Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time 23:15 - Apr 18 with 865 viewsCatullus

Time has become meaningless, I'm losing track of the days, time doesn't matter when you can't leave the house. Because we have managed to get a regular food delivery (and my wife was told to stay at home when I got my shielding letter) none of us need to go out except for random trips to the local corner shopr for bread and milk and then to walk the dog.
There is no schedule, no routine, no reason to worry about bedtime or getting up. Has anyone else fallen into just wandering through the day with the actual time meaning next to nothing?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Time on 23:16 - Apr 18 with 860 viewsGlastonbury

Yep. Nothing else matters
Time on 23:24 - Apr 18 with 847 viewsJack123

Same here, next time I have to go out is Wednesday, to pick up a click and collect.. Hate going out at the moment, spent this afternoon watching the 3 episodes of quiz, quite enjoyed it, at the end I got the feeling the major wasn't as guilty as made out.

Edit: To answer your question, yes ! all days are much the same, for me it's either drinking days or tv days, full day of tv, or full day drinking.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2020 23:28]

libera nos a malo

Time on 00:14 - Apr 19 with 795 viewsHighjack

Time has always been meaningless.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Time on 00:25 - Apr 19 with 782 viewsFieryJack

I once knew a bloke who found himself effectively locked down in Tehran during the Iranian Revolution in 1979. There were only 2 books in the house: the King James Bible & the Complete Works of Shakespeare. He read them both, cover to cover, for the duration - twice! - before he could get out of that place.

So, you useless, spoilt wasters, now you know what to do...stop drinking, stop watching garbage tv, order those 2 books, and get reading!
Time on 01:34 - Apr 19 with 756 viewsDJack

Time on 00:14 - Apr 19 by Highjack

Time has always been meaningless.

beat me to it... Planet Swans is awesome in that there is always someone who articulates what you feel/know and they are sometimes someone who seems the polar opposite of yourself. Cheers mate.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Time on 01:36 - Apr 19 with 755 viewsDJack

Time on 00:25 - Apr 19 by FieryJack

I once knew a bloke who found himself effectively locked down in Tehran during the Iranian Revolution in 1979. There were only 2 books in the house: the King James Bible & the Complete Works of Shakespeare. He read them both, cover to cover, for the duration - twice! - before he could get out of that place.

So, you useless, spoilt wasters, now you know what to do...stop drinking, stop watching garbage tv, order those 2 books, and get reading!

Either I'm going mad or I have read that somewhere else recently!?

Answers on a postcard... or a PM if required.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Time on 02:11 - Apr 19 with 739 viewsGlossolalia

Online quizzes, documentaries, sharpening my guitar knowledge and skills, daily exercise. I've run on 20 out of the last 22 days, and combining that with strength exercises too - pull ups, press ups and resistance band training. The key is to find something wholesome to do every day, at a set time. The time is arbitrary, yes, but it gives you a structure, however tenuous.

For me, hearty breakfast then upstairs for the strength training. Then an evening run in Cwrt Herbert. Find something like that, an hour of learning, doing something that's been put off for many reasons. It's the perfect time!
Time on 09:38 - Apr 19 with 614 viewsFieryJack

Time on 01:36 - Apr 19 by DJack

Either I'm going mad or I have read that somewhere else recently!?

Answers on a postcard... or a PM if required.

You're not going mad, mate.

I think I posted it myself about a week ago - almost word for word! 😳
Login to get fewer ads

Time on 10:30 - Apr 19 with 583 viewsdickythorpe

I've actually found I've had time to catch up on a few things I've let slip.
Reading, exercise, talking to loved ones.....it's very odd not having the same routine but may have helped me.
Time on 12:06 - Apr 19 with 542 viewsCatullus

Time on 10:30 - Apr 19 by dickythorpe

Reading, exercise, talking to loved ones.....it's very odd not having the same routine but may have helped me.

That's part of my problem I guess. The things I let slip I had no real choice in because of health problems. I can't exercise beyond a gentle stroll. If I do gardening I can only manage 10-15 mins before it's too painful, if I overdo it I can barely stand/walk up a few hours later.

I've been reading more but thats as and when, you don't need a routine to pick up a book/kindle. It hasn't helped me, my blood pressure is up!

What's worse still is the effect it's having on our son. He hasn't seen his friends in ages beyond communicating on Xbox, he's losing fitness, putting on weight despite us all cutting back (I am too) and his behaviour has changed, I can't quite put my finger on it but he's changed. Going stir crazy probably because I am. Maybe it's me that changed?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Time on 12:37 - Apr 19 with 525 viewsMrSwerve

Time on 10:30 - Apr 19 by dickythorpe

Yep. I actually feel that this lockdown has had a positive effect on me, mentally. Working from home has allowed me to de-stress, exercise and get a decent amount of sleep. Makes you realise how much those early starts and late finishes grinds you down over time. Being able to attend pointless meetings online while getting on with proper work with a nice fresh cup of tea at my desk at home is a plus. Don't miss the early morning traffic either.

Hopefully when all gets back to normal, employers will look closely at the way we've been able to work this year and try and amalgamate it into the normal working week. Obviously some things need to be done in person, though.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024