Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly 18:04 - May 18 with 96149 viewskrunchykarrot

The time has come, second rate at best.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 17:12 - Jan 12 with 1321 viewsjohnlangy

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 16:55 - Jan 12 by felixstowe_jack

You have the option to replace them every 5 years.

We in Wales have no choice in the matter (replacing the Westminster Government). That is decided in the 540 or so English constituencies. Our 40 (soon to be 32) have virtually no effect.

When Scotland becomes Independent Wales will be governed by the Tories forever. Whether we like it or not.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 17:19 - Jan 12 with 1300 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 19:47 - Jan 11 by felixstowe_jack

Vacination rates so far as of 11 January 2021
NI first dose 4.13% second dose 0.74%
England first dose 3.48% second dose 0.67%
Scotland first does 2.99% second dose no figures
Wales first dose 2.73% second dose .0025%

As Drakeford and Gething said it is not a race .

Well done NI.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2021 19:50]

Vaccination rate 12 January 2021

NI 4.45%
England 3.70%
Scotland 3.22%
Wales 2.90 %

Vaccine administered in last 24 hours
England 121,129
Scotland 12,565
NI 6,148
Wales 5,200

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 17:29 - Jan 12 with 1304 viewsBoundy

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 17:19 - Jan 12 by felixstowe_jack

Vaccination rate 12 January 2021

NI 4.45%
England 3.70%
Scotland 3.22%
Wales 2.90 %

Vaccine administered in last 24 hours
England 121,129
Scotland 12,565
NI 6,148
Wales 5,200

I still cannot work why the differences between countries .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 17:52 - Jan 12 with 1296 viewsKilkennyjack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 11:06 - Jan 12 by Catullus

The Senedd has done worse than Westminster, we should scrap the worst performing section. Or rather, we should have a vote and see what the people want.

Dim diolch.

Beware of the Risen People

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 17:53 - Jan 12 with 1296 viewsKilkennyjack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 00:45 - Jan 12 by Chief

The whole premise of this thread is strange.

The British government has underperformed in many areas over the years - should Westminster be scrapped?
[Post edited 12 Jan 2021 1:28]

Correct - and yes it should.

Beware of the Risen People

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 18:01 - Jan 12 with 1293 viewsScotia

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 17:29 - Jan 12 by Boundy

I still cannot work why the differences between countries .

I'd love to see the justification for vaccinating 1000 less people than Northern Ireland.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 18:13 - Jan 12 with 1269 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 17:53 - Jan 12 by Kilkennyjack

Correct - and yes it should.

You can vote it out every 5 years if you want to. It is called democracy. Even you in your wildest fantasy does not believe 50.1% of the UK would vote to abolish the UK government. While in Wales it is a distinct possibility that the people of Wales would vote to abolish the Welsh Assembly.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 18:23 - Jan 12 with 1274 viewsDr_Winston

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/health/coronavirus-vaccine-cardiff-wales-late

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 19:02 - Jan 12 with 1244 viewsBoundy

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 18:23 - Jan 12 by Dr_Winston

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/health/coronavirus-vaccine-cardiff-wales-late

So its not just us plebs who think it's a shambles .

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 19:12 - Jan 12 with 1237 viewsDr_Winston

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 19:02 - Jan 12 by Boundy

It's becoming increasingly difficult to fathom how anyone can possibly believe otherwise.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 19:22 - Jan 12 with 1233 viewsWingstandwood

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 18:23 - Jan 12 by Dr_Winston

Quote: "We have been told that we can order our supply on January 25.

"That is the date that we've been given with no justification.

"By the time that arrives and you get started it will be February. Time is of the essence."

That politician who said it wasn't a race a few days back, would not last a week in a strict-deadline, profit and loss, penalty clause "on the double" business. Wasn't a race, hey?

