313 viewsFireboy2

The government should bend over backwards for these hard working people asap, they need reassurances that they will be help them though this sh!t, ateotd it wont be for long so just help them out pronto.
Self employed on 17:17 - Mar 24 with 2247 viewsbuilthjack

Self employed on 14:16 - Mar 24 by Oldjack

What is the support for self-employed people?
Broadly speaking, employees are entitled to sick pay and self-employed people are not.
In the latest UK figures for the last three months of 2019, there were about 28 million employed people and about five million self-employed.
Meanwhile, the government has said it will make it "quicker and easier" for self-employed people seeing a sudden drop in income to access benefits.
The chancellor said that those on contributory employment and support Allowance (ESA) will be able to claim from day one, instead of day eight.
He has removed the minimum income floor. The minimum income floor would have taken into account how much they would normally expect to earn in a month when calculating their entitlement to universal credit.
Not having the floor means they will be able to claim for time they spend off work due to sickness.
It means self-employed people can now access, in full, universal credit at a rate equivalent to SSP for employees.

So employed people get 80% of their pay, up to £2500 per month. Self employed get about £90 per week. If it stays like that Boris can kiss goodbye to 5 million votes.

Self employed on 17:35 - Mar 24 with 2222 viewsBillyChong

Self employed on 14:23 - Mar 24 by AlfieMooresSon

Seems fair a percentage of what they earn and declare.

Could be seeing a lot more ‘accurate’ returns in future
Login to get fewer ads

Self employed on 17:53 - Mar 24 with 2201 viewsDr_Winston

Self employed on 17:35 - Mar 24 by BillyChong

Cynic.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Self employed on 18:31 - Mar 24 with 2166 viewssainthelens

Self employed on 17:17 - Mar 24 by builthjack

So employed people get 80% of their pay, up to £2500 per month. Self employed get about £90 per week. If it stays like that Boris can kiss goodbye to 5 million votes.

From a govt who encouraged people to start up on their own.
Cvnts.
Self employed on 18:44 - Mar 24 with 2155 viewsOldjack

maybe true...…. Self-employed Britons will be entitled to up to 80% of their income under a new emergency package to be delivered by the government.
The new package, added to the Coronavirus Bill yesterday, will entitle five million self-employed and freelance workers up to 80% of their monthly net earnings averages over the last three years, or £2,917, whichever is lower, and will be announced on Wednesday.
The government had faced a wave of criticism over a failure to offer support to the self employed when it announced that it would backstop private sector wages late last week.
Freelancers facing a total loss of earnings were left relying on universal credit ‘in full’ at a rate equivalent to statutory sick pay at £94.25 per week.
Yesterday, the Independent Workers Union of Great Britain (IWGB), a trade union for self-employed workers, said it would be taking legal action against the government over its ‘failure to protect the wages and jobs of millions of workers’ during the Covid-19 pandemic.

The government has also pledged to postpone its IR35 reforms to April 2021, to help freelancers during the Covid-19 crisis.
And for the next 12 months the universal credit standard allowance and working tax credit basic element will be increased by £1,000 per year.
It is unclear how the government would process the payments or how those that have only recently become self-employed would apply for the grant, or whether claims could be backdated to 1 March 2020 in line with previous measures.
The move is a part of a series of radical measures to protect the economy following the spread of the Coronavirus across the UK.
Last week, Chancellor Rishi Sunak has announced that the government will offer grants to all employers across the country to pay up to 80% of their employees’ wages up to £2,500 per month.
It was estimated that the government bailout of workers could cost £45bn, a bill that could rise and exceed the amount spent on bank bailouts

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Self employed on 19:04 - Mar 24 with 2127 viewsbuilthjack

Self employed on 17:35 - Mar 24 by BillyChong

Could be seeing a lot more cash in hand jobs too.

Self employed on 19:04 - Mar 24 with 2125 viewsCooperman

I think we have to be a little more patient whilst Boris and his team work all of this out. They haven't had the luxury of being able to go the the shelf and pick out the manual on how to implement the solution. No government has been afforded this situation.

What they have managed to accomplish in a very few short days has been nothing short of miraculous and there is much more to come (let's not confuse this subject with the lock down topic). Regardless of whether we are talking about personnel on PAYE or the self employed, the sheer volume of IT work going on in the background to make all this happen is truly staggering.

This is not a party political broadcast by the Conservative Party. It is simply a reflection on the need to work out these solutions right first time.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Self employed on 17:30 - Mar 26 with 1904 viewsbuilthjack

So anyone who hasn't gone self employed since April 2018 won't get a penny of help.
What b@stards . Anybody renting will be unable to pay, no money for food, no money for anything.
Is it any wonder builders are trying to work to put bread on the table. Now they will carry on doing it. Risking their life, and the life's of others.
Fcking retards this government.

Self employed on 18:05 - Mar 26 with 1851 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Self employed on 17:30 - Mar 26 by builthjack

So anyone who hasn't gone self employed since April 2018 won't get a penny of help.
What b@stards . Anybody renting will be unable to pay, no money for food, no money for anything.
Is it any wonder builders are trying to work to put bread on the table. Now they will carry on doing it. Risking their life, and the life's of others.
Fcking retards this government.

