Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly 18:04 - May 18 with 91890 viewskrunchykarrot

The time has come, second rate at best.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 16:48 - Jan 22 with 1250 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The media have taken account of vaccinations rates across the whole of the UK and rightly are holding both Scotland and Wales to account for their slow progress.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 17:04 - Jan 22 with 1252 viewsCatullus

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 14:33 - Jan 22 by exhmrc1

As far as lying if you are going to do it then you wouldnt say something so easy to get caught out. This was just too obvious for the reasons I previously outlined.

In terms of figures the media are working on the presumption that there will be 100% take up. There wont be anything like that. There isnt in any vaccination. The flu vaccine has around 70% take up although this year it was higher around 80. Taking 75% for easy Maths we will vaccinate around 550000 not 740000. We have just under 100,000 of the Pfizer left and this is the one being given in the mass vaccination centres. At the current level of vaccination in these it will be gone in 7 or 8 days.

The AZ vaccine is being given to surgeries. Up until Wednesday we only had 40000. This week we have been given 80000 and these will be given in a week. We were meant to have been given 100000 but the extra 26000 is coming next week so next week we will get 140000 which will be used between surgeries and the mass vaccination centres. Over this week and next we will get 200000 vaccines. In addition we have approx 100000 Pfizer so there will be 300000 to be given over the next couple of weeks plus any more that comes from Pfizer which will also be given in mass vaccination centres. Those will make up most of the doses needed for 70'% of the population.

These people in the media havent taken into account the increased number of centres that have been opening and the numbers that are going to be given in surgeries.

Yes they would, the simplest lies are often overlooked. It's when it gets convoluted the problems usually get notuced. Besides, as I said, it was worded so he had a get out, a convenient excuse.

On the other hand, if Gething wasn't lying then he made a complete cock up, he confused two sets of data and put one out as representing the whole of the over 80's, if he is really that useless is it any better?
As I said he's a solicitor, precision is his stock in trade.

So it's one of two things then, Gething either lied or he's completely useless, which is it?

Remember now what Drakeford said about holding bak vaccine which Gething then came out and said wasn't the case only for Drakeford to tweet again what he had said...somebody wasn't being honest there either.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 17:12 - Jan 22 with 1235 viewsexhmrc1

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 17:04 - Jan 22 by Catullus

Yes they would, the simplest lies are often overlooked. It's when it gets convoluted the problems usually get notuced. Besides, as I said, it was worded so he had a get out, a convenient excuse.

On the other hand, if Gething wasn't lying then he made a complete cock up, he confused two sets of data and put one out as representing the whole of the over 80's, if he is really that useless is it any better?
As I said he's a solicitor, precision is his stock in trade.

So it's one of two things then, Gething either lied or he's completely useless, which is it?

Remember now what Drakeford said about holding bak vaccine which Gething then came out and said wasn't the case only for Drakeford to tweet again what he had said...somebody wasn't being honest there either.

I dont think someone making a mistake is an idiot. These things happen to everyone. I dont believe he lied about you do. Given your views on the Senydd and Labour it doesnt surprise me.

As far as holding back vaccines that isnt the case. You set up staffing to deal with things over a period of time. That is what was being done and we are now seeing today the higher rates which will continue next week until the Pfizer vaccine is finished which should be around this time next week on current usage levels. After that we will be showing whatever amounts we are receiving. At that time our rate will be equal with other nations unless we havent been given equal amounts.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 08:34 - Jan 23 with 1148 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 17:12 - Jan 22 by exhmrc1

I dont think someone making a mistake is an idiot. These things happen to everyone. I dont believe he lied about you do. Given your views on the Senydd and Labour it doesnt surprise me.

As far as holding back vaccines that isnt the case. You set up staffing to deal with things over a period of time. That is what was being done and we are now seeing today the higher rates which will continue next week until the Pfizer vaccine is finished which should be around this time next week on current usage levels. After that we will be showing whatever amounts we are receiving. At that time our rate will be equal with other nations unless we havent been given equal amounts.

