Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Labour started the privatisation of the NHS 14 years ago 11:41 - May 2 with 3784 viewspikeypaul

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2006/feb/16/health.politics

So i think its best the vile,hate filled,envious lefties kept quiet about throwing their predictions about.

Even the Guardian had to report it.

OUT

AFLI

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Labour started the privatisation of the NHS 14 years ago on 11:17 - May 4 with 961 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Labour started the privatisation of the NHS 14 years ago on 08:51 - May 4 by felixstowe_jack

NHS budgets have increased by more than inflation in every year under the conservatives.
How is that less investment?

You never fail to promote your anti British hatred.

It isn't.
But there is an apparent decrease in the rate of increase in investment.
ie the increases between 2010 and 2020 are are less than those between 2000 and 2010.
See
https://www.health.org.uk/sites/default/files/styles/full_width_image/public/201
Labour started the privatisation of the NHS 14 years ago on 13:54 - May 4 with 912 viewsCatullus

Labour started the privatisation of the NHS 14 years ago on 18:01 - May 3 by Best_loser

I'm not talking about the budget deficit, I'm talking about the national debt level

Your right, the Tories have maxed out the credit card

Quantitative easing too
[Post edited 3 May 2020 18:08]

Was it that 'bleedin obvious'?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Labour started the privatisation of the NHS 14 years ago on 18:09 - May 4 with 878 viewswaynekerr55

Labour started the privatisation of the NHS 14 years ago on 08:51 - May 4 by felixstowe_jack

NHS budgets have increased by more than inflation in every year under the conservatives.
How is that less investment?

You never fail to promote your anti British hatred.

Anti british hatred 🤣🤣🤣🤣

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Labour started the privatisation of the NHS 14 years ago on 10:35 - May 5 with 832 viewsCatullus

Labour started the privatisation of the NHS 14 years ago on 10:45 - May 4 by Best_loser

Yes he did, and he used the money in schools and hospitals

Even if he had sold that gold later at a higher price

It would have given us 15 billion

Think about how small a dent 15 billion would make on the gigantic tory government national debt of

2 trillion

It's not just Tory debt at all though, the debt has been built up over different governments tenures which includes Labour and any coalitions.

He sold it off dirt cheap and cost this country a fortune though, was there any sense in using a once off lump payment to spend on things that would need permanent funding? It was unsustainable.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Labour started the privatisation of the NHS 14 years ago on 11:01 - May 5 with 822 viewsBest_loser

Labour started the privatisation of the NHS 14 years ago on 10:35 - May 5 by Catullus

It's not just Tory debt at all though, the debt has been built up over different governments tenures which includes Labour and any coalitions.

He sold it off dirt cheap and cost this country a fortune though, was there any sense in using a once off lump payment to spend on things that would need permanent funding? It was unsustainable.

The amount of gold he sold was worth 3 billion

If he had sold it later for 15 billion, still not a huge amount

Labour sold some of the gold

The Tories sold ALL of the crown jewels

So if Thatcher had sold the crown jewels , all those companies we owned later, just think how much more money she could have raised, many multiples more than the difference in the gold Brown sold
Labour started the privatisation of the NHS 14 years ago on 13:47 - May 5 with 796 viewswaynekerr55

Labour started the privatisation of the NHS 14 years ago on 11:01 - May 5 by Best_loser

So if Thatcher had sold the crown jewels , all those companies we owned later, just think how much more money she could have raised, many multiples more than the difference in the gold Brown sold

I think the biggest mistake Thatcher made was not retaining a small shareholding in the companies privatised and also not setting up a sovereign wealth fund

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Labour started the privatisation of the NHS 14 years ago on 16:36 - May 5 with 775 viewsCatullus

Labour started the privatisation of the NHS 14 years ago on 11:01 - May 5 by Best_loser

Hang on, how many privatisations happened under Blair? How much PFI happened under Blair?
It wasn't just the Tories. We are still paying a massive PFI bill which we can't blame the Tories for.

1997-2008,

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2012/mar/29/short-history-of-privatisa

Labour started the privatisation of the NHS 14 years ago on 16:55 - May 5 with 767 viewsBest_loser

Labour started the privatisation of the NHS 14 years ago on 16:36 - May 5 by Catullus

Hang on, how many privatisations happened under Blair? How much PFI happened under Blair?
It wasn't just the Tories. We are still paying a massive PFI bill which we can't blame the Tories for.

1997-2008,

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2012/mar/29/short-history-of-privatisa

You said Brown cost the country a fortune selling 3 billion worth of gold

The tory debt is 2 trillion

Your just a tory apologist masquerading as a neutral as most Tories who infest internet forums do

Nothing personal 😃
Login to get fewer ads

Labour started the privatisation of the NHS 14 years ago on 15:55 - May 6 with 712 viewsCatullus

Labour started the privatisation of the NHS 14 years ago on 16:55 - May 5 by Best_loser

You said Brown cost the country a fortune selling 3 billion worth of gold

The tory debt is 2 trillion

Your just a tory apologist masquerading as a neutral as most Tories who infest internet forums do

Nothing personal 😃

Again, it's not all Tory debt, how much did Blair and Brown run up?

https://www.economicshelp.org/blog/7568/debt/government-debt-under-labour-1997-2

Then because of the massive deficit the debt was bound to rise, it's not apologising for the tories in any way to point out a truth.
In 1997 national debt was 352 billion yet in 2010 (Blair and Brown) that had risen to around 900 billion (with that record deficit) though of course there was the 2008 crash.
Lets look at another truth, Corbyn was promising a massive lend and spend spree, that would have seen national debt rocket again, but you'd be ok with that because it would be Labour? It's irrelevant now really but if Corbyn had won his government would have done pretty much the same (financially) as Bojo and Sunak have and you're only criticisng the debt because it's the tories.
Call me an apologist all you like but I am critical of almost all politicians and bearing in mind I make mistakes, the truth still matters.

