Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where is the 350M a week that the NHS was promised if we left the EU ? 21:54 - Apr 3 with 5875 viewsladyjack

What have the Tories done with the 350M a week that the NHS was apparently going to have for us leaving the EU ?
Where is the 350M a week that the NHS was promised if we left the EU ? on 12:15 - Apr 6 with 654 viewsKerouac

"Total identifiable expenditure 15 Spending on public services in Wales has risen significantly since 199900. However, all of the growth happened in the first decade. Between 1999-00 and 2009-10 spending per head of population rose from £7,580 to £11,065 (Figure 4). That equates to an average rise of almost 4% a year. Since 2009-10, the period of austerity has seen spending per head fall to £10,587 in 2017-18. Had it risen in line with the previous 10 years, public spending in Wales would have been around 40% higher, at £15,000 per head in 2017-18. Since 1999-00, the pattern, where Northern Ireland has the highest amount of spending, followed by Scotland, Wales and then England, has continued."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Where is the 350M a week that the NHS was promised if we left the EU ? on 12:16 - Apr 6 with 653 viewsladyjack

Where is the 350M a week that the NHS was promised if we left the EU ? on 12:12 - Apr 6 by Kerouac

"The Welsh Government is responsible for prioritising how it spends the money it receives through the Barnett formula and other sources. There is no obligation on it to match spending in England, even though that is the basis for the Barnett formula. For example, although Wales gets £1.20 per head for every £1 for equivalent services in England there is no requirement that the Welsh Government will spend £1.20 per £1 on each devolved policy area. Our analysis shows that there is significant divergence between Wales and England. Spending on some devolved areas in Wales, notably health and education, has consistently been below the overall level of funding per head for devolved services in Wales relative to equivalent spending in England. Other areas, including economic development and culture and recreation have been consistently and significantly above."

Higher levels of need due to demographics, crumbs off the table, the UK state needs to direct resources to where it's needed.
Where is the 350M a week that the NHS was promised if we left the EU ? on 12:19 - Apr 6 with 647 viewsKerouac

"Figure 2: Key issues from our spending analysis

Health
While for most of the period covered spending on health has risen, the pace of growth in Wales has at times lagged the rest of the UK and spending per head fell below the UK average (but remained slightly higher than England) in 2013-14. Since 2015-16, Wales has increased spending per head more sharply than the other parts of the UK. The Welsh Government prefers to present figures on health and social care together. We provide further detail on social care spending, over the period 2013-14 to 2017-18 in paragraph

Education
Over the period of devolution, spending per head on education has broadly matched that of England. For the first decade it was slightly ahead. During the period of austerity, spending started to converge with England and fell below the UK average in 2010-11 and 2014-15 but was slightly higher in 2017-18.

Economic Development
Spending on economic development has consistently been much higher than in England, and for the early years of devolution was higher than anywhere else in the UK. While it remains significantly higher than in England it is now below the levels in Scotland and Northern Ireland.

Culture & Recreation
Spending on culture and recreation grew faster than most other parts of the UK until 2007-08. Over much of that period Wales vied with Northern Ireland for the highest spending per head of population. While expenditure has been below Scotland and Northern Ireland for the period since 2009-10, it remained significantly higher in Wales than in England."

Where is the 350M a week that the NHS was promised if we left the EU ? on 12:20 - Apr 6 with 646 viewsKerouac

Where is the 350M a week that the NHS was promised if we left the EU ? on 12:16 - Apr 6 by ladyjack

Higher levels of need due to demographics, crumbs off the table, the UK state needs to direct resources to where it's needed.

Wales spends more per head than England on other areas.
You plum.

Where is the 350M a week that the NHS was promised if we left the EU ? on 12:35 - Apr 6 with 628 viewsladyjack

Where is the 350M a week that the NHS was promised if we left the EU ? on 12:20 - Apr 6 by Kerouac

Wales spends more per head than England on other areas.
You plum.