All four nations have been given equal amounts of vaccine in proportion to their population. This has ben reported nearly every day since vaccines were delivered. PHW PHS regularly confirm the amount of vaccines they have.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 12:32 - Jan 23 with 1131 viewsWhiterockin

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-55767262

Jumped before pushed?
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 12:43 - Jan 23 with 1124 viewsWingstandwood

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 12:32 - Jan 23 by Whiterockin

Jumped before pushed?

I kid you not a Welsh news reporter on teatime news, in an attempt to mitigate circumstances described the Welsh Assembly as quote word for word "a licensed premises". I wonder if she was being mischievous?

Many watching that would have thought that to be very funny and maybe even envisaged the building to be a spacious pub inside. Perhaps that is why it takes so long to get things done, and why the opposition is as sh1te as the government, too busy doing other stuff inside a licensed premises?

Argus!

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 12:49 - Jan 23 with 1118 viewsexhmrc1

Jumped before pushed?

A hypocrite along with his namesick Tory Health spokesman. Regularly on lunchtime briefings criticising government ministers whilst knowing all along he had done this. Tories in Wales are in a mess. Catullus do you still think they will do well in the next election after this. Leader of the party and Chief Whip. Give me Drakeford and Gething anytime.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 13:07 - Jan 23 with 1106 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Jumped before pushed?

Indeed.

How bizarre that the Tories in the Senedd gave him a unanimous vote of confidence before the result of the investigation. That support apparently disappeared when the result of the investigation was known.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Login to get fewer ads

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 13:18 - Jan 23 with 1095 viewsCatullus

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 17:12 - Jan 22 by exhmrc1

Sorry but that's nonsense. A genuine mistake can happen, I can accept that but I don't think it was.

I don't have specific views about Labour, you repeated that. My vies about politicians generally are not great, can you pick out a politician I praise? Of any party? The idea of the Labour party is fine, it's the people in it I have issues with, it's the same with the tories, those idiots caught drinking deserve everything they get and probably much more.

Drakeford said TWICE they were holding back vaccines so that vaccinators were not standing around so if that isn't the case then was Drakeford lying? Are you suggesting our own First Minister doesn't know what his own plan is?
Is it purely coincidence that the Senedd gets a public roasting for it slow progress and stream of excuses and then vaccination rates rise sharply?

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

throughout the lifetime of the SenedScrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 13:48 - Jan 23 with 1089 viewsWhiterockin

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 12:49 - Jan 23 by exhmrc1

A hypocrite along with his namesick Tory Health spokesman. Regularly on lunchtime briefings criticising government ministers whilst knowing all along he had done this. Tories in Wales are in a mess. Catullus do you still think they will do well in the next election after this. Leader of the party and Chief Whip. Give me Drakeford and Gething anytime.

Look at the title of the thread "Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly" there is no way the Senedd is currently fulfilling it directive to improve Wales for the Welsh people. Therefore at a minimum it should be restructured or as the original post says scrapped. Currently there are elections due in May, if they take place. As I have stated before I have no allegiance to any political party so this is my take on the various parties.

Labour. If you take your head out of the sand a little you must see that the ruling Labour party have not done well during the pandemic and should be held to account. In my opinion Wales has not had an improvement in living standards through the lifetime of the Senedd and Labour have been in control throughout that time albeit partly as a coalition.

Conservatives. Have done nothing to give me confidence to vote for them. The last debacle of members breaking covid rules is just and example. On a grander scale Johnson as leader of the party in Westminster has made major mistakes and his own staff have not been held to account when breaking rules.

Plaid Cymru. Possibly would get my vote as I really feel that they could upset the apple cart and get things done as the SNP has done in Scotland. Only thing that is stopping me voting for them is the independence thing, I feel Wales is not ready for this yet.

Liberals really is a waste of a vote in my opinion.

Abolish the Welsh Assembly Party. I wonder how many Welsh voters would use a vote for these as a protest vote?
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 14:09 - Jan 23 with 1072 viewsCatullus

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 12:49 - Jan 23 by exhmrc1

Ah, so you accuse me of hating Labour but now it's clear, you hate tories. i see.

