Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly 18:04 - May 18 with 96059 viewskrunchykarrot

The time has come, second rate at best.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 14:28 - Jan 18 with 1097 viewsWhiterockin

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 14:20 - Jan 18 by exhmrc1

The reality is that in excess of 100000 pfizer jabs have already been given and with more centres coming on board this will quicken up. We have now given nearly all our care home residents the vaccine without having to drag them to centres. 20% of over 80s have been given. Based on supply of AZ being available over 60% will be given by the end of the week with the remainder given next week. That is assuming there is 100% take up which based on the flu vaccine is unlikely. The remaining care and social workers who are more able to get there will get theirs from centres this week and possibly next. All or very nearly all the top 2 categories will be vaccinated by next week. Some wont accept it and some might not be able to be given it for medical reasons but the vast majority of top 2 groups will be given the vaccine by week Saturday. It might well be that some of the over 75s will have been given as well.

The reality is that if all vaccines are used by the end of the month and there has been equal supply by 31 Jan all UK countries will be at the same level.

No country has given vaccines in the way you and others want. It isnt possible anywhere for staffing reasons. England has millions of pfizer doses in freezers because they are the largest country. Nobody is going to be able to go faster than supply. It does rely on equitable amounts being given and this week one of the Welsh supplies has not been forthcoming.

Work on percentages we are behind.

We have 200,000 vaccinations waiting to be used and while we wait people die. Welsh ministers giving different answers and the vaccination program in wales being questioned by the BMA. Total shambles. Never mind everything is fine in taxman's world because the Senedd is above reproach. For once just say things are not good.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 14:47 - Jan 18 with 1059 viewsexhmrc1

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 14:28 - Jan 18 by Whiterockin

Work on percentages we are behind.

We have 200,000 vaccinations waiting to be used and while we wait people die. Welsh ministers giving different answers and the vaccination program in wales being questioned by the BMA. Total shambles. Never mind everything is fine in taxman's world because the Senedd is above reproach. For once just say things are not good.

As you seem to think your UK government is so good perhaps you would like to tell everyone why 26000 vaccinations that it was meant to supply to Wales this week isnt now coming here. This is making the difference between 60 and 75% of over 80s being vaccinated this week. Your Johnson government is at fault for failing to deliver this.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 14:51 - Jan 18 with 1045 viewsDr_Winston

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 14:47 - Jan 18 by exhmrc1

As you seem to think your UK government is so good perhaps you would like to tell everyone why 26000 vaccinations that it was meant to supply to Wales this week isnt now coming here. This is making the difference between 60 and 75% of over 80s being vaccinated this week. Your Johnson government is at fault for failing to deliver this.

Assuming that's true, it can only be because if they send them to Wales they'll only be stuck in the f*cking freezer for another couple of months, if there's even capacity.

Might as well send them somewhere they'll be used.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 14:52 - Jan 18 with 1040 viewsVincent_Vega

Not following it closely but I'd hazard a guess that if the Welsh NHS/WAG cannot distribute the vaccine quick enough then there's no point in giving them more vaccines until they use the ones they've got. those 26k doses can be used immediately elsewhere in the UK. Contrary to Chairman Drake and his band of merry men it IS a race, very much a race and its about time they put their skates on!

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 15:00 - Jan 18 with 1033 viewsWhiterockin

I am not backing Westminster, Johnson has dithered and made major error of judgments, but this thread is not about the UK government, it is about the Senedd being ineffective. Power has been devolved to Wales in certain areas and Wales is ineffective and falling behind the other home nations in some of these areas. That is the fact of the matter. Do I want Wales to be a shining light, of course I do but we are not, Drakford has messed up big time. Do I think the conservatives could have done better, who knows, possibly not but we would not have the bickering between the major political parties in the UK. Currently the Senedd are not doing well for Wales.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 15:05 - Jan 18 with 1018 viewsexhmrc1

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 14:51 - Jan 18 by Dr_Winston

Assuming that's true, it can only be because if they send them to Wales they'll only be stuck in the f*cking freezer for another couple of months, if there's even capacity.

Might as well send them somewhere they'll be used.

Absolute rubbish. These were the AZ vaccine which Wales was using for over 80s and 95% of the AZ vaccine received has already been used. Hardly the fault of WG.

Meanwhile, the planned supply of the Oxford-AstraZeneca jab in Wales has been reduced.

The Welsh Government has said one Oxford-AstraZeneca batch out of four had been delayed, affecting 26,000 doses due to be sent to Wales' seven health boards.

Wales was expected to receive 100,000 doses of the second vaccine this week but about a quarter are delayed after failing the regulator's tests.