Like culture for example, now now - now now I'm not saying the English have no culture but others might observe that like the French, lol.
If Wales was independent I would guess Wales would proportionally spend more on culture than England and England would spend proportionally more on defence, now now I'm not saying nobody likes England, lol, it's just that different countries spend different amounts on various sectors.
Where is the 350M a week that the NHS was promised if we left the EU ? on 12:50 - Apr 6 with 609 viewsGwyn737

Where is the 350M a week that the NHS was promised if we left the EU ? on 10:49 - Apr 6 by Kerouac

"1) Ring-fencing over time is a real terms cut. In it’s most basic form, looking at inflation through the period of austerity has resulted in around an 8% reduction in funding. I didn’t say funding was ‘cut’. "

Big picture.
We were spending 11% of our GDP more than we were raising. Our national debt was spiralling out of control (still rising of course, but at a much slower rate now).
...and you seem to be saying that we would have been better prepared for this crisis by continuing on that path.
Where are your examples of countries spiralling into debt in this way who improved their outcomes?

If you accept that a UK government had to do something about that situation instead of continuing to borrow and spend like nothing happened then what more could the government do for the NHS other than ring fence it?
Why did Welsh Labour choose not to ring fence it? Why on earth should anybody take their criticism of under funding of the Welsh NHS seriously therefore?

Reality check. The Labour government chose to bail out UK banks (the Scottish one being the worst example if memory serves), the World went into recession, and we are now a poorer country as a result.
At that election both major parties proposed a form of austerity (it was the ONLY option, don't delude yourselves and stop trying to delude others).
The Tories got the most votes by sounding tougher than Labour but the coalition government actually only made "Cuts" at the speed Alistair Darling had proposed...these "cuts" basically amounted to freezing spending in the main. Although there were cut backs they were not nearly as deep as is often made out.

The Welsh Assembly chose to make small cuts to every department across the board, there was no ringfencing of the NHS. The Welsh Assembly spends more money on art and culture than England, they could have made cuts there and protected Welsh NHS a bit better if they actually believed the rhetoric they spout.

"2) I am angry about both, but I live in England so in this instance my knowledge base is stronger in regard to Conservative rule."

...disingenuous and laughable.

"3) Other countries systems? I didn’t mention any of them and didn’t use them to support my argument so it’s a moot point."

Bullshit. Your entire argument is that we have been mis-ruled in this country and the austerity policy of the previous 10 years has left our NHS in no fit state to deal with this crisis.
The FACT that S. Korea spend less money in overall terms, less money as a percentage of their GDP, have not had austerity and spend less money on health per head of population...yet outperform us is entirely relevant.

"Impossible to put a figure on each but it has to be an amount for each profession to staff roles adequately. We’re seeing a little bit of this in education where resignation dates have become a bit like the football transfer window, particularly in STEM subjects. However, like other public service roles pay is set centrally. I’d like the piece of work done to ensure salaries are meet the need of vacancies. I’m aware this won’t fix everything but it would be a great start."

...this is the problem. It is so easy to gain popularity and votes by continually arguing everybody should be paid more, much more difficult to put a figure on it, because the moment you do I will do the maths and present to you what that would mean to us as a country....how much extra tax YOU would have to pay and start asking awkward questions like; "if it's fair that A are being paid this then why aren't B, C, D & E being paid this?"
and
"If everybody in A, B, C, D & E are being paid that is it fair that person Y who doesn't have much and is struggling, who is already earning far less than A,B,C,D & E, should have to pay more?"

A lot of people on the "left" need to f*cking grow up.

1) Austerity can take many forms. I believe that the NHS should have been prioritised and rather than ring fenced and should have hadfunds available to at least maintain service. Not doing this has caused more harm than good. The people of taken the hit have been the most vulnerable, including those needing mental health support and social care. You can argue that the ‘economies’ made here have ended up costing more.

2) No, it’s not. You have made assumptions about my political leanings. I don’t feel I know enough about devolution to comment on NHS Wales.