The man has quit, there was a Labour man there too, he's still in post. Is he not a hypocrite too?
None of them should have been allowed to quit, they should have been sacked but there is no formal procedure for instant dismissal of elected members and maybe there should.

Drakeford and Gething any time you say, hmmm, I'll hope for better. Drakeford said he didn't even want the job but he's clinging onto it.

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 14:18 - Jan 23 with 1069 viewsexhmrc1

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 14:09 - Jan 23 by Catullus

Ah, so you accuse me of hating Labour but now it's clear, you hate tories. i see.

The man has quit, there was a Labour man there too, he's still in post. Is he not a hypocrite too?
None of them should have been allowed to quit, they should have been sacked but there is no formal procedure for instant dismissal of elected members and maybe there should.

Drakeford and Gething any time you say, hmmm, I'll hope for better. Drakeford said he didn't even want the job but he's clinging onto it.

Your second paragraph is factually wrong. He is sitting as an independent and had the whip withdrawn. Davies and his mate Millar are still there as Tories. They havent had the whip withdrawn and are still sitting Tory AMs. Look at how quick Drakeford suspended the Labour guy whlist the Tories have just tried to hang on. Should they be removed as AS. No there is an election in May. They can be removed as candidates for that hopefully. There really isnt the time for by elections.

Given the choice between Drakeford or one of the Davies I think Drakeford is streets ahead. I suspect he will go shortly into the new term anyway.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 18:06 - Jan 23 with 1013 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 14:18 - Jan 23 by exhmrc1

Your second paragraph is factually wrong. He is sitting as an independent and had the whip withdrawn. Davies and his mate Millar are still there as Tories. They havent had the whip withdrawn and are still sitting Tory AMs. Look at how quick Drakeford suspended the Labour guy whlist the Tories have just tried to hang on. Should they be removed as AS. No there is an election in May. They can be removed as candidates for that hopefully. There really isnt the time for by elections.

Given the choice between Drakeford or one of the Davies I think Drakeford is streets ahead. I suspect he will go shortly into the new term anyway.

So all four are still members of the senedd?

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 18:16 - Jan 23 with 1022 viewsCatullus

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 14:18 - Jan 23 by exhmrc1

You're a bit behind there. When I posted he had quit, he had quit and his mate Millar too. It took them too long but they finally did the right thing, most politicans try to see it out, look at Onasanya, found guilty of perjury and still refused to resign.

I haven't seen it, has the Labour guy resigned yet? Or did the investigation exonerate him?
if Labour win
Drakeford said he wouldn't serve for a whole new term didn't he? Doesn't that mean a sucessor should be in place for the election? The Labour party should be choosing their new leader now or are you in favour of a Bojo style succession? A new leader chosen by other politiciand and Labour members, not the people of Wales. Remembering that when we vote for a particular party, the leader at the tim will be the coubtry's leader if they win.

Hang on though, how do yoy ahve the whip withdrawn if you're an independent? He must have teamed up with Labour and accepted the whip in the first place? Never mind, is he still there or not?

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 19:37 - Jan 23 with 1001 viewsexhmrc1

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 18:16 - Jan 23 by Catullus

You're a bit behind there. When I posted he had quit, he had quit and his mate Millar too. It took them too long but they finally did the right thing, most politicans try to see it out, look at Onasanya, found guilty of perjury and still refused to resign.

I haven't seen it, has the Labour guy resigned yet? Or did the investigation exonerate him?
if Labour win
Drakeford said he wouldn't serve for a whole new term didn't he? Doesn't that mean a sucessor should be in place for the election? The Labour party should be choosing their new leader now or are you in favour of a Bojo style succession? A new leader chosen by other politiciand and Labour members, not the people of Wales. Remembering that when we vote for a particular party, the leader at the tim will be the coubtry's leader if they win.

Hang on though, how do yoy ahve the whip withdrawn if you're an independent? He must have teamed up with Labour and accepted the whip in the first place? Never mind, is he still there or not?

The Blaenau Gwent AS was a Labour AS. When it broke he had been having drinks with the 2 tories Mark Drakeford withdrew the labour whip so he is no longer acting as a Labour member but as an independent. This has happened in parliament with Johnson when he removed the whip from Tory Mps a year or so ago.