That's the problem i.e. a lot of them in Cardiff Government are way too used to a lackadaisical comfort-zone parallel universe...... He and others are a lost cause, just way too indoctrinated with cloud-cuckoo-land thinking/standards and don't know any different.

Blame shifting, procrastination and lack of: accountability, ambition, common sense is the norm. And to think they want to increase their numbers wanting more of their sort to join em in Cardiff Bay. Bunch of yokels!
[Post edited 12 Jan 2021 19:24]

Argus!

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 22:08 - Jan 12 with 1154 viewsCatullus

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 18:13 - Jan 12 by felixstowe_jack

You can vote it out every 5 years if you want to. It is called democracy. Even you in your wildest fantasy does not believe 50.1% of the UK would vote to abolish the UK government. While in Wales it is a distinct possibility that the people of Wales would vote to abolish the Welsh Assembly.

Yep and as his 2 posts above display, he wouldn't let Wales have a vote on the Senedd but he'd ditch Westminster without a democratic mandate.

Looking at the WOL comments, there seems to be a lot more dissent with the Senedd. A lot of people have noticed how rubbish they are. A recent poll apparently shows most people are happy with how the Senedd has handled the pandemic but I've not seen the results or the question. Does anyone have a link, know where I can find it?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 22:37 - Jan 12 with 1127 viewsexhmrc1

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 22:08 - Jan 12 by Catullus

Yep and as his 2 posts above display, he wouldn't let Wales have a vote on the Senedd but he'd ditch Westminster without a democratic mandate.

Looking at the WOL comments, there seems to be a lot more dissent with the Senedd. A lot of people have noticed how rubbish they are. A recent poll apparently shows most people are happy with how the Senedd has handled the pandemic but I've not seen the results or the question. Does anyone have a link, know where I can find it?

even with the drop his support is far higher than Johnson.
https://www.itv.com/news/wales/2020-12-15/poll-shows-sharp-drop-in-support-for-m
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 22:47 - Jan 12 with 1118 viewsCatullus

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 19:02 - Jan 12 by Boundy

Go read the comments too. Calling it a shambles is tame for some of them. If that is representative across Wales then Kilky and the indynats are in for a shock come the elections.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 07:21 - Jan 13 with 1093 viewsScotia

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 22:47 - Jan 12 by Catullus

Go read the comments too. Calling it a shambles is tame for some of them. If that is representative across Wales then Kilky and the indynats are in for a shock come the elections.

As someone who desperately wants change at the next Senedd elections and will absolutely not vote Labour with either of my votes, what is my alternative?

Plaid gives us an independence referendum.

The Tories give us Andrew R(ight) T(wat) Davies.

The best the Lib Dems can offer is Kirsty Williams.

It's going to be another Labour led coalition, Drakeford for another couple of years at least, followed by Gething and more of the same for another four years.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 08:50 - Jan 13 with 1068 viewsDr_Winston

All NHS workers are equal, but some are more equal than others...

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/vaccine-coronavirus-hywel-dda-staf

Actually the real story here isn't that non-patient facing staff were offered jabs to stop them being wasted, it's that any jabs were in a position to be wasted in the first place.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 09:27 - Jan 13 with 1048 viewsfelixstowe_jack

According to the WHO stats belgium has the highest death rate per million in the World. The Uk is 7th in the list. If the figures for Wales were included Wales would be SECOND WORST in the World.

Why are the Welsh government hoarding vaccines? Why have they got the worst vaccination rates of the four nations in the UK? Why have they also got the worse second dose vaccination rates of the four nations? Why have only 89 people in WALES only had a second dose of vaccine?

In the UK 412,167 people have had two doses.

Answers please dithering Drakeford and Vaughan guessing.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 09:53 - Jan 13 with 1034 viewspencoedjack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 07:21 - Jan 13 by Scotia

As someone who desperately wants change at the next Senedd elections and will absolutely not vote Labour with either of my votes, what is my alternative?

It's going to be another Labour led coalition, Drakeford for another couple of years at least, followed by Gething and more of the same for another four years.