From what I heard from the Chancellor they will have the same access to benefits and emergency payments as employed people.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Self employed on 18:45 - Mar 26 with 1794 viewsbuilthjack

Self employed on 18:05 - Mar 26 by JACKMANANDBOY

From what I heard from the Chancellor they will have the same access to benefits and emergency payments as employed people.

They won't get 80% of wages like everyone else. They might get £90 a week if .they are very lucky.

Self employed on 19:04 - Mar 26 with 1761 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Self employed on 18:45 - Mar 26 by builthjack

They won't get 80% of wages like everyone else. They might get £90 a week if .they are very lucky.

Well the chancellor mentioned help with mortgages, rent from social landlords, council tax freezes and hardship payments available from LAs on top of the range of benefits. I'm not saying this is not extremely difficult but to say people will get nothing does not reflect what I heard. If an employed person loses their job it's the same deal as self employed. Some self employed people are picking up work according to my neighbour who is an SE electrician and is now working on NHS sites.

It's not easy for many people, my relatives have both health and income issues.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Self employed on 19:08 - Mar 26 with 1756 viewsbuilthjack

Self employed on 19:04 - Mar 26 by JACKMANANDBOY

Well the chancellor mentioned help with mortgages, rent from social landlords, council tax freezes and hardship payments available from LAs on top of the range of benefits. I'm not saying this is not extremely difficult but to say people will get nothing does not reflect what I heard. If an employed person loses their job it's the same deal as self employed. Some self employed people are picking up work according to my neighbour who is an SE electrician and is now working on NHS sites.

It's not easy for many people, my relatives have both health and income issues.

Did you not hear what he said?
Oh, and the self employed who will get money have to wait until at least June.

Self employed on 21:59 - Mar 26 with 1654 viewsNotLoyal

Did he also say they must have earned over 50 k last year?

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Self employed on 22:07 - Mar 26 with 1641 viewsCooperman

Self employed on 21:59 - Mar 26 by NotLoyal

Did he also say they must have earned over 50 k last year?

No. He said the opposite.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Self employed on 07:54 - Mar 27 with 1574 viewsbuilthjack

There we have it. My neighbour, a plasterer, who won't get a penny, has just gone back to work.
He has had to.

Self employed on 10:29 - Mar 27 with 1492 viewsNotLoyal

Self employed on 22:07 - Mar 26 by Cooperman

No. He said the opposite.

Of course, I meant - profit, but cheers 👍
[Post edited 27 Mar 2020 10:36]

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Self employed on 10:46 - Mar 27 with 1472 viewsploppy

Self employed on 07:54 - Mar 27 by builthjack

There we have it. My neighbour, a plasterer, who won't get a penny, has just gone back to work.
He has had to.

Why won't he get anything? Is he one of the ones who's gone self-employed in the last year or does he make more than £50K profit normally?

TBH, there are many people who could probably continue to work, IMO. If a plasterer is working alone in an empty room, and not interacting with the homeowners, is he really a risk (or at risk)? I've just seen a lawn maintenance company doing a neighbour's lawn - on his own, no-one else around. For companies like these I guess their problem would be if the demand dries up.
Self employed on 11:06 - Mar 27 with 1452 viewsbuilthjack

Self employed on 10:46 - Mar 27 by ploppy

Why won't he get anything? Is he one of the ones who's gone self-employed in the last year or does he make more than £50K profit normally?

TBH, there are many people who could probably continue to work, IMO. If a plasterer is working alone in an empty room, and not interacting with the homeowners, is he really a risk (or at risk)? I've just seen a lawn maintenance company doing a neighbour's lawn - on his own, no-one else around. For companies like these I guess their problem would be if the demand dries up.

Self employed for 3 months. He won't get a penny. A lot of his work is inside renewing ceilings in elderly persons properties for Care and Repair. He can't do that now, so will do whatever work he can find outside.
It's wrong.

Self employed on 11:32 - Mar 27 with 1438 viewsploppy

Self employed on 11:06 - Mar 27 by builthjack

Self employed for 3 months. He won't get a penny. A lot of his work is inside renewing ceilings in elderly persons properties for Care and Repair. He can't do that now, so will do whatever work he can find outside.
It's wrong.

Yes, he's one of the unfortunate ones. I have no doubt that coming up with a plan for the self-employed was extremely challenging. Out of curiosity, what would you have done?

On the broader subject of freelancers/self-employed. I worked in an industry where there were/are a lot of freelancers/contractors - I don't know if they were technically self-employed and/or what the difference is. One-man companies I suppose. They always earned about twice what us permies were earning. Paid themselves as little a salary as possible and then big dividends. IR35 tried to crack down on it but was largely unsuccessful. Their argument was that they had no job security, whereas in reality some of the contractors had been in place longer than a lot of the permanent staff. Financially, it was very attractive but I never had the balls to do it because I had a wife and kids to support. The only way I would have taken the option would have been if I had a large nest-egg to fall back on in times of hardship.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024