3) You’re very cross, aren’t you? I pointed out that it would have been impossible to be be fully prepared for this particular crises, but that a better funded service would have had more capacity in it.

4) I don’t want popularity. I want wages to be at a level to ensure public services are properly staffed. Normally this would be left to market forces but it doesn’t work when pay is set centrally.
Where is the 350M a week that the NHS was promised if we left the EU ? on 12:52 - Apr 6 with 602 viewsKerouac

Where is the 350M a week that the NHS was promised if we left the EU ? on 12:35 - Apr 6 by ladyjack

Like culture for example, now now - now now I'm not saying the English have no culture but others might observe that like the French, lol.
If Wales was independent I would guess Wales would proportionally spend more on culture than England and England would spend proportionally more on defence, now now I'm not saying nobody likes England, lol, it's just that different countries spend different amounts on various sectors.

Yes, England (governed by Tories) spends more on health and education than Wales.

Scotland, ran by people like you and subsidised by people like me, spends more on everything...if they ever got their independence (great idea that, isn't it Trampie) they would be more f*cked than Emanuelle (a bit of French "culture" for you there, you seem to like it).

If they ever wanted to join the EU the first thing they would have to do is slash public spending drastically.
Glad to help

Where is the 350M a week that the NHS was promised if we left the EU ? on 13:19 - Apr 6 with 580 viewsKerouac

Where is the 350M a week that the NHS was promised if we left the EU ? on 12:50 - Apr 6 by Gwyn737

1) Austerity can take many forms. I believe that the NHS should have been prioritised and rather than ring fenced and should have hadfunds available to at least maintain service. Not doing this has caused more harm than good. The people of taken the hit have been the most vulnerable, including those needing mental health support and social care. You can argue that the ‘economies’ made here have ended up costing more.

2) No, it’s not. You have made assumptions about my political leanings. I don’t feel I know enough about devolution to comment on NHS Wales.

3) You’re very cross, aren’t you? I pointed out that it would have been impossible to be be fully prepared for this particular crises, but that a better funded service would have had more capacity in it.

4) I don’t want popularity. I want wages to be at a level to ensure public services are properly staffed. Normally this would be left to market forces but it doesn’t work when pay is set centrally.

1) in order to increase spending on the NHS during austerity more cuts would have had to have been made elsewhere. Where would you have cut and by how much in order to fund exactly how much extra spending on the NHS?
You should take into account that the political parties of the left and every vacuous windbag from the entertainment business over the past 10 years have been anti every single cut made anywhere.

2) It's just that I haven't noticed you attacking Welsh Labour or Plaid, just noticed your anti-Austerity posts (being anti-austerity in 2010 was a bit like being King Canute). Financial crash downed our banks who were particularly exposed and hadn't done their job correctly, instead of letting them go bust or even choosing to save them with major strings attached, New Labour opted to bail them out no questions asked.
We are poorer as a result. Whomever governed us would have to make the same choice, to 'spread the pain out evenly over as long a span as was politically possible'.

3) No, I'm not cross, I'm irritated. I'm irritated by the political lies told to score points during this actual crisis (as opposed to the fictional, let's pretend, crisis of the past 10 years when all we have been asked to do is try to live within our means)...if more funds had been made available to the NHS pre-corona Virus, they wouldn't have been spent on ventilators or PPE etc., nor should they have been.

4) Public services are properly staffed. People are queuing out the door to work for the public sector. Why? because the public sector wages, terms and conditions and stability of employment compare favourably to the private sector.
This is market forces of a sort.
It is a distortion of market forces as the other market participants can only offer potential employees a deal based on profit (how productive are you).
The public sector thinks it has no such concerns (and it doesn't in the short term).
'We'll always have enough money to cover it ' (think the people in charge of the public sector), 'we'll get the government to tax and borrow more'...