As far as this AM is concerned there will be an investigation by the party. When the result is known he will either be reinstated as a Labour AM or removed. In the meantime he is acting as an independent member of the Senydd. This is what was happening with Sargeant and often happens in many employments. In the civil service if your the subject of a serious misdemeanor yo would be suspended on full pay. An investigation will take place. There will be a hearing at which you would be present and a decision would be made. This happened in Swansea University with senior staff last year.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 20:56 - Jan 23 with 979 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 14:09 - Jan 23 by Catullus

The Labour bloke didn't hold a position to resign from. Labour have withdrawn the whip which is the biggest sanction they can take against him.
The Toreis held senior positions within the Tory group from which they've resigned. They haven't had the whip removed so they remain Tory AMs.

Only the electorate can sack an AM. The parties can't. The most they can do is remove the whip.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 02:18 - Jan 24 with 951 viewsDJack

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 20:56 - Jan 23 by Joe_bradshaw

The Labour bloke didn't hold a position to resign from. Labour have withdrawn the whip which is the biggest sanction they can take against him.
The Toreis held senior positions within the Tory group from which they've resigned. They haven't had the whip removed so they remain Tory AMs.

Only the electorate can sack an AM. The parties can't. The most they can do is remove the whip.

Pesky facts,JB.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 07:20 - Jan 26 with 862 viewsKilkennyjack

This is an interesting graph

Beware of the Risen People

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 08:58 - Jan 26 with 843 viewsWhiterockin

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 07:20 - Jan 26 by Kilkennyjack

This is an interesting graph

Personally I think it is not only the restrictions put in place but how the public responds to them, that will bring the numbers down.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 09:57 - Jan 26 with 818 viewsexhmrc1

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 08:58 - Jan 26 by Whiterockin

Personally I think it is not only the restrictions put in place but how the public responds to them, that will bring the numbers down.

Your right they key is the way the public respond to the lockdown but it does help to have decisive leadership and Drakeford has been more decisive than Johnson and didnt dither in bringing in the lockdown.

The facts dont lie.

At the moment every county in South and Mid Wales is at or below 300 cases per 100000 and only Wexham and Flintshire in Wales are above that. That is as a result of Drakeford's policy together with the public support.

The figures released yesterday show that 22 out of 31 areas of Swansea have less than 2 new cases per day over the last week and nowhere has more than 4.

The numbers in Swansea Bay hospitals have declined from 320 at the peak a few weeks ago to 247 a week last Sunday and have probably reduced further as will be seen when the figure to Sunday are shown. The number of cases in intensive care in Swansea Bay has dropped to 6 out of the 28 beds there normally are.

The vaccination rate in Wales is now slightly above Scotland and Northern Ireland despite you and others criticism. This was always going to happen as the AZ vaccine came in to allow surgeries to vaccinate. The rate will increase further as more centres are opened and surgeries are brought into the system. The reality is if everywhere has been given equal proportions of vacciine then the figures for all 4 countries will pretty much align. This has been achieved without the need to send over 80s several miles. instead they have been vaccinated in local surgeries using the AZ vaccine as was the plan. This was delayed due to the slower release of the AZ vaccine.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 10:10 - Jan 26 with 807 viewsWhiterockin

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 09:57 - Jan 26 by exhmrc1

Your right they key is the way the public respond to the lockdown but it does help to have decisive leadership and Drakeford has been more decisive than Johnson and didnt dither in bringing in the lockdown.

The facts dont lie.

At the moment every county in South and Mid Wales is at or below 300 cases per 100000 and only Wexham and Flintshire in Wales are above that. That is as a result of Drakeford's policy together with the public support.

The figures released yesterday show that 22 out of 31 areas of Swansea have less than 2 new cases per day over the last week and nowhere has more than 4.

The numbers in Swansea Bay hospitals have declined from 320 at the peak a few weeks ago to 247 a week last Sunday and have probably reduced further as will be seen when the figure to Sunday are shown. The number of cases in intensive care in Swansea Bay has dropped to 6 out of the 28 beds there normally are.

