Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dirty Leeds 21:12 - Apr 3 with 1092 viewsladyjack

Why did Leeds change their colours to try and be like another club, there was no way they were going to emulate them.
Dirty Leeds on 21:43 - Apr 3 with 1063 viewsbuilthjack

Many clubs, Man Utd, Liverpool included changed their colours over the years.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Dirty Leeds on 21:50 - Apr 3 with 1033 viewsSwanjaxs

Even the mighty blueturds

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Dirty Leeds on 21:50 - Apr 3 with 1039 viewsladyjack

Dirty Leeds on 21:43 - Apr 3 by builthjack

Many clubs, Man Utd, Liverpool included changed their colours over the years.

Lots in the early days not so many since the war and not for reasons of wanting to be like another club.
Dirty Leeds on 22:39 - Apr 3 with 1000 views1964white

Dirty Leeds on 21:50 - Apr 3 by ladyjack

Lots in the early days not so many since the war and not for reasons of wanting to be like another club.

Don Revie was a huge admirer of Real Madrid

I love the all-white kits, not a fan of away colours

I read somewhere Swansea have played in all-white since you were formed in 1912
Dirty Leeds on 22:54 - Apr 3 with 986 viewsTNT

Dirty Leeds on 21:50 - Apr 3 by Swanjaxs

Even the mighty blueturds

Correct, when they were called 'Riverside' their shirts were officially 'Shit Brown', I kid you not.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Dirty Leeds on 08:45 - Apr 4 with 854 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Dirty Leeds on 22:54 - Apr 3 by TNT

Correct, when they were called 'Riverside' their shirts were officially 'Shit Brown', I kid you not.

Shit brown ańd yellow quarters. Perfect!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Dirty Leeds on 09:01 - Apr 4 with 827 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Dirty Leeds on 22:39 - Apr 3 by 1964white

Don Revie was a huge admirer of Real Madrid

I love the all-white kits, not a fan of away colours

I read somewhere Swansea have played in all-white since you were formed in 1912

Yes, it’s quite an unique thing 64. It certainly makes ours “not like any old boring blue or red” club. I just read that Real Madrid only beat us to the white kit by 10 years as they were formed in 1902.

Our white kit was actually inspired by Swansea RFC who were known as “All Whites” since their formation in 1872 (firstly as an association football club - which I only just found out!) .
So there was a football team playing in white in Swansea in 1872! Suck it up Real Madrid!!!

Dirty Leeds on 11:12 - Apr 4 with 759 viewsHighjack

Dirty Leeds on 09:01 - Apr 4 by Brynmill_Jack

Yes, it’s quite an unique thing 64. It certainly makes ours “not like any old boring blue or red” club. I just read that Real Madrid only beat us to the white kit by 10 years as they were formed in 1902.

Our white kit was actually inspired by Swansea RFC who were known as “All Whites” since their formation in 1872 (firstly as an association football club - which I only just found out!) .
So there was a football team playing in white in Swansea in 1872! Suck it up Real Madrid!!!

Surely it’s more likely that white was adopted because of the whole ‘swan’ thing?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Login to get fewer ads

Dirty Leeds on 11:14 - Apr 4 with 748 viewsSwanjaxs

Dirty Leeds on 22:54 - Apr 3 by TNT

I was thinking more recently, but good call

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

Dirty Leeds on 11:17 - Apr 4 with 745 viewsSwanjaxs

Dirty Leeds on 11:12 - Apr 4 by Highjack

Surely it’s more likely that white was adopted because of the whole ‘swan’ thing?

I think the SWAN thing has gone over his head maybe?

Dirty Leeds on 11:32 - Apr 4 with 731 viewstheloneranger

The "All Whites" only became truly “ALL White” in season 1924/25 ... previous seasons had seen them with an all white shirt with dark blue or black shorts.

Our kit for that 1912 season was all white shirt and shorts, with all black socks.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Dirty Leeds on 11:47 - Apr 4 with 712 viewsWxmJax

Shankly changed the Liverpool kit to all red because it looked more imposing than white socks and shorts. How many times have Barcelona changed their kit in the last 30 yrs ? 3, 5, 7, 15 stripes, even a hooped shirt and various shades of red and blue, even black. What was the point of the thread again ? The OP needs to get out more.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Dirty Leeds on 11:59 - Apr 4 with 690 views1964white

Playing in all white could be the reason why I have a soft spot for the Swans. I remember Swansea battering Leeds 3-0 down at your place about ten years ago & then going onto play some super stuff in the premiership.