Depressing but unfortunately true.

If Plaid moved away from wanting independence they would get my vote.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 10:31 - Jan 13 with 1026 viewsWhiterockin

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 09:53 - Jan 13 by pencoedjack

Depressing but unfortunately true.

If Plaid moved away from wanting independence they would get my vote.

And mine.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 11:08 - Jan 13 with 1001 viewsBoundy

Plaid are supporting Labour so to vote for them just gives helps the current statu quo .
We really are desperate for a change but with so few other options perhaps WNP or YesCymru maybe worth a try if only for the craic

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 11:33 - Jan 13 with 988 viewsBoundy

BOGOF

Asda to become first supermarket to offer Covid-19 vaccinations
HEALTH
CORONAVIRUS
ASDA
Wednesday 13 January 2021, 10:34am

Asda said it would be offering vaccinations from one of its stores in Birmingham.
Credit: PA
Asda is set to become the first supermarket to offer in-store Covid-19 vaccinations which will offer 250 jabs a day, seven days a week.

The supermarket said it was chosen by NHS England to operate a vaccination centre from one of its in-store pharmacies in Birmingham and will be administered by qualified Asda staff.

Asda will transform George clothing section into a vaccination centre which will operate all week from 8am to 8pm.

Roger Burnley, Asda CEO and President, said: “We are incredibly proud to provide this service and are keen to do all we can to help the NHS and Government accelerate the rollout of the vaccination programme."

They have been approved to offer the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine, which is the most difficult to store of the three jabs currently approved in the UK.

Which supermarkets are enforcing mask-wearing in-store?
The vaccine will be delivered by trained Asda staff.
The vaccine will be delivered by trained Asda staff.
Credit: PA
The Pfzier/BioNTech jab needs to be stored at -70C, which is far colder than a usual freezer and it begins to breakdown quickly when at room temperatures.

Asda said people will receive their jab appointment via the NHS and will have the option to go to their store if its convenient, they asked people not to contact their vaccination centres directly.

Asda has said it is working with NHS England to assess which other sites could be used as vaccination centres and would support the use of the easier to store Oxford/AstraZeneca all of its 238 in-store pharmacies.

Mr Burnley wrote to Asda’s customers this morning to update on what Asda is doing in the fight against Covid-19. In an email, he wrote: “It’s crucial that we all play our part, support one another, and help take the pressure off the NHS.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 12:21 - Jan 13 with 973 viewsCatullus

Maybe it's time for that protest vote then,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-55594350

It'd certainly give the status quo a shake up.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 12:43 - Jan 13 with 968 viewsCatullus

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 22:37 - Jan 12 by exhmrc1

even with the drop his support is far higher than Johnson.
https://www.itv.com/news/wales/2020-12-15/poll-shows-sharp-drop-in-support-for-m

Yeah well lets see how those ratings go.

As is pointed out, Wales figures are only beaten by Belgium. How bad does it have to be before we're allowed to criticise Drakeford, do we actually have to have the worst death rate in Europe?

The EU has been criticised for being slow with the vaccines, how do we compare to them?

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 13:23 - Jan 13 with 957 viewsexhmrc1

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 12:43 - Jan 13 by Catullus

Yeah well lets see how those ratings go.

As is pointed out, Wales figures are only beaten by Belgium. How bad does it have to be before we're allowed to criticise Drakeford, do we actually have to have the worst death rate in Europe?

The EU has been criticised for being slow with the vaccines, how do we compare to them?

The evidence shows Wales has a lower death rate than England and it is likely to widen in coming weeks as Wales is a couple of weeks ahead in terms of lockdown. Figures released yesterday shows England 129.1 deaths per 100,000 population and Wales 126.8.

This is based on the total number of deaths since the start of the pandemic of people who had had a positive test result for COVID-19 and died within 28 days of the first positive test.

I dont know how we compare with the EU but it seems there has been ore problems there than the UK.