The vaccination rate in Wales is now slightly above Scotland and Northern Ireland despite you and others criticism. This was always going to happen as the AZ vaccine came in to allow surgeries to vaccinate. The rate will increase further as more centres are opened and surgeries are brought into the system. The reality is if everywhere has been given equal proportions of vacciine then the figures for all 4 countries will pretty much align. This has been achieved without the need to send over 80s several miles. instead they have been vaccinated in local surgeries using the AZ vaccine as was the plan. This was delayed due to the slower release of the AZ vaccine.

The vaccination rate improved when Drakeford and Gethin had a kick in the backside from the press. You are the only person who does not agree with this.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 10:51 - Jan 26 with 780 viewsexhmrc1

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 10:10 - Jan 26 by Whiterockin

The vaccination rate improved when Drakeford and Gethin had a kick in the backside from the press. You are the only person who does not agree with this.

No it was planned all along. Awaiting tor the AZ vaccine to arrive to vaccinate in surgeries.

Here is an article from 30 Dec. Last week was the first we had 80000 jabs. Prior to that we had 40000 over 2 weeks. It was always going to change things. I told you this many times and have now been proved right. All over 80s other than those not wanting it, requiring house visitis or who cannot have the jab for medical reasons will be vaccinated this week

https://www.rhyljournal.co.uk/news/18976686.reaction-oxford-astrazeneca-covid-19
[Post edited 26 Jan 2021 10:57]
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 11:01 - Jan 26 with 777 viewsexhmrc1

Here is another article from WG on 11 Jan

Health Minister Vaughan Gething will today publish the COVID-19 Vaccination Strategy, which sets out three key milestones.

It comes as the latest figures show more than 86,000 people have received the vaccine. Wales will publish daily vaccine figures from today.

The three milestones set out in the plan are:

By mid-February — all care home residents and staff; frontline health and social care staff; everyone over 70 and everyone who is clinically extremely vulnerable will have been offered vaccination.
By the Spring — vaccination will have been offered to all the other phase one priority groups. This is everyone over 50 and everyone who is at-risk because they have an underlying health condition.
By the autumn — vaccination will have been offered to all other eligible adults in Wales, in line with any guidance issued by the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI).
In total, around 2.5m people throughout Wales could be offered Covid vaccines by September, depending on further advice from the JCVI.

The strategy depends on sufficient and regular supplies of the vaccines being delivered. It will be kept under review in line with supply of the vaccine and any further advice from the JCVI.

Health Minister Vaughan Gething said:

The Covid vaccines offer our best hope of a return to the normality we are looking forward to after such a difficult year, which has turned all our lives upside down.

“Delivering this vaccination programme to the people in Wales is a huge task but an enormous amount of work is going on to make it a success.
“We are making good progress with thousands more people being vaccinated every day.

“Over the coming week we will see the programme pick up further speed with more clinics opening and the first vaccines to be given by pharmacists.”

To reach as many people as safely and as quickly as possible, we are continuing to accelerate the vaccination programme as more supplies of the two vaccines become available.

This includes:

The number of mass vaccination centres increasing to 35 over the coming weeks, with at least one in each county. We started with seven, five weeks ago.
Military support in the mass vaccination centres — there are 14 immunisers and 70 other personnel providing support.
100 GP practices providing clinics by the end of this week.
The first pharmacies to provide the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine will start vaccinating in North Wales in the next week.
14 mobile units, run by community nurses, which are taking the vaccine to care homes.
Text message vaccination appointment reminders.
Dr Gillian Richardson, who leads the Covid vaccination programme in Wales, said:

This is the biggest vaccination programme Wales has ever seen and the NHS is working incredibly hard to get the vaccine to as many people as possible, safely and as quickly as we can.

“People will be invited to come and have a vaccination at a clinic close to their home or at one of the mass vaccination centres. I know everyone is really keen to get their jab but please wait until you are contacted for your turn.

“Vaccination will give us a path out of this pandemic but it will take us a little while to protect all the people in Wales who need it — this is why it’s so important everyone continues to take steps to protect themselves and their families from coronavirus.