...but the taxing and borrowing DEPENDS on a healthy private sector and long term a bloated public sector feeding off a struggling private sector = disaster

Login to get fewer ads

Where is the 350M a week that the NHS was promised if we left the EU ? on 13:41 - Apr 6 with 569 viewsGwyn737

Where is the 350M a week that the NHS was promised if we left the EU ? on 13:19 - Apr 6 by Kerouac

1) in order to increase spending on the NHS during austerity more cuts would have had to have been made elsewhere. Where would you have cut and by how much in order to fund exactly how much extra spending on the NHS?
You should take into account that the political parties of the left and every vacuous windbag from the entertainment business over the past 10 years have been anti every single cut made anywhere.

2) It's just that I haven't noticed you attacking Welsh Labour or Plaid, just noticed your anti-Austerity posts (being anti-austerity in 2010 was a bit like being King Canute). Financial crash downed our banks who were particularly exposed and hadn't done their job correctly, instead of letting them go bust or even choosing to save them with major strings attached, New Labour opted to bail them out no questions asked.
We are poorer as a result. Whomever governed us would have to make the same choice, to 'spread the pain out evenly over as long a span as was politically possible'.

3) No, I'm not cross, I'm irritated. I'm irritated by the political lies told to score points during this actual crisis (as opposed to the fictional, let's pretend, crisis of the past 10 years when all we have been asked to do is try to live within our means)...if more funds had been made available to the NHS pre-corona Virus, they wouldn't have been spent on ventilators or PPE etc., nor should they have been.

4) Public services are properly staffed. People are queuing out the door to work for the public sector. Why? because the public sector wages, terms and conditions and stability of employment compare favourably to the private sector.
This is market forces of a sort.
It is a distortion of market forces as the other market participants can only offer potential employees a deal based on profit (how productive are you).
The public sector thinks it has no such concerns (and it doesn't in the short term).
'We'll always have enough money to cover it ' (think the people in charge of the public sector), 'we'll get the government to tax and borrow more'...

...but the taxing and borrowing DEPENDS on a healthy private sector and long term a bloated public sector feeding off a struggling private sector = disaster

1) I would have like to have seen a more pragmatic approach to funding. I’m not against an increase in tax for higher earners or more creative income generation, for example means tested payment for GP appointments. Savings shouldn’t have to mean cuts, whether actual or real terms.

2) I’m pretty far away from being a nationalist - patriot, yes, nationalist, no. I currently see little benefit from independence.

3) I agree that we’ll never know whether the money would have been spent effectively, but that a different argument and ties to point 1.

4) Figures in the autumn showed 44,000 nursing vacancies. I’d have thought reliance on agency staff has been financially punitive and a strange time to remove training bursaries. Police numbers were reduced by 20,000 (although I appreciate this is being reverses to 2010 figures). Recruitment targets for teachers have been missed for years now - one of the reasons we have to see the ‘Become a teacher’ adverts every ad break.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2020 13:42]
Where is the 350M a week that the NHS was promised if we left the EU ? on 14:13 - Apr 6 with 554 viewsKerouac

Where is the 350M a week that the NHS was promised if we left the EU ? on 13:41 - Apr 6 by Gwyn737

1) I would have like to have seen a more pragmatic approach to funding. I’m not against an increase in tax for higher earners or more creative income generation, for example means tested payment for GP appointments. Savings shouldn’t have to mean cuts, whether actual or real terms.

2) I’m pretty far away from being a nationalist - patriot, yes, nationalist, no. I currently see little benefit from independence.

3) I agree that we’ll never know whether the money would have been spent effectively, but that a different argument and ties to point 1.

4) Figures in the autumn showed 44,000 nursing vacancies. I’d have thought reliance on agency staff has been financially punitive and a strange time to remove training bursaries. Police numbers were reduced by 20,000 (although I appreciate this is being reverses to 2010 figures). Recruitment targets for teachers have been missed for years now - one of the reasons we have to see the ‘Become a teacher’ adverts every ad break.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2020 13:42]

Your point 4 is rubbish Gwyn and you must know it, anyway, not going to convince you so I'm moving on..