Labour started the privatisation of the NHS 14 years ago on 16:09 - May 6 with 708 viewsBest_loser

Labour started the privatisation of the NHS 14 years ago on 15:55 - May 6 by Catullus

Again, it's not all Tory debt, how much did Blair and Brown run up?

https://www.economicshelp.org/blog/7568/debt/government-debt-under-labour-1997-2

Then because of the massive deficit the debt was bound to rise, it's not apologising for the tories in any way to point out a truth.
In 1997 national debt was 352 billion yet in 2010 (Blair and Brown) that had risen to around 900 billion (with that record deficit) though of course there was the 2008 crash.
Lets look at another truth, Corbyn was promising a massive lend and spend spree, that would have seen national debt rocket again, but you'd be ok with that because it would be Labour? It's irrelevant now really but if Corbyn had won his government would have done pretty much the same (financially) as Bojo and Sunak have and you're only criticisng the debt because it's the tories.
Call me an apologist all you like but I am critical of almost all politicians and bearing in mind I make mistakes, the truth still matters.

I never said all the debt was down to the Tories

I only call it the tory debt because they are in government and they own it at the moment

If labour win the next election I will call it the labour debt

Or would I 😋

I will take your word for it that your no toryboy
Labour started the privatisation of the NHS 14 years ago on 17:35 - May 6 with 690 viewslonglostjack

Labour started the privatisation of the NHS 14 years ago on 13:47 - May 5 by waynekerr55

I think the biggest mistake Thatcher made was not retaining a small shareholding in the companies privatised and also not setting up a sovereign wealth fund

This. All that North Sea oil money. What a waste.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Labour started the privatisation of the NHS 14 years ago on 19:12 - May 6 with 676 viewsCatullus

Labour started the privatisation of the NHS 14 years ago on 16:09 - May 6 by Best_loser

I never said all the debt was down to the Tories

I only call it the tory debt because they are in government and they own it at the moment

If labour win the next election I will call it the labour debt

Or would I 😋

I will take your word for it that your no toryboy

Oh you tease

Labour started the privatisation of the NHS 14 years ago on 20:54 - May 6 with 657 viewsDr_Winston

Labour started the privatisation of the NHS 14 years ago on 13:47 - May 5 by waynekerr55

Agree with that.

Some state ownership just for dividend purposes (not management. Christ, never management) wouldn't have been a bad thing.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Labour started the privatisation of the NHS 14 years ago on 22:17 - May 6 with 635 viewsJack_Meoff

'Mistake.'

Yeah, mistake. Turning in her grave about it still I'd guess. The satanically animated colostomy bag.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Labour started the privatisation of the NHS 14 years ago on 23:12 - May 6 with 616 viewsmajorraglan

PFI was introduced by John Major in 1992 and used extensively by Labour from 97 onwards.

The National Debt increased under Labour, who also had the Banking crisis to contend with,it has also increased under the current Government.

We need to have a mature conversation about what we want, what we are prepared to pay and what we can afford. I am happy to pay my share of tax and I expect most people feel the same way if their money is being spent wisely on decent public services. I don’t want my money being spent to support those who won’t work and who won’t contribute to society in return, nor do I want to see hardworking business people and take risks etc who pay their taxes going to the wall on account of multinational corporations who pay hardly any taxes in the UK.

To be honest, I am not sure if any of the political parties represent my views.
Labour started the privatisation of the NHS 14 years ago on 11:56 - May 7 with 575 viewsJack_Meoff

These bastards, mind. Then again, they were voted in so suck it up, people. Give an extra loud clap tonight, won't you?

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/may/04/uk-government-using-crisis-to-t

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Labour started the privatisation of the NHS 14 years ago on 14:57 - May 7 with 550 viewsCatullus

Labour started the privatisation of the NHS 14 years ago on 23:12 - May 6 by majorraglan

PFI was introduced by John Major in 1992 and used extensively by Labour from 97 onwards.

The National Debt increased under Labour, who also had the Banking crisis to contend with,it has also increased under the current Government.

We need to have a mature conversation about what we want, what we are prepared to pay and what we can afford. I am happy to pay my share of tax and I expect most people feel the same way if their money is being spent wisely on decent public services. I don’t want my money being spent to support those who won’t work and who won’t contribute to society in return, nor do I want to see hardworking business people and take risks etc who pay their taxes going to the wall on account of multinational corporations who pay hardly any taxes in the UK.

To be honest, I am not sure if any of the political parties represent my views.

You might not be sure but I am, none of them represent my views. They (the big 3) represent my views (to a certain extent) but none of them represent my views enough for me to vote for them.

I am neither left nor right but floating around in the middle with views that would be considered both left AND right. I am a LabouraTory, it's an experimental opinion!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024