Data for the number of COVID-19 vaccines administered in Wales will be available every week day from today.

The daily release accounts for the total number of vaccines given until 10pm the previous day, which have been recorded on the COVID-19 Welsh Immunisation System. Actual figures will be higher due to ongoing data entry.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 11:40 - Jan 26 with 760 viewsWhiterockin

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 11:01 - Jan 26 by exhmrc1

Here is another article from WG on 11 Jan

Health Minister Vaughan Gething will today publish the COVID-19 Vaccination Strategy, which sets out three key milestones.

It comes as the latest figures show more than 86,000 people have received the vaccine. Wales will publish daily vaccine figures from today.

The three milestones set out in the plan are:

By mid-February — all care home residents and staff; frontline health and social care staff; everyone over 70 and everyone who is clinically extremely vulnerable will have been offered vaccination.
By the Spring — vaccination will have been offered to all the other phase one priority groups. This is everyone over 50 and everyone who is at-risk because they have an underlying health condition.
By the autumn — vaccination will have been offered to all other eligible adults in Wales, in line with any guidance issued by the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI).
In total, around 2.5m people throughout Wales could be offered Covid vaccines by September, depending on further advice from the JCVI.

The strategy depends on sufficient and regular supplies of the vaccines being delivered. It will be kept under review in line with supply of the vaccine and any further advice from the JCVI.

Health Minister Vaughan Gething said:

The Covid vaccines offer our best hope of a return to the normality we are looking forward to after such a difficult year, which has turned all our lives upside down.

“Delivering this vaccination programme to the people in Wales is a huge task but an enormous amount of work is going on to make it a success.
“We are making good progress with thousands more people being vaccinated every day.

“Over the coming week we will see the programme pick up further speed with more clinics opening and the first vaccines to be given by pharmacists.”

To reach as many people as safely and as quickly as possible, we are continuing to accelerate the vaccination programme as more supplies of the two vaccines become available.

This includes:

The number of mass vaccination centres increasing to 35 over the coming weeks, with at least one in each county. We started with seven, five weeks ago.
Military support in the mass vaccination centres — there are 14 immunisers and 70 other personnel providing support.
100 GP practices providing clinics by the end of this week.
The first pharmacies to provide the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine will start vaccinating in North Wales in the next week.
14 mobile units, run by community nurses, which are taking the vaccine to care homes.
Text message vaccination appointment reminders.
Dr Gillian Richardson, who leads the Covid vaccination programme in Wales, said:

This is the biggest vaccination programme Wales has ever seen and the NHS is working incredibly hard to get the vaccine to as many people as possible, safely and as quickly as we can.

“People will be invited to come and have a vaccination at a clinic close to their home or at one of the mass vaccination centres. I know everyone is really keen to get their jab but please wait until you are contacted for your turn.

“Vaccination will give us a path out of this pandemic but it will take us a little while to protect all the people in Wales who need it — this is why it’s so important everyone continues to take steps to protect themselves and their families from coronavirus.

Data for the number of COVID-19 vaccines administered in Wales will be available every week day from today.

The daily release accounts for the total number of vaccines given until 10pm the previous day, which have been recorded on the COVID-19 Welsh Immunisation System. Actual figures will be higher due to ongoing data entry.

Can't be arsed to read all that.
Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 12:11 - Jan 26 with 738 viewsCatullus

Scrap the ineffective Senedd-Welsh Assembly on 20:56 - Jan 23 by Joe_bradshaw

I know, I got carried away, cabin fever!

I still say though those tories shouldn't have been allowed to quit, they should have been sacked. That Labour AM/MS, he should have done the decent thing and resigned the whip.

All these people are not fit to represent the people who bvoted for them. The tory fella says he didn't break rules but is he still too blind to see the message he sent out. That the people are not allowed alcohol in licensed premises but it's fine for politicians. The tories AND this LAbour fella, they all sent this message out. No wonder people break rules.

There is a process by which voters can remove an MPm have we got the same for an MS in the Senedd? If not, why not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024