At the time I did wonder if I would ever see a Leeds team playing scintillating football again. Then Bielsa arrived & my dreams have come true!
Dirty Leeds on 12:20 - Apr 4 with 649 viewsladyjack

Dirty Leeds on 11:47 - Apr 4 by WxmJax

Shankly changed the Liverpool kit to all red because it looked more imposing than white socks and shorts. How many times have Barcelona changed their kit in the last 30 yrs ? 3, 5, 7, 15 stripes, even a hooped shirt and various shades of red and blue, even black. What was the point of the thread again ? The OP needs to get out more.

What colour was Liverpool shirt before Shankly, it was red.
Dirty Leeds on 13:14 - Apr 4 with 614 viewsmonmouth

Dirty Leeds on 11:59 - Apr 4 by 1964white

Playing in all white could be the reason why I have a soft spot for the Swans. I remember Swansea battering Leeds 3-0 down at your place about ten years ago & then going onto play some super stuff in the premiership.

At the time I did wonder if I would ever see a Leeds team playing scintillating football again. Then Bielsa arrived & my dreams have come true!

I had Leeds as my ‘first division’ team In school when I was a dwt partly because they played in all white. I was mad for Swans then too, but somehow the worlds of Bentley’s Swans and Revie’s Leeds seemed like they belonged in different universes,

I suppose Colchester ‘United’ those universes 🤣

And I liked them partly because of Reaney, Cooper, Bremner, Giles, Lorimer, Jones, Clarke and Gray. I didn’t realise how dirty and cynical that team was until I saw them live when they had aged a bit. Went off them big time then and their BNP fan base at the time.

Having worked there later on in life, I have a number of good friends who are Leeds supporters, so I don’t mind them going up at all, and this season they are by far the best team in my opinion. I’d still have to snigger full Muttley if the season was cancelled. Sorry.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Dirty Leeds on 14:22 - Apr 4 with 575 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Dirty Leeds on 11:12 - Apr 4 by Highjack

Not according to this

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Swansea_City/Swansea_City.htm

Dirty Leeds on 14:25 - Apr 4 with 564 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Dirty Leeds on 11:32 - Apr 4 by theloneranger

The "All Whites" only became truly “ALL White” in season 1924/25 ... previous seasons had seen them with an all white shirt with dark blue or black shorts.

Our kit for that 1912 season was all white shirt and shorts, with all black socks.

Wasn’t aware of the rugby team having navy shorts but the point is the football club decided on the same colour shirts as they did.

Dirty Leeds on 14:53 - Apr 4 with 552 views1964white

Dirty Leeds on 13:14 - Apr 4 by monmouth

I had Leeds as my ‘first division’ team In school when I was a dwt partly because they played in all white. I was mad for Swans then too, but somehow the worlds of Bentley’s Swans and Revie’s Leeds seemed like they belonged in different universes,

I suppose Colchester ‘United’ those universes 🤣

And I liked them partly because of Reaney, Cooper, Bremner, Giles, Lorimer, Jones, Clarke and Gray. I didn’t realise how dirty and cynical that team was until I saw them live when they had aged a bit. Went off them big time then and their BNP fan base at the time.

Having worked there later on in life, I have a number of good friends who are Leeds supporters, so I don’t mind them going up at all, and this season they are by far the best team in my opinion. I’d still have to snigger full Muttley if the season was cancelled. Sorry.

Bremner & Giles are my two Leeds heroes, as a 9yo I shook hands with Billy as he whispered a few words to a starstruck boy. I got home & said to my mum I'm never going to 'wash my hands' ever again, how ironic those words are today.

Every team in those days were hard & had dirty players, Giles & Clarke were cynical & sneaky with their fouls. Clarke was responsible for getting you're big CB Mel Nurse sent off in our 1970 cup-tie at ER, we got lucky as we were never gonna win that game until that incident occurred with half an hour to go!

I'll allow you a little snigger if the season is voided Monmouth, personally I'm unsure if I could stomach football anymore if the EFL come to that decision even though I purchased my 2020/21 season-ticket in March.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2020 14:54]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024