Speaking on Monday, First Minister Mark Drakeford told Sky: "We were due to get four batches of the Oxford vaccine into Wales this week. One of those batches has not come through the testing process but we will get it next week, we have been told instead
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 15:05 - Jan 18 with 1018 viewsWhiterockin

Because the fridges/freezers are full.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 15:08 - Jan 18 with 1002 viewsexhmrc1

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 15:05 - Jan 18 by Whiterockin

Because the fridges/freezers are full.

See my previous post this was AZ vaccine of which 95% has been given. It will make the WG look bad but isnt their fault.
Login to get fewer ads

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 15:17 - Jan 18 with 981 viewsWhiterockin

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 15:08 - Jan 18 by exhmrc1

See my previous post this was AZ vaccine of which 95% has been given. It will make the WG look bad but isnt their fault.

So we already have 200,000 doses in stock and another 75,000 coming this week. No wonder serious questions were asked at todays briefing and by the BMA or do you know better.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 15:22 - Jan 18 with 967 viewsDr_Winston

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 15:17 - Jan 18 by Whiterockin

So we already have 200,000 doses in stock and another 75,000 coming this week. No wonder serious questions were asked at todays briefing and by the BMA or do you know better.

Takes some doing to gripe about doses being redirected when you're already sitting on a couple of hundred thousand going unused.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 15:23 - Jan 18 with 966 viewsScotia

They failed the MHRA QC checks - the fault of neither government.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 15:28 - Jan 18 with 963 viewsScotia

Well I'm vaccinated, and very grateful too.

I must say the field hospital set up at Bay Studios is impressive and well organised once you get there. Luckily I know the area as it isn't very well signposted.

The mad thing is I received the Pfizer vaccine, now if they have the capability to use that at field hospitals and why on earth have we got a stockpile in the freezer?
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 15:33 - Jan 18 with 952 viewsScotia

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 13:07 - Jan 18 by exhmrc1

People like you would no doubt be criticising the Welsh Government of wasting public funds if they had vaccinators just hanging around doing nothing. Why have the English, Scottish and Northern Irish governments not used all the pfizer vaccine in their countries. Nobody anywhere would be able to give 100s of thousands or multiple millions in a day. It will take time wherever you are and will be worked through as a programme just like the flu vaccinations are given between September and December.

I would love the Welsh Government to employ vaccinators who can outstrip supply. There would be no complaints from me.

The other countries have proportionality less in the freezer than us and that is the point. It will take time, but it is time we haven't got and it is taking Wales more time than the other nations.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 15:34 - Jan 18 with 952 viewsWhiterockin

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 15:28 - Jan 18 by Scotia

I must say the field hospital set up at Bay Studios is impressive and well organised once you get there. Luckily I know the area as it isn't very well signposted.

The mad thing is I received the Pfizer vaccine, now if they have the capability to use that at field hospitals and why on earth have we got a stockpile in the freezer?

Really glad you have had the vaccination, hopefully the rollout will improve from here.

As for your question, I am sure the taxman will have a made up answer or a statistical opinion.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 15:36 - Jan 18 with 938 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 14:20 - Jan 18 by exhmrc1

The reality is that in excess of 100000 pfizer jabs have already been given and with more centres coming on board this will quicken up. We have now given nearly all our care home residents the vaccine without having to drag them to centres. 20% of over 80s have been given. Based on supply of AZ being available over 60% will be given by the end of the week with the remainder given next week. That is assuming there is 100% take up which based on the flu vaccine is unlikely. The remaining care and social workers who are more able to get there will get theirs from centres this week and possibly next. All or very nearly all the top 2 categories will be vaccinated by next week. Some wont accept it and some might not be able to be given it for medical reasons but the vast majority of top 2 groups will be given the vaccine by week Saturday. It might well be that some of the over 75s will have been given as well.

The reality is that if all vaccines are used by the end of the month and there has been equal supply by 31 Jan all UK countries will be at the same level.

No country has given vaccines in the way you and others want. It isnt possible anywhere for staffing reasons. England has millions of pfizer doses in freezers because they are the largest country. Nobody is going to be able to go faster than supply. It does rely on equitable amounts being given and this week one of the Welsh supplies has not been forthcoming.

Wales has had the exact same number of supplies in proportion to their population as the rest of the UK. What is indisputable is that the Welsh vaccination is 60% of Ni and 72% of England. Wales also has the highest percentage on unused vaccines of any of the UK countries.

Wales has also only given 201 people their second dose out of a UK total 460,000. While Drakeford dithers lives will be lost, there are no excuses. The drug companies won the race to produce vaccines now Drakeford is losing the race to save lives.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 15:37 - Jan 18 with 929 viewspencoedjack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 15:22 - Jan 18 by Dr_Winston

Takes some doing to gripe about doses being redirected when you're already sitting on a couple of hundred thousand going unused.

You couldn't make it up.

As I suggested last week whilst we are sitting on unused vaccine any new supplies should be redirected to other countries in the UK who are vaccinating quicker.