Where is the 350M a week that the NHS was promised if we left the EU ? on 14:19 - Apr 6 with 545 viewsladyjack

Where is the 350M a week that the NHS was promised if we left the EU ? on 12:52 - Apr 6 by Kerouac

Yes, England (governed by Tories) spends more on health and education than Wales.

Scotland, ran by people like you and subsidised by people like me, spends more on everything...if they ever got their independence (great idea that, isn't it Trampie) they would be more f*cked than Emanuelle (a bit of French "culture" for you there, you seem to like it).

If they ever wanted to join the EU the first thing they would have to do is slash public spending drastically.
Glad to help

Wales spends more on health per person than England and as regards health that means the entire population.

Emmanuelle might have been a French effort but the actress that played the title role was Dutch.

Glad to help.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2020 17:05]
Where is the 350M a week that the NHS was promised if we left the EU ? on 14:22 - Apr 6 with 541 viewsKerouac

Carlo Calenda, a member of the European Parliament for the pro-Brussels Action party, speaking to 'The Financial Times'...

“This is an existential threat, I am not sure if we are going to make it,”
“You have to consider my party is one of the most pro-European parties in Italy and I now have members writing to me saying: ‘Why do we want to stay in the EU? It is useless.’”
“A massive, massive shift is happening in Italy,”
“You have thousands of pro-Europeans moving to this position.”

Italian president Sergio Mattarella last month sent a public warning shot to Brussels...

“I hope that everyone fully understands, before it is too late, the seriousness of the threat to Europe,” he said during a broadcast to the nation.

Lorenzo Pregliasco, a pollster at YouTrend, said:

“There was a feeling before that the political system has marginalised the anti-EU forces."
“Now if pro-European party activists and politicians are no longer so sure how they feel, imagine what the voters think.”

In an Italian survey, conducted by Tecne, 67 percent of respondents last month said they felt being part of the EU was a disadvantage to their country.

Where is the 350M a week that the NHS was promised if we left the EU ? on 14:24 - Apr 6 with 532 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Where is the 350M a week that the NHS was promised if we left the EU ? on 11:36 - Apr 6 by Kerouac

But they are not better prepared because they spend more money on it, is the point.

Of course they did, they invested in test kits, test stations, tracking, masks, isolation hospitals and ICU.
Where is the 350M a week that the NHS was promised if we left the EU ? on 14:35 - Apr 6 with 520 viewsKerouac

Where is the 350M a week that the NHS was promised if we left the EU ? on 14:19 - Apr 6 by ladyjack

Wales spends more on health per person than England and as regards health that means the entire population.

Emmanuelle might have been a French effort but the actress that played the title role was Dutch.

Glad to help.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2020 17:05]

Wales spends the same on health per person as England despite being allocated more money (20%) for health provision in the bloc grant.
As discussed, Welsh NHS' needs are greater (so we really do need to spend that extra 20% than England on the NHS...it is your assertion that the Welsh NHS is £500m short after all! ).

The Welsh Assembly has also chosen to make cuts in the budgets of Secondary education, this affects a whole generation and potentially (because it is not all about the money it is also about how it is spent, the policies enacted and the culture we create) means our new wave of adults joining the workforce is at a disadvantage to the English equivalent generation.

Welsh Labour does this because it chooses to spend more than £1.20 per head of population on other areas.
e.g. Culture and Recreation.

Where is the 350M a week that the NHS was promised if we left the EU ? on 14:41 - Apr 6 with 512 viewsGwyn737

Where is the 350M a week that the NHS was promised if we left the EU ? on 14:13 - Apr 6 by Kerouac

Your point 4 is rubbish Gwyn and you must know it, anyway, not going to convince you so I'm moving on..

Which bit is wrong? Genuinely curious as they’re all facts and not a matter of opinion. Nursing info is from the Royal College of Nursing, police numbers have been in the public domain since forever and education figures direct from the government.
Where is the 350M a week that the NHS was promised if we left the EU ? on 14:44 - Apr 6 with 506 viewsKerouac

Where is the 350M a week that the NHS was promised if we left the EU ? on 14:24 - Apr 6 by A_Fans_Dad

Of course they did, they invested in test kits, test stations, tracking, masks, isolation hospitals and ICU.