Did you see the press conference today. 2/3 of care home staff and 1/3 care home residents have already been vaccinated and this basically started last week.

The evidence as of last Sunday showed that the local health board as well as those near us had actually vaccinated a higher proportion of patients than England.

The reality is when the next batch of astra zeneca vaccinations is received this week the vast majority will go to surgeries to give to over 80s. In fact, within 3 weeks most if not all over 80s, care home residents and carers and NHS workers will be vaccinated.

The difference between Wales and England is that Wales has chosen not to drag over 80s to be given the pfizer vaccine but have been intending given them them the AZ jab i their local surgery or at home. The pfizer jab has been given to people who can more easily get to the centres.

Would you for example prefer to see over 80s go to say Margam Orangery from Glynneath or be vaccinated a short while later in Glynneath. I have 9 people over 80 that I can think of on my street that dont have transport or have severe difficulties travelling. If they stay home and shield then they are highly unlikely to catch it.

They will have it in within a couple of weeks in their local surgery. Some surgeries have already started giving it but it will take a couple of weeks to give to everyone. Going from here to either of the centres will involve at least 2 buses each way and a fair walk as well. Margam would involve 3 or 4.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 13:40 - Jan 13 with 942 viewsScotia

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 13:23 - Jan 13 by exhmrc1

The evidence shows Wales has a lower death rate than England and it is likely to widen in coming weeks as Wales is a couple of weeks ahead in terms of lockdown. Figures released yesterday shows England 129.1 deaths per 100,000 population and Wales 126.8.

This is based on the total number of deaths since the start of the pandemic of people who had had a positive test result for COVID-19 and died within 28 days of the first positive test.

I dont know how we compare with the EU but it seems there has been ore problems there than the UK.

Did you see the press conference today. 2/3 of care home staff and 1/3 care home residents have already been vaccinated and this basically started last week.

The evidence as of last Sunday showed that the local health board as well as those near us had actually vaccinated a higher proportion of patients than England.

The reality is when the next batch of astra zeneca vaccinations is received this week the vast majority will go to surgeries to give to over 80s. In fact, within 3 weeks most if not all over 80s, care home residents and carers and NHS workers will be vaccinated.

The difference between Wales and England is that Wales has chosen not to drag over 80s to be given the pfizer vaccine but have been intending given them them the AZ jab i their local surgery or at home. The pfizer jab has been given to people who can more easily get to the centres.

Would you for example prefer to see over 80s go to say Margam Orangery from Glynneath or be vaccinated a short while later in Glynneath. I have 9 people over 80 that I can think of on my street that dont have transport or have severe difficulties travelling. If they stay home and shield then they are highly unlikely to catch it.

They will have it in within a couple of weeks in their local surgery. Some surgeries have already started giving it but it will take a couple of weeks to give to everyone. Going from here to either of the centres will involve at least 2 buses each way and a fair walk as well. Margam would involve 3 or 4.

Deaths with Covid on the death certificate:-

From the official stats website.

Rate per 100,000 population
Wales 156.8
Scotland 122.4
Northern Ireland 96.6
England 134.6

This isn't evidence - it is fact.

2/3 is equivalent of 66% - Scotland have vaccinated 80% of care home residents, and Norther Ireland over 90%. That isn't good enough. (Edit - sorry it's 33% of care home residents in Wales. That is diabolical)

Have you thought that many over 80 year old's would be happy to be "dragged" to get a vaccine? In fact do you even think they would have to be dragged? Many would be happy to pay for a chauffeur driven limousine to take them if needed. The thought that they are incapable of deciding for themselves whether they would rather travel to get a vaccine or wait is incredibly patronising.

It seems to me that you have an incredibly narrow view of the world.

Waiting longer than they have to could cost them their lives. They do not need to wait as long as they are being made to by the Welsh Government.

Stop trying to defend the indefensible.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2021 13:48]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024