Better to save somebody in NI whilst dithering Drakeford fails to get the roll out moving quickly enough, stopping businesses from starting up & allowing the venerable to get out.

Obviously the poster who writes very long posts repeating himself all the time will disagree.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 17:17 - Jan 18 with 866 viewsexhmrc1

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 15:28 - Jan 18 by Scotia

They have been giving them in the field hospitals for weeks. A decision was made that all pfizer jabs would be given in field hospitals and that AZ would be given in surgeries. All the NHS staff and carers have been given the pfizer jabs. The care home residents and over 80s are being given the AZ jab. This was done because of problems transporting the Pfizer jab. This has been known for a month. It is not known. We have had 40000 of the AZ jabs nearly all of which have been administered. They are working through the pfizer jabs in the centre and may well be administered to younger patients when the care categories are completed. The over 80s will get their jabs in their surgeries or at home. This was done to make life easier for them. Nearly all the over 80s and I know wouldnt want to travel to a centre when they could have the vaccination locally. As far as the Pfizer jab is concerned there. In excess of 100,000 pfizer jabs have been given and the rest are being worked through over the next couple of weeks.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 17:17 - Jan 18 with 864 viewsexhmrc1

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 15:34 - Jan 18 by Whiterockin

Really glad you have had the vaccination, hopefully the rollout will improve from here.

As for your question, I am sure the taxman will have a made up answer or a statistical opinion.

Answer given.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 17:23 - Jan 18 with 853 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Today's figures

First does %
Ni 7.44%
England 6.25%
Scotland 4.85%
Wakes 4.82%

Last week wales was 0.8% behind England today it is 1.15% . Wales has fallen even further behind.

2nd doses
England 427,386
Ni 21,016
Scotland 3698
Wales 201.

At least Wales will not run out of vaccine first thanks to dithering Drakeford.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2021 18:24]

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 17:24 - Jan 18 with 856 viewsFlashberryjack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 15:33 - Jan 18 by Scotia

I would love the Welsh Government to employ vaccinators who can outstrip supply. There would be no complaints from me.

The other countries have proportionality less in the freezer than us and that is the point. It will take time, but it is time we haven't got and it is taking Wales more time than the other nations.

It's neither a sprint or a race, so the great man said.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 17:26 - Jan 18 with 854 viewsScotia

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 17:17 - Jan 18 by exhmrc1

Answer given.

The question was why have we got 200,000 in the freezer if they can be used at field hospitals?

Surely medics could be having a second dose or more people vaccinated at the field hospital.

If the over 80's won't travel (and they should be asked if they want to) and are waiting for the AZ jab then they should work through the other categories.

There is no excuse for this not to happen. Drakeford is putting peoples lives in danger so vaccinators aren't standing around with nothing to do. An absolute farce.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 17:46 - Jan 18 with 842 viewsDr_Winston

I can't wait to see the photos of bored vaccinators giving it the thumbs up because they've got no work to do. That would be progress.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 17:58 - Jan 18 with 827 viewsVincent_Vega

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 17:46 - Jan 18 by Dr_Winston

I can't wait to see the photos of bored vaccinators giving it the thumbs up because they've got no work to do. That would be progress.

Oh I can picture the social media choreography now.

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 18:17 - Jan 18 with 803 viewsexhmrc1

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 17:26 - Jan 18 by Scotia

The question was why have we got 200,000 in the freezer if they can be used at field hospitals?

Surely medics could be having a second dose or more people vaccinated at the field hospital.

If the over 80's won't travel (and they should be asked if they want to) and are waiting for the AZ jab then they should work through the other categories.

There is no excuse for this not to happen. Drakeford is putting peoples lives in danger so vaccinators aren't standing around with nothing to do. An absolute farce.

They are working through it that should be fairly obvious considering you had a vaccination today. They will work through as quickly as they can given the staffing they have. Nearly all care home residents have been vaccinated. Nearly all front line NHS staff have been vaccinated. Loads of care and social staff are currently being vaccinated. The over 80s are currently being vaccinated close to their homes using the AZ vaccine.

When the social and care staff have been vaccinated over 75s will be vaccinated followed by over 70s and shielders. It is not rocket science and having been there you should realise this. I dont how far they have gone through carer and social staff but suspect they will be completed sometime this or next week. At that stage the process will move to the next group who could be vaccinated in a centre or a surgery.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 18:21 - Jan 18 with 799 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 17:23 - Jan 18 by felixstowe_jack

Today's figures

First does %
Ni 7.44%
England 6.25%
Scotland 4.85%
Wakes 4.82%

Last week wales was 0.8% behind England today it is 1.15% . Wales has fallen even further behind.

2nd doses
England 427,386
Ni 21,016
Scotland 3698
Wales 201.

At least Wales will not run out of vaccine first thanks to dithering Drakeford.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2021 18:24]

Those figures are enough to warrant the resignation of those in charge.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024