No, they had a head start in these areas because they have recently had to deal with other virus' such as SERS.

Just as when we have come through this we will be better prepared for the next virus...because we will have shit loads of ventilators and PPE and test kits and will have converted some infrastructure to the point where it could easily be turned into a field/isolation hospitals and testing stations at short notice in the future.

Before this crisis we wouldn't have spent the money time and effort on these things because that would have been a misallocation of resources for those times.

After this crisis we will be better prepared and have a head start on the next one.

S. Korea were able to track patients much better than anywhere else in the world because they had built a system with superior IT, which was refined further during SERS.
It had nothing to do with money.
They spend less than us on health.

The NHS is a sacred cow, it is not the best in the world. Other countries do lots of things better.

Where is the 350M a week that the NHS was promised if we left the EU ? on 14:54 - Apr 6 with 496 viewsladyjack

Where is the 350M a week that the NHS was promised if we left the EU ? on 14:35 - Apr 6 by Kerouac

Wales spends the same on health per person as England despite being allocated more money (20%) for health provision in the bloc grant.
As discussed, Welsh NHS' needs are greater (so we really do need to spend that extra 20% than England on the NHS...it is your assertion that the Welsh NHS is £500m short after all! ).

The Welsh Assembly has also chosen to make cuts in the budgets of Secondary education, this affects a whole generation and potentially (because it is not all about the money it is also about how it is spent, the policies enacted and the culture we create) means our new wave of adults joining the workforce is at a disadvantage to the English equivalent generation.

Welsh Labour does this because it chooses to spend more than £1.20 per head of population on other areas.

According to the House of Commons briefing paper entitled NHS Funding and Expenditure dated 17 Jan 2019:- Wales spends 2402 pounds per person for the 2018/9 season and England spends 2269 pounds per person for the same season.
Have you got any more up to date figures than that ?
Where is the 350M a week that the NHS was promised if we left the EU ? on 15:05 - Apr 6 with 477 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Where is the 350M a week that the NHS was promised if we left the EU ? on 14:44 - Apr 6 by Kerouac

No, they had a head start in these areas because they have recently had to deal with other virus' such as SERS.

Just as when we have come through this we will be better prepared for the next virus...because we will have shit loads of ventilators and PPE and test kits and will have converted some infrastructure to the point where it could easily be turned into a field/isolation hospitals and testing stations at short notice in the future.

Before this crisis we wouldn't have spent the money time and effort on these things because that would have been a misallocation of resources for those times.

After this crisis we will be better prepared and have a head start on the next one.

S. Korea were able to track patients much better than anywhere else in the world because they had built a system with superior IT, which was refined further during SERS.
It had nothing to do with money.
They spend less than us on health.

The NHS is a sacred cow, it is not the best in the world. Other countries do lots of things better.

No they would not" have been a misallocation of resources for those times" as they Government was warned 3 years ago that the country and the NHS was not prepared for a Pandemic and predicted exactly the results that we have seen.
They ignored the advice and here we are playing catch up.
Where is the 350M a week that the NHS was promised if we left the EU ? on 15:27 - Apr 6 with 450 viewsKerouac

Where is the 350M a week that the NHS was promised if we left the EU ? on 14:54 - Apr 6 by ladyjack

According to the House of Commons briefing paper entitled NHS Funding and Expenditure dated 17 Jan 2019:- Wales spends 2402 pounds per person for the 2018/9 season and England spends 2269 pounds per person for the same season.
Have you got any more up to date figures than that ?

Yes, the links I sent you were Wales Audit's forensic analysis of public finance in Wales and it was published recently.
Next.

Where is the 350M a week that the NHS was promised if we left the EU ? on 15:30 - Apr 6 with 443 viewsKerouac

Where is the 350M a week that the NHS was promised if we left the EU ? on 15:05 - Apr 6 by A_Fans_Dad

No they would not" have been a misallocation of resources for those times" as they Government was warned 3 years ago that the country and the NHS was not prepared for a Pandemic and predicted exactly the results that we have seen.
They ignored the advice and here we are playing catch up.

Well we are going to have to differ on this one because I feel I know that spending the amount of money required to prepare for a crisis like this would have been politically impossible...for ANY government.

Can you not imagine what the Labour party would have done with that over the past 2/3 years?

Where is the 350M a week that the NHS was promised if we left the EU ? on 16:37 - Apr 6 with 393 viewsladyjack

Where is the 350M a week that the NHS was promised if we left the EU ? on 15:27 - Apr 6 by Kerouac

Yes, the links I sent you were Wales Audit's forensic analysis of public finance in Wales and it was published recently.
Next.

It says that Wales spends more than England on health and education, the 3rd link you originally put up shows graphs and it shows Wales spending more per person on health and education than England, the health graph is on page 13 and the education graph is on page 14 the document is titled public spending trends in Wales 1999/00 to 2017/18 and the document is dated October 2019.
Where is the 350M a week that the NHS was promised if we left the EU ? on 16:49 - Apr 6 with 381 viewsKerouac

Where is the 350M a week that the NHS was promised if we left the EU ? on 16:37 - Apr 6 by ladyjack

It says that Wales spends more than England on health and education, the 3rd link you originally put up shows graphs and it shows Wales spending more per person on health and education than England, the health graph is on page 13 and the education graph is on page 14 the document is titled public spending trends in Wales 1999/00 to 2017/18 and the document is dated October 2019.

You know what Tramp, you DO know better on public sector spending in Wales than Wales Audit.
Well done.

Where is the 350M a week that the NHS was promised if we left the EU ? on 17:01 - Apr 6 with 371 viewsladyjack

Where is the 350M a week that the NHS was promised if we left the EU ? on 16:49 - Apr 6 by Kerouac

You know what Tramp, you DO know better on public sector spending in Wales than Wales Audit.
Well done.

Why lie Kerouac ?, you must have looked and known you was wrong after I said where I found my figures from, I guess you then would have checked my figures and looked at the Wales audit figures that you linked to earlier and you must have then seen that Wales spends more than England on both health and education yet you seem unable to say that you made a mistake.
I can't understand why you would lie about something like that, other people on this board can see the graphs for themselves, so why try and continue a lie, are you hoping no one else looks or something ?.
Where is the 350M a week that the NHS was promised if we left the EU ? on 17:01 - Apr 6 with 371 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Where is the 350M a week that the NHS was promised if we left the EU ? on 15:30 - Apr 6 by Kerouac

Well we are going to have to differ on this one because I feel I know that spending the amount of money required to prepare for a crisis like this would have been politically impossible...for ANY government.

Can you not imagine what the Labour party would have done with that over the past 2/3 years?

How much of it would £15Billion have bought do you think?
That is half the Foriegn Aid for the last 3 years.
How about another £9Billion a year over the last 3 years, that is the amount of subsidies paid to so called "renewable energy"?

You see it is all about priorities, preparing for the future and protecting NHS workers was not a priority until now.

I am sure that £42Billion would have helped quite a bit, how about you?
Where is the 350M a week that the NHS was promised if we left the EU ? on 17:04 - Apr 6 with 366 viewsCatullus

Where is the 350M a week that the NHS was promised if we left the EU ? on 14:35 - Apr 6 by Kerouac

Now I'm not 100% certain but I thought I'd read that the Welsh health and social care budget was 8% per person higher than England. Then there's this,

https://www.health.org.uk/news-and-comment/news/4.4bn-funding-gap-projected-for-

It states that England spends less on social care than us AND Scotland. People are queueing out the door to work in the NHS but not on the medical side and aren't more doctors and nurses are leaving the NHS every year than are joining? There is a massive wage bill that comes with covering staff shortages with agency staff who often get paid more than NHS staff.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024